• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 2,680 Views, 80 Comments

A Long Broken World - Raikiry



What will happen when a full grown stallion experience a heartbreak and dissapears for three years and come back to the place where it all started.

  • ...
12
 80
 2,680

Chapter 6: Road to Sugar Cube Corner

Chapter 6: The Road to Sugarcube Corner
By: Raikiry

Blitz was heading to Sugarcube Corner. He knew it wasn’t that far, but for him it was like a five hour walk. He had too many things in his mind, like was it a good idea to come back?


He thought Rainbow was going to be happy to see him, but now he realize that she hated his guts now. In the corner of his eye, he notice that he was already in Ponyville and saw some of the ponies looking at him.


“Well, everypony from the village did come to the party,” Blitz thought for himself.


As he heard whispers from the ponies, he can tell what they were saying.


“Is that the stallion who was beat up by Rainbow and Applejack,” a random mare whispers.


“Yeah, he deserve it anyway,” one stallion whisper back


“No way he didn’t deserve it. Rainbow and Applejack should apologize to him. It wasn’t his fault,” the mare defended him.


As he kept hearing positive and negative whispers about him, not only did he felt more depressed, he felt more dead inside. Blitz kept walking and started to ignore the ponies. He finally made it to Sugarcube Corner.


He enters Sugarcube Corner and the first sight he see is Pinkie Pie making a bash of cupcakes, and a smile grew when she notice who entered the store.


“Blitz!” She ran and bear hugged him.


“Pinkie…Air,” he replies with what little oxygen he had.


“Oh sorry. Please have a seat. Your right on time too. I’m making fresh cupcakes. They’re not ready yet. I’ve just started making them.” She giggles.


Pinkie got Blitz to smile a little bit and he took Pinkie’s offer to sit down. Blitz was quite surprise when he saw the store, When he started to move to Ponyville, he never saw this store. He only knew that there were two ponies who were madly in love with each other when he came in.


“So are you okay?” Pinkie asked, getting Blitz to break his mind of thought.


“Oh…um OK, I guess. I was just surprised that this store was here, cause back when I moved here, this store wasn’t in Ponyville,” he said.


“Oh yeah. That’s because Mr. and Mrs. Cakes built this place when there were young. When I came in as a rookie in the shop, they told me that they had the same dream,” Pinkie said with a smile on her face.


“That’s it?” Blitz asked. “Building a baking shop and having a family?” That response made Blitz smile cause of his father’s story of how he met his mother.


“So Blitz, I’ve been meaning to ask. Are you married? I know your past, but when you left, you must have met somepony over in your college.” Pinkie asked.


“Married?” That word made Blitz’s head hurt. He was hearing a little ringing in his ear and a voice in his head. A familiar voice to be exact, but why couldn’t he remember. Why is he hearing a voice in his head?


“Blitz?” Pinkie’s voice brought him back to reality and was looking at her, and by her look she was worried of the expression he was having.


“Um…No. I’m not married. I was too focus on my studies,” he replied with a little smile.


“Oh okay.” A ding was heard in the background of the kitchen “Oh, the cupcakes are done. I’ll be right back.” She dashes to the kitchen, leaving Blitz in the room.


“What was that just now. Why was I struggling to remember something,” he thought to himself.


“Hey Blitz. Can you come in the kitchen and help me?” Pinkie yells out.


“Um sure!” he yelled back and enters the kitchen to assist Pinkie.


At Sweet Apple Acres, Big Mac and Applejack was having an argument in the dining room cause of the actions of Applejack last night.
“Applejack, I thought you were better than that, almost killing Blitz while he just came back. I know he left and hurt both you and Rainbow, but that was just taking it too far.” Big Mac said.


“He had it coming. Rainbow was hurt badly when he was nowhere to be found, and we thought he was…” She stopped in mid sentence.


“Dead?” Big Mac finish her sentence.


“Yeah…”


“Applejack, aren’t you suppose to be the elements of honesty. All I heard now was that you’re the element of kicking somepony’s flank now.” Big Mac said.


“Big Brother!” Applejack slammed her hooves on the table, getting Big Mac attention of what she was about to say. “He hurt Rainbow more than he hurt me. When he disappeared, Rainbow didn’t wanted to come out from her cloud home for weeks. And you were there!.”


There was no response from Big Mac as he remembered that his friend was depressed cause of Blitz’s disappearance.


“Now what I did was out of line, I know. But I do know he deserve it cause he didn’t felt the pain that me and Rainbow was suffering.” She started walking to the stairs and looked at Big Mac with one more glare of sadness. “All I know is…he should have stayed dead,” she said.
As she was going to head upstairs, Big Mac called out to her, making her stop her in tracks.


“Little sister, I don’t know what pain you and Rainbow suffered. But I do know this. The pain of Blitz might have been more worst than yours,” Big Mac said while getting up and walking out of the house.




With no response, she headed to her room and closed the door behind her. She sat on her bed and notice an old photo from three years ago, It was Bolt and Applejack having a blast on the lake with her family. This was the time she never met Rainbow.

-------Three Years Ago----------------

“Oh come on Applejack. It’s not funny! Where you put my sunglasses? You know I hate it when the sun shine at my eyes,” Blitz said while looking in his bag.


“Well sugarcube, why are you accusing me that I took your sunglasses.” She giggle, holding in the lie.


“Cause I know you and your not good of lying,” Bolt said sticking out his tongue.


“He’s right AJ. Why not give him his glasses and come help me on this here tire rope for Apple Bloom to play on,” Big mac said pulling a rope with a tire.


“Oh alright. It’s by my bag,” Applejack said laughing softly and went galloping to help on Big Mac.


Blitz walks to Applejack’s bag and saw his sunglasses next to the sunscreen.
“Ah, much better,” he replied with satisfied tone.


He went towards Applejack and Big Mac and was looking at them putting up the tire rope.


“So, anything I can help?” Blitz asked.


“Well sugarcube, there is. Go check on Apple Bloom and Granny. They’re taking too long to get here,” Applejack said.


“On it!” Blitz saluted and walked towards the little wagon that was a few kilometers away from the lake.


As he was walking, Applejack giggles at his remark and continue helping her big brother. She saw Big Mac had a smug on her face and she tilt her head of confusion.


“What’s with that look?” she replies to her big brother.


“Oh nothing. Just wondering if you have a thing For Blitz,” Big Mac said, finishing the tire rope.


“WHAT!” Applejack was shocked at the remark. “Me and Blitz? No, no, no. He’s like a brother to me. And I also met him last year. He’s like family to me,” she replied with a hint of blush on her face.


“Mm,” Big Mac said.


“Come on big brother. Don’t tease me. I’m being honest. Really, he’s like a second brother I never had. And besides, Granny Smith and Apple Bloom said so too. He’s more like a family member than a friend. I mean he’s funny and handsome and…” She stop when she realize that last remark.


“Eeyep,” he said walking past by her little sister.


“Forget what I just said!” she said while her face was like wine red.


Blitz came back with Apple Bloom and Granny Smith, and then realize Applejack blushed and was confuse on what was going on.


“Um, is everything okay?” Blitz asked. “Applejack, your face is red. Do you have a fever or something?”


“Nope, I’m fine. Just……help out my brother while I put sunscreen on Apple Bloom,” she said while grabbing the sunblock from her bag.


“Okay?” He said confused and went towards Big Mac, seeing that he was preparing a picnic by the tree.


He walk towards Big Mac. “Hey Big Mac,” Blitz said. “Applejack asked if you needed any help on anything.”


“Heh, she did? Well there’s nothing to help partner. Everything is prepared.


“Well?”


“Come on everypony. A family photo!” Granny Smith yelled getting the attention of Blitz and Big Mac.


As the two stallions smile and went towards the family, everypony was getting ready for the group photo. Except Blitz, who was standing on the sidelines.


“Well, what are you waiting for sunny? We can’t have the family photo with out you,” Granny smith said.


“What?” He was surprise by her response.


“Yeah Blitz. Come on. You’re part of the family now,” Apple Bloom said.


“Eeyep,” Big Mac replied.


Blitz looks at Applejack and saw a beautiful smile on her face. “They’re right partner. You’re part of family. And without you, there’s no family photo,” Applejack replied.


“Aww shucks. You’re gonna make me blush,” Blitz teased.


“Oh get in here you big Doof.” Applejack went and pulled Blitz to the group and headlock Blitz.


“Hey?!”


“You’re part of the family now, boy. And you’re like a little brother I never had.” Applejack laughed.


“Now say apples!” Granny smith yells.


“APPLES!” The photo was taken and it shows the whole Apple family and Blitz in the photo.


Blitz looked at the photo and smiled at the picture, hoping he can get a copy of the picture.


“Now last one in the lake is a rotten pony!” Applejack yelled while galloping towards the lake.


“Oh no. I’m not going to lose to you again!” Blitz said while running after Applejack.
Laughter was heard in the family and the mare and the stallion who was running towards the lake was having a great time. Not just has friends, but as a family.

-------Present-------

A tear fell on the photo, and in Applejack’s eyes was falling tears of sadness, remembering the great memory that she made with Blitz. And now that she knows he’s not in the after life and is in Ponyville, she only feels anger and sadness in her heart.
“Why did you came back Blitz, you idiot.” She sobs and cover her face into the pillow.