• Published 13th Jan 2017
  • 1,088 Views, 16 Comments

The Archmage of equestria. - Shadow of doubt



Chishiki is the archmage of winterhold, a master at all forms of magic, yet she is bored bored of there being nothing to do, when one of her students give's her a challenge to find and travel to another dimension. She Accepted it.

  • ...
6
 16
 1,088

Prologue (edited)

Prologue

______________________________________________

Cold... That is the first thing I remember is the cold and un-beating heart in my chest. The dry ache in the back of my throat that could not be sated with water. I awoke to find that I was already drinking blood from an innocent, I couldn't stop myself. I am to week, it stopped the pain. But at what cost? The look in his eyes said it all, he had lost the thing that made us different. The spark that made life interesting, that look on the world that made people want to make their mark in their own special way. It's what separated us from them. They steal this spark so they too can have their own back. This will never come to be, so it ends up a cycle and now I was a part of it. Taking the spark of life from others just to sate my everlasting thirst.

Though I had control over my actions, I would not let him go. If I did he would be just like me, suffering just like me. I would not be that cruel to wish this upon someone else. For them to have my curse, I could not be so cruel. I did the only thing I could, I ended him.
Was it wrong of me to do so? In another's eyes probably, my own? no not really. I would always be that monster, in the corner of the shadows, the one with no emotions, just a husk of a former Dunmer. That was until I heard of the transmutation spell. Said to be able to change iron to silver and silver to gold.
Back then hope shone through my eyes. I thought if I studied magic, I would be able to use a spell like that to change me back. To change vampires back into their original species. After two years of research in the art of alteration I had finally finished it, my master spell Mammalia Transmute.
In my excitement, I cast it upon myself. Forgetting to use it on my test vampires. It seemed to work, I no longer felt it, the thirst, it was gone I was finally free... or so I thought.

I decided to enroll in the Winterhold mages college, I had already dedicated my life to the magic of alteration. So why not learn the other schools. I was in Cyrodiil then, so I headed towards Skyrim. I saw a dragon as black as night fly overhead from Helgen while I headed towards Winterhold. I could not find any survivors. So I went to the closest city capable of defending the small town nearby. I believe it was called Riverwood though I'm not certain.

When I came upon Whiterun, I told the Jarl what had happened to Helgen. After which he thanked me he asked for my help in retrieving a stone dragon tablet from some dungeon I no longer remember. His Court Wizard Farengar Secret-... umm something?

He been doing research and believed this was the key to finding the next dragon attack. So I agreed to do it if he gave me some scrolls and a few adept destruction spells. After I cleared out the tomb I handed in the tablet. I was told of a reported dragon attacking the western guard tower and again they wanted my help.
I, of course, accepted... with a little bribe of a few septum's.

When I arrived at the west guard tower, the dragon was quite an interesting beast I had never seen such power. I'm sure he would win any argument with words alone. But alas his power could not take on all of us. Slowly but surely our overwhelming numbers managed to subdue it something happened when it crashed on the ground.
It came back. The thirst... that unquenchable thirst. I could not control my legs I ran towards the downed dragon and bit into its neck and drank that sweet nectar I had all but forgotten. Luckily for me, some other warrior absorbed the soul of the damned beast, Dragonborn I believe is the word they called him. It seemed to distract the guards from my vampiric outburst. He was summoned by ones known as the grey-beards after that while I took a carriage to winter hold.

Of course, I had to take an entrance exam which was simple enough. A simple magelight spell and I was allowed in. It was amazing the teachers seemed to know all about their area of expertise. I even suspect that tolfdir was better at alteration than me. The first lesson consisted of learning about wards.
They were a taxing spell but I was able to hold one. I believe he had some regrets about some old students. He never said anything of course. He had that look, He had seen death and he was not deterred by my suspension. Perhaps this was why he was extremely safety orientated, I think there was an accident and he didn't take it all that well. I tried my best and was able to excel fairly fast. Soon enough I found myself as an arch-mage, I'd prefer not to go into the history of that particular incident. I lost someone close to me during that time and he lost his life protecting the college, maybe I'll tell you the story sometime.

