• Published 19th Jan 2016
  • 1,131 Views, 12 Comments

A changeling in the beginning. - inum76



An alternate origin story on Fluttershy, as a Changeling.

  • ...
6
 12
 1,131

Chapter six: life with ponies.

Chapter six: life with ponies.

On the second outing for the day Triumph got another good look around as she sat on Star Chaser's back while he flew.

It was much as before. Lots of colorful winged ponies everywhere. Each of them seemed to be doing something, or flying to some destination unknown to her.

She felt safe on Chaser's back, and had a good view of the other ponies around her. They passed by what looked like two stallions yelling at each other. One of them green the other blue. The green one stood up on his back legs and knocked the other down with a buck from his front legs. The two after started brawling.

The blue one stumbled as he tried to gain a footing, then charged the green one. He hit the green one with a tackle, and they both went down this time.

The green one returned with a right hoof the the blue stallion's right side of his head, knocking him off from on top of the green one. This brawl continued for a bit, neither one letting up as Chaser and Stella got near.

Triumph did not know for what this was about. This is her first glimpse of the ponies here in some form of physical conflict with each other.

What she did not know is that these two are just friends horsing around. But violently enough to scare Triumph into thinking they are going to hurt each other, or someone else.

She is so taken with the action as something rather scary to see. She did not wish to see this, but could not turn away either. In her dismay over what she is witnessing, she did not happen to notice that neither one is actually getting hurt. At least not badly, aside from a few scuffs and light bruises.

Chaser knew them and what they are up to, but decided to stay clear of them anyway. As he veered away, Stella did the same.

After he felt Triumph hold on tighter as they passed, he also felt the need to tell Triumph of what she saw. "Don't worry Honey. They aren't fighting. At least they are not going to hurt each other. This is what some would call rough housing with friends. It is a kind of playing. Though this is not always the case. And if you do see such a thing going on, just stay away from them. Let them settle it on their own."

Triumph had no problem with that request.

Triumph felt she understood what he must have meant by ruff housing. Must be like fight training back with the clan. We don't fight to hurt each other, but to get good at fighting when we have to. Though some do get hurt just the same. I guess that is what they are doing. I have not done anything like that yet, and I don't want to.

She never did like seeing it. This was one thing she was glad of now at not being in the clan anymore. One day, she would have to take up such training. Now she felt she might have been given a chance to avoid it in her life, if she wished to. And she did wish to avoid it.

She felt the need to ask Chaser about this, just to be sure. And she asked with concern in her voice. "I have to fight train?"

Chaser was a bit taken off guard with her question. Fight train? Is she expecting to have to fight? This does seem all the more like her life was to prepare to be a soldier of some sort, after all. I am glad to be able to take her away from that. She sounds like she does not wish to do any fighting, but might have to if she was still with them.

He felt the need to ask her about it. "Did you have to do any fighting while with your clan?"

She shook her head. "No. Not yet."

Chaser didn’t think so. But with they way she moved during her game of Tag with Fluttershy,and knowing she was not being raised like pony foals are, he was not about to rule out anything by now.

He wished to reassure her that was not going to be her fate here with them. "What you saw those two doing was not any kind of fight training. They were just having some fun, and blowing off steam. We will never force you to do any fight training. So you can forget about ever having to do that. It is an option to do so, yes. But you don't have to. And not so long as you live with us."

She loosened her grip on Chaser, and snuggled to the back of his neck more. She felt relieved to hear this. I will never be forced to fight. I will not have to get hurt while having to prove myself to the my new clan. I mean family. He will not make me do that.

I am confused on what to think of my past clan. They are not bad. I know this. They took care of me. Gave me nice things to eat. Protected me. So why do I bad about them now? Do I want to be a changeling anymore? Not if living as a pony is so much better, or is it.

I not been so happy, but I not been so sad. I was told what to think, and what to learn. Now, I feel I did not know what life could be like. I thought serving the clan and Queen was all there is. This is very hard to think about. Did I do a good thing when I wandered away? I wish I knew.

She rested her head on Chaser. She was getting mentally exhausted while still thinking of such thoughts. As the day passed, it was taking its tole on her.

She lay like that for a bit, resting on Chaser, then she turned her head. She saw Fluttershy, her sister riding on Stella with a big smile on her face, near oblivious to any bad thoughts it seems to Triumph. Triumph could not help but smile too at this. At least if I did do a bad thing, I found something good.

The four traveled for a short distance after. They found themselves in a spot where many gathered. Some were staying at a cart or some other stand of items. Many of the others were exchanging yellow coins for those items. She remembered that these are the same coins Chaser gave to Patience earlier.

She heard the exchanges going on as she saw the coins and items passing from one to the other. She also repeatedly heard the word Bits being used in conjunction with a number. So that is what they are for. You get other things with them. But how do you get Bits?

She felt like asking Chaser. "How you get bits?"

Chaser reasoned that she might not have ever had to use currency before. He felt she might have been lucky in that. Her clan provided everything she needed. That I believe. She had no need to get a job, and pay for things. What she was told to do was her job, that is, when she got old enough to help provide, if she wasn't helping in some way already.

I guess that would all depend on what it is they may make her do at her age. The gathering of a few items I guess, might not be too big of a task for a foal like her.

That system of theirs might be better. There would not be a rich or poor among them, and they all share in the responsibility of helping to provide for everyone. At least those not put in charge of protecting the group, I wonder how they work that part out.

All in her clan shared equally I guess, no matter what task they did. But they all also have to had provided something as well. If you did not gather, I assume, you would be put to guard. In the case for those that guard, you learn to fight, and do that when needed. Or do they all fight? And the the ones on watch are only a lookout, and tell everyone when to attack, if they need to?

She said she did not do any fight training yet. This I think means in time she would have. If all of them do. Perhaps they trade places on who works and who watches. And everyone fights. Actually that does seem more than reasonable, I think.

I wonder what they do with those that can't provide, or not able to provide as much, or are just simply unwilling? Are they left to fend for themselves? I wonder.

I also wonder how many, if any do not like their lifestyle while living like that. I wonder if they had any defectors. For all I know, some could be living among us now, unknown to most of us, just like Triumph is.

I could ask her on some of these questions later I think. Though it might be an unpleasant subject for her though. Maybe I just better let her forget, if she can, and not bother her to much about her past. I will just answer her question.

They are at their first shop, and Stella is already picking out some new side bags for both her and Chaser. He talked as Stella picked them out, and paid for them. "We work for bits. Those that are selling things here, do so to get bits for what they have. But others like Stella and I have other jobs. We get paid by how long we work, while these ponies here get paid by how much they sell. If selling items is going good, they get paid a lot. If it is bad, they don't get much."

Triumph is unsure what he meant by selling things. Though as she watched what is going on. She reasoned it meant to give for the coins, as she saw this going on.

After Stella came over to Chaser with the new bags, the two foals had to get off for a moment, as the two adults fitted the bags to themselves. Each foal is sit back in place after, and ready to go again.

