• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 294 Views, 3 Comments

Rule-Breaking Nuisance - Shimmer Shy



Ponies can break the rules sometimes, and Mage and Sportsy definitely break them a lot. As a friendship forms between the two of them, they share their problems and secrets with one another.

  • ...
1
 3
 294

Mage's POV

I glanced at the the large, crystal doors as they slammed shut, wiping tears from my eyes. I sniffed a bit as I turned to face the Princess. Her pale face was painted with a stern expression, and she began to stride over. I flinched a little as she placed her graceful wings on my back, not expecting her to touch me. She began to walk slowly, as if stalling time, and I followed her, unsure what to do. I could easily transform into another alicorn, yet it felt wrong to do that. It felt disgusting to hurt her. I had built myself up to be loyal to ponies for so many years, betraying the princess felt like a crime. Actually, betraying the princess WAS a crime, it was against the law. So instead, I continued walking behind Celestia, her stride tall and strong; just like her. I looked up into her graceful eyes, and gave her a small smile, though she didn't return one.

"Celest- er, Your Highness, a-are you going to kill me?"

She didn't reply, just as I thought. I sighed a little, feeling my body go pale again. I began to feel a little hot and nervous too. As we strolled along, suddenly I heard something, though I dismissed the voice and continued walking.

"You... We... Not all changelings are bad..." I mutter to the princess as we stroll through the endless, empty hallway. Our mesmerising hoof steps clapping against the crystal floor in a hypnotic rhythm. I sigh, realising she hadn't acknowledged my words. I look at her beautiful, magenta eyes, they seemed to be in a state of worry. I looked at her, confused. I tried to read her thoughts through her eyes alone, but it was impossible. She was like an impenetrable diamond wall. I needed to think of a plan soon though, since I doubted it was much longer before she took me to the end where there was no going back. That's when I saw it; a strange gemstone. It seemed to come from another hallway off to the right, but as i stared into the light a plan became clear In my head. Like a sudden strategy. I squinted my eyes to read the label under the gems, and eventually I read the words "Elements of Creativity".

Strange, I had never heard of those before. Nonetheless, the plan I had was a little stupid, but a little genius at the same time. And that strange gem had told me it, though it probably wasn't smart to take orders from a mysterious glowing gemstone.

I felt the wall of fire flow around me again, felt my body get smaller. A pair of black wings sprouted from my body, and my figure became more colt-like. I stood in front of Celestia as no longer Mage, but Silver Storm. I quickly began telling Celestia everything, hoping that she wouldn't lash out at me. I told her about him, about Sportsy, about school and about escaping the hive. Then when I had finished talking, I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the punishment that she was sure to give me. And yet, nothing came. I opened my eyes, and I saw her face, it seemed proud and had a broad smile spread across it. I changed back into Mage, then turned around to see a pair of guards staring at me as if I were some kind of monster. I looked at them as they gaped at me, then I saw something behind them. The figure teleported between Celestia and I, then swiftly told Celestia to leave me be. Despite my shock, I was suddenly filled with joy. Sportsy was back.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment