• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 11,589 Views, 207 Comments

Equestria Girls Holiday Special: Wrath of the Krampus - EquineAvenger



Everyone has been very naughty. Now they have attracted HIM to their home. CHS must now prepare for some Yuletide fear.

  • ...
21
 207
 11,589

Winter Horrorland (edited 11/17/16)

In a snowy meadow, the Diamond Boys, for some strange reason, thought it might be a good idea to search for Sunset Shimmer underground. So with shovels in hand they had dug dozens of big holes in the ground. Eventually, all three of them popped their heads out of the snow like gophers.

“It’s no use, she’s not here.” said Rover, the leader, in disappointment.

“Maybe we try someplace else.” suggested Spot, the shortest one.

Both Rover and Spot climbed out of the ground and began walking away. However, Fido, the tallest one, stayed behind.

“Hang on guys, I lost my hat.” Fido called to his friends as he reached his arm down into the hole he came out of.

Rover and Spot stared up into the snowy night sky while waiting for Fido to find his hat. Suddenly, Fido felt something grab his arm and pull back down into the hole. Rover and Spot turned around to find their friend had disappeared.

“Fido?” Spot called for him and ran over to inspect the hole.

“What happened? He was right there.” Rover said confused.

“I don’t know. Maybe we should-.” But before Spot could finish his sentence, he took one step back toward Rover and his body fell into a deep part of the snow with only his head and shoulders sticking out. Before Spot could start to pull himself out of the snow, he felt something grab his leg and start to pull him deeper into the ground. He kicked and screamed as he sank deeper and deeper until he was gone.

Rover didn’t even have enough time to try and help his little friend and stared in horror at the spot his comrade had disappeared. Then he saw a bulge appear in the snow and start moving toward him. Acting on instinct, Rover made a run from the approaching snow bulge which increased its speed and gave chase. Rover kept running as fast as he could, there was something under the snow that was after him and he didn’t want to get caught and find out what it wanted. The creature under the snow was gaining on Rover, then he spotted a tall bushy tree covered in snow. With all his might, Rover leaped into the air and managed to catch hold of one the tree’s branches and pull himself up above the ground and away from the underground creature that had taken his friends.

“Nah nah! Can’t get me now!” Rover taunted the unseen creature under the snow. But his chuckling stopped when he heard something breathing in the tree he was in. He looked up to see a huge creature in a red cloak, huge goat horns, a long beard, and two glowing red eyes. Rover screamed at the beast and let go of the branch he was holding onto. He landed on his back in the snow, but before he could get up and run, he felt himself being pulled into the ground kicking and screaming, and then he was gone.

Meanwhile, many Canterlot High students were looking all over town and asking almost everyone they came into contact with if they’d seen any sign of Sunset Shimmer.

“Ho, ho, ho, merry Christmas!” a man dressed as Santa Claus said to a drama boy and an athlete girl and rang his charity bell.

“Excuse me, have you seen this girl?” the athlete girl asked the man holding up her phone with a picture of Sunset on it.

The Santa examined the picture for a moment then sadly shook his head no. “Sorry, I’ve never seen her.”

“Well thanks anyway.” the drama boy politely responded then he and his partner decided to move on.

Another group of students consisting of an athlete boy, a techie girl, and an echo girl had just asked a couple if they’d seen Sunset, but the couple both shook their heads no which caused the group to put on disappointed expressions.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were walking down the sidewalk in a farther part of town looking for anyone who might have seen Sunset. Unfortunately for some reason there were no people anywhere.

“Where is everybody?” Diamond Tiara asked.

“Maybe we took a wrong turn.” Silver Spoon suggested.

Suddenly, both girls felt the air get windier and colder. “Come on; let’s get out of the cold.” Diamond Tiara said as she and Silver Spoon ran into the first open store they came across. They couldn’t tell what kind of store it was because the inside was dark. “Hello, anyone here?” Diamond Tiara called out but received no answer.

“Maybe we should leave.” Silver Spoon suggested, this place was starting to creep her out.

Believing her friend was right, Diamond Tiara tried to open the door they just came through but it wouldn’t budge. “The door’s locked!” Diamond Tiara said baffled.

Just then, the lights came on and both girls realized they were in a Christmas toy store. There were streams of green, red, and white tinsel going all around the corners of the ceiling. Brightly wrapped presents of all sizes were displayed everywhere. Nutcrackers, dolls, windup tin toys, jack-in-the-boxes, teddy bears, and all sorts of toys sat on shelves and tables. Near the ceiling, an electronic train rode on train tracks going around the store. The entire store looked like a Christmas wonderland, but there was one thing missing; no one was running the place.

“Do you think it’s Sunset trying to get back at us for the whole Anon-a-Miss thing?” Silver Spoon asked a little nervous about all the electronic commotion with no perpetrator in sight.

“I hope it’s her.” Diamond Tiara answered just as nervous. She didn’t want it to be anything else.

As the two girls looked around the store for who was making all the electronics go off. Silver Spoon separated from Diamond Tiara and ventured to another side of the store by herself. Then she saw what looked like a life-size toy cradle with a baby doll tucked in. The only thing visible of the doll was the top of the bonnet sticking out from under the blanket. Silver Spoon couldn’t help but smile when she saw the display; it reminded her of when she used to have one of those. Silver Spoon reached into the cradle, grabbed the blanket, and slowly began to pull it back to reveal the baby doll’s cute face. As soon as she pulled the blanket back a few inches, the thing in the cradle suddenly sat up, but instead of the cute face of a baby doll she was met with what looked like the face of a twisted Christmas elf wearing a bonnet. The creature had red eyes, grey skin, pointed ears, and a smile that revealed lots of sharp teeth. The fiendish-looking creature chuckled wickedly when it sat up.

On the other side of the store, Diamond Tiara heard her friend let out a frightened scream. “Silver Spoon?” she called but received no answer. Diamond Tiara ran to the place she heard Silver Spoon scream all the while calling out her name, but when she arrived at the spot her friend was nowhere to be seen.

On her way to the spot, Diamond Tiara passed by a huge present that slowly opened its lid and a long ribbon slithered out of it like a snake and made its way quietly toward the scared girl. Suddenly Diamond Tiara felt something wrap around her legs and pull her causing her to fall on the floor. She looked and saw that her legs were wrapped up by a ribbon that was trying to pull her into an open gift box that was producing devilish laughter.

“HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP ME!” Diamond Tiara cried while desperately clawing at the floor in an attempt to keep herself from being pulled into the horrific living box, but it was no use. A moment later, the poor rich girl was pulled completely into the living present which slammed shut. The present opened its lid again; the ribbon emerged and made a motion as if a tongue licking its lips. After that, the monstrous gift box let out a loud belch of satisfaction.

Elsewhere, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, the Humane Five, and the Crusaders were walking through a park looking for Sunset Shimmer. Suddenly, Pinkie Pie stood up straight and went stiff for a moment.

“Hey girls!” she called to the others.

“What is it, Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Did you find something?” Twilight asked next.

“One of my Pinkie Senses went off,” Pinkie told them.

“What is it telling you?” Applejack asked.

“Is it about Sunset?” a concerned Fluttershy asked.

“I'm not sure,” Pinkie answered confused and thought for a moment. “Do any of you believe in karma?”

“Karma?” Rainbow said confused by her friend's question.

“When you do something good, something good happens to you. And when you do something bad, something bad happens to you,” Pinkie explained.

“What does that have to do with looking for Sunset?” a confused Rarity asked.

“I don't know, I just got this really weird feeling.”

“Whatever it is, it can wait till later. Right now, we have to continue looking for Sunset,” Twilight said diverting everyone's attention back to the mission at hand. The girls nodded in agreement and continued on their search not knowing what was befalling the other student search parties.