• Published 19th Jan 2016
  • 3,068 Views, 37 Comments

The Dueling Games - Shadow Kick



This for the Friendship Games, the teachers decide to have a tournament for the popular dueling game, Yugioh. Also, the Twilight from this world wants to learn about the magic coming from the school and unintentionally ends up stealing it.

  • ...
5
 37
 3,068

The Final Draw

The day was almost over and there was still no winner from either school. So Vice Principal Luna suggested a sudden death match.

“Attention, students!” called Cadence over the mic. “Since the score's tied, we will have one last duel! Each school will choose one duelist to represent them and the two will face off in a final showdown! So choose your students and prepare your decks now. The duel happens in 20 minutes!”

“Well, which one of us should duel?” asked Sunset.

“Good question,” said Rarity. “You and Rainbow are the best duelists in school, so it’s hard to choose between you two.”

“Why don’t we decide with a duel?” asked Pinkie.

“We don’t have time,” said Rainbow. “We’ll decide with rock-paper-scissors, best two out of three.”

“Cool,” said Sunset. The girls played and Sunset was victorious.

“Alright,” said Rainbow in a depressed tone. “You can duel. But at least put my Rainbow Dragon in your deck, I’ll know it’ll come in handy. Just like last time.”

Sunset recalled the duel against Bakura where Sunset used all of her friend’s cards to beat him and get them out of the Shadow Realm. “Thanks, Rainbow,” said Sunset.

“Here, take my Golden Apples trap,” said Applejack. “This’ll really help ya.”

“Yeah,” said Pinkie. “Here, take my Wonder Balloons, this card works like Burden of the Mighty, but better.”

“I admit your deck could use a little more… dazzle,” added Rarity. “So here, take one of my Strongest Gem Knights, Gem Knight Garnet. He’s strong and doesn’t need a sacrifice.”

“You can have this card… if you want,” said Fluttershy. “Naturia Butterfly, its effect protects you, that’s why I love it.”

“Thanks girls,” said Sunset. “Yeah, I have a feeling all these cards will definitely help.” Sunset shuffled them into her deck. She then looked over at the Crystal Prep students and saw Twilight being pressured by her classmates. Sunset then reflected on the recent events of the day and began to feel the pangs of regret. “I feel awful about what I said to Twilight earlier.”

“Especially since she obviously didn't mean to do all the stuff she did,” said Fluttershy. “She's actually really nice.” Sunset then facepalmed herself.

“Let's just get through this last duel and prove we're not a bunch of cheaters,” said Applejack. “Then you can go over and apologize.”

Meanwhile, all of Crystal Prep was deciding how to battle Canterlot’s advantage.

“Listen Twilight, I know I'm asking you to beat a team that isn't playing fair,” said Cinch. “But Canterlot High must be made to understand that even with magic at their disposal, beating Crystal Prep is simply not a possibility.”

“What if they grow wings again?” asked Sugarcoat.

“A very good question,” answered Cinch. “Though I believe we can now fight fire with fire,” Cinch looked over at Twilight. “I've seen what your device can do, Twilight. Containing magical energy is fine, but have you considered releasing it?”

“But I don't even understand how it works,” Twilight confessed.

“But you'd like to,” said Cinch. “And since our opponents have already used it to stay competitive, I see no reason why we shouldn't do the same. Unless, of course, you have no interest in Everton.”

“Okay,” said Twilight in a defeated manner. Twilight finished preparing her deck and walked over to the designated dueling spot. She began opening her device when Celestia spoke up.

“Twilight no!” called Spike as he rushed over to her.

“Now, start the duel!” said Celestia.

Twilight’s device had already opened up completely and released all the stolen magic in a giant orb. It began to drag her in and she couldn’t pull away. "Heeeeeeeeeelllllllp...meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” said cried.

“Twilight!” called Shining Armor. He immediately ran toward his sister and jumped up. But it was too late, the energy completely engulfed her, it then turned black and exploded. Twilight’s uniform was replaced by evil sorceress-like clothes, her hair then stood up in a flame-like style. She then sprouted large dark wings and a sharp horn on her forehead. When the flash faded, all the students saw was a floating, corrupted, evil counterpart of the student they once knew. Twilight began to laugh maniacally and looked at Sunset.

“You were right! I didn't understand magic before, but I do now!” Twilight then fired a blue beam at the CHS horse statue, causing it to explode. The explosion opened up a portal to another world.

“Equestria!” said Sunset.

A crack appeared in the ground as the border line between the human world and Equestria began to break. Twilight started firing magical blasts all over the place, opening many portals to the alternate world.

Cinch crept slowly backwards.

“Hey! Where are you going?!” demanded Sunny Flare.

“Anywhere to avoid that... monster!” replied Cinch. “And I suggest you do the same!”

“Twilight,” called Sunset. “You can't do this!”

“Why not?!” asked Twilight. “There's a whole other world right there, and it's just filled with magic!” Twilight then fired another blast at the Canterlot building which opened another portal.

“But you're destroying this world to get it!” cried Sunset.

“So what?!” said Twilight. “What do I care? Besides, there's more magic there, and I want it all!” Twilight shot another blast at the ground, causing it to shatter like glass. Below was Equestria and the crack lines continued to spread.

Some of the students from both schools began to fall through the void. In response, Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow all rushed over to help. Sunny Flare, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, and Sour Sweet all looked at each other and finally realized the need to help their fellow students and new friends.

Rarity was struggling to hold on to the eroding ground with two other students.

“Hang on!” called Rainbow.

“Obviously!” called Rarity. She was just about to lose her grip until Lemon and Indigo came over.

“We’ve got you!” called Indigo.

After all the students were back on solid ground, the teachers began to check them over. Then Rainbow, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack began to glow their signature colors, indicating their magic had returned.

Sunset saw all her friends glowing and finally realized the secret to their magical powers.

Sunset then looked at Twilight. “This isn't the way!” said Sunset. “I know you feel powerful, like you can have everything you want! I've been where you are, I've made the same mistake! I put on a crown and just like you, I was overwhelmed by the magic it contained! I thought it could get me everything I wanted!"

“Oh, you're wrong,” said Twilight. “Unlike you, I’m going to get everything I want!”

“No, you won't!" called Sunset. "Even with all that magic and power, you'll still be alone!”

“Big deal,” said Twilight. “I was always alone, what’s the difference?”

“I’m sorry you had to go through all that,” said Sunset. “But I can’t let you do this. Remember that final duel we were supposed to have?” Sunset raised her duel disk. “Come on, one last round!”

Twilight laughed hysterically. “You really think you can beat me?!”

Sunset didn’t flinch.

“Alright then,” said Twilight “I guess I’ll humor you.” Twilight lifted her left arm and a flame-like duel disk appeared. “These cards are useless.” Twilight threw her Prophecy deck into the wind.

Twilight’s action shocked Sunset and the rest of the students.

“Time for some new cards,” said Twilight. A new deck materialized in her duel disk, then the disk shuffled it. “Let’s get this over with!”

“You got it,” said Sunset

“Wait,” said a voice. Sunset looked over her shoulder and found Shining Armor with a card. “Here take this, it’ll help.”

Sunset looked at the card and her jaw dropped.

“It’s the prize card," whispered Shining. "I got it from Principal Celestia.”

“Thanks,” Sunset whispered back. Sunset put the card in deck and her disk shuffled it. “Let’s do this.”

Midnight Sparkle: LP 4000
Sunset Shimmer: LP 4000

Turn 1: Midnight Sparkle

“I’ll go first,” said Twilight. “First I’ll play the spell card Ancient Rules which lets me special summon a level five or higher normal monster. I choose, the one, the only, Dark Magician!”

Sunset and the other students couldn’t believe what they were seeing, a red Dark Magician with white hair.

“Now I’ll sacrifice him,” continued Twilight. “In order to special summon my Dark Eradicator Warlock!”

“Oh no,” said Sunset.

“I activate Magical Blast,” said Twilight. “This card inflicts 200 points of damage to you for every Spellcaster on my field. Plus every a normal spell card is activated, you lose 1000 life points!”

