• Published 21st Jan 2016
  • 1,047 Views, 27 Comments

The Mare In Grey - ChaseTheChangeling



Vinyl moves into a new house.... and it's haunted! But who is this mysterious mare in grey that's been haunting this home for ten years?

  • ...
3
 27
 1,047

Vinyl Listens to Ghost Buckers and The Mare in Grey Experiences Buck Marley's Nirvana (Disclaimers Ahead!)

Look, I know not a lot of people agree with the weed thing, but it's here for a reason. If you're not comfortable with that, I'm like, uber sorry, but I won't change it, and I won't be upset if you stop reading because of that, this is just a warning. This chapter can be skipped, but it would put a small damper on the story if you did. But do you, loves. -Furious Flyer Dashie

Vinyl had sat on her futon looking over her home for a whole hour, a glass jar balanced in her hooves. The home seemed more foreboding with nothing in it, so Vinyl quickly set up some of her belongings. On one wall was a large TV mounted to the wall, a stereo set put up around the TV, and a few speakers and a DJ's set up against the opposite wall behind the her futon. There was a small shag carpet that was a lovely lavender colour laying under the futon and reaching to the wall that held the TV. The kitchen was stocked with junk food, and the floor had stacks of papers and vinyl records, magazines, and video game cases. Vinyl hummed to herself as she looked around, the eerie emptiness and lack of any sound left Vinyl feeling vulnerable. But if there was anything Ghost Buckers ever taught her about bucking ghosts, it was that you need to have them thing you're vulnerable, so they'll come to you.

Vinyl sighed and reached under her futon where there had lay a small wooden box, it's golden hinges well kept and a sweet little carving that read "LEGAL" in burned indents. Her horn glowed as she removed a little glass pipe from it, the pipe's bowl held a thick layer of black residue that tingled her nose as she sniffed it. 'Still fresh...' Vinyl hummed as she thought to herself, her horn flicking a few more green flaky bits into the pipe's bowl before setting the foliage aflame, the slow burning bud crackled in resistance, filling Vinyl's ears with a calming sound.

It hadn't taken long before Vinyl zoned out, her face felt numb, and the world was a slight blur, and soon a filling feeling after a small cough. 'So much for feeling vulnerable... I feel invincible now!' Vinyl thought to herself as she slumped further into the comfy worn futon. Vinyl had only sat on the cushions for a measly thirty seconds... or was it thirty minuets? Maybe about thirty millionths of a second? 'Woah, that's fast... like... really fast... how fast can a pony run? Like, a few feet per second? How many though? Do ponies have feet? No no, we have hooves! But... but what am I? Do I have hooves? If I were a pony, wouldn't I know?'. While Vinyl continued to contemplate life and if she was really a real pony or some figment of another higher beings imagination made for the entertainment of young creatures like themselves, a flurry of hooves scurried across the hard floors. Vinyl's lazy eyes drifted to see the noise was coming from some small little things on the ground. Like a mouse... but, not a mouse. Vinyl lifted herself from her seat to see the small thing stop in its tracks and look up at her.

"What are you?" Vinyl asked half to herself.

"I'm... um... I'm Octavia...." the small thing said nervously. Vinyl's eyes remained half lidded and and she sat back on her seat and smiled, patting the empty seat beside her.

"Hey there, that's an odd name for a mouse! Come on up here, chill with me!" Vinyl began to snicker a little as she lifted her bowl again, the full feeling having since left her. Octavia, the tiny little "mouse" looked about her surroundings and shook nervously. "Hey, come now!" Vinyl began comfortingly, "I'm not going to eat you or anything, heh heh, I just wanna be friends. You live here, I live here, and you're willing to talk to me, not like the mice in my old town, always giving me the cold shoulder." Vinyl made a slightly displeased face at the memory of those rude mice. Octavia only gave the large unicorn a confused glare.

"What are you doing?" She asked as Vinyl took another long hit from the pipe. Vinyl gently put the bowl down on the table and let the smoke fall from her nose as she sank back into the seat.

"What? This? I'm just.... relaxing...." Vinyl sighed as she rolled on her back. Octavia shrugged and climbed to the couch, her tiny hooves trying to navigate the fabric the best she could. Vinyl watched as the tiny thing clambered on the side of the couch for a little while before lighting her horn to lift the little mouse up to her chest. Octavia was sat directly in the center of the unicorn's chest, where she could get a good whiff of the strong plant that was being burned.

"Are you doing drugs?!" Octavia asked half aghast. Vinyl only chuckled and shook her head.

"Nah, babe, drugs are bad! This stuff... this stuff makes you feel good!" Vinyl writhed her legs as she felt the bud working its magic.

"That's what they all say before they become addicted and crazy!"

"Well, I've been doing this for a while, and to be honest, I'm not dead, in a rehab, and as far as I know, it's legal, so it's like drinking, but less of a problem." Vinyl retorted with a slight frown. Her buzz killed, Vinyl picked her bowl back up and took another hit before giving the tiny Octavia a small glare, followed by a devious grin. Octavia looked at Vinyl with curiosity and slight worry before being engulfed in a cloud of white smoke, her lungs bombarded with the smell of the bud and the scent of the unicorn's breath; which, in turn, smelled of the plant. Octavia nearly fell back, but not before Vinyl's hoof caught her. Once the cloud had dissipated, the only thing left was a slightly dazed tiny little.... pony!

"W-why I never in all my.... in.... what the?" Octavia began before her vision too turned to that of a slight blur, her tiny body unable to resist the large dose of smoke it was given. "Eheh... that's... that's odd.... I feel all tingly..." Vinyl only gave Octavia a dead on stare before rubbing her eyes.

"You're a tiny little pony!" Vinyl shouted before laughing hysterically. "I thought you were a mouse!" Vinyl tried to keep her hooves on the tiny pony, but her hooves were numb. Octavia managed, holding herself against the shaking hoof of the laughing unicorn.

"Y-yes! Hahahahaha! W-when did you think I was a mouse?!" Octavia laughed as well, her mind now set on instant rather than long term memory and thought. It was as if everything was instinct, and anything she thought, she would do or say. As her last bits of coherent thought left her, she said one thing before her vision was clouded in a thick hazy blur. "Give me another hit, will ya, love?"

Author's Note:

Well... that happened:applejackunsure:. I might want to explain this. Growing up, a lot of my humor was shaped with things like Dave Chapelle show, Dude Where's My Car, Dumb and Dumber, and a lot of stoner movies. Like... a LOT!:pinkiecrazy: So I tend to find the misadventures of weed to be rather funny. It's a legal thing in my home state, so a lot of people do it, and it's often coupled with booze. I personally don't think weed is bad, but I mean, if you do, that's fine. I don't think booze is bad, but people don't like to always agree with that. Again, that's you, do you.:twilightsmile:

I would love for you to stick around and keep reading though, since this will not be a recurring joke, but I might make a stoner based comedy in the future, just not now, and likely, not with ponies, since it would be a tad off colour for the site, but I've seen worse things happen. Only reason I think it would be bad here, is becuase of it being a story where I would be bashing the use of "drugs" like in say, "The Musical Life of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch", I would be basing the story around it and making light of it, with characters having blunts falling from their lips every scene. :unsuresweetie:

But I tend to keep my weed stuff to myself, since it's considered a risque topic with most. :ajsleepy:

Anyway... I'm going to take a nice long walk into this rediculious amount of snow.... F*****ING SNOW!! WHYYYY?!? :raritycry: