• Published 11th Jan 2016
  • 13,389 Views, 1,386 Comments

A Penny for your thought - Damaged



A human finds himself yanked out of his own life and plunged, with no field guide, into Equestria!

  • ...
48
 1,386
 13,389

PreviousChapters Next
75 - Trip

"So?" Penny was relaxing on the bed, the sound of Smashing Pumpkins, tinny and soft, drifting from her phone. There was a book before the mare.

Stick was laying down beside her but, unlike Penny, was lying on her back. "So what?" Stick wriggled her legs at hearing one of the heavily distorted guitars.

"You like them then?"

Stick nodded, her head at the perfect angle and position for Penny to lean over and kiss. "They don't sing so much of anger, humans seem like they get angry a lot."

"Yup, anger is one of the bigger emotions humans feel." Penny flipped the page over, smiling as she read through the descriptions for each of the unicorn runes.

"You don't seem to feel it much?" Stick nibbled at Penny's ear and the unicorn dipped her head a little, making it easier for Stick to continue.

"Not anymore. When I was human, I felt most anger inside, at myself. I used anger to avoid grief, I used it to motivate myself." The song changed and Penny closed her eyes, focusing on the lyrics that swelled her spirits.

"So your emotions changed, your gender changed, your 'preferences' changed…" Stick made air quotes with her hooves.

"They did." Penny kept her eyes closed, letting the song and the closeness of Stick fill her with happiness.

"Do you feel it was too much?"

Penny opened her eyes and looked to the changeling. "Stick, I was given a new chance at life. All the problems, all the issues I had, gone. It cost me some things, I just can't get as angry as I used to, the change to my… needs, is interesting and sometimes confusing. Was it too much?"

Stick waited, looking into the upside down features of the mare she was so in love with.

"Of course not. I am a pony now, if I still had all those human things it would be… well, I wouldn't be a pony, I would just be a human stuck into a new body. I didn't consciously give up those things, but then, I gained so much for them I think, now, I would still agree." Penny kissed Stick again, waiting nearly a whole song before breaking from the embrace. "Especially now."

"Because of me?" Stick smiled.

"Because of you. And because of Hay." Penny kissed Stick again, her eyes closing at the feel of being pressed against the changeling, of such a sensitive part of her as her lips being against Stick's. It was about as good as Penny could imagine life.

The door burst open. Hay stood there, looking shocked. "Penny, Stick!" She sounded worried.

Then Penny noticed the magical grip on the door. It wasn't Hay's normal soft yellow. It was green.

"What's wrong?" Stick rolled to her belly and climbed up.

The unicorn trotted in and closed the door behind her. Penny saw more of the green, even saw as Hay's horn was softly glowing green with the work. "I was getting assessed and Gingersnap noticed something off with my magic."

"It is now that of a changelings." Penny looked up at Hay, meeting the frantic eyes of the mare.

Hay froze and stopped, looking at Penny. "How did you know? It took a spell to let Gingersnap…"

This did surprise Penny. "Wait, you can't see it?"

"See what?" Stick asked a moment before Hay shook her head.

"When anypony uses their magic, their horn glows and what they are working with gets a glowing pattern around it. Yours used to be a soft yellow, like your mane. But now it is the same green a changeling has." Both the other mares were staring at Penny. "What? Can't everypony see that?"

Hay shook her head. "Might have something to do with Penny having been a human…"

"Anyhoof," Penny smiled and got to her hooves, approaching her distraught marefriend. "This wasn't unexpected, was it? There was the thought that you might change. This is the first we have noticed."

Stick found Hay's other side. "Right, you can probably use changeling tricks now." The drone grinned. "Not even Penny can learn those, they are only for changelings."

"Like what?" Hay was a student, learning things was practically a career for the mare at the moment.

"Penny, over into the tub if you would." Stick gestured to the little attached bathroom.

It was obvious she was going to be the target of something, and being the bathroom it was probably going to be something messy. Regardless of that revelation, Penny trotted into the bathroom and climbed into the two-pony tub.

Stick was talking to Hay, softly so Penny couldn't hear. Hay lifted her head, horn starting to glow with that green light. Suddenly there was green goop all over Penny, the mare feeling practically glued into the tub with the stuff. Worse still, when she tested it, she found she really was glued to the tub! "Hay!"

The mare in question looked proud of herself. "Yes?" She replied, stepping a little closer to inspect her hoofy-work.

"No I mean… just get me out of this!" Penny was giggling though, Hay appeared to have lost that panic she had moments ago, the fear shed with the learning of new magic.

The two laughed some and moved in, their magic making quick work of the goop and, with some water, getting Penny clean too. "So I'm a changeling?"

Penny laughed. "One trick and sharp fangs, does not a changeling make. You are still Hay, you still look like a unicorn." The two nuzzled and Stick, having cleaned the tub, came and joined in too.

"I have some news too." Stick looked proud.

Hay looked interested. "What is it?"

Stick shook her head and pointed to the bed. "Penny, up on the bed please." The unicorn nodded and climbed up. "Now lay on your side." She wondered what the changeling was up to, but kept following the commands. "Okay, now Hay…" Stick's hoof guided Hay's in, bringing it to Penny's belly and rubbing ever so gently.

Penny relaxed oddly at the touches of the two, innocent as they were.

