• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 1,936 Views, 486 Comments

Life Goes On - Blue Breeze



The continuing life of Blue Breeze.

  • ...
6
 486
 1,936

Future In-Laws

"Dogpile on the new pony!" Scootaloo says as she jumps on Atom.

"What the hay?!" Atom says as he's knocked over and all three Cutie Mark Crusaders jump on him and laugh.

I laugh as Atom struggles under them. "I think they like you Atom. I never thought you'd be so good with kids."

He tries to get up, but the weight of all three of them is too much. "Blue, help me! I can't get up!"

"Somepony sounds grumpy." Sweetie Belle says. "I think it's time for a tickle fight!"

"Tickle?! No!"

"That sounds like a yes to me!" Apple Bloom says. The fillies begin tickling Atom all over, making him laugh and roll around uncontrollably.

"Hehehe, stoop it! I'm ticklish! Hahaha, I can't take it!" Atom cries out, laughing and nearly crying at the same time. "Blue, hehehehe, HELP!"

I chuckle a bit as I walk over and nudge the girls. "Okay, girls. That's enough. Let him get up."

"Aw." they say as they are forced off Atom.

Atom's laughter calms down before he clears his throat and gets up. "Thanks Blue. I seriously thought I was gonna wet myself there."

My face contorts in disgust a bit. "Um, no problem. I'm glad I could prevent THAT from happening."

"Oh, don't be such a priss."

"I'm not being a priss, I just don't like piss."

"You rhymed that on purpose, didn't you?" he facehoofs.

"Yep." I say smugly. Ignoring Atom, I turn to the girls. "Hey girls, what's up?"

"We saw ya with this new pony and we thought we'd try gettin' our cutie marks in pony greetin'." Apple Bloom explains.

"But it doesn't like look it worked." Sweetie Belle says as she looks at her blank flank.

"Hey, cheer up Sweetie Belle. What kind of talent would it be to just greet ponies anyway?"

"Yeah, that would be really lame." Scootaloo says. "So who is this guy anyways?"

"Well, he's-"

"I can introduce myself, thank you very much." Atom interrupts.

I glare at him. "Fine, you do it then, Mr. Pushy."

"Gladly." he takes a step forward. "Before I introduce myself, would you three mind telling me your names?"

I cup my hooves over my ears as I brace myself. He's going to regret that.

"Ah'm Apple Bloom!"

"I'm Sweetie Belle!"

"And I'm Scootaloo!"

"AND WE'RE THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS! YAY!" they all shout at once directly into Atom's ear.

Didn't I tell you he'd regret it?

Atom rubs at his ears. "SORRY I ASKED!" he screams.

"Hey, no need to shout." I say.

"WHAT'D YOU SAY?! I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING!"

I facehoof. "That's fantastic."

"WHAT?!"

"Okay, that's it." I walk up to him and give him a hard slap across the face. "There, that better?"

"Ow! What do you mean better?!" his eyes widen in realization. "Hey, I can hear again!"

I smile smugly again. "You're welcome."

"Hey, would you two focus?" Scootaloo shouts impatiently. "What's your name?"

"Oh, right. Sorry about that." Atom says. "Well girls my name is Atomic Vortex, but you can call me Atom. I just moved here from Canterlot."

Apple Bloom gasps. "You're that Atom feller Applejack's been tellin' us all about?"

"She's mentioned me?"

"Mentioned? She talks about ya all the time. She even said yer in the Royal Guard."

"Really? That is so awesome!" Scootaloo says.

"Yeah, it was. But the princess has restationed me to stay here in Ponyville."

"And ah truly could not be happier about that." Applejack says as she walks up from behind us with Big Macintosh.

We turn around to see them and Atom actually steps back a bit when he sees just how truly big AJ's brother is. "Oh, hey AJ."

"Howdy Atom. Ah see ya met my little sister Apple Bloom, and her friends."

"Yeah, that's right. I remember you mentioning a sister."

"Yep, now ah'd like fer ya to meet my brother, Big Macintosh."

Big Mac walks up to. "Howdy Atom, nice to finally meet ya. Applejack told me a lotta nice things about ya." he extends a hoof out to Atom.

Atom hesitantly returns the gesture by shaking it with his own hoof while giving a smile. "Thanks Big Mac. Good to meet you too."

"Also, ah'd like ya to meet my grandmother, Granny Smith."

We raise an eyebrow to her. "What grandmother?"

Applejack looks next to her to see nothing but an empty space. Well, empty besides the dirt, but you get my meaning. "Granny smith?"

"Ah'm a comin', youngin's!" Granny Smith announces from the distance. We look out to see the elderly, green mare moving towards us ever so slowly. I think I can hear creeking whenever she takes a step. "Just gimme a minute and ah'll be over there faster than a hungry jackrabbit chasin' a carrot!"

