• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 2,646 Views, 80 Comments

A Long Broken World - Raikiry



What will happen when a full grown stallion experience a heartbreak and dissapears for three years and come back to the place where it all started.

  • ...
12
 80
 2,646

Chapter 1: Childhood Friend and Broken Stallion

[Chapter 1:The Childhood Friend and Heartbroken Stallion.
Written By Raikiry




Edited by: Trader_Jack




It was a normal day in Cloudsdale as everypony was going about their daily routine. All of a sudden, a chromatic blur shot across the sky.. Within mere seconds everypony in Cloudsdale had focused their attention on the rainbow colored filly.


“AWESOME! 10 SECONDS NEW, A WORLD RECORD,” said Rainbow Dash, who was congratulating herself as she soared over Cloudsdale. “Man I'm kinda thirsty,” Rainbow said as she landed on the clouds.


While she was walking to the nearest shop to buy a drink, she notices a pony that she did not recognize. She was interested in who it could be. She jumps into the nearest cloud silently making her way towards them. While she was hiding in the cloud, she sees a colt standing behind his parents and she couldn’t tell what they were talking about.


She knew the only way to hear their conversation is to sneak up closer, and an idea popped into Rainbow’s head. She flew up and sneaked up closer and hear their conversation.


“But mom, dad. I’m kinda nervous around this place and I had to abandon my friends in Manehattan,” the colt said.


“Nonsense son. You’ll make plenty of friends here. And besides, weren’t you being bullied over at our old home?” his father asks.


Momentarily the colt stood silent, before lowering his head and sighing in defeat. Back in Manehattan there were a couple of bullies who always called him names. But he does remember that he had good friends over there... Well sorta, since none of them were actually his friends.


“Listen honey, I didn’t like those so-called friends of yours that you used to hang out with. Their behavior towards you was unacceptable,” his mother said, putting on a warm smile for him.


While he was about to say something, he heard a scream above him and saw a filly crashing right in front of him. His parents and the little colt look at the filly that was supposedly listening to their conversation.


“Um… Hello, little filly. Can we help you with something?” the colts father said to the prismatic filly in front of him.


“Um...Yes I mean no,” she said, getting up from the floor and looking at the colt. She notices the colt has a black mane and white coat and red eyes. His cutie mark was a red thunderbolt, similar to Rainbow Dash. “Um… Welcome to Cloudsdale, the friendliest place known in all Equestria. Most of the time at least. My names Rainbow Dash. Nice to meet you,” she said to the new pegasi.


“Well um thank you Rainbow Dash. My name is Great White, and this is my wife, Saphire, and my son, Red Blitz. Son me and your mom will be inside the house organizing and tomorrow you can go back to school. you can make friends in no time. Well, I’ll leave you two to know each other your mother and I will be inside to go to far ok we don't know this place very well yet,” Blitz’s father said while Sapphire follows behind him.


Blitz was nervous around Rainbow. He didn’t know what to talk about because he just met the pony until Rainbow spoke and broke the silence.


“So do you like the Wonderbolts?” Rainbow asks.


“Who doesn’t! I’m their number one fan, and when I grow up, I want to be a Wonderbolts.” Blitz enthusiastically proclaimed.


“Well, tough luck kid. I’m going to be in The Wonderbolts and I’m their number one fan.” Rainbow said proudly.


A smirk came across Blitz’s face, he thought about something to see if she wasn’t kidding that she was more than a fan then him. Few hours have past and Blitz and Rainbow were talking nonstop about the Wonderbolts and debating why Spitfire was the fastest on the team.


Moments later Sapphire walked in“Blitz honey, it’s late. Say goodbye to Rainbow. It’s time for dinner.” Sapphire said, to which Blitz responded that he was coming.


“Well, it was fun to get to know you, Rainbow. Maybe we should race against each other some time,” Blitz said.


“Heh, you’re so on! Well, I’ll catch you tomorrow Blitz.” With that she waved goodbye, flying off into the distance.
Blitz smiled as he knew he couldn’t wait for tomorrow to see her and hang out again. His name was called again. He turns around and runs inside the house while he took one final look outside where Rainbow disappeared. He was happy that he made a new best friend.


Five years have past and Blitz moved to Ponyville, when he was old enough and can afford a house. His parents still lived in Cloudsdale. Blitz got a job in Ponyville on the weather team and he also wasn’t alone in Ponyville. Rainbow Dash also moved to Ponyville to hang around and train so she can become a Wonderbolt. Blitz also has deep feelings for Rainbow but she didn’t notice it.


Blitz sighs and wonders when he can tell Rainbow his feelings about her. He opened his eyes and quickly pushed aside his thoughts realizing that he was on top of the mountain in Ponyville. With his wings tied up, he was in the sled with Rainbow floating next to him.


“Okay Skittles, why am I here again?” Blitz said as he looks to the end of the mountain.
“First, don’t call me that. And second, because you lost the hay-eating contest. Like always, I was victorious.” Rainbow said with a smirk on her face.


