• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 1,936 Views, 486 Comments

Life Goes On - Blue Breeze



The continuing life of Blue Breeze.

  • ...
6
 486
 1,936

Atom's Apple

Atom grins at me. "Surprised to see me again?" he chuckles.

I'm really hoping that fall didn't make me start halucinating or put me in some kind of coma induced dream. I really can't believe that Atom is here. At least, I hope he's here. My head is still feeling fuzzy.

I get up from the ground and dust myself off. "Atom? Is that really you?"

"Well, of course it's me. Who'd you think I was, Pinkie Pie?"

"Did somepony say my name?" Pinkie says as she pops out of a nearby fruit stand.

Atom and I each jump back in surprise. "Pinkie?! When did you get there?!" I shout.

"Just right now." she gasps as she jumps out of the stand and hugs Atom. "Hey, Atom. It's SO great to see you again!"

"Great to see you again too, Pinkie." he says.

"Oh, it is SO great that you're here! I just HAVE to throw a party for this!" she says as she lets go of him. "Oh, I need to go get that set up right away."

Atom grabs her before she can dash off to start getting a party ready. "Actually Pinkie, I'm pretty tired from the trip over and would just like a bit of peace and quiet. No need to make a big fuss over it."

"Hmm, okie dokie lokie then. See ya later. Bye, Atom. Bye, Breezy." Pinkie then cheerfully bounces off, humming to herself.

That's Pinkie Pie for ya.

Atom and I just stare at her as she bounces away before looking at each other. "Yeah... So, Atom, great to see ya again."

"Thanks for breaking the awkward silence, and likewise." I take a hoof and touch around his face. He bats it away in annoyance. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"Sorry, just making sure you were real and that fall wasn't making me see things."

"Yeah, again, sorry about that. Just saw you up there, so I thought I'd give you a little surprise."

"Hahaha." I laugh sarcastically. "But anyway, what are you doing in Ponyville? I thought Celestia still needed you back in Canterlot."

"Oh that. Well, Princess Celestia decided it'd be best if I were to get restationed here in Ponyville."

"You just tried kising up to her until you eventually broke down and went begging to her, didn't you?" I give him a sly face.

He chuckles nervously before hanging his head. "Yes, yes I did."

I put a foreleg around his sholders. "Eh, it's cool bro. So, I guess Glare had to stay back huh?"

"Yeah, Celestia said she needed at least one of us to stay there. He's doing just fine though."

I take my foreleg off. "Oh, that's good."

"Yeah, but I had to take a train here. I hate trains."

"Then you've never watched asdfmovie."

"I haven't watched what?"

"Never mind, forget about it."

"So, how are the others doing?" Atom says, quickly changing the subject.

"Well, just follow me under that shady tree over there and I'll tell ya." I say, pointing to a big tree.

He follows me under the tree as I begin to tell him of all the stuff everypony's been doing since he last saw us. Sometimes he just nodded, while others he was busting out laughing.

"And that's basically it." I finish.

He laughs outloud. "That's hilarious. Dark seriously started going around finding ponies and forcing them to give back overdue books?"

"Yep, you better believe it. He's made quite a few ponies around town too afraid to even check out any books. The ones brave enough though are smart enough to give 'em back when they're told and not a second later."

Atom chuckles more before a thought comes to his head. "Hey, how's AJ doing?"

"What?" I ask.

"How's Applejack doing? You didn't mention what she's been up to."

"Well..." I scratch the back of my head. I don't want him to start worrying. "Oh, she's doing just great."

Atom's eyes narrow behind his sunglasses. "Really?"

"Yep, she's been holding up just fine."

Atom gets up and comes closer to me. "Blue, don't you lie to me. Tell me how Applejack is doing, NOW!"

I hold up a fake smile as I sweat, but even with my hardest efforts, I crack. I sigh in defeat. "Applejack hasn't been doing so good since we left Canterlot."

His eyes widen. "What?"

"Ever since she had to leave you she's been feeling down a lot more. She's always acting depressed even with the group. Even her work at Sweet Apple Acres has been suffering because of it."

"That's it! I gotta go see her! I refuse to let my Applejack be sad because of me!" Atom immediately takes off with a word, making a dust trail behind him as he flies down the streets.

