• Published 16th Jan 2016
  • 4,601 Views, 189 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls - SonicAKG



As a result of trying to stop a Super Genesis Wave through the usage of Chaos Control by Super Sonic near the world of where the Rainbooms unleashed their magic to stop the Dazzlings, leads to the two worlds coming together. It ends up with Sonic, S

  • ...
38
 189
 4,601

Tails Doll

Tails Doll

Early in the morning in Canterlot, Tails had stepped outside of his house as he was prepared to head to school. As soon as he closed the door behind him, he noticed something at his feet. In front of him was a brown packaging box. He knelt down and picked it up with curiosity.

"A package for me?" He said out loud. Before he could check it, Tails heard a beeping soundcoming from his wrist, which made him turn to look at his watch as his eyes widened.

"Oh man. I better head to school or I'll be late. I'll open it there." He decided as he then left for school while carrying the package.


At Canterlot High, Tails entered through the hallway, which was full of students. Still holding the package, he then walked over to the CHS band room. He then opened it up to find the Rainbooms, Sonic, Manic, Knuckles and Silver as usual, who turned to see him enter.

"Yo, bro." Sonic greeted before he noticed the box he was carrying. "What's the package?"

"Beats me. I found it in front of my house this morning. I decided I'd open it here." Tails explained. As soon as he did, Pinkie eagerly came up to him with an excited look.

"Oooh, I just love surprises! Don't open it, I wanna guess what's inside first! Wait, actually do, the suspense is killing me! Wait, don't, I mean do, don't, do..." Pinkie said as started to go off on a tangent before AppleJack covered her mouth as Pinkie muffled.

"Just open it, partner." AppleJack told him.

Tails opened up the top of the box.First, he noticed a card, which indicated where it was from as he read it.

"It says it's from Cream and her mother." He said. "She's a friend of ours from New Mobotropolis."

Tails then reached in to pull out something that was contained in the box. As he did, he formed an unsure expression on his face as the others looked on with slightly appalled looks.

What was in the box was a doll of some kind. However, it appeared to be one of Tails and was somewhat raggedy with visible stitches everywhere. It had large emotionless eyes, no mouth, and it's most striking feature was a red gem on top of its head. Tails and the others just looked, not sure what to make of it.

"This is...um..." Tails began.

"Just what the heck is that? Is this some kind of joke?" Knuckles questioned.

"Could be." Tails said with a shrug as he still examined the doll. He then noticed it had a letter attached on it's back. He then took it off the doll and read it out loud.

'Dear Mr. Tails. While I was out in the city, my mother and I came across this doll that happened to look a lot like you. I figured you must have a fan and they didn't know you weren't currently in the city. I decided to send it to you as a favor to them. I hope you enjoy it. Sincerely, Cream.' Tails read out loud. "Huh."

"That's from a fan? Yeah right, I'm pretty sure they hate you if they made that."Manic stated.

"It's not that bad." Fluttershy said. "The doll is..."

"Creepy? Unsettling?" Silver suggested. Fluttershy couldn't really argue with him there.

"Well, whoever it's from, they don't know the first thing about sewing. The craftsmanship is awful." Rarity observed as she came up and examined the doll before she recoiled a bit.

"Hey, you know what they say, it's the thought that counts." Tails said before he looked back at the doll in an unsure manner.

"The gem on the top is a nice touch, though." Twilight added as she took a closer look at the jewel before she backed up a bit due to the doll's appearance."Though I'm not familiar with the type. It doesn't look like any of the gems I've studied before."

"So, what're you gonna do with it, bro?" Sonic asked.

Tails still eyed the doll. It was personally kind of creeping him out. Before he said anything, Pinkie interjected.

"You can't throw it away! One of the written rules about gifts is that no matter what a gift is, you can't toss!" Pinkie told him.

"And you know this from where?" Knuckles asked before Pinkie came to him with a large pink book that read '1001 do's and do not's of gifts." Knuckles was speechless as she brought it out of thin air but decided it was best not question Pinkie.

"I'm with Pinkie. Whoever made it, it looks like they went through a lot of trouble to make it for you. The least you can do is keep it around." Sunset suggested.

"I guess so. I'd hate to be rude after all." Tails started to agree.

"Rude, schmude. If you ask me, something isn't a gift if you can't play with it, eat it or watch it." Rainbow Dash said. "If I were you, I'd kick that doll as hard as I could. Just like I'm going to do today in the game this morning to any soccer balls that come my way. Speaking of which, I better get ready. See you all later."

Rainbow Dash then dashed out of the room, leaving everyone else behind. As soon as she did, the bell rang, which signified that the day had started. The group had started to leave as Tails was left behind, conflicted as he held the doll. Though as Pinkie did the 'I'm watching you motion' towards him as he sighed.


Later in the morning, most of the students were out on the bleachers. It was time for a soccer game between CHS's soccer team and Crystal Prep. During this time, Rainbow Dash was leading the CHS team as so far, the game was tied for the most part. As the next round started, Rainbow Dash dribbled the ball as she was headed towards Crystal Prep's goal. She had managed to avoid any incoming plays from the rival team and it seemed she would be able to make the shot. So far, so good.

However, unknown to anyone in the bleachers, while Tails was holding the doll, the gem on its head flickered a bit. A small surge of red electricity was sent down towards beneath the bleachers as it reached the ground and traversed across. The red energy was heading towards Rainbow Dash, who was just about to kick the soccer ball in the goal. The red electricity covered the ground she was underneath. As soon as Rainbow Dash's leg touched the ball, the ground below her suddenly exploded, much to her and everyone else's shock.

"Ahhhh!" Rainbow screamed as she was covered in debris from the ground as it violently overcame her. This resulted in her being sent sprawling across the ground for a while before she skidded to a stop.

"Rainbow Dash!" Sonic yelled as he and the rest of the group went to check in on her alongside her teammates, the referee, and the opposing team. They came to see her and her body was covered in cuts and bruises as she moaned in pain.

A while later, Rainbow Dash was being taken in on a stretcher by some doctors. It seemed as if during the event, she had badly sprained her ankle and had a slight concussion. She still slightly groaned as she was taken away while her friends looked on with concern.

"Y'all saw that right? I'm not the only one?" AppleJack asked a she turned to others.

"Of course not! The ground just suddenly exploded out of nowhere!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"But how? We're not on any fault lines and the earthquake just wouldn't strike a specific location without leaving everything else around it intact." Tails said as he put his hand on his chin.

"Was it magic going out of control or something? Or maybe she was running too fast and got excited, which made her magic give a sudden burst?"Silver suggested.

"I don't think so. I can feel Magic and I didn't sense anything around." Sunset debunked.

"Ok, so Rainbow gets attacked by a ground explosion and we don't anything about it. Swell." Sonic said as he crossed his arms.

"Once school's over, Tails and I will head over and examine the area to see if we can deduce anything." Twilight said as Tails nodded in agreement. As he did, the Tails Doll's gem did another spark, which no one else seemed to notice.


Later, it was lunchtime and most of the group was sitting at their table as they were having lunch. Tails then came in to join them, with the Tails Doll still in his hand. As he did, Knuckles noticed it and frowned.

"I get that you're trying to be courteous to whoever gave it to you, but can you at least put it away while we're eating. The doll creeps me out." Knuckles requested as Tails sat down.

'"Oh, sure thing." Tails agreed as he put the doll in his bag and zipped it up. Due to this, he didn't notice from the inside that the doll's gem gave a bit more electricity. The red surge spread from Tails's backpack to the ground and spread out across the entire lunchroom.

Rarity then reached to pick up her fork on the table. Before she could touch it, it suddenly floated in front of her, which made her lower her eyebrows.

"Oh, haha. Very funny, Silver." She said, much to his confusion.

"It's not me." Silver said, which made everyone else a bit taken aback at what happened. All eyes turned to Twilight, who shrugged.

"I'm not doing anything either. I have full control over my powers." Twilight reminded everyone.

"If it's not you two, then who i-" Manic began before he was violently taken out from his seat as he slipped from it as he crashed to the ground.