Chaser continued with his lesson for Triumph about the coins, as Stella did the shopping for them. "But Stella and I have what is called a steady job. We are paid, that is we get our bits from the capital of Equestria. We don't get them from other ponies, like those that sell things. At least not directly. It is done though what is called a tax. But that is another subject for some time later."

Triumph felt she might get confused again. She already has no idea what the capital of Equestria is, or a tax, as he called them. And Chaser already said he is not going to talk about tax yet. She did hear of Equestria before, and she knows that is where she is now.

She just let him continue while hoping she will understand more of it in time. "Stella and I mostly get paid the same no matter the job. Some days the work is easy, some days the work is hard. Like controlling or moving a storm as a hard one. We are what is called Storm Chasers. We typically break up storms that develop where they should not.

“Both Stella and I are very good at it. So we get paid well for it. We have to do that job regardless, or we don't get paid. But if the job is hard and we have to work longer to get it done, we do get paid more for it."

Triumph was already not liking the idea of working in a storm. She wished to know why they worked with something so big and scary. She was not sure how to ask, but she did try. "Why you break em up?"

He figured that she did not understand the main type of work that pegasi do. "Well, we change the weather to help out the conditions of the land we live in. Stella and I mostly work on breaking up storms in any areas that they can cause trouble. They can make a big mess of things if we don't."

Triumph was kept safe, and away from any storms back with her clan. After the storm was over, she got to see what it did to everything. She felt in awe that Stella and Chaser actually helped to stopped such a force for everyone here, before is did anything bad. Her eyes went wide while thinking about it.

By the look on Triumph, Chaser felt she may have the idea now, and continued his talk. "As you can imagine, it is very important work." Triumph just nodded. "That is why we have to find a sitter for you and Fluttershy. We can't take you with us on our jobs. We can if the work is light, but for us, most of the time it is not. We get a lot of vacation time for what we do though. So we get more free time with each other when we don't have to work."

Triumph wondered about that next word she did not know. "Va-k-shon?"

Chaser reminded himself that despite how smart she is and how well she can talk, she has a lot to learn about pony life in Equestria. He felt a vacation would be hard to explain to her. That is until she understands having a job better.

Seeing she asked, he told her what he could for now."Vacation time is time we get paid without having to work. It is time we get to relax without losing our pay for a day, week, or in our case, a month or two."

Triumph felt a little overwhelmed by all these explanations, but she took it all in as best she could. Time was not a thing she knew well, so weeks and months meant little to her. Also seeing she is only a few months old herself.

As Triumph watched Stella and others around her shopping, she is still more interested in these shiny bits being passed around. "I work for bits?"

Chaser nodded. "Yes, that is how it is done, but not till you are much older, not for many years yet."

Years, another word she has yet to learn well. Though she did hear of it. She did tell Stella that she was told she is less than a year old. She did not know what that meant herself, she only knew it had something to do with time, a long time to her.

Chaser finished his last piece as she rolled what he is saying in her mind. "Till then, Stella and I will take care of what you need. And what you may want." She wondered what she could want other than time to play with her sister, and the food she is already given.

Triumph felt uneasy about having to work for bits one day. She saw storms before, she did not like the idea of being in one. She felt she might have to do what Stella and Chaser does one day, seeing that is what they do. She asked with worry "Do I work in storms?"

Chaser chuckled. "No sweetie. Only some of us do that. And it is not for everyone. I don't recommend it either."

Triumph felt glad to not have to do that task. I don't have to fight. I don't have to go into storms like he does. "What do I do?"

Chaser sighed. "That is something you must discover on your own. We learn to find out what we are good at, and then that is what we do for bits. We each find our own way, but we are not alone in doing so."

He knows this is not altogether true, and told her. "Well, most of us. Not all of us are so lucky to live with others who help, or know what to do in life. That is one of the sad things about having the freedom we have. Not all know what to do with it, or know what they maybe good at."

This gave Triumph more confusion as to how she thought of her past while living with her clan. I have to choose what I do here? I just don't get told what to do, like I did with my clan? And some ponies live alone? Might I have to live alone some day too?

This is so hard. I like these ponies. But living like this? Why? Why do any do it? Why are they all not told what to do? And why not live in one big group, and all help each other? Is that not better?

Her understanding of pony life grew. Just like living with her past clan, some of it was very good, some of it hard and bad.

Having to make such new choices for herself concerned her. Finding herself alone, concerned her even more. I get to live more fee with the ponies, but I have to make may way. The choice is not given to me. And I could fail. If I do, then what?

She wished to stop talking about all of this, it was depressing her. She asked no more questions. She felt this was something she might not have to worry about for a long time anyway, not for a few years, just a Chaser told her.

She rested against him some more, and tried to relax. It did not take long before she did. She reminded herself that she does have all three of them to help her find her way, just as Chaser keeps telling her.

Time passed as she watched in silence as Stella and Chaser worked the shops together, now that Chaser was no longer taking to her. The two packed away the goods they felt they needed.

Formula for Fluttershy was top on the list. She saw them get so many things she never saw before. Much if it looked like food to her.

She did not bother to ask about each one. She was more interested in watching the exchanges going on around her.

She heard some complaining going on in some areas. An irate pony was yelling at vender owner in one area. " This is outrageous! This is gouging of the price! Pure and simple. It was not this much yesterday! And you knew I wanted to buy it today!"

She heard a lot of "Thank you, come again!" in many other places. And some pleased faces, as others were enjoying their shopping.

She caught a young colt yelling, "Mom I want that one, I don't heave her yet!" As he was pointing at a collection of small ponies fully covered in Blue and yellow, up on a stand.

Two Stallions gabbing to one side grabbed her attention, as one of them said, "I'll buy that for a bit." Then the two laughed after. She could not see why. Neither one was near a vender, nor buying anything.

With so much commotion going on, it was hard for her to focus on just one event, before something else happened that caught her attention next.

She felt glad to be sitting on Chaser. She got an eyeful of how some of these ponies are to one another. Some of it still confusing to her, and other events shown her not all of them are near as nice as the ones she is with now.

Though she also saw that Chaser was right. Most of them did look happy enough, and was nice to each other.

She did not know what to make of everything going on, right away. There was so much to her, and what she thought is missing is order, even though she did not have the word for it yet. It made her head spin to think on how different they all are here, and this abundant diversity is making her feel lost once more.

She had to ask herself again, How do they live like this? How do they know what to be doing? They are just, everywhere, and I can't follow what is going on, or what to be doing.

If she knew the right words to describe how she felt on what she saw going on, she would say, this is all chaos. Can I live like this with them? I am not sure I want to be a part of this. Do I have a choice?

She marveled at the spectacle of so many ponies, all of different colors, shapes, sizes, and ages, each doing their own thing. It to her is both wondrous, and frightening at the same time.

The actions of some worried her, as well as pleased her, while she watched. She worried most on if she could make herself fit in with them.

After seeing what she did see, she was not sure if she wanted to try and fit in. This disorder made her very uneasy. It was not like her clan at all.

