• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 11,581 Views, 207 Comments

Equestria Girls Holiday Special: Wrath of the Krampus - EquineAvenger



Everyone has been very naughty. Now they have attracted HIM to their home. CHS must now prepare for some Yuletide fear.

  • ...
21
 207
 11,581

Silenced Night

The storm was getting worse; the winds were blowing harder and snow was piling higher. Sunset Shimmer was trudging through the deep snow, holding herself, and shivering. She didn’t know where she was and she was freezing. She was panting and felt dizzy from the bitter cold and felt like she was about to pass out.

“I… I can’t, I can’t go on. If there is someone out there, please let them find me.” Sunset said up at the sky. Then she finally reached her limit and passed out in the snow.

Elsewhere, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, the Humane Five, and the Crusaders also found themselves in the middle of the storm. But since Twilight’s rant, they had found new determination and were willing to endure a blistering snow storm in order to find Sunset.

“Hey, I see something!” Fluttershy yelled pointing to a light approaching them from the darkness of the night. A moment later, the light was revealed to be a flashlight held by Principal Celestia.

“Principal Celestia?!” They all said in surprise.

“What are you all doing out here? You should find someplace warm and get out of the cold!” The principal told her students.

“Sunset Shimmer’s still out there! We have to find her!” Pinkie Pie told her almost hysterically.

“If something happens to Sunset, then all of this was for nothing.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Alright, we’ll look a few more minutes, but then we should find shelter.” Celestia reluctantly agreed. Deep down she knew Rainbow had a point.

With the principal in their group, they continued their search. After two minutes of trudging through snow and wind, they all found themselves in a wide snowy field.

“SUNSET!” Twilight called.

“SUNSET!” Rarity called as well.

“SUNSET, WHERE ARE YOU?” Sweetie Belle called after Rarity.

“LOOK!” Apple Bloom yelled fearfully and pointed at a spot in the snow twenty feet from them.

There they saw, lying face down in the snow, was a person. The person looked to be female, about the size of Twilight and the Humane Five, had red and yellow hair, and wore a black leather jacket, boots and an orange skirt.

“IT’S SUNSET!” Scootaloo yelled. Everyone else focused their attention on the person in the snow. It was Sunset!

“SUNSET!” Twilight said confirming the girls’ claims. At long last, they had finally found their missing friend.

Everyone immediately ran down to see why Sunset was lying in the snow and not moving at all. Fluttershy pulled Sunset out of the snow, and lay her on here lap face up. Her eyes were closed, she had completely lost consciousness from the intense cold.

“Sunset! Sunset, are you okay?” Fluttershy desperately asked her unconscious friend hoping to wake her. But she received no answer, no movement, no sounds, nothing! “Her skin is like ice!” she said feeling Sunset’s hand.

Celestia placed her hand on Sunset’s forehead. “We have to get her out of the cold.”

Applejack, being one of the physically strongest of the group, scooped the unconscious Sunset in her arms. Everyone took off quickly to find some form of shelter. After ten minutes of searching for a place to get out of the snow, the group was starting to worry.

“There has to be a house or two around here!” Twilight said. “We have to get to get out of the wind now!”

“Hey, what’s that?” Fluttershy asked pointing to a glimmering light in the distance.

“I don’t know, but I think it would better for us to head that way.” Celestia suggested.

They all started heading in the direction of the glimmering light. The glimmering light was coming from a big log cabin. Inside the cabin, near one of the windows, was a bright burning candle sitting on a table. There was a licking sound, then a hidious inhuman hand reached over and pinched the flame putting it out.

After seeing the light disappear, the group’s anxiety began to rise.

“No, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NO!” Rainbow cried as she increased her running speed and ran in the direction the light had been with the others trying to keep up. She began to see something taking shape in the darkness. Eventually, the sight of a log cabin with a smoking chimney became clear.

“Smoke is coming from the chimney, so that must mean there’s a fire in there.” Twilight concluded.

Everyone ran up to the front door of the cabin. Fluttershy knocked on the door which opened immediately. They all looked inside, there was big fireplace with a huge fire across the room with a couch and rocking chair sitting near it, a big decorated Christmas tree with a bright and beautiful angel sitting on top, a wreath hanging above the fireplace, on the left wall was a staircase leading up to the bedroom and attic, and below the staircase was a door leading to the kitchen. However, there were no people in the house. Ignoring the fact that there was an unlocked house with no people in the middle of nowhere, the group entered. Applejack gently lay Sunset on the couch and pulled a blanket over her. Now that they were inside a warm house, everyone hung their coats on a coat hanger near the door. Pinkie Pie went into the kitchen to put what looked like her cookie container down to relieve herself of the burden of carrying unnecessary weight. When she left, the container nudged and made small banging noises as if something alive was inside it.

Author's Note:

I know this is short, but give me a few minutes and I'll have the next one up.