After four years of study, I finally had mastered all of the arcane arts and I was able to perform acts of unbelievable power though many did not know or ever find out that once every month I went out and drank blood from the townspeople not enough to permanently harm them mind you.
I hated myself, but much to my relief it seemed my spell made the affliction non-contagious and even stopped the thirst for months at a time, though when it came back it did so with a vengeance and all the hunger from the previous week, month, or season.
I could sense when it would come and lock myself up with around fifteen liters of blood, it was what I needed to survive and if I don't get it, I forget my humanity and in my wake town's could be wiped off the map.
lately, though, I have been bored as nothing of interest has happened, I never ended up going to the greybeards as I planned but apparently some Nord Dragonborn came and destroyed Alduin, that black dragon I saw four or so years ago, though he saved the world he soon died afterward from an arrow to the knee as he could not get his footing as he fell from the throat of the world and perished. My other friend Tofdir has also died just from old age I was sad though he wanted me to continue for him as the teacher for alteration as well as hold my title of archmage, I was never as good at teaching as him but I will carry his last wish with me till the day I die.

and that brings us to well today I never really keep a journal It can be risky for obvious reasons but it helps me cool off.
~ Chishiki

notes for tomorrow's lesson
alteration and conjuration mixtures as well as teleportation and portals to Oblivion
inspect old dwelmer artifacts
And teach how to write scrolls

other notes
J'Zargo wanted to test his latest ice-cloak spell as well as his modified telekinesis spells

The Next Day

________________________________________

"argh, personal note DO NOT challenge J'Zargo to a drinking contest," I moan as the relentless calls of fake daylight hit my face in the archmage quarters.
After a few minutes of protest I finally convince my tired hung over body to move, and with that done I grab my staff, mehrunes razor, and some dwemer parts and head on to start today's lesson. "Morning, J'zargo," I say as J'zargo passes by

"Morning Arch-mage, have you started your testing with dimensional portals yet or is that tomorrow?" J'zargo questions,

"Why yes actually today is the day I will be doing a test-run while I have the class focus on combining alteration and conjuration magic" I respond while pointing to my bag full of dwemer artifacts "Thanks again for helping me get these, if there is anything I can do to help you out in return just let me know," I state still pointing to the bag.

"J'zargo is just happy to help out, but not to be hasty, we should be starting soon yes?" J'zargo ask's.

"Of course, I apologize for being groggy and unfocused at the moment I stayed up late last night, not to mention that contest" I state while opening the gates to the hall

"J'zargo is thankful of your apologies, but J'zargo can see no need as it is quite difficult to research such a topic," J'zargo says as he smiles his toothy grin at me.

"Thanks," I reply dryly. "Well take a seat while I start the class," I state.

Three Hours later

"Alright if everyone understands, off you go. Practice if you need me to repeat my lecture I am available in the middle of the hall for the rest of the evening if you need me and I am not there I will either be in my quarter's or the Arcanaeum. If there are no more questions class dismissed." I state while I start unpacking my bag and start to set up my first test-run "Finally after all this time and research I can start testing" I whisper to myself

"J'zargo agrees and wishes to help if you would allow J'zargo," the Khajiit states.

"Thanks, J'zargo if you could get me a grand soul gem that would be great there's one in the bag behind me" I respond

"J'zargo is glad to help" he states as he gets me the item I requested "thanks," I say as I take the item from his hands

2 hours later

"Alright J'zargo lets see if this works" I state as I start pouring magicka into the machine as it springs to life as mehrunes razor is used to hit the fabric of reality and creates a very loud boom sound as it hits the dimensional barrier

"J'zargo wonders if perhaps it is not meant to make that sound?" J'zargo questions me

"Actually, it is, see mehrunes razor has the ability to tear through dimensional walls and sent people to oblivion, but with my tinkering I have changed it to only tear a hole in our dimension; so yes it would be making that sound, don't worry though this is only weakening the wall, if you take note of the aetherium circlet that is on the top of the gate I made, it should hold the tear together. So it will not collapse or spread... In theory anyway," I respond with an eager tone in my voice.

"J'zargo trust your instincts and research but J'zargo is still worried" J'zargo responds with a melancholy tone in his voice.

Meanwhile in Ponyvile

_____________________________________

"Hey spike can you get me Obscure Magic's by stars swirl the bearded" twilight yells to her number-one assistant

"Sure twilight I finally no longer get lost around here so Ii will be back before you can say pie." spike reply's as he looks around the crystal Library room of the tree-castle thing,

"That's good spike I will not be done with this book for awhile It's called 'The doctor among the wolves' it really is a philosophical piece of Literature." twilight says with a fair amount of optimism in her voice.

"Alright, I'll try my best to find it. But only if once I do you take a break and have a sandwich" Spike replies as he walks off to fetch the book.

"Deal" twilight says giddily.

BANG

BANG

BANG

"what in the wide wide world of Equestria was that" twilight shout's out slightly startle, as spike fell over.

"I don't know twilight, but we should look into it," Spike dust's himself off as he pick's himself up.

"It's probably pinky pie testing out her new canon," spike says as he motions for twilight to leave the room.