She felt more small now than ever. She is so glad to be with who found her, and not with some of the others she did not feel comfortable even looking at, due to their actions.

By the time they got to the end of the venders, Stella stated to Chaser, "Apple pies. Fresh Apple pies! I almost forgot. Chaser, You head down and ask the Apples if they have any." Chaser rolled his eyes to this statement. "I know, bad assumption. But they could be out just the same. It's near the end of the day. we got only but a few hours till it gets to dusk."

She pointed in the direction of the ice cream shop. "I will go talk to Floater and tell him to expect us later today. We both head back home, drop off our goods, then head over to have a talk to Summer Breeze about the sitter job for the twins."

Chaser gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Got it. I will meet you at home, and find from you what Floater has to say."

He suddenly dropped through the cloud flooring. This made Triumph tense up, and hold on tighter.

Chaser felt this and opened his wings as he leaned forward. If she was not with him, he would have just let himself drop faster, before opening his wings. The air took hold, and he glided more slowly now.

He knew that he startled her by his sudden drop. "Sorry about that Sweetie. I should have told you first I was going to do that. But no worries. See, we are safe."

Triumph looked about. The land was far below. They were still getting to it quickly, but more steady. This made her feel fine now.

~~~~~~

Stella looked back to Fluttershy. "Looks like it's just us for now hun. Let's go say hi to Floater, shell we?"

Fluttershy remembered Floater. She smiled and gave out a big "Yay!"

Stella felt all set to take off. She looked about to see if it was safe then leaped forward as the air caught her wings. She sailed for a bit before making a wide turn to head in the direction of the ice cream shop.

Stella loved to fly. No stuffy office job for her. A stay at home mom, maybe. So long as she could go flying with her young.

Stella found Fluttershy did not like to fly on her own yet. Foals of her age did fly, but not her. Stella noticed Triumph did not seem interested in flying either. How odd. She is smart, so it's not like she can't learn how. That is I am sure she could. She seems to be timid about situations though.

What am I talking about? Of course she seems that way. She has been through a lot, today alone. I would be panicked out of my bloody mind at her age. That is, if I knew what was going on as she does.

Stella's thoughts came to a halt as she came near the ice cream shop entrance. She landed to enter. Not near as many ponies now. Only three waiting in line. Stella got in line quickly.

After a short wait she got to see Floater. None were in line after her, so he had the time to chat for a short bit. She would have to get home, feed Fluttershy again, wait for Chaser and Triumph and be ready to take off again. Though she did not want this to be a short hi and bye either.

Floater smiled to her. "Something tells me you are not here for the ice cream. Am I right?"

Stella knew Floater is rather perceptive and watchful. To be as business savvy as he is, meant knowing what is going on, and what others may want. He could have made a business on something else, but the cold treat called to him as more of a passion than mere business.

Ice cream put smiles on the faces of others. And Floater is as warm and thoughtful about the happiness of others, as his treats are cold.

Stella amused herself on the fact Floater is right on. "No, sorry, I am not. Actually I am here to ask if Chaser and I can come over to chat for a bit later today.

The smile never left his face. "That sounds like a grand idea. We haven't had company over in a while. I am sure both Summer Breeze and Sprinkle Medley would love to see the twins. How early should we expect you?"

Stella though for a moment. "I have to Feed Fluttershy after putting a few things away. Wait for Chaser and Triumph. Possibly two hours from now should be good. Will that be okay?

Floater waved a hoof in the air in a dispatching gesture, then put it back down on the counter. "Not a problem. I close up shop in half an hour. None are coming in, so I might close in fifteen minutes. I will make sure Summer Breeze knows you are coming."

Stella nodded her head to him. "Thank you. Just to let you know, this will not be a normal visit."

Floater felt extra curious about that. "Oh' how so?"

Stella felt bad about leaving him in the dark about this. "Sorry, can't say. I will say, be prepared for some unusual news. Oh' And this visit is to be between us. I would appreciate it if no others were to be there tonight. Just you and Summer Breeze."

Floater felt this to be odd already. "Should we find a sitter for our little Sprinkles then?"

Stella leaned over to him. "Funny you should ask that very question. It has a bit to do with why we are coming over. To tell the truth, I am not to sure she should be there or not."

Stella paused for a moment to think. "No, don't bother with that. I think it will be okay if she is there. We will be bringing Fluttershy and Triumph along as is. And this will concern her as well."

Floater leaned back. "Well, you don't give me much to go on, but we will all be waiting for you just the same."

Stella nodded her head to him once more. "Thank you again. I got to go. Bee seeing you soon." She turned for the door. She waved to him before heading out.

Stella gathered herself then took off for home.

~~~~~~

Triumph observed the ground below. Such color. So much green. The land she came from was not this lush and green. Though it was not completely absent of some sparse vegetation. Partly why her clan gathered food elsewhere.

The two came to a farm. They were greeted by a green mare. One not exactly in her youth anymore. "Hello sunny. See you got yourself yer foal with ya today. Thought she was yeller though. Last I heard, her name is Fluttershy. Yes, a pretty yeller youngin with a pink main. This here is a pretty but red youngin with a pink main. Perhaps some were just messin with me. This one is yours, ain't she? Or you just a sittin for another"

Chaser could not tell whether to laugh or feel sorry for her. "No, Granny smith. None has been messin with you. She is mine though, and her name is Triumph. She is my other foal."

Granny Smith looked him in the eye. "What's that ya say? Seems yer the one messing with me here. I was told ya only had one foal. And that's Fluttershy. I'm not so old to not remember a fillies name. Ya hear!"

Chaser felt on the spot. He stepped back a bit. "No! No, Granny Smith. You heard right.”

He straightened himself. “I'm not lying. See, we had two, but one we though did not make it. So we told everyone we had only one foal.

See, Patience informed us today Triumph pulled though when we thought she was dead. Patience had been taking care of her this whole time for us, but we didn’t know this till now. We just got her back today.

“We are actually going to be celebrating with a little family picnic early tomorrow. That's what I came here for. To get a fresh Pie."

Granny Smith smiled after giving him some more space. "Well, why didn't ya say so. Sorry though, all out. Gonna make a fresh batch tomorrow. Why don't ya come on back down before ya take off for that picnic of yours? You get one fresher then, anyways."

Chaser nodded to her. "Thank you Granny Smith. Yes, I will be back tomorrow then."

Granny Smith taped him before he took off. "Be sure ya do. And bring both yer youngins with ya. The Apples have a new filly in the family. Told her about Fluttershy. Not that I think she understood quite yet.

"You come down here enough for our apples. Thought the two could see each other some day. Her name is Applejack. Some just call her AJ for short. And that Triumph of yours, looks just as red as AJ's older brother. Big Mack. Actually, she is the very same shade of read as you. Guess it runs in the family. See you tomorrow, and don't ya forget."

He replied with a smile. "I won't Granny Smith. Oh' I will take some apples before I go."