“Almost always Rainbow, remember we are still matched in speed.” Blitz said, remembering that him and Rainbow race against each other, but always comes to a draw.
'
“Yeah, yeah. Like I said, I was letting us tie so you wouldn’t feel bad. But enough chit chat. Are we doing it or you going to chicken out?” Rainbow said.


“Alright, alright,” Blitz said,pushing his sled down the mountain, quickly gaining speed. He panicked as he realized he couldn’t stop the sled as it raced towards Ponyville. “Ah crap basket, why didn’t I think to put a brake on this?” he thought to himself as he crashed into a nearby shop.


Blitz was on the floor space and saw birds flying around him. As he recovers his consciousness, he notices a dying Rainbow Dash on the floor because she couldn’t hold her laugh.


“Yeah, yeah, laugh it up,” Blitz said while walking towards Rainbow Dash.


“Man…you should have seen your face. Priceless,” Rainbow said, quickly recoveringand getting up off the floor.


“Well, at least that’s out of the way. What’s next on the agenda?” Blitz said, looking at his best friend.


Rainbow was about to say something but then she caught somepony walk by and was looking at the pony. Blitz was confused. He waved his hooves in her face, snapping her out of it to see if she can come back down to Equestria.


As Rainbow snapped out of it, she bit her lip and said to Blitz, “Hey dude. Let’s catch up later. I kinda forgot to do something.” With that said, she flies up, always disappearing in the sky.


Blitz didn’t mind Rainbow leaving, instead he wondered why was she acting so weird. He ignored it and went to walk around the little town of Ponyville. Hours past and it was getting dark. Blitz was lying around in the park of Ponyville until he heard a voice coming near by.


He notices a pony with a rainbow mane disappearing in a nearby tree. He went to investigate if he saw Rainbow Dash. He was right. It was Rainbow Dash. He was about to yell her name before he noticed an orange pony, their head adorned with a stetson. Quickly he ducked behind the nearest tree.. He remembers it was Applejack. She introduced herself to him when he first came to Ponyville. He listened closely as they began to talk..


“You see, we been friends for a long time, I kind of develop feelings towards you,” Rainbow said to Applejack.


“Aw that sweet Rainbow, but what about your friend Blitz. He kinda has a thing for you.” Applejack said to Rainbow.


“Who Blitz? Nah I like him as a brother. Nothing more. And besides, he doesn’t like me. He thinks of me as a si-” Rainbow was interrupted when she felt lips connect with hers and notice Applejack is kissing her. She gladly kissed back. He deliberately stepped on a twig to catch their attention..


Rainbow saw Blitz standing behind the tree hearing everything. Blitz was speechless of what he just witness, his crush kissing some other pony. He felt his heart broken. He felt nothing inside but just pain. With no words he just walked away from them, getting Rainbow to stand up and call his name. But he didn’t pay attention. He just kept walking.
“Ah, man,” Rainbow said.


“Shouldn’t you go after him?” Applejack said to Rainbow.


“Nah. I’ll talk to him tomorrow,” Rainbow said sitting next to Applejack “Beside his like a brother to me. I bet he’s so proud of me he wanted us to have some privacy.” Rainbow explained to Applejack.


“I don’t know Rainbow. I kinda think he’s hurt.” Applejack said eyeing Rainbow.


“Don’t worry. Look, I’ll go talk to him tomorrow and see if he’s okay.” Rainbow said with a smile on her face.


It was tomorrow afternoon and Rainbow was flying around in Ponyville looking for Blitz to see if he’s okay. Rainbow Dash grew worried about him. She couldn’t find him at his house where they usually meet up. Rainbow searched everywhere, Sugarcube Corner and the Ponyville town hall. Rainbow was now panicking. She couldn’t find her best friend. She landed at Sweet Apple Acres to see if Applejack noticed him around. But no luck, she hasn’t seen him today.


Rainbow flew up to the sky and yell for his name all over Ponyville. Now she was getting worried of the disappearance of her best friend. At the end of Ponyville, there was a sign saying ‘Thank you for visiting Ponyville, I hope you come back soon.’ Blitz was walking a long road out of Ponyville and looking where the road takes him. Right now he didn’t care about nothing. He felt a shattered heart inside him. Now he follows the road and where it takes him.


Three years later, a wagon pulls up to the Ponyville sign saying, ‘Welcome to Ponyville, I hope you enjoy your stay.’ The stallion looks up to the other stallion that was riding with him.


“Excuse me, sir, we’re here. Thank you for service and I hope we meet again. That will be twenty bits,” the stallion said while his customer paid for their ride.


“Thank you.” The stallion that got out of the wagon was Blitz he grew a bit and appears in a normal state. As the wagon left, Blitz looked at Ponyville and a sigh came to his mouth.


“Well, I’m back home, I guess. Let’s hope it can be different than last time,” Blitz said walking towards the Ponyville entrance.