• Published 11th Jan 2016
  • 13,376 Views, 1,386 Comments

A Penny for your thought - Damaged



A human finds himself yanked out of his own life and plunged, with no field guide, into Equestria!

  • ...
48
 1,386
 13,376

PreviousChapters Next
47 - The chapter where all the innuendo happens

"So what are your plans for the rest of the day?" Perfect really felt at ease with these mares, almost amazingly so. It was refreshing for the mare, normally used to working closely with the most shrewd businesspony in Canterlot, to have trusting and trusted peers to work with.

"I bet, if Stick had her way, we would be back to our room to celebrate, or worse, she would rush and tell Cadance." Penny looked over to Stick, seeing that she was trying to look innocent and one of those things, or both, had been her plan. "No, today I am told, she is going to buy some dresses for me, and I need to pick out something for her, too."

This had the changeling's attention instantly and she looked very happy indeed. Her hoof reached and bumped mine on the table.

"Well that sounds lovely. Would you care to spend a little time looking over locations for our offices?" Perfect smiled more at every single little thing the pair did to encourage each other. It all reminded her of Articulate.

"Of course." Stick's attention was back on the conversation and away from Penny, but not for long. "We could do that first, if you like."

Penny nodded, getting another mouthful of food from her partner.

"Settled then. At your convenience." Perfect settled back a bit in her chair, watching as Penny was slowly fed the remainder of the plate of food. It was cute how the pair had turned such a simple ritual as eating into something that bound them closer.

At last, with the final bite swallowed and Stick content her mate wasn't going to fade away on her, at least until dinner, they all started to shuffle and look around for the waitmare. Spotting their table apparently ready to leave, she trotted over and accepted their bits with a smile. "You have a wonderful day now!"

The sentiment was returned by each of the three and they made their way outside. "Did you have some locations in mind?" Penny stretched herself a little, her back legs especially, as they returned to the warm sun.

"One really good one. It is close to the castle, has a good solid construction." Perfect was already leading the way, Penny and Stick moving to catch up.

The two walked pressed slightly together as they kept up with the earth pony. "We, uh, we'll be storing the bits there, I take it?" Penny sounded a little unsure about asking.

"Definitely. To say the money markets in the empire are a thousand years out of date is, unfortunately, accurate. It is a shame nopony has… oh…"

Penny knew that look, she had gotten it herself when thinking of things that humanity had that ponies lacked.

"Well, I guess that works too. We are doing everything but managing other ponies funds." Perfect was clearly focused on her new idea and was grinning. "No reason we can't run as a bank as well, we are already on good standing with Canterlot's main financial bases, we can put those funds to work faster in that case."


They had sneaked away, of course. Fast and Twilight stood on the edge of Canterlot's cliff, facing the wind. "And see," the changeling was quite comfortable up here, they could both fly after all, "you can study what your wings are doing, in the air, without having to focus on flying."

It was also a lovely, moon-lit night and Fast had to say a quick mental thank-you to Luna for that.

Twilight was quite excited by this, a scroll appearing beside her complete with quill that was already writing. "This is amazing!" She lifted her wings up and then down slowly, examining the way they cupped the air, the way her primary feathers, so fragile-looking, were doing most of the work. "Thank you, Princess Fast-"

"Just Fast, we are both princesses." Fast was smooth to cut in, leaning in and nosing at one of Twilight's wings, getting the mare to blush at the sensitive touch. "So, does this give you any ideas?"

It was a double entendre of epic proportions.

That Twilight completely missed. "Oh it does!" Fast's heart beat a little faster at Twilight's quick reply. "I need to get Rainbow Dash to do this too, but she would be much easier to examine, all I would need is to make some kind of wind spell and have her fly in place…"

The changeling princess would have lifted a hoof to her forehead if she thought Twilight would miss the gesture. This would certainly take more work, but what good things in life were easy to obtain?


The building was an old one, but looked quite well established. "It is owned by the crown at the moment, we will need to talk to Cadance about purchasing it… unless she was willing to lease it to us as part of her buy-in." Perfect pulled a notepad out from somewhere, holding it with a hoof somehow while she jotted down her thoughts.

Penny was wandering around the old, vibrant building in awe. It was made of the same crystal that most others were, but this one had used it to excess. Everything glittered as the sun shone through, painting the floor with an amazing kaleidoscope of color.

"I like the patterns." Stick wandered around the floor, even lifting a hoof up to the patterned light, giggling as it left a slightly different pattern on the floor, complete with a tiny hole of brightness. "A good omen, a bright future ahead." She smiled at Penny and had the unicorn soon at her side and kissing her.

Perfect was done with her examination of the main area and was investigating other rooms. Which left the couple to their own devices.

"So, want to play around some more?" Stick sounded quite taken with the idea, bringing a hot blush to Penny's cheeks.

"I am already pregnant!" She poked Stick back on the nose. "But yes, dammit, I guess these hormones of this heat thing has stirred me up."

"Hormones?" Stick sounded intrigued, as she did when hearing all new words for the first time. "What is that?"