“Ah!” cried Sunset

Midnight Sparkle: LP 4000
Sunset: LP 2800

“Now I think I’ll activate another one, so that’s another 1200 points of damage,” said Twilight.

“Dang,” said Sunset.

Midnight Sparkle: LP 4000
Sunset: LP 1600

“Finally, I’ll play Hinotama!” said Twilight.

“What?!” asked Sunset.

Midnight Sparkle: LP 4000
Sunset: LP 100

“I end my turn,” said Twilight. “On my next turn, one of my Magical Blasts will come back to my hand, so you only have this one turn to defeat me. But don’t forget if you play a normal spell card, you’ll destroy yourself!”

Turn 2: Sunset Shimmer

“Oh boy,” said Sunset. Her hand contained Monster Reborn, Foolish Burial, Morphing Jar, Book of Taiyou, and Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys. “Hey goes nothing, I draw!” Sunset was afraid to look at her drawn card, but eventually her eyes slowly opened. “Yes! Okay Twilight, I activate Offerings to the doomed!”

“No!” yelled Twilight as her warlock was destroyed.

“Now the stage is set,” said Sunset. Suddenly, a bright shone from her pocket. She reached in and pulled out her Millennium item. “The Millennium Necklace.” Then Sunset was given a vision of the future. With new confidence, Sunset continued her turn. “I activate Foolish Burial which lets me send a monster from my deck to the graveyard. Then I’ll place one card face down and a monster in defense mode. Now I activate Monster Reborn to bring the monster I sent to my graveyard, Slifer the Sky Dragon!”

“WHAT?!” yelled Twilight in disbelief.

The heavens twisted and thunder roared as the mighty Egyptian God descended to earth.

“Very impressive,” said Twilight. “But with 2000 ATK points, it’s of no threat to me. So go ahead, proceed with your God card so I can end this.”

“Very well,” said Sunset. “I activate the Book of Taiyou to flip my face down monster face up, Morphing Jar!”

“What?!” asked Twilight

“You still don’t get it, do you Twilight?” asked Sunset. She was about to pick up her cards when her friend’s magic seemed to be drawn into Sunset’s deck. “True magic comes from honesty!” Sunset drew The Golden Apples. “Loyalty!” She drew Rainbow Dragon. “Laughter!” She drew Wonder Balloons. “Generosity!” She drew Gem Knight Garnet. “Kindness!” She drew Naturia Butterfly. “I understand you, Twilight, and I want to show you the most important magic of all.” Slifer began to glow with all the colors of the girls as his power increased. Some of the magic began to flow around Sunset, and her clothes were replaced by a beautiful, flowing white dress, she then sprouted glowing gold wings and a white horn on her head. “The Magic of Friendship!” Sunset used her new powers to close all the portals Twilight had made.

“No!” said Twilight. “You will not stop me!” She flew straight at Sunset but Slifer’s tail blocked her way.

“Slifer, attack!” ordered Sunset.

“Noooooooooooo!!!” screamed Twilight.

Midnight Sparkle: LP 0
Sunset: LP 100

Slifer’s image faded and was replaced by Sunset. She slowly hovered toward the confused dark being. “Take my hand, Twilight,” said Sunset. “Let me show you there's another way...just like someone once did for me.” The darkness in Twilight’s heart finally lifted and she took Sunset’s palm. Sunset’s magic then extinguished the evil in her and transformed both of them back to their normal selves.

“I am so sorry,” said Twilight. “I didn't mean for any of this to happen.”

“I know,” said Sunset. “And going by my own experiences, they'll forgive you.”

Spike then picked up Twilight’s glasses and jumped in her arms. Shining Armor then rushed over and hugged his sister.

Cinch then came out of hiding and marched angrily toward Celestia. “Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games Tournament! Clearly, it's obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!”

“I'd like to think that saving the world benefits us all,” replied Celestia with a sly grin.

“Hey!” said Sugarcoat. “They weren’t the ones who manipulated Twilight into releasing all that magic and turned her into a monster, you are! Just because you couldn’t handle defeat.”

“That's ridiculous!” said Cinch. “And watch your tone, young lady.”

“Nope, that’s pretty much what happened,” said Spike. Cinch then sneezed.

