• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 1,936 Views, 486 Comments

Life Goes On - Blue Breeze



The continuing life of Blue Breeze.

  • ...
6
 486
 1,936

Rematch

Author's Note: Aw, back to the canon story that you all love for some unfathamable reason I cannot understand. Are you all ready to watch Blue and Atom try to beat the shit out of each other once again? You are? Well, that's just wonderful. Now gather 'round while Uncle Bluey reads, youngin's. Time to move on with the story.

"Ah, that felt good." I say as I exit the house after "using" the bathroom. I get a determined look on my face now that I no longer have any distractions. "Now it's time for me to get my payback against that son of a mare."

As I walk down the street, ready to try and put Atom in his place, Lyall looks out the window at me and raises an eyebrow.

'Does he even realize it's the middle of the afternoon and the town is completely empty.' he thinks to himself before facepawing. 'He can really be an idiot sometimes. Scratch that. All the time. The others can't be doing much better if the streets are empty. What the hay is going on with this town?'

Excellent question, my dear Lyall. Too bad I do not quite know the answer. I think it's something in the water, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I march down the streets of Ponyville, ready to have my showdown with Atom. It is high noon, actually it's closer to three, but high noon makes it sound a lot more dramatic, you know? I kinda feel like I'm in one of those Western movies right before the big stand-off.

The sun is... relatively high in the sky, it's very hot, and the town is empty besides some tumbleweeds that roll by.

...Where did those come from? Oh, whatever. They do definitely add to the effect though.

As the sun beams down from above, I make my way down the empty streets, taking down Atom my only care right now. I head straight out to the open field where we fought the first time and get there to find Atom waiting there for me.

He smirks with an air of anger. "About time you showed up. I was getting worried you were gonna wuss out on me."

I snort back at him as I flare my wings and crouch forward.. "Like I'd ever run away from you. Now, are you just gonna keep stalling this, or are we gonna fight?"

His smirk drops as his eyes narrow and he grits his teeth furiously. He grabs the Whispering Breeze off of his foreleg and forms the double-helix wind blade on it. "Fine. I'm ready to go when you are."

We start to circle around each other, never breaking eye contact. We both crouch down before lugning at each other full force.

We both shout. "YOU'RE GOING DOWN, MOTHERBUCKER!"

It's about to hit the fan.

(Blue Breeze vs. Atomic Vortex 2. BEGIN!)

We both fly towards each other at full speed, intent to tear each other a new flankhole. As we near each other, I charge up my hooves and try to deliver a Double Hurricane hoof, but Atom positions his sword infront of him horizontally and uses the blade to take the impact, the force still making him fly back and making him have to slide to a stop.

Once he comes to a stop he brings a hoof out and motions me to come at him. Like I'm really that stupid. I remember his little Cyclone Trap move that'll just make a tornado and shoot me up. Instead, I jump back a bit and-

"WOAH!" I scream as a tornado pops up and shoots me into the air.

Atom chuckles a bit. "Moron, you're just so predictable."

With me unable to control myself in the tornado, Atom flies in after me to go in for an attack. He flies right above me and positions his sword down at me. I look up at him and fire some Wing Waves, but his sword cuts through them as he drops town towards me, preparing to stab me like a shishcabob.

My eyes widen in terror as he gets closer and closer. Out of desperation, I spin myself around just as he reaches me and use a wing to knock him right into the spiral of the tornado.

As he starts spinning around and around around, I smirk as I get an idea and use this little tornado against him. Now back in control of my flight, I start spinning with the tornado, increasing its power and making it start turning blue to match me. As I continue spinning, the tornado grows and grows, nearly doubling in size.

(Pause battle music)

Over at Sweet Apple Acres

The Cutie Mark Crusader "Guards" sit outside of the "prison", thinking there are no more ponies left in town to arrest.

Scootaloo, feeling accomplished, reclines against the building. "Ah, nothing better than the feeling of a job well done."

"You said it." says Sweetie Belle in agreement.

Apple Bloom relaxes with them before her ears perk up as she hears something. She puts her ear out to hear better. "Do ya'll hear that?"

The other two crusaders put their ears out to get a listen. "Yeah, I do now that you mention it." Scootaloo says.

"Hey, what's that over there?" Sweetie Belle asks, pointing a hoof out at what looks to be a large tornado.

"What in Equestria is that?"

"It looks like some kind of tornado."

"But ah thought we already caught everypony in Ponyville."

"Well, the only ones who can do something like that are Blue and Atom. Did we get them?"

"Um..." Sweetie Belle stops for a moment as she opens up the barn door and takes a look inside. She comes back out a minute later and looks at her friends. "I don't see them at all."

Scootaloo jumps up from her comfy position and onto her hooves. "Well, we better go check it out then. This one looks big."

"Right. Let's move, crusaders!" Apple Bloom orders as all three of them gallop away to where all the action is happening.

(Resume battle music)

Back over at the fight, Atom continuously spins around in what is now my tornado. He grits his teeth in frustration. 'You're not gonna get me this easily.' he thinks to himself.

While still spinning, he starts forming the tornadoes on his hooves as he travels up the spiral. Once at the top, he's thrown upwards.

I stop as I look up at him. "Ha! Not so tough now, are ya?"

I am quickly shut up as he catches himself with his wings and prepares to stab Breeze into the ground like last time. With his blade ready, he drops to the ground like a rock.

My eyes widen and I facehoof as I realize what's going on. "Buck me."

As Atom reaches the ground, he stabs his sword into it again and the huge tornado is sucked inside of his sword, making it stronger than ever.

I snort as I go back on the ground to face him. "A reversal reversal. Not bad. I can see why they made you a lieutenant."

He smirks. "Oh, you haven't seen anything yet. I'm just getting started."

I flare my wings again as I start charging up all of my limbs. "Peh, you're not gonna get the upperhoof on me this time. I'm ready for you now."

"Then stop yappin' and start fightin'."

"Fine, if you're ready to be put six hooves under."

We both yell out battle cries as we charge out at each other, our moves now at full power. We get closer and closer until...

"STOP!"

(End battle music)

"Say what?!" Atom and I both say as we lose focus and crash right into each other.

I shakily get up to my hooves from the crash. "What the buck was that?"

"Ugh, hay if I know." Atom says as he gets up, aggitated.

We look over to see the crusaders wearing paper badges and looking really serious. "Ya'll are under arrest!" Apple Bloom announces as she points at us.

Oh, great. What now?

Author's Note: Well, would you look at that? One thousand total views on this story? Thanks to everyone who's been watching and supporting me, especially those of you who have been around since 'Continuing the Dream'.