• Published 2nd Feb 2016
  • 9,455 Views, 156 Comments

The Fox and the Filly - FrostTheWolf



[Displaced][Digimon Crossover] Sweetie Belle one day comes across a strange looking watch and decides to keep it on her, only for her to form a bond with a strange fox creature that knew her mother. Now the fox has become her partner and protector.

  • ...
22
 156
 9,455

1- It's a watch... I think

The Fox and the Filly- It’s a watch… I think


Carousel Boutique

Like almost every morning for the young unicorn filly named Sweetie Belle, she was trying to do anything that she could to try to cure herself of her boredom. Normally, she would do her daily chores and then go to her friends to try and have some fun with them. However, her Sister Rarity had to leave on short notice when she was being called by Twilight and the rest of her friends. Leaving without giving Sweetie Belle a to do list of chores to do. Now the young unicorn was drowning in her own boredom as she tried to look through her bedroom with something she could do on a sunday afternoon.

“Ugh… When will Rarity ever get back from her trip?” Sweetie Belle wondered, opening her closet and using her levitation magic and her hooves to try and rummage through the mess that was in her closet. She was going through books, clothes, dresses from her time at the Canterlot Wedding, camping gear from her time with Applebloom. “Now, where did I place that darn cape? I knew it was somewhere in here-. AHA!” came the valiant cry as she pulled out what she was looking for. The cape that each of her friends had to show that they were part of the cutie mark crusaders.

However, when she pulled out the cape and was tying it around her neck, it sounded like something else fell to the floor. When the filly turned her head, she curiously found something… odd lying on the floor. It looked like one of Twilight's contraptions, but it was smaller in size. It had a miniature screen on it, with a couple of numbers on it along with a blue ring and two blue buttons on it underneath the ring. It also looked like it could clip onto something like a strap for a bag or a necklace. Sweetie Belle herself though, paid more attention to the numbers and turned to the nearby clock, seeing that the time on the contraption was exactly the same.

“This is… one weird watch.” She told herself, picking it up with her hoof so she can look at it a little closer. “Hmm…” Within a few seconds, she decided to keep the watch with her and placed it in the saddlebag that went under her coat. It would be useful for her to have if she needed to get back to the boutique before nightfall. With a spring in her step, she stepped outside, making sure to put the CLOSED sign up for the boutique before using her key to lock the boutique behind her. Just as she was stepping out though, she heard a familiar voice call out to her.

“Morning, Sweetie Belle!” Turning around, the Unicorn was greeted by Spike, assistant to Twilight Sparkle. The Princess of friendship and Celestia’s student. “How are you?”

“Alright so far… hey, I thought you would be with Twilight and the others going to that village place or something like that.”

“Yeeeeaaaahhhh, I told her that I had other plans. I promised Rumble that I would play in the next hoofball game with them since Pipsqueak got grounded for not being able to finish his chores. They needed a running back and I thought I could help step up a little.” The Dragon sighed, blushing a little from embarrassment.

“Well, I hope you have fun today. I was going to go see the girls and maybe get to some crusading-.” Sweetie Belle said, before being interrupted by the young dragon.

“I’m not quite sure if that’s possible, Sweetie Belle.” Spike said as he looked into the clouds where Rainbow’s house would normally be. “Rainbow Dash would normally bring Scootaloo here, but Rumble told me before I left the castle that she was stuck in Cloudsdale. Also, with Applejack gone, Applebloom needs to pitch in more around the house since her sister isn’t there.”

That, surprised her. A lot. “Oh… guess I don’t need to be wearing this then, see you around.” She said, using her magic to untie her cape and stuff it in her saddle bag, drifting her head down as she looked around at all the children that were playing with the other ponies they saw as friends. She had a lot of ideas and plans for some fun that the filly could have with her two best friends. But with what Spike just said, she now had to take all the plans she wanted to do and push them off to the side. Of course, she could still do them if she wanted to, but Sweetie Belle was more comfortable with friends by her side.

However, there was one thing that she wasn’t aware. Well, that one thing was more likely two other ponies as she pulled a drink from her saddlebag. As Sweetie Belle turned around and saw the pair of ponies, her ears began to fold. “Oh no… not now…” She told herself. “Not now…”

“Well well… look what we found here. The lone crusader!” One of the voices said, belonging to the filly named Diamond Tiara. She was with her friend Silver Spoon and the two earth ponies just happened to be trotting along when they saw Sweetie Belle. All by herself for that matter. Sweetie Belle wanted to run, but she knew that it would just show that she was afraid. If Scootaloo and Applebloom were here, they would stand up to the bullies. But now, it was just two of them… and just one of her.