"Alright well I guess we can go to sugar cube corner and ask," twilight mentions as they walk towards the entrance of the tree castle.

BANG

BANG

BOOM

"I guess it is a really big party cannon?" spike offers.

"Well, I hope so spike I really do" twilight replies. After a short walk into town, they see the busy shopkeepers offering their goods and services, the occasional bow from one of the passerby's, oddly enough only unicorns seem to be looking around bewildered and rubbing their ears.

"I guess they didn't hear the Explosion's?" spike guessed.

"I guess so" twilight offered in reply as she opened the door to sugar cube corner.

"Heya twilight, are you here because you think you heard an explosion but no one else can or do you want discord to make more cotton candy clouds and or are you here because you have studied dark magics and want to put me into a trance to make you cupcakes for EVER" pinky pie blurts out so fast it is barely comprehensible "Which if you did want me to make you cupcakes forever, all you had to do was ask, Duh. So Twiliawduha merengue" pinky starts ranting again only to get a claw in the mouth from Spike.

"What?" spike reply's avoiding the look twilight was giving him

"No pinky I am not here because I want you to make me cupcakes, I'm here because I am wondering if you have made a new party cannon, or are testing one at the moment?" twilight responds to the hyperactive mare.

"mah grapyer" pinky answers with spikes claw in her mouth, to which spike retracts afterward

"Sorry." spike apologizes as he wipes his claws of salvia.

"Awww it's no problem spiky," pinky responds "anyhooveals as I was saying, well I was going to test my new party cannon later tonight, but how did you know I had a new party cannon twilight?" pinky says while pointing a hoof at twilight accusingly. "Are you spying me because I was spying on you yesterday. Gasp, So that's why I couldn't find you. You were hiding behind me the entire time," the pink demon exclaims.

"Ahh no pinky, I was just in my Library yesterday. And that's not how gasp's work."

"Wait what if you were there yesterday? who have I been spying on this whole time?" pinky responds with genuine surprise as she turns to a stuffed bear she pulls out of her mane "Was It, you? that would explain why you didn't move all day!"

"Pinky are you okay? You seem a little more, pinky-e today," twilight says to pinky.

"Of course, I'm okay twilight. No, I haven't been testing my ultra secret party cannon why do you ask?" pinky says as she stuffs the bear back into her mane.

"Well like you said, I heard some explosions or loud banging so I assumed that you would be testing your party cannon or something?" twilight responds.

"Oh well I haven't tested it yet but I am going to tomorrow night? or was it tonight? By the way, anything I can get for you twilight," Pinky says as she point's to different cakes in the window displays naming them off.

No thanks, I guess the explosions I heard were just my imagination, I have been in the library too long," She

"told you so, but I could hear them too, so it can't be your imagination," spike snaps quickly.

"I guess you did" twilight sigh's "Welp I guess while we are here can I get a vanilla swirl cupcake for myself and one sapphire deluxe for spike" and with that pinky pie was gone.

"Thanks, twilight" spike says as he waits at a table and motions for twilight to join him.

Back in skyrim at winterhold

__________________________________

BANG

BANG

BOOM

"I.. I did it J'zargo I did it" I barely spit out of my mouth

"J'zargo is happy with this outcome yes but arch-mage this rip is it not meant to not be clear? I've seen portals before and they are normally very clear," J'zargo states with a small amount of worry seeping into his voice.

"Do not fret my friend, it is just left over magicka energy. I can just use my staff to absorb the excess" I state with confidence in my voice as I begin to use the staff of Magnus on the portal device to get rid of the excess mana, It starts to wobble.

"Ok that is weird, hey uh j'zargo be ready I think it's becoming unstable from mana absorption" I state with small amounts of worry seeping into voice

"J'zargo did not expect it to be perfect, So do not be disappointed if you are unable to stabilize the rift," j'zargo assures me. Then the machine starts to malfunction.

"J'zargo get behind the gate I have to manually disable it, I think it's becoming volatile," I say as I make my move and start to remove the dynamo core's from the gateway. I noticed something there is a crack in the aetherium circlet, It is the thing keeping it stable "shit" I think to myself just as the portal explodes in my face "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" I scream as I'm sucked into the collapsing portal

BOOM

"o no-no-no J'zargo is not sure how to make the portal again" J'zargo looks around the room only to find the gate itself has melted and the only thing noticeable is the fact the aetherium circlet has been split into to pieces "arch-mage, J'zargo is sorry, J'zargo should have help you instead of hiding behind the gate."

Author's Note:

First fic ive made so far hope you like the prologue this is just the backstory of the character

i'm looking for criticism i'm trying to improve as much as possible but a nice comment is not not appreciated

Chishiki also means Knowledge in Japanese