She pointed him to a small bag of them. He past her some bits. With that, Chaser took off with a bag of apples added to his cargo.

Triumph was so focused on the green mare Chaser was talking to, she didn't continue to get a good look at the land around her.

She did not notice just how full of life it is in this area. The abundant plants, birds, and small critters running around. And the animals that can be found on the farm. She would have enjoyed all of that, if she paid more attention to the rest of her surroundings.

~~~~~~

Stella made it home again. Stella set Fluttershy down in the mane room to play. She went about putting things away. She also mixed a batch of formula for Fluttershy to warm.

She got everything put away and was ready to sit down with Fluttershy when Chaser came in with Triumph on his back.

Stella greeted both of them. "How was your trip?"

Chaser chuckled. "Granny Smith was full of questions as usual. I didn't get a pie yet. They were all out like you said they might. I did get a bag of apples though. Granny Smith suggested I head back down in the morning for a fresh pie.

“She also suggested I bring along both our foals, to meet their new foal, Applejack. I don't think it would hurt to do that.

“Apparently the Apples were on a outing and was not there. Just Granny Smith."

Stella gave him a kiss. "No, it would not hurt to see them tomorrow. But I was hoping for just a nice quiet outing of our own tomorrow. Just the four of us. We can visit with them another day. Besides we still have Floater and Summer Breeze to see in a little over an hour.

“I think I will be done with visiting for a while after that. This day has been a big stress for Triumph I am sure, and I will be glad when it is over. I think both her and I could do with some down time from others tomorrow. What do you think Triumph?"

Triumph nodded while not fully understanding down time.

After all that she took in today, she did like the idea of spending some quiet time with just the three she is with now. That much she did understand.

Stella looked back to Chaser. "See. You will have to give our regards to Granny Smith when you get the pie."

Chaser walked into the kitchen. "OK. I will go there alone then. You're right. It is not good to push things too fast too soon. You do remember I got a good jolt from a storm cloud last week because I wasn't careful, and rushed in at a bad time. I was off duty, but I was there and wished to help just the same. My luck wasn't with me then though. I think I am still feeling the buzz from that."

Chaser set himself to putting the items away he was carrying after setting Triumph down. Triumph joined Fluttershy in the main room. Stella sat and called for Fluttershy to come to her. Both foals came. Stella gave this some thought. I wonder if Triumph would like the taste of this. Fluttershy Likes it enough. But I only made enough for her. I would not want to be feeding Fluttershy in front of Triumph if she is hungry as well. And I am sure she is.

She called out to Chaser. "Honey! Can you bring an apple for Triumph. I am sure she is hungry by now."

Chaser answered, "Sure thing." He came out with an apple in hoof. He set it down for Triumph to take. "Here you go sweetie." He returned to the kitchen.

Triumph took the apple and took a bite. It was more sweet then she remembered any to be that she was given before. Wow! This apple is real good! No need for honey with this. I am going to like these apples even more. She finished it with gusto. She felt so happy and glad that the food is this good here.

Not long after, Stella was done feeding Fluttershy. Fluttershy was set down to play, while Stella and Chaser grabbed a bite to eat themselves.

Fluttershy has a toy box off to the side in the main room. She got into it and laid a few things out. There was a stuffed pony as well as a stuffed butterfly. And a few other assorted stuffed toys. A batch of wooden blocks. Some coloring books, blank paper, and some crayons. She favors the big bunny that was already out. But she thought her new sister would like to see what they both have.

Stella and Chaser would have gotten her more, but mostly all she wanted was stuffed toys to squeeze. She rarely lost interest in them. Stella would call her a cuddle monster at times, and get her to chase her toys around as Stella moved them about, as she was doing earlier today.

Triumph though the stuffed toys were funny looking. She never played with such things before. She spent her time in the past playing with others, not toys. To sit and cuddle up to some soft thing for a time, seemed alien to her. Though she thought she would give it a try. Fluttershy seemed to enjoy it.

Seeing Fluttershy with the big stuffed bunny made Triumph wish to hold that one too. She sat down on the other side of it and put her hooves around it just as Fluttershy is doing. It is big enough for both of them to hold.

Triumph gave it a squeeze. To her surprise she though, this felt nice. A big billowy softness she could lose herself in. Her mind drifted and she held tight, as if holding it was the only thing holding her there in that space. No wonder Fluttershy likes these things.

With closed eyes, she held the same smile Fluttershy did.

Stella gave Chaser a nudge, then pointed at the other two on the floor with the big bunny. "Look at that. Did you ever see anything so cute in your life. I could just die from how cute that is."

Chaser chucked. "Yes, it's simply adorable." He tried to stifle a laugh while saying that. He did not want to disturb the scene he saw, but the whole situation was a little too comical for him to just sit still and be quiet. Not with Stella pointing it out as she was. Stella's comments was not making it any easier for him to watch, without at least snickering.

Stella leaned over to him more to talk to him quietly. "I have been watching them. Triumph seems to mimic Fluttershy. It's not just her copying what she sees Fluttershy doing. She mimics her even without looking at her. I think Triumph might have some sort of connection to Fluttershy. Or when she changed, she copied more than just her looks."

Chaser looked over at Stella. "I think you might be getting paranoid. You don't think she copied part of Fluttershy's mind do you?"

Stella hit him on the shoulder. "Don't give me that. I am not getting paranoid."

She quickly looked back at the other two and found them both looking right at her. Both with the same blank look, while still hugging the bunny.

Stella leans back over to Chaser. "That is enough to get one paranoid over. And maybe I am."

Chaser finally broke out laughing.

The two foals put down the bunny, and walked over in front of Chaser, in exactly the same way. Then they asked in unison, "What is funny daddy?"

Chasers jaw dropped. None had ever told Triumph to call him daddy before, not that he could remember. Only Fluttershy had ever done that, but not today. He leaned over to Stella and whispered, "OK, now that is creepy."

She shook his shoulder a little. "See. I told you. Make fun of me will you. I am not crazy. That is creepy. And I don't know why that is happening. I thought it was funny at first. And it is. But it is also down right weird too."

The two foals looked over to Stella now, with the same blank stare as before. They asked in unison, "Mom, what is weird?"

Stella shakes Chasers shoulder more. "See, they don't even know they are doing it."

Chaser got up. "OK, I think it is time we head out. Before we loose our minds. Yes, I think we could use some fresh air, or at least I could. Let's go for that last visit for the day, shall we?"

Stella got a little upset with him. "You are not going to say anything about this? You are just going to walk out?"

Chaser looked back to her. "No, I am not just walking out. The three of you are coming with, yes?" He picked up Triumph and sat her on his back. "What would you have me say anyway? That the two are more alike than we thought?"

Stella picked up Fluttershy and put her on her back. "I swear, at times I feel you have spent too much time with Kicker as a colt."

Chaser turned back around to head out the door. "No, Kicker would have given a comment to this, but you might not have liked it."

The two foals were still wondering what the two adults were talking about. They did not see anything strange, or upsetting going on, other than Stella hitting Chaser, and giving him a good shake on the shoulder.

The four of them headed out again. This time to see Floater, and Summer Breeze at their home. On their way, Triumph was still wondering what had gotten into Stella and Chaser. I am like Fluttershy now. Or I am trying to be. I thought they know this. Why are they acting strange about it now?