Sweetie Belle was forced to back up into an alleyway, tripping over a rock in the ground as her bag fell down. Its contents being emptied onto the ground. “Well… what do we have here? You seemed like you were going to go off on some grand adventure like you would do with your friends.” Diamond Tiara teased. “So… Why are you on your own, Sweetie Belle.”

“A-applebloom had to help her family while Scootaloo was stuck in C-cloudsdale.”

“A shame really,” Silver spoon said. “It wouldn’t be that much of a problem… if she can actually fly-.”

“Hey! Watch your mouth!!” Sweetie snapped. All Diamond Tiara did was laugh as she rummaged through the items on the ground. Taking the unicorn’s allowance while tossing a lot of the items she called junk in a nearby trash can. However, when Diamond got to the newfound object Sweetie found earlier (and was currently holding onto), all she did was raise an eyebrow.

“Now what the hay is this exactly?”

“It's… a watch… well, that’s what I think it is.” Sweetie Belle groaned.

“You think?” The earth pony said. “Okay Ms. Smarty Pants. What does that watch do?”

“It… tells the time?” All this got was a duet of laughter from both of the fillies as they moved closer to her.

“Well, that’s just something… Hand it over.” Diamond Tiara told her, narrowing her eyes and cracking a evilish grin.

“W-what? No! I found it in my room! It’s mine!!” Sweetie Belle protested, trying to keep it out of the reach of both fillies as she backed away, only to bump into a wall.

“I said… hand… it… OVER!” Diamond Tiara growled, hitting Sweetie Belle with one of her fronthooves in a straightforward jab. This in turn caused the unicorn to set off some magic that burned a piece of Diamond Tiara’s tail. And when she noticed it, the filly was furious.

“... You know what? Forget the stupid watch. This Blank Flank needs to be taught a lesson in respect.” The Filly growled as she loomed closer. The young crusader was now fearing for her life. There was nopony around, but she wanted to just scream for help. All she could do though was close her eyes and hold the newfound heirloom close.

“Somepony please help me! Anypony please!!” She prayed to herself. Thinking that no one would be able to answer her prayers. However, what she did not know was that the watch like device… was actually glowing and the colors on the outside were now… changing.

“What the hay-?”

In a flash of light, Sweetie Belle felt herself being pushed back against the wall. If she had her eyes open earlier, the unicorn filly would have seen the two other fillies that were cornering her being pushed back several feet. Now though, as Sweetie Belle did open her eyes, she saw a small light emerge from the watch and grow in size. Forming a strange creature from it as the light began to fade off. One with golden yellow fur and white snow fur along with purple sleeve bands that had a strange symbol. It was a bipedal creature with a strange set of eyes that were black where it was suppose to be white while its pupils were like Ice. As it stood there, it looked at Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, who were shocked at what happened and even more scared at what this creature was. Only to have more shivers run down their spines when it spoke.

“I suggest you apologize. Now.” It said, softly but equally stern. Both earth ponies, scared out of their minds, apologized hastily and ran off like fillies with their tails between their legs. As the creature turned around though, Sweetie Belle saw this figures eyes widen as it looked at her.

“P-pearl? Is that you?”

Sweetie herself was shocked by the figure’s words. “P-pearl? No, I’m Sweetie Belle! P-pearl was my mother!” She struggled to get back on all four hooves while trying to maintain her composure. “W-who are you!?”

“Me?” The figure asked, getting on one knee and kneeling down to the filly. “I knew your mother when she was a little filly… Maybe if we see her again, she could expla-.” While speaking, the figure noticed the expression on Sweetie Belle’s face change. “What’s wrong, child?”

“S-she’s… gone.” Sweetie Belle said, trying to hold back any oncoming tears. “S-she d-died when I was very young. I-i was just a foal when it happened.”

The figure’s eyes widened in response. “Oh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know about that happening to her… I knew her when she was about your age. To her, I was her protector. Her guardian. Now… it seems like my task falls upon being your protector this time.”

Sweetie Belle then looked up, shocked and surprised. “R-really?”

“Yes. You have my digivice…” the Fox told her, “It shows that I am your partner. I can explain more if we find someplace safe to talk about this.”

“S-sure… Um… What’s your name, miss?”

