• Published 21st Jan 2016
  • 858 Views, 14 Comments

Sash Lilac and Rainbow Dash: Family across Time - knigsonic



Rainbow Dash meets her Desendant Sash Lilac, only for the two to have to team up in order to save the past and future

  • ...
9
 14
 858

Return to the past

“THIS ENDS HERE YOU SPARKLING TWIT” Serpentine shouted as he leaped forward, aiming his blasters at Lilac. The dragon girl smirked and leaped up going into a cyclone knocking both guns out of his hands landing on them, crushing them.

“Not gonna happen Snake Man, So just give up! Ive beaten Brevon two years ago TWICE! What hope do you have of defeating me?” She said with a grin as she dragon boosted into Serpentine, knocking him out of the thirtieth story building only for his ship to fly in and catch him.

“YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST OF ME DRAGON-GIRL!” He screamed before taking off. Lilac sighed and turned around running back into the building.

“It’s ok. You all can come out now.” She said as the Avalicians in hiding stuck their heads out. Soon the crowd began cheering and ran forward to thank their hero.

“Thank you Miss Lilac!” A young panda child said hugging Lilac’s leg. Lilac smiled and patted her head as the child let go and waved to the crowd.

“It’s all in a day’s work everyone.” Lilac said happily before leaping over everyone and dragon boosting away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Lilac ran out of the building and out of town wanting to get back to her treehouse. “Man, things sure have changed around here.” Lilac said looking around at all the futuristic settings around her. “Makes me glad nobody has tried to take down Dragon Valley and the forest around my tree house.” She continued saying as she entered the forest. However, instead of heading straight for her treehouse, she made a hard left and ran to a small setting in the middle of the forest. She slowed down and walked forward to two Grave Stones and gave a soft smile. Looking at the one on the left read ‘Here lies Sonic the Hedgehog, Fastest Hedgehog alive, hero of Mobius, and husband of Rainbow Dash.’

She closed her eyes and thought back to two years ago when she, Carol, Milla, and Torque went back in time to two hundred years in the past as Brevon fell back in time and teamed up with Dr. Eggman in order to destroy the future. She remembered when she teamed up with her Great Grandfather, Sonic, in order to defeat Brevon and Eggman, along the way crushing both their armies, and their creations, Shadow the Hedgehog, Metal Sonic, and even a Metal Lilac. They soon defeated Brevon and Dr. Eggman’s ultimate robot and set the future back in motion.

Opening her eye’s, she looked over to the right tombstone and read ‘Here lies Rainbow Dash, Fastest Pegasus alive, hero of Equestria, and Wife of Sonic the Hedgehog.’ At finishing reading this,, she gave a frown and sigh as she thought back to a year ago when she, Carol, and Milla were having a camp out when a Crystal appeared in front of them. They held onto it as the next day strange creatures appeared out of a wormhole looking for the crystal. Lilac and her friends fought back the monsters as best they could. However, soon Sonic and his friends had appeared, searching for the Crystal. Lilac remembered as Sonic’s crew had been expanded quite abit, with slightly taller warriors wielding the elements, a massive robot covered in flame decal’s wielding a massive sword, but the part of the group that stuck out to her the most was the new mobians, mainly Rainbow Dash, Lilac’s Great Grandmother. Rainbow Dash apparently knew Lilac, but at the time, Lilac didn’t know much about her. They sadly didn’t get to interact much cause according to Sonic, they needed that crystal to stop a corrupted pony from another universe hell bent on destroying reality.

Lilac rejoined the fight along with heroes from some of the alternate worlds Sonic and Rainbow Dash visited in order to buy them time while they fought the crazed deity in the center of time. After the battle she got to see Rainbow Dash one last time, upset she didn’t get to spend time with her like she did with Sonic. Rainbow Dash smiled and told her, “don’t worry. You’ll meet me again soon enough. How do you think I know you so well?” Lilac smiled nodding and hugged her before she returned to her time.

“You miss them, don’t you?” A voice said behind her. Lilac instantly turned around getting into a fighting stance spotting two figures standing behind her.

She relaxed when she released who it was. “Indeed Shadow. Despite the fact they joked around a lot and half the time didn’t take anything seriously, I still loved them. I just wish I got more time to be with them… Especially Rainbow Dash.” Lilac said as the Hedgehog walked forward.

“That’s what were here to talk to you about.” He said as he waved his wife to come over. Lilac turned and saw Twilight Sparkle walk forward.

“It is good to see you once again Lilac.” Twilight said with a smile as she hugged Lilac.

“Its good to see you as well Twilight. So what brings you two to these parts?” Lilac asked as they stopped hugging. Twilight’s smile turned into a frown and slowly turned around.

“Lilac, you remember that Rainbow Dash had said she knew you before you met her, correct?” She asked as Lilac nodded and stepped forward.

