• Published 23rd Jan 2016
  • 2,665 Views, 126 Comments

Ponyville Fire Department - Rescue Sunstreak



A story of Rescue Sunstreak and the PVFD, and the honor, duty, and sacrifice all first responders give.

  • ...
9
 126
 2,665

PreviousChapters Next
19 - In the Dark (interlude)

He smiled as he worked, his work was enjoyable, after all. He ran another string up over the beam, then tying it up, making sure the bright yellow balloon hung down at just the right height. He gave a little laugh at the jiggle it made, thanks to the fluid inside it.

Oh sure, It was not always fun. The mean dummy-head firefighters continued ruining his work and kept forcing his only friend to have to leave, but that was going to change.

Looking around, he could see twenty of the balloons, each one above a single blue candle. It had to be blue, because red was the color whorses used. That was what mommy had told him when he was a foal.

This was far more messy than he liked, but it would be far faster than his last two attempts at freeing his friend. He walked over to check things one more time, before glancing at the watch worn around one hoof.

Up above him, on the floors above, ponies slept. Four ponies, a family, such a nice family, but that was a lie. No family was nice. Daddies did bad things, and mommies looked the other way. Well, that was alright. His friend had shown him how to have fun, how to make the indecent things stop. He knew one of the ones sleeping above was just like the mean fire ponies, so, that made this all okay.

Not a sound was made as he slipped up the stairs, looking around to be sure nopony saw him coming out of the cellar door. He looked back and with a barely held-in smile, gave a nod. A soft green glow, then all twenty candles lit. He closed the door behind him and took hoof, heading for a spot he could watch his best friend play with new pony friends.

PreviousChapters Next