• Published 9th Jan 2016
  • 7,878 Views, 271 Comments

Of Monsters and Girls - Fullmetal Pony



The girls of Canterlot High must confront an invasion of monsters from underground! Is everything as it seems? Equestria Girls/ Undertale Crossover

  • ...
12
 271
 7,878

Erase

The shimmering light of dusk sifted through the crowd gathered in the Canterlot High courtyard. The only spot in it not filled with people or monsters was a thin ring around the Canterlot statue, though some students were closer to it than any monster dared to go. Students and monsters mostly kept to themselves, but a here and there human and monster intermingled. A chubby cat monster and an alligator girl in clothing so bright it strained the eyes to look at it were chatting about the latest gossip with a group of similarly dressed students. Near the edge of the crowd, some bug-like monsters were sweating a little taking in the scene beside some equally nervous nerds. A wall-eyed girl stared off into space while what appeared to be a hybrid of a dog and a cat wearing a light blue shirt vibrated on top of her head.

The twin doors into the gymnasium flew open. Music filled the air. Two spotlights atop the gymnasium lit up and so did everyone’s faces. Two figures stood on the roof, one in a scintillating gown and the other in a matching tux that conformed around his square chalice.

“Gooooood evening, everyone!” Pinkie cheered into her mike.

“Who’s ready for the tonight?” Mettaton beeped.

The crowd gave a roar of approval.

“That’s the Wondercolt spirit I love to hear!” Pinkie’s smile widened. “But it’s not just Wondercolts bringing the excitement tonight!”

“I certainly isn’t,” Mettaton clicked. “Even my best shows could never bring out crowds like this though!”

“Well, let’s not keep them waiting any longer!” Pinkie exclaimed.

Mettaton extended a hand out into the air and Pinkie did the same. They then swooped them back in a welcoming gesture.

“Let’s get this party started!” they both shouted.

The crowd exploded in cheers and then streamed into the gymnasium. Where only a few days before, panic-stricken students had piled inside while monsters roamed the courtyard, now both stepped through the door side by side.

There were lines of tables filled with drinks and food. The signature pastries of Sugarcube Corner rested beside trays of sandwiches in the shape of swords, bisicles, and steaks in the shape Mettaton’s faces. There were also hot dogs scattered throughout the room, and donuts and jugs of cider hung from spiderwebs.

A monster floated in one corner of the room with two glowing orbs floating around it. It grinned when a sizable group had formed around it. The orbs flashed and turned into a spray of confetti that rained down on the group. The monster tipped its hat and bowed while the group cheered.

Trixie stood atop a roughly crafted stage in the opposite corner of the gym. She glared at the monster and then straightened her hat. She flourished her hand and a line of cards appeared as she did so. In the dimmed lights of the gym, it would have taken a skilled eye to see the strings keeping them afloat. The crowd gathered around Trixie ooed and awed.

“Pick a card!” Trixie smirked. “Pick any card!”

While partygoers eyed the food, and others eyed the dueling magicians, most of them looked to the center stage. Massive speakers rimmed the stage and blasted out energizing beats. A girl with neon blue hair and magenta glasses manned one decked out spin table, and a ghost manned an equally impressive rig beside her. Both jammed out to the music through the headphones, and the ghost even managed to crack a small grin.

A collection of student and monsters was hidden behind the DJs and their setup. All of the students were doing some last minute checks on their instruments while Shyren was warming up her voice. Lemon Bread gurgled, producing a sound similar to a synthesizer. The students all glanced at each other, smiled, and silently thanked Pinkie for getting them acquainted with Lemon Bread before the party. None of them put it past her to pull a surprise on them, and all the monsters had given Pinkie more than enough prank ammo. Then again, the night had only just begun.

Back by the doors, a few heads turned when Rarity strutted into the gym. Her light purple dress was that stunning quality everyone had come to expect from her work, but the way the gems meshed with the web-like ends of the sleeves and the bottom of the dress was a step up for her. Gems sparkled, and the sleeves and the bottom of the dress glowed liked silver.

“Well, it looks like I’ve hit another winner. Just imagine what I’ll be able to do with a proper timeframe.” Rarity turned back. “Everything still fitting you well, Fluttershy?”

“Oh yes, Rarity.” Fluttershy looked out at the crowd staring at her and her dress. It was a simple, light green gown, but it was embroidered with the same material as the parts of Rarity’s dress that glowed silver. She bowed her head and rubbed her arm. “It… it’d be nice if the others were here too though.”

“I know, dear,” Rarity sighed. “An entire entire ensemble would be a dream come true, but a little glimpse goes a long way.”

“You think so?” Muffet muttered into Rarity’s ear.

“Oh, defi— Eeeee!” Rarity jumped back.

Muffet swung around upside down on a web strand and giggled.

Fluttershy tapped her on the shoulder. “Uh, Ms. Muffet, you really shouldn’t sneak up on people like that. They might get scared.”

Rarity collected herself and shook her head. “No offense, Fluttershy, but you were one of the last people I ever expected to say that.”