The lunar pony had a safer topic. "Hormones are what your brain makes to encourage your body to do things. There are some a stallion's brain makes, that makes them want a special somepony, and others for mares."

"So your… preference, was probably that?"

Penny shook her head. "Maybe, when I was human. But now I doubt Luna would have messed me up in that way. Habit, more than likely, one I might never break without the urgings of a body to find a special somepony."

Stick's kiss on her nose was entirely welcome, as was the second that landed on her lips, that Penny returned.

"A pony might ask you to get a room, but we have plenty here. This place will be precisely what we need." Perfect returned, smiling at seeing the two so distracted by each other. Would that happen with her and Articulate? A warm shiver of anticipation dispelled any and all attempts by her rational mind at finding problems with it.

It was an interruption to the pair, but one they didn't begrudge. "Well, I for one intend to follow that advice, lets go to court and make this official." Stick pressed in tight to Penny's side, flanks and shoulders touching.

Penny laughed at this. "Remember last time? Don't let me nod off." She nuzzled Stick before they made it out to the street again and turned toward the big crystal castle.

The changeling returned the attention, giving a happy little giggle as Penny fed her some energy. "So I guess I won't be getting those books back, it's okay, I got two spells from them, something to protect and something to poke." The words flew over Perfect's understanding. "Oh, Sharp took them back, but he forgot the keys, we should take those."

Penny nodded at this. "After court?"

Stick nodded. "It would be best, I think. I can't believe I have missed a full day, I must catch up on what is happening."


Her heart pounding, Fast couldn't believe she had agreed to this but, in the interests of the science Twilight held so dear, she had acquiesced.

At her side, panting and puffing just as much as she was, Princess Twilight Sparkle looked absolutely delighted.

Neither had finished first, each making it right at the same time. The party was still going, thankfully, and with shaky hooves they made their way back among the guests.

Moon found them first. "What… no, I don't even want to know anymore." The sight of the pair had completely thrown any hope she might have that the party would be a normal one.

"What's the matter here?" Celestia found the trio, looking Fast and Twilight up and down. "You two look like you have been running, is something amiss?"

The two newest princesses looked at each other with wide grins. "No, Princess Celestia." Their chorus was hint enough that something very much was amiss, but not in a bad way.

"Princess Fast Change was teaching me about wings and flying." Twilight beamed with delight, they had done science together!

"And Princess Twilight Sparkle reminded me how fun it is to just relax and be yourself." Fast lifted a hoof and Twilight met it with a clop.

It was like a little burr in Celestia's mind, wondering what they had gotten up to that would leave them a little disheveled and more than a little out of breath. But it wasn't something she could actually pry into. "Well, I am glad everypony has learned something." She put on her best benevolent smile. "But I fear you kept your presences from a lot of guests, we will have to have another ball in a month, to make up for that."

A pink pony, on the other side of the room, let off a confetti cannon and cried out. "Woo!"

Twilight knew just who it was but poked Fast with a hoof. "Don't ask how she knows she will need to plan another party, just accept it."

Fast chuckled at this. "I need to meet more of your friends, I think." Her eyes spoke volumes. "If organizing a party is her thing, then I bet I can think of a party or two for her to help with."

Celestia replied to this. "I don't think you would be able to keep Pinkie Pie from helping to organize a party, I don't think even I could."

Everypony within earshot had a laugh at this.


As it turned out, court was still in recess and the three had decided to take the keys back first. "So these books need keys to open? What was in them?" Perfect was keeping with the pair, if for no other reason than to make sure the building was secured and in their hooves by the end of the day.

"They have… not nice spells in them." Stick kept to Penny's side, her plans of dragging the mare back to their rooms during the recess dashed with Perfect's presence. She didn't begrudge the earth pony this though, besides, there would be plenty of time for fun, later. They had dropped by their rooms, to grab Penny's bags with the keys in them.

Penny nodded to the simple description. "Ponies really don't need those kinds of things… well, not every pony. But I think they shouldn't be locked up like this, I am sure there are interesting things that could be learned from them."

"But if they are bad spells, wouldn't only bad ponies want them? Oh, or ponies that want to defend themselves or others." Perfect opened the library door with a hoof and the three stepped inside.

The mare was still on duty, running the library from her central position. "Ah, you have something for me?" Penny could see the two books, their spines pressed by the metal bars of the locks on them, on a shelf behind her.

Penny produced the keys from her right pack first, levitating them over to the librarian. "The right ones." She told her, getting a nod as they were tucked away. The second keys were produced now. "The other ones." This, too, got a nod as they were filed. "Thank you for this, I promise you we will not misuse this gift."

The librarian smiled to them. "It was not my gift to give. It is Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, to whom you must give your thanks."

Author's Note:

Guesses as to what Twilight and Fast got up to below, please :D

Support me on Patreon or fuel my writing on Ko-Fi!

Join me on Discord. Warning, said chat may contain NSFW material and should be considered adult in nature.

PreviousChapters Next