The fox chuckled, looking back at the little filly as she messed with her mane a little. “My name is Renamon… Though, your mother would always call me Rena.”

“Okay um… Rena. Follow me.” Sweetie Belle said briefly, before noticing Rena disappear back into the digivice that she was holding. “Rena? Where did you go?”

“I’m right here, Sweetie Belle.” The voice of Rena echoed through the device. “I can stay in here whenever you are outside. Just let me know when you are back home.” Sweetie Belle nodded, the young filly soon scurrying back to her home as she raced inside and locked the door. Galloping up the stairs, she slammed the door to her room, letting out a deep breath.

“Um… Rena? We’re home.”

The same light glowed from the digivice as Rena soon landed next to her. Looking around, she smiled a little. “Well… This sure brings back memories.” Noticing a confused look on the filly, the fox simply smiled. “This used to be your mother’s room when she was your age.”

“It was?” Sweetie Belle asked, resulting in Rena nodding her head. “Well, I think that explains finding this… digi what’s it name… in my closet.” The filly then hopped onto the bed, patting on it with a hoof and signaling for Renamon to sit down. Smiling, the fox complied. “Rena… I’m sorry about this but… I really have a lot of questions to ask you.”

“No worries, Sweetie Belle. Take your time.” The fox insisted.

“First… what are you exactly? You don’t look like a pony, but you talk like one and… well… have feelings like one.” Sweetie Belle asked, causing her guest to sigh to herself a little.

“That… may be complicated.” Rena assured her. “In one life, I was just an ordinary teenaged girl instead of what you see now. However, when I got a doll of Renamon and the digivice you now hold, I felt myself getting pulled away from everything I once knew and waking up as what you see now. When I first arrived, it was… I would think twenty years ago or so. Everypony saw me as an animal and tried to chase me out of any town I entered. However, it was Pearl who was kind and generous enough to let me in. That’s how we became partners.

To answer what I am though, to put it simply, I’m a digimon. Short for digital monster. Most of my kind exist in the digital world, a world that’s invisible to yours but has expanded because of advancements in technology across your world. However, those digimon are dangerous. They have powers like unicorns and alicorns have magic and Pearl and I have had to fight a few to protect her home and people she cared for.”

“Wow… Rena, how do you know all of this?”

“I said your world’s technology formed the digital world. Therefore, the information that anypony can access on any device we can access as well. However, I have not been to the digital world in a long time. Before you brought me out, I felt like I was taking a long nap.” Rena shrugged. “The last I heard from Pearl, she had just had a foal and moved back into her old home from Canterlot.”

“That must be Rarity! She’s my older sister!”

That caught Rena’s attention rather quickly. “Well… that I did not know.”

“I can tell you more about her later, but right now, she’s away visiting someplace with her friends.” The filly told her. “But one thing I was curious about was that you said that powers. What kind?”

“Well, they’re more like certain attacks I have,” Rena said, extending a paw as some crystalline shards the shapes of diamonds began to form in her paw. “This one is the one I use the most. Diamond Storm.”

“Wow! That’s just like Rarity’s magic!” The filly stared in awe for a bit before the digimon had the crystals disappear.

“That’s kind of ironic actually. One of Pearl’s special spells involved crystals and I helped work on it with her.” The fox said. “Maybe when your magic improves, I can teach you too.”

“Yes please!!” Sweetie said, hugging Rena with her hooves and squealing out of pure joy. “Thank you! For… well saving me earlier.”

“Oh no need to thank me there. I’m your partner,” The Renamon replied. “Therefore, I was just merely protecting you.”

“I understand that… Rena? Is it okay if… well… I call you a friend?” The curious filly asked. All the fox did was smile as she tickled Sweetie Belle with her tail.

“Yes it is Sweetie. I’ll be your friend.” She smiled, looking down at her. “Now, you seem a bit hungry. Want me to make some dinner?” The filly nodded happily, racing downstairs as Rena just watched her with a smile on her face.

Brings back old memories, doesn’t it Pearl?” she thought to herself. “It definitely does for me… Your children will be safe with me… I promise.”


End Chapter 1

Author's Note:

First chapter with trying something like this. Thought it would be good to practice with some Digimon works since I am planning to do some projects with some friends involving Digimon. Plus, I thought Renamon would work well with Sweetie Belle given the abilities Rena has. More will be covered in time, but I thought this would be a good simple first chapter.

What do you guys think? I would like to hear back from you guys on what I can do with future chapters.
-Frost