“Actually, we're all to blame,” said Sour Sweet. “But mostly it was her.”

“Obviously my students have been infected with your m-magic,” Cinch sneezed again. “And I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!”

“Good,” said Celestia. “I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing about the magical flying students.”

“And the portals to different dimensions,” added Luna.

“And don't forget the talking dog,” finished Cadence.

“Because that would never ruin your reputation,” said Spike.

“Or make them think you’re… crazy.” said Shining Armor.

Cinch was about to erupt with anger, but instead, she pulled on her jacket and walked away sneezing.

“Here,” said Rarity. “The girls and I picked up your cards.”

“Thank you,” said Twilight.

“Excuse me,” said Luna. “The TV crew will be here in ten minutes. We better pick a winner.”

“Here Twilight,” said Sunset. “You can have Slifer.”

“Oh no,” said Twilight. “You’ve the one who’s earned it, especially after everything I’ve done. As the representative duelist of Crystal Prep, I hereby forfeit the tournament. You win.”

The CHS students cheered.


As Sunset was getting interviewed, Twilight asked Cadence if she could Transfer to CHS.

“Are you sure, Twilight?” asked Cadence.

“Yes, I may know about a lot of things,” said Twilight. “But friendship isn't really one of them.”

“Well, you'd certainly be missed at Crystal Prep,” said Cadence. “But I think that's a great idea! I'll be sure to speak to Principal Celestia about it right away.”

Finally, Sunset’s interview was over and she walked over to her friends. “Did I miss anything?” she asked.

Celestia appeared behind the girls with Twilight. “It seems we have a new Wondercolt here at Canterlot High. I'm sure I can count on you girls to help her feel at home?”

“You sure can,” said Sunset.


Two days later, the girls were enjoying lunch in front of the Wondercolt statue when suddenly, Princess Twilight came through the portal.

“I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner!” said Twilight. “I didn't get your messages until just now because I was caught in this time travel loop and, honestly, it was the strangest thing that's ever happened to me!” When Twilight saw her human counterpart, her jaw dropped.

Comments ( 24 )

from the pic yo-gi-oh 5ds

Ok then. So, is the picture your own? If not, kindly credit the owner. It will be good to also mention the show/game/book/manga/etc that this story is having a crossover with in the description. Other than that, it's quite good :)

This was pretty fun. My only advice would have been to be just a little more detailed in the duels, like showing the life points more often or explaining a cards effect better, maybe provide a link to the card in the story, but I thought this was a fun little crossover.

6852659 Sorry, I thought everyone knew about the cards I used in this story.

Very nice! I know these cards', I hope your making another!

6853123
It's okay. I actually do know most of the cards that were used, but it's kind of just a suggestion to improve your work and more convenient for anyone who doesn't know the cards.

6852659 I fixed chapters 3, 4, and 5. Check em. Is that better?

6855033
Not a bad job. Good editing.

6855039 Thanks. I even added some links in chapter 4.

A decent story but needs a lot more editing and details.

6854088 I'm working on another. But give me time.

6903899 Thanks for the heads up, I fixed the problems. Spell world 2 is now part of the turbo duel and the Malefic monsters can be summon.

6914050 I'm glad I could help :twilightsmile:

6854088 My new story is up. It's called 'The Seal' here's the link. https://www.fimfiction.net/story/323708/the-seal

nicely done; also:

“I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner!” said Twilight. “I didn't get your messages until just now because I was caught in this time travel loop and, honestly, it was the strangest thing that's ever happened to me!” When Twilight saw her human counterpart, her jaw dropped.

:twilightsheepish: make that the SECOND strangest...

7463115 Glad you like it. :twilightsheepish::rainbowlaugh:

7509937 Just want to mention that he edited the speed world 2 after I told him that speed spells couldn't be activated without speed world and that a malefic monster needs a field spell

Comment posted by Shadow Kick deleted Oct 17th, 2016
Comment posted by Mr-Astounding deleted Oct 17th, 2016

7600381 I do want to do a fanfic and I ended up giving her an Ancient Gears deck.

It does not make sense that sci Twi has a spellbook deck cause she is science. Give her a science deck.

Login or register to comment