“Well, it’s tr—”

“PINK HAIRED, ANIMAL LOVER HUMAN!” a voice cried out. Papyrus sprung up from the crowd and vaulted over to Fluttershy. He loomed over her and reached behind his back. Fluttershy gulped. “I REALIZE THE LAST FEW TIMES WE’VE MET HAVE BEEN A BIT… AWKWARD. I’D HATE TO MAKE A BAD IMPRESSION ON THE SURFACE, SO I HAVE CONSULTED HUMAN BOOKS AND THE HELP OF YOUR FRIENDS TWEELIP AND SUNNY TO FIND THE PERFECT APOLOGY GIFT!”

Papyrus brought his arm forward and produced a small white dog. Papyrus’s smile went lopsided.

“Oh… um…” Fluttershy glanced to the side. “It’s a very nice dog, Mr. Papyrus, but I’m not sure if I can house another animal right now, I really do appreciate the effort though.”

“NO!” Papyrus stamped the ground. “THIS MUTT ISN’T THE GIFT! I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW IT COULD HAVE GOTTEN TO IT! I HAD IT TUCKED RIGHT INSIDE MY ARMOR!”

The dog leapt off Papyrus’s arm and disappeared into the crowd. Papyrus sank to his knees.

“I’M A FAILURE AT ESTABLISHING GOOD RELATIONS WITH HUMANS,” he sniffled.

“What happened? Did something go wrong with the plan?” Twilight called out from the crowd. Everyone parted to let her through. Her face sank at the sight of Papyrus looking heartbroken. “Something went wrong with the plan.”

Fluttershy laid a hand on Papyrus’s shoulder and knelt beside him. “There, there, Mr. Papyrus. I know you’ve only been trying to make friends. I should apologize too, I’m a bit nervous, so I may have made given you the wrong impression of humans on the surface. I’d still like to be your friend though.”

Papyrus’s smile returned in full force when Fluttershy smiled back at him and extended a hand. “THANK YOU, HUMAN! I PROMISE, I’LL DO MY BEST TO BE THE BEST FR—”

As soon as Papyrus clasped Fluttershy’s hand, a shock ran up his arm and jolted his whole body.

Fluttershy retracted her hand, revealing a joy buzzer attached to it. She let out a small giggle. “Plus, I heard you have a funny bone.”

Papyrus shook his arm to return feeling to it. “My brother has gotten to you, hasn’t he?”

Pinkie popped up beside him. “You betcha, but it took the both of us to convince Fluttershy to actually go through with it.” Pinkie jumped over to Fluttershy and gave her a strong pat on the back. “Great job, Fluttershy! Your second successful prank!”

Fluttershy blushed. “Pinkie, you’re not really counting what we did to Rainbow Dash, are you?”

“Of course I am, silly,” Pinkie giggled. “That was a classic.”

“I’m confused,” said Twilight.

“i know, trying to figure your pink friend is way too much work,” Sans commented.

Everyone spun around to where Sans had appeared.

Papyrus launched onto his feet and rushed over to Sans. “BROTHER, WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN? I HAD TO GET READY ALL BY MYSELF! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO POLISH THE BACK OF ARMOR ON YOUR OWN?”

“did you consider taking off the armor?” San asked.

Papyrus was silent for a moment and glanced to the side. “THAT’S BESIDE THE POINT. AT LEAST I TRIED TO LOOK MY BEST. DID YOU DO ANYTHING AT ALL TO PREPARE FOR TONIGHT?”

“yeah, lots of stuff,” San answered. He lifted up one leg, revealing black slippers. “see? i put on my dress shoes.”

“THOSE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOUR OTHER SLIPPERS!”

“Oh, please don’t fight,” said Fluttershy.

Twilight tapped Fluttershy on the back. “Don’t worry, this is just how they get along.”

“I can relate,” Rarity sighed. She then glanced across the crowd. “I should check to make sure she and her friends made it here alright.”

“Speaking of friends, have either of you seen Sunset?” Twilight asked.