After this, all the utensils in the lunchroom began to float as they were surrounded by red electricity. The same thing happened to all the tables and chairs, much to the student's astonishment as they all looked around. They floated harmlessly for a while before they suddenly began to go out of control, as the students panicked and duck as tables and desk were thrown around the cafeteria. The utensils started to rain down as people ran.

'Eeeek!" Fluttershy shrieked as utensil headed towards her and the others, though Rarity made use of her diamond shield to protect themselves from the incoming blows.

It was like a total hurricane of objects as everyone came down to avoid being it.

"Ok, what now?!' Sonic yelled.

'I'm not sure! I'm still not feeling any traces of magic anywhere!"Sunset called back.

As the objects started to go out control. A surge of red electricity also reached the top of the ceiling. As it did, the top of the ceiling began to crumble and crack before it collapsed entirely. As it did, it revealed Shadow as he started to fall down towards the ground, though he landed on the floor with an irritated look.

"Ok, is this some kind of-"He started before Pinkie called out to him.

"Shadow, duck!" She yelled, making him turn to see a table coming straight him, which he narrowly avoided by ducking as he crouched on the ground alongside the others.

"We have to do something before this gets even more out of control!" Tails yelled.

"I have an idea. Twilight! " Silver said as he rose up, making Twilight do the same. "Just follow my lead."

Silver spread his arms out as did Twilight. The two of them closed their eyes and focused.

"Ok, now!" Silver said as he and Twilight stuck their hands out, putting all of the objects to a stop in green and purple glows. The two of them struggled a bit as it seemed there was some force which was moving against their powers. After a while, whatever seemed to be against them had given up as the two of them felt they could hold the objects with ease, which they all set down as the other students rose up from the ground.

"Anyone care to explain the cause of all of that?" Shadow demanded as he crossed his arms.

"We don't know either." AppleJack answered. "First, Rainbow Dash gets hurt and now everything in the cafeteria goes crazy out of nowhere. Somethin' really weird is goin' on around here."

"Maybe CHS's haunted?" Manic suggested.

"You don't think it is, do you?" Fluttershy said with fright at the idea.

"Nah, get real Manic." Knuckle said, which made Fluttershy relieved. " The ghost we've dealt with don't act like this and we can actually see them, remember?"

This addition caused Fluttershy to regain her fearful look as she gripped herself.

"Well, whatever's going on, Twilight and I are bound to find something after school." Tails said with determination as Twilight nodded in agreement.

Just then, the door to the cafeteria opened to reveal Principal Celestia. As soon as she saw the state of the cafeteria, she looked like she was about to pass out as she backed up in fright. Her eyes then landed on to the group.

"Uh, it's a long story." Sunset just answered as she rubbed the back of her head.

In Tail's backpack, the gem on the Tails Doll's head sparkled once more.


Later, it was the end of the day as students poured out of CHS. Instead of heading for the school's exit, Tails and Twilight went out to the field where Rainbow Dash was hurt. Twilight took out a handheld portable scanner as she went over the area to find energy signatures as Tails knelt down and closely examined the ground to see if there were any traces of what had caused the event after the two of them placed their backpacks down near the bleachers. So far, they hadn't had much luck.

"So, what do you think the cause of all this could be?" Twilight asked Tails.

"Well, we can cross magic off the list and I haven't seen anything like this before." Tails answered before he frowned. "And I can't seem to find any trace of what was responsible here. Nothing."

"And my readings are blank too." Twilight added.

As the two of them continued their work, from the inside of Tails' s backpack, the Tails Doll's jewel had another spark as red energy came off from it and outside. The bleachers then started to be covered in a red glow, throwing Tails and Twilight's bags to the ground and the doll was now partially exposed. The bleachers then rose and started to hover over an unsuspecting Tails and Twilight, who were still conducting research on the site. However, Tails noticed the large shadow coming over himself and Twilight, which he found odd before he turned around and gasped at the bleachers above.

"Twilight, out of the way!" Tails yelled as he tackled Twilight just as the bleachers came down to crush the two of them. Due to Tail's quick thinking, they were spared, though now the bleachers were now crooked and messed up as they covered the area where Tails and Twilight were doing research. Twilight looked in utter disbelief at what had just happened as Tails let out a deep breath.

"Ok, just what is going on?!" Twilight frantically shouted as she and Tails rose up.

"Whatever this is, we better find a way to deal with it and fast before someone gets really hurt. Tails said before he noticed that the bleachers had covered up their research area as he let out a defeated sigh. "Looks like that's it our investigation today."

The two of them then walked away from the wreckage as they went to take their bags on the other side. As they did, Tails noticed the Tails Doll coming out from his backpack. As he picked up his bag, he removed the doll from it as he looked at it and squinted.

"You know, Twilight, I'm starting to feel that something's off with this doll." Tails said as Twilight turned to him.

"The doll? Why do you say that?" She asked.

"Well, when you think about it, all this weird stuff has been happening ever since I got that." Tails brought up.

"What are you getting at? Like it's some kind of bad luck charm or something?" Twilight answered.

"With what we deal with, maybe." Tails said. "Anyway, for the time being, I'm not comfortable having this thing around. I'm going to get rid of it."

Tails picked up the Tails Doll and then threw it in a trash can nearby and closed the lid. He then walked back to Twilight as the two of them left CHS and headed home.


The next day in the morning, Tails had already woken up and was getting ready to head out as he had already gotten dress and brushed his teeth. He was making breakfast as he put two pieces of bread in the toaster and was waiting for them to pop out. As he did, he then heard a strange rattling noise coming from his left. He then turned to examine it and as he did, he saw a red gem was descending down from the window, much to his slight shock.

"That gem....it looks like.."Tails said before he shook his head. "No, that can't be. I threw the doll away yesterday."

Tails started to feel nervous. He wanted to believe he was just seeing things but another part of him was compelled to go outside and check. After feeling conflicted for a while, he let out a heavy sigh.

"I hope I'm wrong." He muttered as he headed for his door and walked outside.

Tails turned around to the back of his house and much to his relief, there was nothing there as he relaxed.

"Phew. Guess it all was just in my hea-"He started before he turned to his right to see the Tails Doll right on the floor, which made him utterly stumped.

"What? No, I threw this thing away in the trash yesterday." Tails said. "How did it get here? Is this a prank or something?"

Tails looked around but there was clearly no one else there, just him to face the doll. Tails looked at it and was really starting to feel even more unnerved.

"Objective: Finish Operation Deadly Cuddles." The doll suddenly announced in a monotone robotic voice, which left Tails speechless. The doll had just talked.

"What?!" He cried as the doll started to rise up and the gem on its head starting glowing red, which Tails recognized after he got over his disbelief at seeing the doll move.

"That glow...You were behind all of those things at school?!" Tails realized.

The doll then suddenly seemed to be growing larger and larger as Tails began to back up. As it was, it looked like it was going to burst as its form became unstable. During the process, it's body opened up, revealing red grid-like circuit under its exterior. The doll had now transformed into a large behemoth creature of some sort with many large tentacles like appendages and sharp teeth in the center. It' head was eyeless with a mouth containing the red gem as Tails looked on in horror at the monster before him.

"OBJECTIVE: DESTROY TAILS!" The monster yelled in a distorted voice.

"I should've have thrown this thing away from the start!" Tails screamed as the Tails Doll tried to smash him down with one of its tentacles.

Tails leaped out of the way to avoid the incoming smash as he sprawled over the floor and looked up to see the Tails Doll roar once more. It continued to try and smash him with its tentacles but he managed to avoid each of the strikes as they crashed to the ground. After the most recent one, Tails gave the monster a glare.

"Y-You're not so tough!" Tails said in an attempt to be brave, though he wished he believed what he was saying.

Tails clicked a button on his wrist as a red arm cannon enveloped his arm. He turned around and aimed it at the Tails Doll as he fired many yellow spheres of energy. Much to his dismay, they dissipated once they came in contact with the dolls hide.

"Ok, don't panic yet." Tails said as he backed up and the doll tried to crush him once more as Tails dodged it.

Tails kept rolling and shooting the Tails Doll but it had no effect. A few tentacles headed his way but Tails pressed another button on his wrist which made the cannon vanish and he pointed outward. Just as the tentacles were going to crush him, a giant hand flicked them away as the doll let out a shriek.

