• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 294 Views, 3 Comments

Rule-Breaking Nuisance - Shimmer Shy



Ponies can break the rules sometimes, and Mage and Sportsy definitely break them a lot. As a friendship forms between the two of them, they share their problems and secrets with one another.

  • ...
1
 3
 294

Sportsy Sketch's POV

I kind of hid behind my long brown hair as the blue earth pony in front of me tried to say something to me. I gave a polite smile, trying to show that she didn't have to be scared to tell me anything. In fact, I was surprised she wanted to talk to a pony like me at all, I'm not anything special. Well, except for the fact that I'm an alicorn, but that really doesn't earn me any extra attention.

The pony began to speak, and as she did so, her head lifted with more confidence. “Hi, I’m Mage. I’ve seen you walking around school before, and I wanted to know if you’d like to be my...” She paused for a second, and I looked up a bit, listening for the rest of her sentence. She took a deep breath, and I gave her a slightly concerned look, until realizing what she was trying to say. Or, at least, what I hoped she was trying to say.

Could it be? Did this pony really want to be my friend? I mean, it wasn't completely strange. Once I had become friends with somepony a while ago, a unicorn named Minty Sweet, but I had been the one to ask. To think this pony rounded up the courage to ask me to be her friend made my heart skip a beat. I was a little nervous to say anything, so I waited, giving a small nod yes that she probably didn't notice.
A few seconds later, she began to speak again. Only this time, she didn't trip on her words. Not only that, but she wouldn't stop talking. Mage talked for at least half an hour, explaining everything about herself, and I listened, actually interested in a conversation for once. Even though it was only a one way conversation.

Mage had finally finished with a sigh. A few awkward seconds of silence followed. I decided to speak up. If this friendship was going to work out, I would have to find my voice. "My...name is Sportsy Sketch." I said in the most confident voice I could. Mage's ears perked up. I guess she hadn't expected me to talk, and I honestly hadn't expected myself to, either.