They approached a slightly larger home. Stella went to the the door first. She rang the bell. It was an old pull string bell. A light blue mare with a light brown main greeted them. "Oh' Welcome Stella and Star Chaser. Come on in. All of you.

Summer Breeze lead them to the mane room. Floater and Sprinkle Medley were already in there waiting.

Summer Breeze gestured to the other side of the room, where the two adults could sit. She assumed the two foals might just play on the floor with Medley.

Medley has out a ball she has been pushing and chasing around the room. She stopped as she saw the other two.

The two sat a short distance from her. Medley got excited as she said, “Play!” And she pushed the ball in their direction.

It rolled right up to Fluttershy. Triumph never played with a ball before, so she asked Fluttershy, “What is it we do?”

Fluttershy pulled the ball back with her as she moved away a bit. Then she pushed the ball to Triumph. Triumph stopped it after it got to her as Fluttershy did, but still did not know what to do next. So she just pushed it back to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy took the ball and shook her head. Triumph reasoned she did something wrong, but did not know what.

Fluttershy instead Pushed the ball to Medley and medley quickly pushed it to Triumph. Triumph watched this interaction and had an idea.

She pushed it back to Medley, who pushed it to Fluttershy. Fluttershy did not stop as she pushed it to her sister.

At this moment Triumph felt she is getting the idea. As the ball came to her she quickly returned it to Medley.

This started a game of pass between them as the adults talked.

Floater asked first, "So, to what do we owe this visit. Stella, you said something about a sitter, and something unusual you needed to tell us, but no other but us. Am I right?"

Stella nodded, "Yes, something like that. First I must ask before I say anything more, are you both willing to keep a secret?”

The two nodded, while both wishing to be trusted with some new news of some sort. They fully intended to keep what they may hear, on the low.

Stella felt they answered too quickly and wished to add more to this request, before they make up their minds about this. “Now this is not just a simple secret, like someone said something mean about another, or even something like a pony stole something from another. Nothing near that trivial. But a secret that might mean trouble for you if knowing. And a secret that could change the life of another for the better, if kept."

Floater thought about this as Summer felt she needed to know something right away. "How much trouble are you talking about? Would we be in danger or something?"

Chaser stepped in. "Possibly. I mean, are we not all in danger from one thing or another at times. This is about helping a life. Someone lost, and in need of help. And not just anyone, a foal. But not one like you ever saw before. One not of our lands, or skies. But still very much in need of help. Our help."

Stella gave him a nudge. “Chaser. Must you? We need to know what they think before we tell them all of that.”

Summer did not know what to say. Who ever this foal is he is talking about, he makes sound like he or she is in a desperate situation. She felt she would like to help, if she could.

The wheels in Floaters head was turning. He looked at the new young foal introduced to him today as Stella's and Chaser's foal. A foal he was told survived a near death at birth.

Then he thought of the reaction Stella had to what Chaser just said. "Correct me if I am wrong, but something tells me Triumph is not yours."

He looks back and forth between Stella and Chaser with his eyes, after asking.

The two kept quiet as Floater continued. "She looks a lot like Fluttershy. A twin. Identical, and yet not identical. Something odd about that. What I see is not impossible. It is rare for identical twins to be of a such a different color to each other, or have a different voice. Very rare for such twins."

Summer asked him, "What are you saying, that you think that red foal is the foal they are talking about?"

He shook his head slightly. "I am not saying anything yet, I am asking them to say it. Is it true?"

Stella and Chaser just looked at each other for a moment. Chaser answered. "Yes, She is the foal we are talking about. No, she is not ours. I found her as she was taken by a wyvern, intending to eat her. I got her away from it before it could fly off with her. And I took her home after. And we decided to keep her as our own."

Floater said in an uproar, "Oh' boy I am good! I was just guessing. Really! I didn't know."

This grabbed the attention of the foals at play. The ball went past Triumph as they all stopped to look at Floater.

Stella and Chaser went back to just looking at each other. They brought their attention on Summer as she spoke to them. "If that is what all this is about, a missing foal. I don't understand all the secrecy. You also said something about a possible danger. What kind of danger could we be in for from a foal? Who is she, if not yours?"

Stella decided to speak. "It is our understanding she comes from a far off land. Her kind is not like us. Not like us at all."

Chaser blurted out, "I'll say."

By now the foals felt the excitement around the adults was over. while medley has no idea what the conversation is about, Fluttershy had a little.

Fluttershy knew it has to do with her new sister, but not much else. She heard it all before. She is more interested in playing then to hear the adult talk about her sister over again. She felt she did not understand it all anyway, and it was going to be long and boring to her to just sit and listen again.

Fluttershy pointed to the ball that rolled away. “Ball!”

Triumph was pulled out of trying to listen in on the adults. She too knew it is about her, they are talking about. Fluttershy however has other plans, than to sit and listen, and Triumph now knows it.

Triumph did not wish to disappoint her sister, and went for the ball.

Triumph decided to mix it up a bit, by passing it to Fluttershy. She did so by tossing it rather than rolling it.

Fluttershy didn’t care that her sister made a change, and bounce-reflected the ball over to medley, who returned it to Triumph in kind.

They continued their altered game, but in reverse order. And each of them liked this new change in pace.

While this was going on Stella continued. "She also does not look like us. What you see is not an illusion, but a powerful spell she used to turn herself into what you see now. She was not a pony like us, but it seems now she is. The spell has turned her into a pony, it would seem."

Summer commented. "I think I get the idea on why you say this could be dangerous. If she can do magic like that as a foal, the others... Oh' my... Do you think they may come looking for her here? Are they that dangerous?"

Chaser and Stella nodded. Chaser continued. "We do indeed think her kind would be very dangerous for us to to contact. So we are not bringing her to them in person. And we don't wish to leave her off where I found her in hopes one of her kind will find her. One thing almost killed her already. I don't wish to leave her to that fate again.

"We don't think any of her kind will come here looking for her here. They may even stop looking all together if they are looking, by the end of today. But we can't say for sure, that is part of the danger. We also will never know if we are near one. Anypony out there could be one for all we know.

“I am not sure myself if any of them could be a threat. If there is any among us. This is the first time I have know of one. And if things are this quiet about them. Perhaps those around us mean no harm. But we can’t be sure of that either. That is if there are any others here.”

Floater got in on this. “So she can change form. But why did she, if you already saw her as she really is and you found her that way? That I don’t get. Did it just happen, or did she try to for some reason? Was she just showing off or something?

Chaser answered. “It just happened at first by accident, she did not mean to do it. It was her first time changing. She copied Fluttershy perfectly. After, she changed to what you see now. Just to seem a little different. She did it herself after to hide what she is from any others. Her kind, and ours. She is very smart for her age.

“As for the others like her, she feels they will not find her if she stays looking like us. They just will not know by looking at her alone. I also get the feeling she may not wish to go back. She seems undecided about that."

Floater had another question. "So why come to us?"

Stella answered that one. "You remembered me saying my visit had something to do with a sitter?"

Floater nodded.

Stella continued. "That is why we came to you. We need a sitter. We are working ponies. Both Chaser and I. We can't sit at home all day with our young. And we don't wish to have the risk of something happening to Triumph in a daycare.

“So what we are asking, is if you, Summer Breeze, would you look after Fluttershy and Triumph as our go to sitter? We need your help in this."

Summer Breeze though for a moment. "You said she does not look like us. Can we see? Can she change again? Or is she stuck this way?"

Chaser answered. "She controls the change herself. We saw her do it a few times, so I think she can do it again if we ask. Though you might not like what you see. I can tell you Patience the local pediatrician a real good friend to us has seen her, and liked her right away. But that is her. You might not feel the same. She is very different. Bit of a shock really. Still wish to see?"

Summer Breeze nodded.

Chaser called to Triumph to come over to them. Fluttershy came over as well. Sprinkle Medley went over to her father and mother to see that is going on.

Chaser sat Triumph in between him and Stella. Fluttershy stayed close to Triumph. Chaser spoke to Triumph softly. "Will you show these nice ponies what you really look like. Stella and I will be right here next to you."

Triumph nodded. She did not want to do this again. Not in front of more she did not know, but she did not wish to disappoint either.

Triumph looked over at Fluttershy sitting next to her as she looked excited. Fluttershy knew what was going to happen, and she wanted to see this neat trick again. She also wanted to see Triumph's big blue eyes she liked to look at so much.

Triumph saw this and felt much better about what she is being asked to do. She thought of Fluttershy looking at her like she is now, as Triumph worked her magic. Then a green glowing swirl of magic left her in her true form for all to see.

Summer Breeze just gasped, as Floater said, "Well, I'll be. Don't that just beat all."

Fluttershy got more excited as she yelled out, "Yay, Blue Eyes!" She forgot she was not supposed to use that name again.

The other three seeing this for the first time hardly noticed what Fluttershy had said as a name. Though it did bring their attention to Triumph's eye, as they looked over the rest of her.

Sprinkle Medley didn't say a thing. She had no idea what happened to the red pony. But she wished her to go back to normal. She didn't like this new look.

Chaser asked the other two adults, "Did you see enough?"

Floater turned to Summer as he tapped her on her back. "Honey, you good?" She nodded.

Chaser tuned back to Triumph. "You can go back to being a pony now. Thank you sweetie." He gave her a light kiss on her forehead before she changed again in another green swirl.

Chaser addressed the other two. "The more time she has spent with us as a pony, the less I feel, she likes to show her true self to others. She is getting shy about that. She likely will not ever change again unless Stella or I ask her too."

Stella asked again to Summer, "Will you help us? We need a sitter we feel we can trust."

Summer had to ask. "She is more to you than just some lost foal, isn't she? You care for her don't you?"

Stella picked Triumph up and held her to herself. She picked up Fluttershy next as well, and held them both to her. "Yes, all three of us care deeply for her.

“You must understand. I didn’t feel this way at first. But to know what she is like. She even gave up on going back home when Chaser was willing to take her back home, but she did not want him to get hurt doing so. So she refused to let him do that.

“We have seen a kindness to her. One we wish to have with us. I think she will be of a good influence for Fluttershy.

“There is more to it than that. It is like she came to us at just the right time. I actually wanted another foal, and now here she is. I think of her as my own now, even though she is not."

Summer nodded. "I thought so. Not so much on what she did, or what she is like, but how you feel about her. I could see it. So in a way, you were not lying when you said she is yours. At least, you do feel that way about her, and made her yours. I think I understand. Yes, I will help. I will watch her, both of them for you while you are away at work."

Summer had another thought and felt the need to ask, "She will not do anything else strange will she?"

Stella smiled, "No, she is very well behaved. Both her, and Fluttershy are. In time you will see they can be a lot alike, these two."

Chaser wanted to comment but didn't, as he snickered some to himself. He felt he would let them figure it out in time on there own.

After a moment as the rest looked at him, he remembered what Stella told him about leaving any surprises. So he decides to say something about it after all. "They, as Stella and I have observed, at times may act the same. I don't feel this is anything to worry about, but I thought you might wish to know. In case you did see anything like that going on. They are twins you know. Sort of. As you can see she did get her form by copying Fluttershy. With just a change in color now. Oh' and her voice." He smiled sheepishly.

Summer took note of this. "Any other surprises I should know about?"


Chaser rubbed the back of his head. "I am not sure of any other surprises you might see. She is like a unicorn, or alicorn as you saw. She has both wings and a horn, in her true form. And for that, she can do magic, like you just saw. We don't know what else she can do yet.

But if you do know anything about a young unicorn, and maybe not so much on a young alicorn, expect anything odd can happen. And we are not sure what. We only had her for less than a day. As we told you both, we are not entirely sure what she is. We have a name. Changeling, but it is not much to go on. We just don't know much about them either."

Floater commented. "No can't say I have heard that name before myself. Have you hun?" Summer just shook her head.

Stella put the other two down so they can go back to playing. Much to Fluttershy’s relief. She was getting bored with all of this talking again.

Stella addressed Summer and Floater after. "Well, please don't go asking around. We think it best if others don't go asking why you wish to know. We have reason to believe both the princess, Cadence, and Celestia knows of these changelings. But has not let the changelings be known to any of us.

"I don't know why not, other than that they might be dangerous as we think they could be. And for that, we don't want it to be known we are keeping one here with us. We don't want her taken from us if she is found out by anyone. not even our own.

This is why we wish you both to keep this a secret. We have no idea what would happen if news of her got out. We just want to keep her safe, and happy. To have a chance at a good life, one we can give her. That is all."

Summer and Floater observed the three little ones playing together. Sprinkle Medley has the ball as the three of them spent time passing it between them as they did earlier.

This time Triumph got the ball moving faster, wile she passed it to Medley first. And the other two went along with that.

Medley was really getting into it as it is going around the third time, all while trying to keep up with the pace Triumph is moving it.

The home was already made fairly child proof, and the three would not brake anything with the ball in this room. Sprinkle Medley gave the ball a good hit as it bounced and hit Chaser on the head. He just missed reflecting it as it came at him.

As he tried blocking it, it bounced off a hoof as it sailed over to Floater. Floater saw this coming and managed to block it himself. Floater was ready for this sort of thing to happen. Both him and Summer.

Sprinkle Medley giggled as she sprung into the air after the errant bouncing ball. She managed to get on the other side of it quickly, and knock it back to Fluttershy and Triumph. She did so as she said, "Sorry daddy." But she was a bit too enthusiastic and hit the ball a little too hard again.

The ball was moving wild now as Triumph went to block it from hitting Fluttershy at such a speed. She jumped in the way of the ball and knocked it aside just in time.

The four adults observed this action. Chaser felt glad it did not hurt either one, and though it was a good block. She is just as agile as ever.