“Why do you ask?” she responded. Shadow stepped towards her and placed his hand on Lilac’s shoulder. Despite the fact Shadow no longer was trying to take her or her friends down, Lilac still felt uneasy around him after the time’s they fought in the past.

“Twilight has sensed you are of age as to when she had met you for the first time. And as such, you recall Rainbow Dash mentioning you and her fought The First Water Dragon, yes?” Shadow asked. Again, Lilac nodded as Twilight turned around.

“It is time you went back and preformed these actions for yourself.” Twilight said as she focused her magic. Shadow stepped forward he placed his hand on her shoulder, allowing his Chaos power to flow with her magic as they unleashed a Time Vortex in front of the group.

Lilac watched in amazement and stepped forward. Twilight looked at her and said, “I won’t tell you what to do or how to do it. This is your journey, so do it right. And have fun with Rainbow Dash. I know she had fun.” Lilac nodded and approached the portal, only to turn around.

“How will I get home when this is over?” Lilac asked. Twilight thought for a moment trying to remember how Lilac went home.

“Come find the young me when this is all over. Ill relock onto this portal and send you back mere seconds after you left.” Twilight said. Lilac nodded and looked back towards the portal. Gripping her hands, she leaped up and dragon boosted into the portal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A massive vortex suddenly burst open in the middle of Ponyville. A few seconds later, Lilac blasted through as the vortex close up. Skidding to a stop, Lilac looked around to see if there was anybody around that she might of scared. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case. Seemed everyone was in bed thankfully. Turning around, Lilac spotted a tree with windows on it. “Hehe, looks like somebody took 'Tree House' abit to literal.” She said with a chuckle. Noticing a light was still on, Lilac jogged over and knocked on the door. After a few seconds she heard someone walking to the door muttering to themselves about who would knock at this time of the night. Lilac watched as the door opened and looked down to see a purple pony looking up at her obviously not expecting someone like her to be on the other side. “Uh, hi there. I’m Sash Lilac.” She said extending her hand out to shake. The pony stood there for a second before shaking her head back and forth.

“Oh, Uh, I’m Twilight Sparkle.” The pony said. Lilac blinked at the name.

“Twilight Sparkle? You’re Twilight Sparkle?” She asked.

“I was the last time I checked… Why do you ask?” Twilight asked confused as to how this girl knew her. Lilac scratched the back of her head and gave a soft chuckle. “It’s a long story. Mind if I come in?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So let me get this straight… You’re a dragon… from the future?” Twilight asked as Lilac sat on her couch sipping a cup of tea. Lilac nodded as Twilight continued. “And despite the fact you’re a dragon, you’re a descendant of Rainbow Dash?”

Lilac nodded and replied, “It’s crazy, I know, but she gets married, they have a kid, that kid gets married and has a kid, and that kid gets married to a dragon and has a kid. Dragon DNA is actually pretty strong.” Twilight scribbled what Lilac said into her notebook and looked up.

“So mind telling me who’s the special Somepony she gets with?” Twilight said with a smirk.

Lilac chuckled and simply said, “Spoilers.”

“Oh fine.” Twilight said with a pouty face before continuing. “so you’ve come back with the aid of my future self from 200 Years into the future to come back to stop a crisis from happening, because I knew in the future that Id send you back because I already lived through it, but the only way I knew was because you told me and OW MY BRAIN HURTS!” She said putting her hoof to her forehead.

Lilac giggled and told her, “Ya. Time Travel sucks. Best not to think to hard on it.”

Twilight looked up and sighed. “True. So how long will you be here?” she asked to which Lilac simply shrugged.

“Your future self wouldn’t tell me anything, saying I had to live it out for myself. But Im guessing Ill be here long enough to stop this ‘First Water Dragon’ that Rainbow Dash of the future told me about.” Lilac said finishing her tea.

“Sounds like a good guess. So, Im guessing you don’t have a place to sleep currently?” Twilight asked. Lilac shook her head sadly. “Then you’re staying here.” Twilight said as she went into her closet and pulled out the guest pillow and blankets.

“Are… Are you sure?” Lilac asked getting up and taking them from her. “I wouldn’t want to intrude on you. And sides, your future self didn’t say anything about me staying here.” Lilac finished saying as Twilight made her way upstairs.

“I know, but it’s what friends do.” She said with a smile causing Lilac to smile back. “Besides, I’m sure Spike would be thrilled to have another dragon in the house hehe.” Twilight continued as she headed upstairs for the night.

“Another dragon? Cool. Guess I’ll meet him tomorrow… or later… if it is already tomorrow.” Lilac said making a bed on the couch and laying down, soon falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilac awoke to the sounds and smells of breakfast being made. She slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes looking around. “Ya… this is definitely not a dream.” She said to herself as she got up and made her way to the kitchen. She spotted Twilight looking over a Newspaper. Twilight looked up and smiled.

“Morning Lilac.” She said to which Lilac bowed and replied, “Good morning Twilight.”

Twilight chuckled and said, “No need to bow. I’m just as normal as you.”