"Come on, there has to be a way for me to beat this thing."Tails said as he studied the doll. "Maybe those open circuits...no, a few of my shots already hit them. What else?..."

Suddenly a tentacle wrapped around Tails leg as he suddenly found himself being hung upside down and was dangling in front of the doll. It let out a loud roar as Tails was drawn towards it. He flailed in resistance before he noticed the open mouth on its stomach, which gave him an idea. As he got closer to it, Tails released a series of Dummy Ring Bombs, which exploded as they reached the chest mouth. This stunned the Tails Doll for a bit as it dropped Tails, giving him time to run and duck for cover behind a nearby tree. He looked back to see the doll recovering from his latest attack.

"That'll slow it down for a bit, but I have to find a better way to take it out commission." Tails said to himself. "Come on, I know there's a weak point."

Tails studied the Tails Doll from his distance as he looked over its entire body. He saw the doll yell out another a roar, exposing the gem on the top of its body, which made Tails hit a realization as his eyes widened.

"Of course, that gem is the key!" Tails said. "It allowed it to transform and cause everything, so disabling should defeat it. But how do I get myself close enough?"

Tails pondered this for a while before he sighed.

"I hope this works." He said as he emerged from his hiding spot.

"Hey, over here!" Tails yelled, getting the doll's attention as he waved his arms around.

"DESTROY TAILS." It yelled as the doll released tentacles to try and smash him.

Again, Tails was too quick for the dolls blow. He then began to run away but a tentacle ensnared his entire body. The doll then brought him towards above its mouth as it roared towards him as Tails flinched.

"Gotcha." Tails said with a smirk as his from his right hand, he dropped a yellow and gray flash grenade towards the mouth of the monster. The grenade came in contact with the gem in its mouth and exploded, releasing a large yellow explosion as Tails was dropped to the ground as the monster roared.

The explosion shattered the gem entirely as the Tails doll began to regress back into its normal form and fell to the ground, lifeless and smoldering. Tails walked up to it as he huffed and puffed and examined it. He then got his arm cannon and destroyed the doll with a charge shot.


Later, Tails arrived at the CHS band room to see all of his friends in there, even Rainbow Dash, who had some crutches. When they saw him, they noticed his unkempt hair, bruises, and lowered eyelids as they each rose up.

"Goodness, Tails, what happened to you?! You look awful!" Rarity noticed.

"Yeah, you look like you were in a fight or something. Are you all right?" Sunset wondered. commented as Tails walked into the room towards them.

"Well, I was. It turns out that doll I had was responsible for all of the crazy things happening." Tails explained. "It was using that red gem on its head to manipulate the surroundings."

"That makes sense." Twilight realized. "It explains why weren't able to find any leftover traces at the different scenes.

"But why are you so beat up then?"Manic asked before he formed a small smirk. "Don't tell me a doll beat you up?

Tails frowned due to Manic's remarks.

"For your information, that doll transformed into a giant monster and tried to kill me." Tails said. "I managed to stop it by destroying its gem."

"So it was that doll, eh? Figures, it was creeping me out."Knuckles said as he folded his arms.

"Where is it now anyway? If it's normal since you broke the gem, I'd like to kick it around for some payback." Rainbow Dash asked.

"It's gone for good. After I took down the ruby, I destroyed its body." Tails answered.

Suddenly, Pinkie came up to Tails and gripped his shoulders tightly.

"You got rid of the doll?! Didn't I say you should never get rid of a gift?!" She screamed as Tails gave her a bewildered look.

"What are you talking about?! It tried to kill us, remember?" Tails brought up as Pinkie let him go.

"Oh, right." She remembered.

"I'm just glad that awful thing is gone and won't hurt anyone anymore." Fluttershy expressed with relief.

"About that, do you have any idea of who sent it?" Silver questioned.

"It was Eggman of course." Tails said. "Though I have to admit, it's unfair. Sonic has Metal Sonic and I get that?!"

"Honestly Bro, I'd rather have some doll over Metal anyway." Sonic commented though that didn't make Tails feel any better.

"I've learned one thing. Next time I get a gift, I'll strike first to make sure nothing's funny." Tails stated, which made everyone else in the room chuckle or snicker at his comment.