Stella felt grateful that Triumph was willing to protect Fluttershy like this. Not that she felt this ball likely would have hurt Fluttershy, but it was the move Triumph made that let Stella know Triumph is looking out for her, and wished to protect her.

Stella thought more on this moment. This is wonderful that she feels the need to help and protect her sister out of harm's way. She did so without hesitation. I keep saying that I think this will work out. Perhaps far better than when I first thought. Yes, I truly think so.

Stella and the others observed Fluttershy giving Triumph a big hug. Fluttershy was actually scared for a moment that the ball might have hurt her and froze on the spot. Then Triumph moved in for her. Fluttershy was ever so happy to have her sister around.

Triumph was scared that the ball might hurt Fluttershy as well. As Stella thought, Triumph just reacted.

With Fluttershy's hooves around her and giving her a good squeeze, Triumph felt she finally did good for once this day.

The energetic ball lost its momentum as it settled in one corner of the room. Sprinkle Medley zoomed over to retrieve it. After she got to it, she looked back to Fluttershy and Triumph while feeling bad about what she did. "Sorry."

This got Triumph's attention. She did not even consider blaming Medley for what happened. This was just a game right? She looks sorry, and Fluttershy is okay. I guess everything is fine. I will let her know.

Triumph walked over to Medley after Fluttershy let go of her. All in the room is watching to see what she will do.

Medley was unsure what Triumph might do. She did remember that odd change Triumph did before. She hoped Triumph was not going to change again. She did not like it when Triumph looked scary. The thought if it was now making her a little nervous as Triumph came nearer to her.

Triumph approached quietly. Fluttershy ran right up next to her sister's side. They both stopped in front of Medley. The two could see Medley did not look well. Triumph smiled at her. Fluttershy blurted out, "Play!" She smiled after as well.

Medley felt like laughing. She felt so much better. Neither Fluttershy nor Triumph seemed upset with her. She just wished to go back to playing as well.

The three went back to passing the ball between them in a volley. Shortly after Medley was getting rough with the ball again as she bounced it off in another direction.

The three of them giggled together as they chased the ball around the room. They started a new game of chase the ball, all while trying to be the next to kick it off somewhere random. At this point it was just some fun of kicking the ball around to wherever it might go next. They played without care.

Stella reasoned this is how Medley plays while at home alone. She is energetic, I will give her that. Good. They will entertain one another as my two say here for the day with her. Chaser and I can do our jobs without worrying about them too much.

Stella's attention is averted back to the group of four adults, as Floater addressed Chaser. "So, Chaser, You owe me for that ice cream from this morning."

Both Stella and Chaser felt a little surprised that he suggested this, but also felt he was in his right. They did take his offer as they lied to him.

Those two were not the only ones surprised by Floater's words. Summer was more shocked than surprised though, as Summer got upset with him. "Floater. I can’t believe you. How can you say something like that? These two came here looking for help, and you are thinking of a little bit of lost ice cream! I am surprised at you. Apologize."

Floater just chuckled at her. "Honey! You didn't let me finish. I was going to say, that I feel we are even though. And what they did say was not entirely a lie either.

“I see she is their foal in a way. And she did have a near death experience she did survive today, at least. So their story earlier this morning was a little off. But seeing I did get to hear the truth of it all, I feel better about it. And for that! Chaser, you are off the hook... This time." He smiled again at Stella and Chaser, with a wink.

Stella, and Chaser just looked at each other while feeling foolish, and also feeling relieved that he is not upset about this morning. But they had a bemused look on their faces as if trying to reason the moment out, with each other.

Floater laughed out loud from watching the two. "Oh' come on. It was a joke, you two. But I did mean what I said. The two of you didn't entirely lie to me this morning. And I am still just as grateful to have helped put a smile on your two little one's faces. So tell me, this is what I really want to know, did Triumph like the ice cream?"

Stella and Chaser light chuckle for a moment.

Stella smiled back to him as Chaser did. Stella answered. "Yes she did. She liked it a lot. They both did. And Triumph could not help but mention it, even some time after on how much she liked it. Thank you for that. It made her day, for a while anyway. It's been quite the day for her."

Floater sat back some with his smile still plastered to his face. He enjoyed hearing this from Stella. "That is what I wanted to hear. I take pride in what I make, and can't help but wish to bring some joy to the little ones. At least I could give her that then."

Summer and Floater gave their full agreement, to help out. They both promised again not to breath a word of this to anyone.

Time past as the four adults talked some more about the day and other events.

Floater next talked about the discussion he saw Patience and Misty had in his shop. He said Misty looked so embarrassed after. But he thought it was rather romantic the way she talked about Kicker just the same.

He also said he could not wait to see their new foal. He was already expecting that they will have one, and hopefully soon.

Summer told him not to get too excited, that these things take time. The rest laughed about it.

In time, the three foals slowed in their play to the point of resting on the floor together. Stella felt this was their cue to leave. "I am so glad the two of you are being so understanding, and willing to help us. It means a lot to me. To all of us. Thank you both."

She moved to retrieve her two foals. "It is getting late, and I think it is a good idea to get back home and settle these two back to bed. I will contact you later Summer, as to when Chaser and I will be getting back to work. And that will be soon I think. In about a weak."

Chaser followed her to assist. Stella placed Triumph on Chaser's back, and Chaser placed Fluttershy on Stella's back. The two felt sleepy again, but was awake enough to hold on without much effort.

Stella walked back over to Summer, and Floater. "I can't thank the two of you enough."

Summer shook her head some. "It's alright dear. We understand. We are just glad you came to us. I know I feel glad you felt you could come to me for something like this. I am here to help. Now don't worry none, and you get your two bundles to bed."

Stella nodded. "Thank you again Summer. I will be going now." Stella turned for the door.

The two with foals waked to the door. They waved bye and walked out.

Stella was feeling this day was draining her emotionally, but had a good time this evening. She felt quite happy that was over though, and she felt ready for bed herself.

The two headed home as it already started to get dark during the twilight hours. It is right at dusk, and the fading light marking the end of the day, was making them all feel extra sleepy.

The flight home was uneventful as they made their way to the door. After getting in, a long rest was the next agenda for all four of them.

Stella and Chaser put their two foals back into the crib. After Chaser left the room, Stella went to a corner of the room for a mat to lay on while nursing Fluttershy.

She unrolled it and set it down. Next she got her foals down and on the floor as well.

She laid down on the mat as she considered something. She was about to call for Chaser to bring something in for Triumph to eat, but had another thought. I don't think I need to nurse Triumph. Not like Fluttershy. But she is a developing pony foal like one now as well. One who seems to have Fluttershy's body.

Should I be giving her formula during the day as well? I just don't know.

Fluttershy was getting anxious as Stella is in thought. Fluttershy moved in to start feeding.

Stella had no intention to stop her, but was still considering what to do about Triumph, as Fluttershy did as she wished.

