• Published 4th Feb 2016
  • 295 Views, 0 Comments

My Name Is Tether - EpicMuttonChops



Just another Hearts and Hooves day for a stallion who doesn't like Hearts and Hooves Day. My first attempt at a sadfic, starring a character I created within 3 minutes.

  • ...
 0
 295

Missed Opportunity

I stood patiently around the corner, sweeping a chunk of my orange mane out of my face as the three little fillies walked up to Tether's door. The earth pony with the bow knocked on his door. They waited a moment until Tether opened it. He looked confused.

"How did you find out where I lived?"

"It took all afternoon yesterday just ta find somepony who knew you. We found yer house last night, but all th' lights were off."

"We thought you'd gone to sleep."

"Listen girls, I told you why I don't like Hearts and Hooves Day. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to be left alone today." He started to close the door.

"Wait!" The little unicorn squeaked as the three put their hooves in the doorjamb.

He sighed. "What?"

"Let's say Firestar was around right now," the purple-maned pegasus said. "Is there anyone you'd wanna tell her? Or anything you'd want her to tell you?"

Tether stood silent at the door for another moment. "There's nothing more to say," he said, and he closed the door and locked it. The three fillies returned to where I stood, their faces downtrodden.

"Sorry, Firestar," they said. I nodded, and they left. I stayed around for a little while, but I noticed from the corner of my eye, Tether had opened a book. What was in it? Papers? I moved around his house to try and see what he was looking at.

My sweet Firestar.......sorry...........didn't know.................regrets........never see these letters......miss you.....my love.

Sweet Firestar? Regrets? His love?

Oh Celestia, what did I do to him?

I couldn't hold them back anymore. My eyes filled with tears and I fell to the ground sobbing.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment