• Published 16th Jan 2016
  • 4,607 Views, 189 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls - SonicAKG



As a result of trying to stop a Super Genesis Wave through the usage of Chaos Control by Super Sonic near the world of where the Rainbooms unleashed their magic to stop the Dazzlings, leads to the two worlds coming together. It ends up with Sonic, S

  • ...
38
 189
 4,607

Mogul

It was another day at Canterlot High quite early in the morning. Crowds of students were all making their way towards the gymnasium. Principal Celestia had announced yesterday that she was had a special announcement to the make . As the students were walking and murmured among themselves, Manic was walking next to Sonic. He looked disinterested as his eyelids drooped and he was dragging himself there.

“I always hate these morning assemblies. They’re such a waste of time.” Manic grumbled.

“Just do what I do. Sit in the back and take a nap.” Sonic responded as he stretched his arms to prepare for one . "That way no one notices and plus I get some extra sleep.”

The two of them entered the gym and walked up the bleachers to sit down. They sat next to the Rainbooms along with Knuckles and Tails at the top seats against the wall. Students filled them up quickly and again began to murmur about what the assembly could be about loudly.

“I wonder what this assembly could be about?” Rarity stated.

“I hope it’s not like the last assembly we had. " Knuckles stated with displeasure as he crossed his arms.

Sonic leaned against the back with his arms folded and he brought his head down and began to doze off as he closed his eyes. Manic put his hands on his face as he looked as his eyelids drooped even further and yawned.

Principal Celestia walked up to the center of the stage shortly. She tapped the microphone to gather the student’s attention as the noise was spread through the gym. The students became silent and were now focused on her.

“Good morning student body.” She said happily with a smile. “I have called this assembly this morning as I have exciting news.”

“Exciting news? That’s always something boring.” Sonic remarked as he opened his eye slightly.

“This week, the school has managed to find ourselves a new benefactor. He is quite an influential man and with his contribution, it will make CHS a better place.” Principal Celestia explained. Students looked on with interest at her statement.

“(I wonder who this guy is?).” Manic thought.

“Students, I would like to welcome Mr. Mogul to the stage!” Principal Celestia stated as she turned to her right to welcome someone on stage. At the mention of the word 'Mogul', Manic's eyes widened and he sat up fully straight quickly. His eyes darted back and forth

“Did she just say, Mogul?” Manic said with worry as he fiddled his fingers with nervousness.

On the stage, Mogul walked up. He was a large man with short brown hair and a thick brown beard and mustache, wearing a purple business suit and holding a cane in his hand. He had a golden ring on his left index finger. He gave a powerful and charismatic feel. He took the microphone from Celestia. Manic saw him and his face became pale and he slumped his shoulders. He gulped in worry loudly. Sunset noticed this and turned to him.

“Manic, are you feeling ok? You look sick.” Sunset asked him.

“I need to get out of here.” Manic said nervously. He rose up and began to walk past the students sitting down as he made his way through in desperation. On the stage, Mogul spoke up.

“Greeting, boys, and girls. I am Mogul. I am quite pleased to be working with your school. I am quite confident that this school is full of talented young men and women.” Mogul said in a charismatic tone.

As he was speaking, Manic was trying to exit through the gymnasium as he moved through students as if his life depended on it. However, he didn’t even get off the bleachers when Mogul spotted him moving through. He smirked upon seeing him.

“Wait a minute, Manic? Is that you?” Mogul boomed loudly.

The entire student body turned towards Manic. Manic froze in his tracks upon hearing his voice. He turned towards Mogul slowly. He was sweating heavily.

“Manic, it really is you! Come up here and join me.” Mogul said happily.

Manic chuckled nervously. He then slowly dragged himself up to the stage, as if he was approaching a death sentence. He came next to Mogul. He placed his hands on Manic’s shoulder firmly. Manic bit his lip firmly when he did that and just looked down on the ground, trying to avoid eye contact with Mogul.

“You know Manic?” Principal Celestia asked with surprise.

“Why of course I do! This brave young man once helped me out greatly. You know, your entire student body could learn a thing or two from him.” Mogul remarked as he patted Manic on the back. Manic slowly lifted his head up and forced a nervous smile.

“Yeah, we go way back.” Manic said nervously. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I should head back to my seat. Being upstage is giving me stage fright.”