Lilac sat down and said, “I know. It’s just in my time, it’s a sign of being polite to others.”

“Ah. Makes sense.” Twilight said putting the paper down before continuing, “I hope you don’t mind, but I invited my friends over for breakfast and to meet you.” Lilac shook her head as a knock came at the door. “That’s probably Pinkie Pie now!” Twilight said getting up to go answer it. Lilac sat and waited as she heard breakfast no longer being made.

“Breakfast is done!” a young male voice said as a young dragon climbed up a step ladder and placed a stack of pancakes on the table. He then turned to face Lilac and stopped moving for a few seconds. “There is another dragon here! Twilight wasn’t pulling a joke on me!” He said finally.

Lilac blinked and replied, “That don’t sound like Twilight.”

“What don’t sound like me?” Twilight asked walking back in with a pink pony and an orange pony.

Lilac turned around and said, “I was just saying that it doesn’t sound like youd play a trick on Spike here.”

Spike looked at Lilac and asked, “How do you know my name?”

“Twilight told me last night.” Lilac said with a smile and extended her hand. “Im Lilac!” She said happily as Spike extended his claw and shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you. How come you look different from other dragons?” Spike asked.

Lilac blinked and asked, “what do you mean? Every dragon Ive ever met looks like this… Plus I am from the future so I don’t know, maybe dragons just evolved to look like this.” Spike stood there stunned.

“Incredible.” He eventually said. Twilight smiled rolling her eyes and walked over to Lilac.

“Anyways, Lilac, this is Applejack and Pinkie Pie.” She said pointing towards the two new ponies.

“Well howdy there Partner. Im Applejack.” Applejack said extending her hoof out to Lilac, who stood up and shook it. Pinkie Pie simply gasped and got ready to run off only for Twilight to grab her with her magic.

“Oh no ya don’t Pinkie Pie. I think we can hold off on the party for abit until after Breakfast.” Twilight said causing Pinkie to land on the ground.

“Oh, right. Silly me hehe.” Pinkie Pie said trotting over to Lilac and extending her hoof. “HI! Im Pinkie Pie! Ponyville’s local party planner." She said while shaking Lilac’s hand vigorously. Lilac let go after nearly losing her arm as another, more timid knock came at the door, followed by someone telling the knocker to be louder and banged on the door only to be scolded by a third voice.

“Guess that’s everypony else. Ill let them in.” Spike said and ran to the door. Twilight, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie climbed into their seats as Spike returned with a white Unicorn, who he was gushing over, a yellow Pegasus who was hiding behind her mane, and a cyan Pegasus with a rainbow mane, the latter of the three Lilac recognized instantly, despite her being a pony.

The Unicorn sat down and waved at Lilac before saying, “I see introductions are underway. Hello Dear. I am Rarity. If you need a new outfit, just give me a shout and I’ll be make you one in no time flat.” The timid Pegasus climbed into her chair and mumbled behind her mane.

“Im Fluttershy…” Though hard to hear, Lilac managed to make the name out just fine and smiled at the Pegasus.

“It’s nice to meet you Fluttershy, as is you Rarity.” Suddenly the Cyan Pegasus flew over everypony, grabbing her a pancake and landed in her chair.

“And then there’s me, a pony so AWESOME she don’t even need to be introduced.” She said and begun eating her pancake.

Lilac chuckled rolling her eye’s and said, “Of course Rainbow Dash.” Rainbow Dash, hearing her name even though nopony else had told her name to the dragon, slowed down her eating and looked at Lilac.

“Ok… who are you, and how do you know my name?” Rainbow asked glaring daggers at her. Twilight decided to intervene patted Rainbow’s shoulder.

“Actually, that’s why I asked you all here. Lilac… is from the future. More specifically, Rainbow Dash’s future.” Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked between Lilac and Rainbow Dash.

“How far into the future?” Rarity asked finally.

“About 200 years into your future.” Lilac said as she grabbed a pancake and munched on it.

“Wait… so… Im gonna have kids? And further down the line Im gonna have a Great Grandkid that’s gonna be… a Dragon?” Rainbow Dash asked Lilac who in turn nodded. Rainbow Dash fell back in her chair and crossed her forelegs.

“There goes being a Wonderbolt.” She pouted. Lilac frowned at this and stood up, walking over to Rainbow Dash and patted her back. “Hey, don’t look so glum. Like my Great Grandfather said, 'Never give up. Just be true to yourself and you’ll always succeed!'"

Rainbow Dash looked at Lilac and asked, “So who’s the stallion I settle down with? And how long do I got?”

Lilac chuckled heading back to her seat and smiled. “like a strange woman once said… ‘Spoilers’. Though Ill tell you this much. Ive met him two years ago due to a time rift opening after my friends and I defeated an alien overlord. Lets just say, you two were made for each other!”

Author's Note:

wow... I actually rebooted a story...
Enjoy.