• Published 11th Jan 2016
  • 13,391 Views, 1,386 Comments

A Penny for your thought - Damaged



A human finds himself yanked out of his own life and plunged, with no field guide, into Equestria!

  • ...
48
 1,386
 13,391

PreviousChapters Next
84 - A very important date

Whoa there mares and gentlestallions. There is a mature-only version of this very chapter over here Caution: Link contains human and pony sex and some very odd things. Proceed at your own risk (to your sanity)

Jen sat on the mildly comfortable chair feeling a little out of sorts. This was a fancy place that Sablee had brought her to and here she was in jeans and a shirt. She gave a sigh, she was lucky at least that her things were clean. That brought a slight blush as to how she had gotten them clean.

"Something wrong?" The stallion sitting across from Jenny had heard her sigh.

"No, it's not, it really isn't. I just need to get adjusted here and sort some things out." Smiling, the woman picked up the menu. "Oh, these salads sound wonderful."

"You don't want the… meat?" Sablee sounded a bit confused, he had done some research into this and was sure humans ate meat.

"Vegetarian." Jen's mouth watered at the descriptions of the meals. "Oh but this vegetable stew sounds perfect. I will have that."

"What… but…" Sablee didn't understand the word, adding to his confusion. "I thought all humans ate meat?"

Genevieve folded the menu up. "Most do, mine is more of a choice thing, I just prefer that things don't get harmed for my benefit."

A waiter, dressed in formal attire, arrived at their table. "Have we made our choices?" The mare was smooth with her words, smoother still since she had heard that the human had made her choice.

Jen nodded to her and Sablee quickly looked through the menu and gave up. "Two of the fine vegetable medleys please."

"Of course, and we have an excellent gift for special someponies, on their first date." Her horn lit and a bottle of cider floated over, displaying itself to each of the table's occupants. Before either could say anything it uncorked and poured itself into their glasses. The waiter left the bottle on the table.

Jenny lifted her glass and sipped at it. A smooth hard cider met her taste buds, bringing hints of wild berries along with the apple base. "This is really good!" She sipped some more and sighed happily.

Sablee looked at his glass. "Never had hard cider before." He sampled some and his eyes widened. "That is good, strong, but good."

"So tell me about you. I like you, Sablee, but I want to know more about you." Jenny sipped some more of the cider, her taste buds telling her brain that she might want to slow down before her meal arrived.

Sablee blushed a little. "Only colt, my parents live in Baltimare. Dad buys and sells produce in the city and mom helps out. When my cutie mark showed up," he looked to the side of his flank to where the grid design with a pencil beside it was, "they figured it was something magic related. Close but not really. Magic helps me make things though, so I am still happy I got into the school here."

"Your parents pay for the school?" Jen got a nod at the question. "Well, I hope you are doing them proud." She smiled wide. "And what is it you do? I figured something designing things?"

"Designing and making. It is how I met Hay and became friends, we both sort of work at the same problems."

Jenny noticed how saying his friend's name didn't cause that hurt look he had worn when she first brought up the topic with him. "Not really my thing, but you know what is my thing?"

Sablee couldn't stop a grin from curling his lips. "Ponies."

Stopped short, Jen laughed at his reply to her question. "Okay, you got me there. Ponies are really my thing, I even dream about ponies…"

The mare blushed so hard that Sablee thought he had said something wrong. It took him a fraction of a second to make the connection. "Princess Luna." The blush increased, he had guessed right. "Not the only pony there, I bet she has to watch quite a few dreams that she would rather not."

Jen couldn't believe how hot her cheeks felt, surely she couldn't be blushing this hard. And worse, he was still sitting there, admitting that Luna was probably a common target of desire. "Wait a second, how would you know that?" Jenny's grin returned, spreading wide. "I think someone else has a crush on a princess…" Score, he blushed too. "Well, it's okay, your secret is safe with me."

"Your meals." The waiter set the plates before them, proving that she had likely overheard at least part of the conversation but was far too professional to let on.

"Thank you." Jen closed her eyes and inhaled. It was a relief to be able to get a meal and not have to poke the staff about it being vegetarian.

"Yes, thank you." Sablee sounded more relieved than thankful, but the mare serving them didn't mind.

Picking up her fork in one hand, Genevieve selected her first mouthful and made her start on the meal. The tastes that hit her tongue surpassed anything she had eaten before.

Sablee watched the expression wash over the mare's features and grinned. He used his magic to start on his own meal and soon wore similar expressions of delight, modified for pony features of course. From one mouthful to the next, he managed to ask. "So, you know more about me, what about you?"


"Mmmm, oh." The woman spent a moment to clear her mouth. "Born in DC… a big city. Dad died when I was really little, I barely even remember him. Mom did good though, had me thinking straight and acting right. She worked two jobs to pay me through school and into art college. Then she… she passed on too. I almost left, almost threw it all away." Jenny always had a little trouble with thinking on it. Her dad she had never known, her mom had been everything to her. "Told myself she wouldn't want me to drop out. Had to swap to part time, working a job to pay my way."

Sablee was heartbroken at the story, he couldn't imagine not having his parents, both of them, around.

"So I started watching this silly show about cute little ponies that had magic and friendship. A friend thought it would help, and it did. I drew some pictures and things, found there was a whole lot more people like me doing the same. Then one day, while I was sketching out a design, I see words appear over my work, asking me where I would rather be."

"And you told it Equestria?" Sablee was spellbound by her descriptions, his world was a play where she lived, apparently.