"I can feel… Oh!" Hay almost bounced in place, Penny had no clue what was going on.

"I noticed it last night, when I finally wore her out." Stick kept rubbing and soon Hay's hoof returned too. "Penny, you have a slight bump."

It was like a giddy rush of happiness. Penny couldn't think straight, she looked up at the two mares, a silly smile on her snout.

"Yoo hoo… Penny?" Hay waved her hoof in front of Penny's face, getting her attention after a bit.

"Huh? I am showing? Really?" Penny seemed excited and tried contortions to get her hoof to the side. In the end, she propped her back against the headboard and gently pressed at her belly. It felt strange, like a small thing was inside her. A tremble ran through Penny. It was a small thing inside her. A small foal.

"Three… two… one…" Stick had one hoof raised, as if it had a watch on it. No sooner did she count one but Penny started to cry. "Gotcha." The two changelings were there suddenly, on each side of Penny, cuddling her. It made the tears come faster.

It was a relaxed evening for the three. Penny was fed in her room after both her marefriends snuck food back for her. It was all fine until, just drifting off, Penny noticed something. She seemed to be back, waking up in her bed back on earth. It was surreal for the mare, she was still a mare but this was.

Awake?

The rhetorical question made Penny laugh, but she nodded. "I am, what is this, a dream?"

No, this is real. You are back to see what became of your empty life. Normally, I would offer the former human the chance to stay.

Penny got up and looked around. "Don't bother, we both know the answer. So how long do I get?"

You get as long as you need I-

The text was flowing slowly, Penny watched it hover but cut in. "Then take me home, I am done with this life. I am not that pony… person, anymore."

That fast? You gave up everything you were?

Penny laughed again, not a hint of the barb finding purchase. "I didn't give up everything, I didn't give up anything. It is gone now, sure, and if I knew what I know now, back then, it still wouldn't change my decision."

Not even a little? Is there not something you wanted to do, someone you wanted to see?

"No, please take me home. I can never hold anything against somepony who helped me as much as you have, but don't push me to try." Penny leaned forward and tried to kiss the nearest 'o' of text, but it all faded before she could.

She woke in her bed, the bed she wanted to be in. Two mares snuggled up beside her. There was the oddest sense, for the mare, that something was unfinished. She couldn't lay a hoof on it.


Penny closed her mouth, she had just spent most of the early hours of the morning explaining to both her mates what had happened, which had meant filling in Hay and Stick, fully, on The Text. "You didn't even want to look? I mean, if you opened your door would your friend have still been there?" Stick was rubbing Penny's foreleg with a hoof.

"My bed was… it wasn't set up how I had it. My friend could afford rent on his own, it was just easier having us both there and… I don't want that life." Penny took a deep breath, counting out ten seconds and letting it back out. It actually felt good having made that choice.

"No 'what if's or 'maybe's?" Hay reached up and rubbed Penny's cheek, the two doting on her making Penny blush.

"No, no regrets, not a one. Back there was the last remnants of an empty life, with loneliness and pain. You think it took me more than a heartbeat to throw that away and come back to my mares?" Penny leaned forward, kissing the hooves of both her marefriends. "The person I was back there, he is gone. He is still a little here, but even he prefers this world to that. For a start off, this one has ponies."

Penny was wrapped in snuggles by the two. She could feel them gripping tight to her and she realized what it was. "You are worried I would have stayed?"

"I didn't even know you had gone." Stick tried to look innocent of the charge, but failed. "What if it comes back, wants you to go back and stay there?"

"I doubt it thinks that badly of me." Penny was honest. "Besides, lets not worry about 'what if's and 'maybe's, I love you, both of you, and there is no spot I would rather be than here."

Their hug was broken, however, at the grumble of Penny's belly. "Ugh, really? Oh come on you two, you have a pony to feed." Penny gave each a kiss as she started to untangle herself, getting to wobbly legs.

"I… well, I am going to try normal food for a little bit." Hay blushed. "It's not that I don't want to be a changeling, really, but I think I would like a mid-ground."

Stick smiled. "I understand, that just means I get to feed both of you." If there was a happier changeling, right then, they would surrender the title to Stick upon seeing the mare's smile.

"How is the alphabet going?" Hay moved so Stick could get up, kissing her and nuzzling up the changeling's horn. It left the drone blushing hotly.

"Oh, I saw that." Penny grinned, her prey in sight. "So somepony found something that makes my little queen blush." She leaned in, Stick frozen like a deer in headlights. Penny's tongue found Stick's horn first, the unicorn feeling a slight tremble as she worked up to the tip of it.

"Damn that looks fun." Hay was grinning widely, watching as Penny kissed Stick's horn, again and again. She had to catch the drone, however, when Stick's legs gave way.

"Okay, off to breakfast!" Penny cackled and turned, making to leave. Hay set Stick down gently, turned, and followed the lunar pony.

Stick had to struggle, to fight her way back onto her hooves. "Drat those mares…"

Author's Note:

Well, a little adventure in the slice right there, but I think things turned out. Wait, what's that? Oh, Stick is complaining that she was completely faking it, totally. We will believe her, won't we?

Support me on Patreon or fuel my writing on Ko-Fi!

Join me on Discord. Warning, said chat may contain NSFW material and should be considered adult in nature.

PreviousChapters Next