We wait for a few seconds, but we all realize this is gonna take way too long. Applejack looks at her brother. "Big Mac."

He nods. "Eeyup." he says, basically his version of saying "I'm on it". He walks over to his grandmother and lifts her up onto his back. He walks back with her and sets her down gently.

"Ah coulda done that mahself, but thanks dearie." she says to Big Mac. She slowly turns around to meet Atom. "Now look at you. Yer that Atom feller who my granddaughter's been seein'?"

"Well not seen as of late, but I am her coltfriend." Atom answers.

"Hmm, let me get a good look at ya." she starts to circle around Atom, looking him all over.

"Um, is this really necessary?" Atom asks.

"Hush. Ah'm almost done." Granny Smith says. As she finishes looking him over, she slaps him on the flank.

"Gah!"

"Hoowee! Ya'll chose a real good one here Applejack. Nice and fit."

Applejack's cheeks turn as red as the fruit on the trees. "Granny, ya'll embarassin' me!"

"Aw shucks, ah'm just havin' a bit of fun. Ya seem like a real nice stallion, Atom."

"Thanks ma'am. I promise I'll be good to Applejack."

"Actually Atom, ah'd like to speak with ya'll on that one." Big Mac says.

Atom starts getting nervous as he hears thar. "Uh, why's that?"

"Ah just wanna talk to ya'll on some things. No reason to be frightened."

Atom gulps a bit. "Well, okay."

It's the quiet ones like Big Mac you really gotta watch out for, he's probably like Drax. They're both big and nice, but the last thing you wanna do is get 'em mad.

Big Mac and Atom go behind a tree together to talk in private. I just hope it's just talking.

"So, what's up?" Atom asks.

"First off, would ya mind takin' off those sunglasses so ah can look ya in the eye?"

"Sorry, no can do on that."

"Why is that?"

"That's personal. Just know that they mean a lot to me."

"Hmm, alright. I can respect that. Now, ah just wanted to make a few things clear about you datin' mah sister."

"Um, you're not gonna beat me up, are you?" Atom asks, growing more nervous.

"Well, that all depends on you. Ah love mah family more than anythin', especially Applejack. Ah'd do anythin' for her. So let me just make one thing clear." Big mac leans down, getting in Atom's face. "If ya'll ever do anythin' to hurt mah sister or any of mah family, ah will hunt you down and turn you into mah new coffee table. Is that clear?"

Atom gulps again before furiously nodding his head. "Big Mac, you have me on my honor as a royal guard soldier that I will never harm AJ and will risk my very life to protect her if need be."

Big Mac straightens up as he smiles at him. "Glad to hear it. Now come on."

The two walk out from behind the tree and join us again. I look at Atom as he's sweating a bit. "Hey, you all right, man? You just look like you saw a ghost."

"Big Macintosh is scary when he wants to be." he answers.

I believe it. I nod as I understand him.

As Big Mac joins his family again, Granny Smith gets a thought. "You're from the Royal Guard, right sonny?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"Well, you're probably gonna need a job to do with all that free time you'll be gettin', right?"

"Yes."

"Well, how would ya like to work as a farmhoof here at Sweet Apple Acres?"

"That's a great idea Atom." AJ says as she comes over to him. "Just think about it. You and ah could work together in the fields all day long."

A thought crosses Atom's mind as he hears that. 'And with it being Summer, I could watch AJ as she gets all sweaty doing all that physical labor.'

Luckily he has enough self-control to keep his wings from popping out. "Okay, I'll do it."

"Well, we don't have anymore work to do today, so you can just relax and get settled in." Big Mac says.

"Ooh, ah know!" Apple Bloom says, garnering everypony's attention. "Ya'll could tell us crusaders about what it's like bein' a royal guard."

"That's an awesome idea!" Scootaloo says.

"Yeah, and it sounds like fun." Sweetie Belle says.

They all put on their cutest faces. "Please?"

Atom and I look at each other as we both are thinking the same thing. Atom sighs. "Sure, why not?"

"I'll come along too. I don't have anything else going on today." I say.

"Are ya'll sure?" Applejack asks. "Blue, ya do remember what happened the last time ya agreed to watch 'em, right?"

"Yeah, but I think I can handle them."

Applejack looks at the girls sternly. "If ah let ya'll go, you promise to behave for Atom and Blue?"

"We promise." they all say innocently.

"Well, ah guess it's alright then." Applejack agrees, though still a bit hesitant.

All the crusaders smile at each other. "CUTIE MARK CRUSADER ROYAL GUARDS! YAY!"

Okay, that one got me. I'm starting to get that weird feeling again.