“Oh, you modest young lad! Head back. We’ll chat later.” Mogul beamed. Manic walked back to his seat as students turned to him. He looked extremely stressed out as he rubbed his forehead with aggression. He came back up and sat next down to Sunset.

“What was that all about?” She asked him, noticing his expression.

“When this assembly is over, I’m making a run for it.” Manic whispered to her.

“Why? Up there, he seemed to speak pretty fondly of you.” Sunset said to him.

“Look, I’ll explain later. I need to concentrate on getting the hell out of here.” Manic said. His eyes were focused on the exit across from him.

“Ah, what a small world we live in.” Mogul said fondly. “Now then as I was saying, with your school's partnership with me, I hope for many benefits to come. I wish to be heavily involved in your school community.”

The students all clapped loudly, except for Manic, who focused on the exist still. Mogul handed back Principal Celestia the microphone.

“Thank you, Mr. Mogul. Students, that is all. You may head back to class now.” Principal Celestia said.

The students all rose and began to walk off the bleachers. As they did, Manic dashed off as quickly as he could, leaving a green streak and making a strong gust of wind.

“What’s his problem?” Sonic wondered as he saw Manic dash away with the others. “The whole time, he looked like he was screwed or something.”

“Manic said he’d tell me something about him and Mogul later.” Sunset said. “I’ll go check on him.”

Sunset walked off towards the exit that Manic dashed away towards. Manic was streaking through the halls of the school for his life.

“OK, OK, this isn’t good. Mogul’s here. I just need to get out town for a while and hide using a fake name. Lay low for a couple of days or so. He’ll probably forget about me. Yeah, that sounds like it could work.” Manic said, trying to come up with a plan. Manic then reached the entrance of the school and came down the steps. As he was about to turn, he was stopped. His body was glowing green and he was lifted up in the air.

“Oh, crap.” Manic said with a defeated tone and he closed his eyes. He looked around to see Mogul when he opened them. His hands were glowing green and he had a smirk on his face.

“Leaving so soon? I thought you would have been much happier to see me.” Mogul said to Manic smugly as he approached him.

“Mogul, hehe hehe. I hoped, er I mean never expected to see you again.” Manic said nervously. “How are the kids?”

“I don’t have any children.” Mogul replied.

“What? Oh, then-.” Manic started to say before Mogul cut off him.

“Spare me the pleasantries Manic. You know you’re one of my least favorite people.” Mogul said.

“Look, about what I did. Give me a break. I’m a kid. Kid’s make mistakes. Can’t you just look the other way for once?” Manic said with a smile on his face. Mogul chuckled to himself.

“You’re a funny one. I like that.” Mogul said.

“Enough to let me go?” Manic asked with a little hope.

“No, sorry son. You gambled in my casino with a fake ID. You owe me money. According to my employees, that’s around 250 thousand dollars.” Mogul casually explained. Manic looked down on the ground upon hearing this

“What’s a couple a grand to a rich guy like you? Instead of wasting your time with me, why don’t you go do something productive in your life? Like, exercise for once.” Manic replied with a taunting smile.

“Why do you laugh in the face of doom? You’re in deep trouble, young man.” Mogul said. He tightened his grip on Manic, causing him to wince.

“Now then, what should I do with you? I’ve lived for centuries, so I can be quite creative.” Mogul wondered as he spun Manic around slowly. “Perhaps I should turn you into a sausage.”

“Yeah, of course, you would.” Manic said dryly.

“Another fat joke? You’re defiant to the end.” Mogul said as he stopped spinning Manic, who was left upside down.

“Relax Mogul. I haven’t seen you this angry since you were on your diet.” Manic quipped. Mogul brought Manic closer to him and slightly glared at him.

“Don’t eat me.” Manic said. Mogul then used his powers to slam Manic on the ground firmly and hold him there.

“Do you have any more?” Mogul said. Manic struggled to rise up and grunted.

“Nope, I think I’m good here.” Manic managed to say. Mogul released Manic from his grip and he fell completely down on the ground.

“I’ll give you until Thursday. That’s two days.” Mogul told him

“Two days? How am I supposed to get that kind of money in two days?” Manic asked in disbelief as he rose up quickly.

“That’s your problem.” Mogul dismissed.

“All right chubby, looks I’m going to have to teach you a lesson.” Manic said firmly as he pointed towards Mogul.

“Really? You’re going to fight me?” Mogul said slightly amused with a small smirk. He raised an eyebrow.

Manic dashed towards him as a green streak, but Mogul made a shield in front which blew Manic back as he collided with it and he fell to the ground.

“Hey, shields are cheating.” Manic complained. Just then Sunset arrived outside the CHS entrance. Manic noticed her and he gained a mixed look of worry and surprise as he got up.

“Sunset? Why are you here?” Manic asked surprised.

“I wanted to make sure you were OK.” She replied. She then turned and noticed Mogul standing over Manic. “What’s going on?”

“Miss, I would advise you just walk away from here. Mr. Manic and I were discussing business.” Mogul advised.

“I don’t think so. Manic is my friend.” Sunset said as she walked and came between him and Manic. She stood defiantly to Mogul.

“Sunset, don’t. Believe me, you don’t want to make this guy mad.” Manic warned her.

“Manic, let me help you. I’m sure I can be of some help.” She offered.

“You wish to aid him? Well, Manic here owes me 250 thousand dollars after gambling in my casino.” Mogul explained. Sunset then turned to Manic. She was not impressed as she lowered her eyelids.

“Seriously?” Sunset told him.

“Hey, I wanted to give it a shot.” Manic said, shrugging.

“Well, in that case, Mr. Mogul, I have a proposition for you.” Sunset offered him as she turned.

“Go on, I’m listening.” Mogul said intrigued.

“Why don’t you and I take part in a little competition? If you win, Manic and I both owe you the money. If I win, you have to promise to leave Manic alone. Deal?” Sunset explained to him. Mogul rubbed his chin with interest and toyed with the idea. He then spoke up.

“You have courage, young lady. I like that. Fine, meet me at my Casino Night club when you’re school has finished.” Mogul said. He then started to walk off away. Manic looked at Sunset like she was insane.

“Are you out of your mind?!” Manic exclaimed. “There’s no way you can beat him! He’s been alive for centuries! He’s had way more experience!”

“Relax Manic. I know what I’m doing. Gambling is just about probability. It shouldn’t be too difficult for me to predict the outcome.” Sunset said with no worry.

“Sunset, I really don’t think you know what you’re getting into. “ Manic cautioned.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get your out of your debt, that’s a promise.” Sunset promised. She looked at Manic and gave him a reassuring smile. Manic sighed. He didn't like how this could end up.

Later the scene shifted. Manic and Sunset were inside her lab. She was writing probability equations on the chalkboard quickly while Manic just sat down at the nearby desk and sulked as he put his hands on his face. His face read 'no hope.'The Rainbooms with Sonic and Tails walked in. They noticed all the writing on the chalkboard.

“Sunset, what’s all this?” Tails asked.

“Oh, I’m just writing down my possible outcomes of victory when I go against Mr. Mogul.” Sunset replied as she wrote.

“Mr. Mogul? What does he have to do with this?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“To make a long story short. He hates my guts and Sunset is trying to help me.” Manic explained in a dull tone.

“I challenged him to a little wager. However, gambling is only probability. You just need to work out the possible outcomes and then it’s simple.” Sunset just explained as she turned to them.

“Sunset, don’t get so cocky. I feel like he wouldn’t agree on this if he knew there was a chance of him losing.” Sonic pointed out.

“Well if that’s the case, then he’s underestimated me greatly. “ Sunset said full of confidence.

“I’m doomed.” Manic said glumly. The door suddenly opened and Coconuts, a small robotic monkey with a yellow siren on his head. He was wearing a black suit. He got everyone's attention.

“Manic, the ride for you and your friend is here.” Coconuts said. Sonic and Tails observed him for a while until they burst out laughing suddenly.

“What’s with you two?” AppleJack asked.

The two of them continued to laugh out loud. Sonic wiped a tear.

“Coconuts? I remember you. I used to knock you around when I was a kid sometimes.” Sonic managed to say. “This is what you’ve been reduced to?” Sonic added on with laughter.

Coconuts glared at the two of them heavily. He seethed a little.

“Manic, just come along.” He said with gritted teeth. He exited the door.

“Well, wish us luck.” Sunset said to her friends. She and Manic then went out the door as well. They followed Coconuts into a large black limousine. They entered it from the back and the limousine drove off as Coconuts entered the driver's seat. The limo drove them to the Casino Night Club. The entrance was packed with lines of people coming in to enter. It was a small red building with white stripes and the front had a sign written in cursive that said 'casino' which glowed cyan, surrounded by two playing cards, a jack and queen, and a red die at the top. The entrance was a crystal clear shining yellow door. On the side, there were two large stacks of purple card decks and two large bodyguards in suits and shades next to them. Lights were coming out from the top of it as well. Manic and Sunset exited the limo and walked into the night club, following Coconuts through. The inside had a red carpet divided by a shiny blue floor in the middle and gold railings. The sides had 4 entrances surrounded by yellow squares to lead upstairs. As well, there were various people on red and white slot machines placed on the carpet as Manic and Sunset walked through. They were completely invested in their gambling. There were large windows with gold sides at the top and a few palm trees. There were gray robots with red visors, wearing black suits for service. Manic looked uneasy as he passed them.

“I wish I could say this place brings back fond memories, but it doesn’t.” Manic grumbled. “It just reminds me of how screwed I am.”

“Manic, how many times do I have to tell you? We’re going to be fine.”
Sunset reassured. Manic just sighed in defeat. The two entered a small blue room at the back and saw Mogul sitting at the head of a large table alone. He was folding cards. He was pleased to see the two of them as they took their seats across from him.

“Ah, you’ve arrived.” Mogul said. “You know it’s not too late to back out.”

“I don’t think so. I’m quite prepared.” Sunset said with confidence. “Now, choose your game.”

“How about a simple game of poker?” Mogul suggested as he laid down the cards. “One round.”

“Easy.” Sunset replied cockily.

“Manic, shuffle the cards.” Mogul instructed. Manic reluctantly took the deck of cards Mogul laid down, and he shuffled them. He handed a pair of cards to both of them and took his seat. Sunset saw her deck of cards and she smiled.

“(Perfect. With this, I can make a flush.) “Sunset thought to herself. “(I’m sure to win. The chances of him having a better deck are slim.)”

“Are you sure you don’t want to quit?” Sunset said conceitedly. She played down her cards.

“A flush. Top that.” Sunset said as she folded her arms, thinking she had won. Mogul looked on with surprise and inspected her flush. Manic looked a little hopeful and he did a small smile.

“Impressive. But I’m afraid you don’t have the advantage.” Mogul finally said.

He laid down his cards. He had four of a kind. Manic's smile faded from his face. Sunset looked on as her jaw dropped slightly and she lost her confident demeanor and just stared at his cards as she gripped the table firmly.

“I believe you know both owe me money.” Mogul said calmly as he looked at his ring.

“No, this can’t be right! I worked out the possible outcomes!” Sunset said trying to make sense of the situation as she grabbed her head with her hands. Manic put his head down and just sighed heavily.

“Sorry little girl. You came in here too overconfident.” Mogul taunted.

“No! I demand that we play again!” Sunset demanded angrily as she brought her head up. Manic turned to her with a look of shock.

“Are you insane?! Sunset, just leave him. We already owe him enough cash as it is!” Manic said.

“No, I can beat him! I’m sure of it!” Sunset declared.

“Miss, what do you wager then?” Mogul asked her. He found her determination to be interesting.

“I wager……my guitar!” Sunset said. She then faced Manic. “Manic, go get my guitar.”

“Sunset, I don’t think-.” Manic started to say.

“Manic, get it now!” She snapped, taking him back.

“All right, All right.” Manic grumbled. He then dashed back to the school in a green blur and gathered her guitar for her in no time. It was a light blue, clean model. Mogul eyed it with delight.

“Nice instrument.” Mogul stated. “Manic, shuffle the cards.”

Manic again shuffled the cards. He handed a pair of cards to the both of them. Sunset looked at her cards again and she smirked widely.
“(This time, there’s no way I’ll lose.)” Sunset thought to herself. She laid down her cards in front of him. She had a full house.

“There, I win for sure!” Sunset said, brimming with confidence.

Mogul sighed in a bored tone and laid down his cards. He had a royal flush. Manic performed a face palm. Sunset's face became one of bewilderment and she rose up from her seat in shock.

“Your guitar, Miss.” Mogul simply stated.

“Impossible. This can’t be right! The probability of you having such good cards is extremely low.” Sunset said. She didn't understand, how could she have been wrong twice?

“Sunset, look let’s get out of here all right? Before this gets any worse.” Manic was telling her.

“No! I refuse to give up. I’m no quitter! Again!” Sunset declared in prideful rage.

“Sunset, no. I’m telling you, this isn’t going to end well.” Manic insisted.

“Manic, do you want my help or not?” Sunset asked him.

“Not really at this point.” Manic muttered. Sunset ignored him and turned back to Mogul.

“All right then, but not poker. How about…..Roulette?” Sunset proposed.

“As you wish. But what do you wager now?” Mogul asked.

“I wager……My band’s instruments!” Sunset said.

“What? You can’t wager the things of people who aren’t even here. Sunset-.” Manic started but she glared at him with such intensity, he had no choice but to become silent.

“Manic, get the instruments!” Sunset instructed. Manic sighed. He then dashed off back to the school. Manic entered the band room, where the Rainbooms were with Sonic and Tails. They were not expecting to see him back so soon.

“Manic? Did you guys win?” Tails asked. "Where's Sunset?"

“No, it’s getting worse. You guys have to come stop Sunset. She’s getting unhinged.” Manic explained.

“Unhinged? How?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Well, she’s just bet all of your instruments. Which is why I’m here.” Manic said. He then dashed and took Rainbow Dash's guitar, AppleJack's bass, Rarity's keytar, Fluttershy's tambourine and Pinkie Pie's drumset from around the room, leaving the room empty and the rest of them surprised and speechless at what they had heard.

“She did what?!” Rarity exclaimed.

“We should probably go check this out.” Sonic told them.

Manic returned with all the instruments. He then set them down next to him and Sunset.

“Hmmm, these look nice. My band might benefit from using them.” Mogul said as he inspected them.

“Enough talk!” Sunset said impatiently and slammed her fist on the table. “Let’s get started!”

“Very well.” Mogul said. He then snapped his fingers and a service robot handed him a Roulette wheel with a small white ball and he set it on the table. “What is your bet?”

“I bet… on a double number.” Sunset said.

“I choose a single one.” Mogul said.

“(Aha, I’ve got him right where I want him. The chances of it entering a single number is less likely.)” Sunset thought to herself. She started to chuckle to herself slightly and rubbed her hands. Manic looked on in worry as he heard this. He could tell she wasn't thinking straight.

Mogul placed the ball on the wheel and then spun it, As it spun around, Sunset had a confident smile on her face as it spun. She was sure to win. When it stopped spinning, the ball landed number 36. A double digit number. Sunset looked crushed as she was drained of all the confidence from her face. Manic just shrugged nonchalantly. He expected this.

“Hmmm, I think these instruments will serve the club nicely.” Mogul said calmly.

“What……I don’ get it…….how could……” Sunset was struggling to say. She lowered her hands down and just stared at the ground.

“Are you finished ? Or are there other things you’d like to bet?” Mogul mocked.

“Sunset, let’s go.” Manic urged. “Before we lose anything else.”

Meanwhile outside, Sonic, Tails, and the Rainbooms arrived outside of the Casino entrance and stared at the building.

“Ooooh, this place looks so pretty!” Pinkie said with delight.

“So, they must be somewhere inside here.” Sonic said. “I’m going in.”

Sonic walked up to little further. He saw that there was a long line in front of them. He groaned and snapped his fingers in annoyance.

“At this rate, we’ll be out here all day.” Fluttershy said.

“No problem.” Sonic said.

Sonic then first went and grabbed Tails. He then zipped into the Night Club super fast as a blue streak. He then back and dashed the other Rainbooms in as well, leaving Rainbow Dash. When Sonic came to Rainbow Dash, he picked her up in bridal fashion quickly and then dashed her into the middle of the club to join the others. He then set her down with everyone else.

“Sonic, if you ever hold me like that again, that’ll be the last run you ever take.” Rainbow Dash threatened. Sonic shrugged. He began to look around for a while and he spotted through a slightly open door at the back, the back of Sunset's head.