"Yup, next thing I know there is a pair of cute unicorns and a changeling helping me up and taking me to see a princess."

Sablee realized now he had a whole lot more to be thankful to those mares for. "And here I thought I was sneaking in to bare my heart to Hay, to tell her how I really felt and ask if she wanted to be with me or I would leave forever…" He chuckled at how melodramatic it all sounded. "I found a mare I didn't even know I desired and made two friends."

Jenny's thoughts slid back to the previous night. It had been something they both wanted and needed at the time. A little part of her wanted and needed it still. "The show was all about making friends, I guess I can't fault your world for its accuracy so far." Her free hand reached across the table and found a hoof.


"No." Penny was most adamant about it.

"But if we don't follow them we can't find out what happens!" Stick and Hay were both against her but it was the full-blooded changeling protesting right then. Even Vinyl was throwing in a nod of support. "We have to follow and find out how their date goes!"

"You can go if you want, but I am going to relax here and read a book." Penny pulled out the latest magic book she had to study. Now that she had her full alphabet sorted she was starting on proper spells.

"It wouldn't work if we don't all go." Hay slumped to the bed too, her head landing so her jaw was against Penny's tucked foreleg, her nose bumping the lunar unicorn's chest.

"I should probably go find somewhere for the night." Vinyl got up and stretched, sparing a longing look at the phone that was sitting, charging, on the bedside table.

"When did you stop wanting to be involved in hijinks?" Stick waved to Vinyl as the white unicorn fled the room. "I swear, the Penny I remember would be doing everything she could to spy on her friends."

Penny booped Stick on the nose. "She would not, you are making this all up!" With her eyes off Hay, Penny didn't see the rush of green flames, but she did sense something happening.

"What was the point of this shape?" Hay was now an odd-looking hippogriff. She was mostly right, but had a mix of both her own features and a changelings mixed into it. The tail was completely green, the wings were feathered but the head was completely pony instead of a beaked griffon.

"A good try for your first non-pony shift." Stick settled down to inspect her mate. "Good wings, but they are pegasi wings, not griffon ones. Talons look serviceable, but you should have gone with a beak and your own tail." Her critique had Hay investigating, finding the little faults. The mare looked a little down about it.

Penny, however, leaned in and kissed the half-changeling. "Practice makes perfect, and I think you look adorable." The kiss and compliment had Hay preening a little, puffing up with pride.

A wash of green fire worked over Stick and in a moment there was that half pony half griffon form that Penny still winced when she thought about. "Maybe we should fight over ownership of this pretty pony here?" The changeling gestured to Penny with one claw, her beak parting in a grin.

Hay walked around Stick, studying the form closely. "Oh, I just wasn't focused enough." Fire rolled over her and there were suddenly two identical hippogriffs standing there. "Oh… oh wow…"

Penny watched the blush pour over the avian features of Hay's new form. "First time as a stallion, I take it?" The half-changeling gave a sheepish nod. Despite her memories of what that form could do, or perhaps because of them, Penny's snout formed into a wide smile.


Jenny walked back to her place, the little flat she had been offered. Beside her Sablee walked. Her hand rested in his mane. It had been an enchanting evening. Memories of walking, hand in hand, with any one of a slew of guys couldn't stand up to this and she had a real fight on her hands. Her heart wanted to dive into love again, it wanted relaxing nights, hot nights, it wanted to do all the things ever with Sablee at her side. She had always listened to her heart in the last, always dived into the shallow water. Tonight felt like just the right time to do it again.

"I had a lovely evening." Her voice betrayed the ache inside.

The stallion looked up at Genevieve, a hopeful smile on his face that almost shattered the girl's new-found resolve. She looked into those eyes, finding them so easy to get lost in her heart almost forgot to beat.

"But lets not go too fast here. I really like you Sablee, really…" Jen's words faltered, she wasn't sure how this was meant to go. In the past she would have invited him in, or followed him to his home.

"What's wrong?" Sablee stopped beside her. Real worry took him. Had he done something wrong, something that scared her?

"In the past I have made… mistakes, with guys… stallions. I like you too much to make a mistake here, so lets take things slow, so we can grow on each other." Her voice shook from strain, she really wanted to crouch down and promise him anything if he would stay beside her.

"Slow is good." Sablee smiled shyly back up to her. "I like you too, Genevieve."

Her resolve shattered as he used her full name. His acceptance of 'taking it slow' made it easier for her love to rush up and overwhelm her. Leaning in, her lips found his and the pair kissed. It wasn't a fast kiss, neither would give up the simple expression of love until the other was ready. Jenny closed her eyes and let her heart have it's head. But she demanded just one concession from her rampant emotions, not to get too physically involved too fast.

The kiss stretched on long past where Sablee would ever thought one could. It was just nice to stand there, with Jenny, letting the fine muscles of his lips express the feelings he had for her. At last, though, they both drew apart. "See you tomorrow?"

It was exactly what Jen wanted to hear from him. If he had asked to come in, she would have said yes. If he had asked her to come back with him, she would have likewise agreed. She cursed her heart as she smiled at the most handsome stallion she had ever seen. "Of course. Your place?"

Sablee beamed and nodded and got another kiss on his nose before he watched the mare walk into the little flat. His legs almost gave out with how good he felt.

Author's Note:

Oh darn, there goes my blood-sugar again. Jenny, you fought the good fight, you almost managed to keep your emotions under control. Good luck!

Support me on Patreon or fuel my writing on Ko-Fi!

Join me on Discord. Warning, said chat may contain NSFW material and should be considered adult in nature.

PreviousChapters Next