I shake my head. "Well, I better go after him. So much for a relaxing day."

I know it's weird to hear that from me, but I had gotten used to days being much quieter than before.

Anyway, I get up from my nice, cool, relaxing spot under the tree... What was I doing? Oh, right. I get up and open my wings up as I talk off down the streets after Atom. Even with my larger wings, keeping up with him the way he is isn't easy. A stallion on a mission of love is a powrful thing. I swear he could come close to Zephyr right now.

I catch up to him as we get closer to the outside of town and reach the gate to Sweet Apple Acres.

Atom touches down to the ground as he reaches the front gate to go inside. He looks around frantically for Applejack. "Oh where is she?"

I stop next to him and take a breath. "Take it easy, Atom. She's not hurt."

He gives me an angry look. "No, worse! She's sad and it's because of me! I NEED to find her!"

I back up a bit, actually getting a bit frightened by how he's acting. "Okay, okay! She's probably out working in the orchard right now. Let's just look around for her a bit, alright?"

He takes a deep breath. "Okay, you're right. I'll search around the trees, you go check the animal pens."

"Got it."

We both put our front hooves together in a double highhoof. "Break!"

Atom takes to the air as he starts to search for AJ. One problem with his plan though: the trees are in the way of the ground. He notices this as he goes down to the ground and starts searching the old fashioned way. Another problem: all the trees look the same, making navigation pretty difficult.

Even though I don't have to navigate a huge freakin' maze, my luck at the animal pens isn't much better. The chickens aren't as nice as Fluttershy's, the pigs keep nearly getting mud on me, the sheep wool makes me itch, and the cow pens reek. For being sentient beings like ponies, they sure are dirty. And their accents are pretty annoying too(no offense to any Canadians).

As Atom runs through the orchard, he begins getting tired as he leans up against a tree. "I *pant* didn't expect this *pant* to be so *pant* HARD." he slumps up against a tree to try and rest. "I need to rest for a minute."

A few trees away, Applejack's ears perk up as she hears some heavy breathing. "What in tarnation? Somepony must be trespassing." her eyes narrow as she starts sneaking around the trees to the source of the noise. Without bothering to see who the pony is, Applejack gets into position to buck them. "Ya no good, thievin' varmint!"

"Say what?" Atom says as he turns his head. His jaw was met with a strong buck from the farm mare that launches him up in the air and makes him hit the ground hard.

"That'll learn ya." Applejack says before looking at the pony. She gasps as she turns around to see who it is. "Atom?!"

Atom rubs his chin as he tries to get up. "Of course it's me!" he grabs at his jaw in pain. "Ow! That hurt!"

Applejack rushes over to him and helps him get up. "Ah am So sorry! Ah had no idea it was you! Ah thought ya were a thief."

"What kind of thief tries taking apples from in orchard in the middle of the day?"

"Ah don't know, bah really am sorry."

"It's fine, but you definitely weren't kidding when you said you had strong legs."

She crosses a foreleg infront of the other. "Strongest mare in all of Ponyville."

"Besides Rainbow Dash that is." I say as I step in.

"Oh, hey, Blu-WOAH!" Atom says as he looks at me, seeing that I'm now covered in feathers. "What happened to you?"

"The chickens got me again. Celestia, I hate those things." I shake myself off like a dog, getting rid of most of the feathers. "But anyway, it's good to see you two found each other."

"We sure did." AJ says as she hugs Atom. "What are ya doin' in Ponyville anyhow?"

"Isn't it great? Celestia restationed me to live here!"

"That sure is great, sugarcube. You're more than welcome to stay with me and mah family."

"Really? Thanks a lot."

"Anytime hun. Oh, and speakin' of mah family, let me go get 'em. Ah'm sure they'd love to finally meet ya'll." Applejack then gallops off towards her house to find her family.

Atom looks to me. "So Blue, you know AJ's family right?"

"Yeah." I answer. "What about it?"

"Well, what are they like so I can prepare myself."

"Hmm, they're very... colorful, but they're very nice and hospitiable like AJ herself."

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER PONY GREETERS! YAY!" three familiar fillies scream off in the distance.

"What in the world was that?" Atom says a bit worriedly.

"Oh no." I say.

"Oh no what?"

"You'll see."

This feels very familiar to me.