“Found 'em.” Sonic said. The group came and walked where the two of them and entered inside. There, Sunset wasn't looking too good. Her hairs had split ends and was a mess and she had small bags underneath her eyes and she clutched the edge of the table tightly. Manic saw the others and he exchanged a worried glance about Sunset with them. Mogul didn't seem to bothered by their presence and didn't pay them much attention.

“Sunset, what do you think you’re doin’?” AppleJack asked her as she touched her on the back

“I’m trying to help out Manic! He has no self-control whatsoever!” Sunset responded slightly deranged as she faced AppleJack.

“I think this stopped being about me a while ago.” Manic said. “Sunset, you need to stop gambling against this guy.”

“No, OK, I can beat him! I know I can!” Sunset insisted.

“You’ve better our instruments and lost them!” Rainbow Dash said. “Quit it before you lose something else!”

“Never! I just miscalculated that’s all. I should get it this time.” Sunset said defensively.

“Again? My, my, you are quite a stubborn girl. What do you wager now?” Mogul said. He was enjoying this.

“I wager…” Sunset started to say. She then looked at AppleJack and broke out in a mad grin.

“I’m going to wager…AppleJack’s farm!” Sunset said. Upon hearing this, AppleJack's eyes widened.

“What? You can’t wager my farm without ma permission!” AppleJack protested.

“Trust me, this time, I know what to do!” Sunset said. “Another round of roulette, this time, I chose a split bet!"

“Then, in that case, I’ll just go with straight up.” Mogul said, keeping his cool.

Mogul again used the wheel. The ball then rolled and this time, it only entered one number, 4 which was a straight up. Sunset slammed her head down on the table in defeat. Everyone else looked on in shock, except for Pinkie who was in the background, playing with the slot machines by pulling the levers rapidly as she ran around.

“Ma farm! What am I goin’ to tell Granny Smith?” AppleJack said with dismay.

“No! Why, why, can’t I win?!” Sunset cried in frustration. She buried her head in her hands. Manic looked on at her. He felt terrible for letting his friend go through all of this for his sake. He couldn't stand to see it.

“(This is gone on for long enough. I can’t let Sunset suffer because of my mistakes. But what can I do?)” Manic thought to himself. He then had an idea suddenly as his eyes lit up. Manic walked over to Mogul.

“Mogul, you’re looking a little thirsty. Mind if I get you a drink?” Manic asked.

“Ha, and have you try to poison it? It’s a kind offer, but I think I’ll pass.” Mogul responded.

Manic then walked away from Mogul and as he did, he “accidentally” bumped the roulette wheel, and it fell off the table into pieces as it smashed to the ground.

“Oops, silly me. How clumsy.” Manic said, trying to play it off as an accident.

“Well, accidents happen. But little girl, if you want to play again, I’m afraid you’ll have to choose another game.” Mogul told Sunset.

“Not so fast. We have a genius here who can fix up anything.” Manic said as he put his arm around Tails suddenly. “Tails, you’d be able to fix this thing up in no time right? Make it new and improved.” Manic added on with a wink.

“Yeah, I guess.” Tails said. Tails seemed confused by Manic’s wink. Manic then used his hands to make a screwdriver motion. Tails then got it as his eyes widened.

“Let me see that. But I need to work in a quiet space, so I'll be back.” Tails said. He took the pieces of the wheel from the ground and went out of the room. He came out with it fixed in a minute and a half holding it in one hand.

“Good as new.” Tails said as he placed it on the table.

“Sunset, don’t you want to try one last time?” Manic asked her.

“What’s the use? I already know I’m going to lose.” Sunset said with little confidence.

“I don’t know. Maybe, this time, you’ll get it.” Manic said reassuringly with a smile.

“Well then, what do you wager?” Mogul asked.

“How about you two make this all or nothing? If she wins, we get all our stuff back. If she loses, then you get…..the whole school.” Manic wagered. Everyone looked at him in shock and Sunset turned to Manic quickly. Now she was the one looking at him as if he was insane.

“Manic, I’m not sure if I can do this-” Sunset began with nervousness before Manic put his hand on her shoulder.

“You’ll be fine. ” Manic said. He smiled at her. It gave her some confidence and she slightly regained her composure.

“I will bet a straight up.” Mogul said.

“Then, in that case, I guess I’ll go with a split bet this time.” Sunset said, slightly nervous.