Triumph sat and observed Fluttershy feeding like this. She did not know what to think herself. She did remember being told about this. She was not too sure herself what she should be doing herself.

Stella did not want this to become another mental debate. For either of them. She is my foal now, and Fluttershy's sister. I will treat her as my own, and give her what she may need.

She may not have been a pony before, but now I can't tell. And if she is like Fluttershy now, then she may need this as well as Fluttershy. And I will let her.

She gestured with a wave of her hoof for Triumph to join in with her sister. "It's okay. Come here. Just do as your sister is."

With a bit of hesitation, she stood up and came over as Stella told her. She moved herself beside Fluttershy and watched her more closely.

Triumph could feel that same feeling she liked coming form Fluttershy as Fluttershy suckled Happily. She wished now to do the same as her sister.

She pressed her lips to where she saw she should, and suckled just as she saw Fluttershy doing. What greeted her is a taste of something warm and smooth. Smooth as the ice cream she had earlier, but not as sweet. But to her it was just as pleasant, but in a different way.

Stella took a long deep breath as she felt the sensation of to foals nursing from her now. She let herself relax more as she let them feed together. It was definitely different for her then having just the one feeding as before.

She felt satisfied at providing for the two in this way. She felt more of a mother to Triumph now. Her new little foal to help make this family more complete in her eyes. She let herself enjoy the moment, just as her two little one are.

Shortly after the two changed positions to another teat, Chaser walked in. He gave Stella a warm loving smile as he moved over towards her head. "So you couldn't help but let Triumph join in? You look so beautiful my love. I love seeing you being motherly to our precious little ones."

Stella smiled warmly up to him in response. Chaser leaned his head down as the two shared a long, passionate, and undisturbed kiss.

Triumph could feel this. She took a short stop to watch them. There was so much love in the room from all three of them. She hoped moments like this would never end. She went back to feeding as she relished the strong emotions she could feel around her, and taste of Stella's milk she gets to share with her sister for her first time.

After Chaser parted from Stella, he leaned over to her left ear. "I just came in to let you know I will be waiting for you in our room, when you are ready. He left the room to leave them be again.

When the two sisters had their fill, Stella stood back up and looked around at a small book shelf for a book to read to her foals, before bedtime.

She eyed a book she thought might do for tonight. The book cover read, The Dusty Road to Whinny Town. A short children's adventure story, of two friends that find their way a town of fun and laughter.

She brought it over to her resting foals on the floor. She held the book out for them to see. "So, how's about a short story you two?"

Fluttershy was liking that idea. It is not her most favorite, but she did like it a lot just the same.

Triumph had something else on her mind though when asked. "I need to go."

Stella forgot that they had been out for a while. Both in shopping and their visit. And now had been feeding them. All of this took much time since they last left home to go shopping. I imagine they both must need to go.

Stella looked to Fluttershy who was visibly struggling, while waiting to have a story read to her. She wanted to hear the story, before any other interruptions. So she was doing her best to hold it.

Stella put the book aside. Fluttershy was a little disappointed at this, but Stella knew she needed to go as well. Stella also felt it is time Fluttershy learns to use the toilet.

Stella stood up again and addressed the two on the floor. "Okay you two. Time I think to use the potty first, before story time."

Chaser had already left the restroom as Stella was first going for the book. So it is free for Stella to let them use it.

She lead them in, then has a thought. If Triumph does not mind, I will ask her to help with some potty training for Fluttershy. Seems Triumph has it down on how to use it. Best if Fluttershy sees how one of her age uses it properly.

Stella saw the training seat was no longer in place. She put it back on and addressed Triumph on the issue. "Triumph, Fluttershy is still learning and has yet to use the potty as you have. Do you mind if she sees how you use it so she can learn from you? Would you have a problem with this? Or will you teach her how to use it?"

Triumph felt strange about the question. Not so much on what it is she is being asked, just at being asked at all. She was told by her clan that any kind of learning is important.

Aslo do to living in a mass community that shared everything openly, Triumph had little idea on the concept of privacy to anything. To her, everyone learned best by example, and any example was best learned by observation. So Triumph was confused by Stella's need to ask.

Within her clan, if she knew how to do something, she would have been just told to show what she knew. It's just what you do. So, being asked if she would, was new and strange to her.

She did remember feeling she was being bad at not telling both Stella and Chaser what she is when first asked. It went against her teachings, but it was only because she was scared of them at first. And that is why she did not say right away what she is, to them when asked. Not until Patience had figured it out.

Fear of them was part of what she was taught by her clan as well. She does not feel scared of them now. So this much for her has changed as she got to know them, throughout the day.

Triumph for the first time did start to feel odd at doing such as she is being asked in front of another. That feeling wormed its way into her mind. She never had a problem with it before. Not while with those in her clan. She did not understand why she would feel odd about it now.

She thought it out and decided that it was Stella's need to ask that confused her, and that made her feel as if there could be something wrong with it, and she may have a personal reason not to.

She decided, that is what made her feel odd about this request. It was the question itself. It made her wonder why she had a choice about it, and that for some reason, she might not wish to do what was asked of her.

She thought about it more and did not know why she might not wish to. So she set this new and unusual foreign feeling she felt aside, and focused on the importance of the question, as important as she felt it is. The importance of helping to teach family. And that is what Stella was asking of her now, to help teach family.

After this short mental deliberation of hers, Triumph nodded her head in agreement. "I will."

Stella was pleased that Triumph is willing to be helpful. She got the diaper off Triumph then set her down on the seat. She then addressed her other daughter. "Fluttershy I want you to see how she uses this. After, I want you to use it the same way. Understand?"

Fluttershy just nodded.

Stella gave her a nod as well. "Good, when you get use to using this more, you will no longer need a diaper, you will use this instead."

Fluttershy nodded again, then focused on Triumph as told.

Stella moved aside so Fluttershy could observe better. Stella told Fluttershy about the washing after pushing the lever, as she pointed to it.

Once Triumph was finished with it Fluttershy was placed on it next. Stella told her, "Now you will sit until you are done."

This took Fluttershy a little longer than Triumph. Again, just like Triumph on her first time using it, Fluttershy was surprised by the spray of water and the drying, even though she was told about it too.

Fluttershy is just as pleased about it after. She felt it was much better then to be stuck to a messy diaper till her mother could fix the situation. She put this thought to memory. She felt she will want to use this more, when she thinks about needing it.

After all was done and both back into their diapers, Stella lead them into the hallway. "Now I want the two of you to head back into the bedroom and wait for me there."

The two did as asked. Stella felt the need to go after waiting on Fluttershy. She returned to the bedroom herself to read them that story before bed.

Author's Note:

Last chapter Summer Breeze's name was set as Sunny Breeze, by mistake. It is fixed to what I wished it to be, and set to in this chapter.