• Published 4th Aug 2016
  • 874 Views, 6 Comments

The Living Cloth - Dark Nightshade



Twilight and Fluttershy have a third kid, who is able to talk to spirits, and the spirits say bad things are going to happen soon.

  • ...
5
 6
 874

Introductions

Candy Burn and Taissy stared at Twill Weave as she introduced herself and the spirits.

"How are you able to talk to spirits?" Candy Burn asked. Twill Weave shrugged.

"I'm not sure, but I think it may have something to do with the lantern in my tail," she said as she glanced at her tail.

You're actually pretty close, Spark said. It is partially because of the lantern. Something happened to it a long time ago, and it was basically supercharged with energy that allowed it to be connected to the spirit relm.

"Really?" Twill Weave said. "That is interesting." Candy Burn tilted her head and Taissy frowned.

"Who are you talking to?" Taissy asked.

"Spark," Twill Weave answered. "He's one of the spirits that talks to me. He was just explaining how I am able to talk to spirits. It's because of an energy inside of it that makes it a part of the spirit relm." Twilight rubbed her chin.

"Interesting," she said. "And because it's a part of you, does that mean that you're a part of this 'spirit relm' as well?"

Sort of, Tinder said. You're technically sort of in-between relms.

"Now that is interesting," Twill Weave said. "Is it possible to travel there?
"Travel where?" Twilight asked.

Technically, yes, Tinder replied. However, most ponies need some kind of enhancement to help get here. You, however, have enough power to get here and back relatively comfortable.

"Travel where?" Twilight asked again.

"To the spirit realm. So can you! I think," Twill Weave said. "She is able to, right?

Yes, Tinder replied.

"Cool," Twill Weave said. "You are able to!"

"How?" Fluttershy asked. "How do you travel there?" Twill Weave shrugged.

"How do you?" she asked Tinder.

Well, first you have to concentrate, Tinder said. Then you have to think of a dead relative and focus everything on them, and after a few seconds, you should be there!

"Cool!" Twill Weave said, and then relayed that information to the others.

"Wow," Twilight said. "Is it possible for spirits to gain a physical form in this world?"

Yes, Spark said. It's just really hard too, depending on how we come back. We can either inhabit a living body, or we can try to get back into our old bodies.

"Really?" Twill Weave asked. "Have you ever done either off them?

Twice for both, Tinder said.

Once, and that was for my body, Spark said.

"Well?" Twilight asked. "Are they?"

"Yes," Twill Weave said. "So hypothetically, one of you could enter anyone's body?"

Yes, Spark said. It's just hard to.

Plus, who knows what it'll do to your aging if you try to do it? Tinder said.

"I can mess up my aging if I try?" Twill asked.

Maybe, Tinder said. But a spirit entering a body other than his own...that is against one of the laws we have.

"The spirit world has laws?" Twill Weave asked.

Of course, Spark said. The sprit world is like the mortal world, just colder. Picture it like that, and you've got a pretty good idea of what the spirit relm is like.

Author's Note:

Did this seem too fast? I having some writers block so I couldn't think of a good ending for this chapter.