Mogul spun the wheel. Everyone looked extremely nervous save for Pinkie who was still playing with the machines, as the wheel spun. Sunset clenched her fist in worry, Sonic tapped his foot impatiently, and Rarity bit her lip slightly. Manic and Tails looked at each other with a smile. Mogul looked smug. Eventually, it stopped spinning and the ball landed on first a 0, and then the number 8, a split bet. Sunset looked shocked with happiness as started to smile. The Rainbooms sighed in relief heavily, with AppleJack's being the loudest. Sonic gave a slight smile. Manic and Tails high-fived each other. Mogul just looked down at the wheel. His expression was difficult to read, slightly surprised, but not disappointed.

“Not bad. Looks like you win, little girl.” Mogul admitted.

“I won? I actually won!” Sunset said with happiness. She joined her friends to celebrate.

“I get to keep the farm!” AppleJack said happily.

“Nice going Sunset.” Manic said giving the thumbs up. She then hugged Manic unexpectedly. Manic looked surprised at this and she let him go.

“Cool, let’s get out here then.” Sonic said.

“I wouldn’t move if I were you.” Mogul said suddenly. All their eyes were on him now.

“What? Sunset won.” Rainbow Dash said.

Mogul lifted up the wheel. He then showed the group the bottom which had a yellow sphere attached to it that was blinking red.

“Did you really think I wouldn’t notice?” Mogul said unimpressed.

“Manic, what is that?” Sunset asked. Manic laughed nervously.

Mogul used his powers and he demonstrated the Miles electric from behind Tail's hands. The screen was flashing red as well.

“Rigging the equipment is quite low, even for you Manic.” Mogul said with disappointment.

“You cheated?!” Sunset said with a hint of anger to Manic.

“It was to help you!” Manic defended.

Mogul lifted all of them up with his powers easily. They were trapped in green spheres.

“I don’t appreciate cheaters.” Mogul said as he turned them towards the end of his room and he had his back turned to the door. “Now then, what should I do with you?”

Mogul then started to tighten his grip on them with a malicious grin and they all began to struggle. However, a loud thud was heard from behind Mogul suddenly. The group was released from his grip and they fell down. Mogul fell down on the floor knocked out. Behind him was Knuckles with a grin.

“Tails, that was good timing right?” Knuckles said.

“Knuckles, why are you here?” Sonic asked confused.

“When I went to fix the wheel, I called Knuckles to arrive just in case.” Tails explained.

“Even if he is centuries year old and has demigod-like powers, being unprepared still makes him vulnerable.” Knuckles commented.

Sunset walked over to Manic. Manic slightly slumped his shoulders.

“Look, you’re probably mad that I cheated for you. But, it was the only way I could think of before we lost anything.” Manic said before she could say anything.

“Manic, I’m not mad. You’re right. I was out of control and I guess I let my ego get the better of me.” Sunset admitted.

“Good, I think we both learned something today. You need to learn to control your ego and I need to learn to be better at cheating.” Manic remarked.

“I think that’s the wrong kind of lesson for you, .” Sunset said. She then looked back at Mogul on the floor. “I think we should leave before he wakes up.”

“But what are we gonna do if he wakes up? I doubt he’ll let us off the hook.” Sonic said.

Manic looked around the room and he noticed a small computer on the counter in front. He had an idea as he smiled and walked over to it.

Later, Mogul began to stir. His eyelids flapped before he fully opened them. He held his head and rubbed it as he rose from the ground.

“Oh, when I get those brats I’ll-.” He started to say before he noticed that his Casino was being inspected by the police. Mogul exited the room and saw that officers were removing the slot machines and taking them outside.

“What’s going on here?” Mogul asked. An officer approached him.

“Mogul, we have a warrant to close down this facility. We were tipped off that as the owner of this Casino, you have an empty bank account. You can't operate a Casino with no cash. We were provided with evidence.” The officer explained.

“Evidence? But who could of-.” Mogul started to say before it dawned on him who could have. He scowled when he realized it and clenched his fist and grit his teeth.

“Manic.” He grumbled. Later outside the Casino, the group was making their way. Manic walked next to Sunset. They both had victorious smiles on their faces.

"Even a mystical demigod isn't free from being bankrupt.” Manic said. Sunset laughed slightly.

THE END.