“her?” said Sans. “i dropped her off right before i got here.”

~~~

Flowey glared up at Sunset. “Go away, human. Just because you’ve got a walking graveyard watching your back doesn’t mean I have to play nice with you.”

“I’m not asking for that,” Sunset sighed. She looked down that hall. The distant echo of music resonated against the lockers. “I won’t even pretend like I know what this is all about.”

“Then you should keep your mouth shut and go off like a good little pawn to your stupid get together,” Flowey hissed.

Frisk looked down at Flowey and frowned.

“I may not know what this is about…” Sunset tightened her jaw. “But I know Frisk is a good friend and they just want you to be happy.”

“Tch, good luck with that,” Flowey spat. “All the DETERMINATION in the world couldn’t make me happy, or sad, or anything else. Don’t you get it, you idiot? I don’t have a SOUL. So waste your breath on someone else. One dumb party isn’t going to change that.”

Sunset took a breath and sat down. “Maybe not, but FRIENDSHIP might.”

Flowey titled his head at Sunset. “‘FRIENDSHIP?’”

“We’re still working out the details, but it’s a unique magic my friends and I can use. It’s not quite the human magic used in the past, but it’s not exactly the magic from my home either. I can’t make any promises, but I was in a place similar you once. I didn’t care about anyone else. I just wanted to make everything mine, no matter who got hurt along the way. But, I found people— people like Frisk— that were willing to forgive me and help me remember what it meant to care about others. That’s the power of FRIENDSHIP.”

Frisk smiled.

“Sounds like a bunch of corny writing to me,” said Flowey. He looked up at Frisk and sighed. “But at this point, I don’t have much a choice in the matter. Although, figuring out just what you are might help me in my own ways.”

Sunset got back on her feet. She extended a hand out to Frisk and Flowey. “I think a little give and take at the start is a good beginning point. Trust me, I’ve been there too. Tonight though, let’s just have some fun.”

Frisk took Sunset’s hand. The trio walked down the hall as the music got louder until they reached a pair of doors. They shook a bit from the force of the music inside.

Flowey bristled. “I don’t like this. All these people. All these monsters. Frisk said almost everyone is here. THEY won’t be happy I’m here too.”

“Now you’re sounding like Fluttershy on a bad day,” said Sunset. She put a hand on the door. “Just take a breath. It’ll be okay.”

Flowey grumbled. Sunset opened the doors.

A few heads turned when the trio walked in. A hush fell over the monsters the spread to the students until the entire gym was quiet. Sunset bit her lip. Frisk looked to the ground.

“FRISK!” Papyrus yelled, shattering the veil of silence. He bounded over and giddily bent down to Frisk’s eye level. “IT’S ONLY BEEN A LITTLE WHILE BUT IT FEELS IT’S BEEN FOREVER SINCE WE LAST TALKED! OH, AND YOU BROUGHT MY FLOWER FRIEND TOO!”

“Great, I get to deal with this idiot too,” Flowey muttered.

“Sunset!” Pinkie popped out the crowd. Rarity, Fluttershy, and Twilight followed after her. Pinkie gestured like she was wiping some sweat of her brow. “I was getting a little worried with only half of us here.” Pinkie bent down and smiled and Frisk. “And you made it too, Frisk! That’s a nifty flower you got there.”

“I already despise you,” said Flowey.

“Oooh, a party pooper.” Pinkie grinned. “I’m always up for a challenge, so do your worst.”

A demented sneer stretched across Flowey’s face. “You sure about that?”

Frisk slapped Flowey on the back.

Flowey glared back at him. “Don’t test me, Frisk.”

“Just try,” Frisk pleaded. “Please.”

“I hate this. I absolutely hate all of this this.” Flowey gritted his teeth, took a breath, and sighed. “But he might have like this.”

Frisk smiled.

“Well, I don’t know who he but if he likes to party, then consider him a friend of mine!” Pinkie spun around and point to the main stage. “DJs, hit it!”

The DJs smiled and brought the music back full blast.

Celestia watched the party reignite from the announcer’s booth. Luna and Toriel stood to her right while Asgore stood a little ways away on her left.

“Seems those girls have done it again,” Luna mused.

Celestia glanced over at Asgore. “With help from some new friends.”

“I’m thankful to the bottom of my heart from what your students have done,” said Asgore. “I could only dream of getting as much done as they have.”

“Please, Mr. Asgore,” said Celestia, “don’t discredit your own efforts. Without your work, the long term infrastructure monsters need to assimilate to the surface would take forever.”

“And it takes the patience of a monarch to get anything done at city hall,” Luna quipped.

“Let’s hope Superintendent Faust never hears that,” Celestia chuckled.

“She honestly doesn’t seem that bad once you talk with her a bit,” said Asgore. “Reminds me a bit of one of my royal guards actually.”

Luna raised an eyebrow. “I realize education is important, but it seems a little early to be talking that side of government.”

“Oh…” Asgore diverted his eyes to the ground. “Well, I suppose it is a bit odd, but she was willing to make time in her schedule. We may be able to get approval by the start of next year.”

“Really?” Celestia’s face lit up. “Wonderful!”

“What’s all this about?” asked Toriel.

“Didn’t you’re hus—” Celestia cut herself off when Luna made a slicing motion across her neck. Celestia coughed into her hand and cleared her throat. “What I mean to say, is that Mr. Asgore had a part of his assimilation proposal be a monster culture and history class. I imagined it would be a later stage of assimilation once things have settled down some more, but Faust always knows how to throw a curveball.”

Toriel crossed her arms. “And sadly Asgore isn’t the best catcher.”

“You’ve got me there, Tori,” Asgore signed. He then looked at Toriel. “But if things work out, maybe you’ll get that job you always wanted.”

Toriel’s arms fell to her side. “What?”

Asgore turned to the side. “You always mentioned how much you wanted to teach, so I made sure you were on the list of potential teachers. If you’d like for me to change it I c—”

“No,” Toriels flatly stated. Asgore clenched his muscles and braced for a rebuke, but Toriel smiled at him. “You have a long way to go, Asgore, but you’re on the right path.”

“Tori…” Asgore placed a hand on his chest and took a breath. “Thank you.”

Toriel planted her hand on her hips. “I don’t recall telling you it was okay to call me ‘Tori’ yet though.”

“gee,” said Sans. “haven’t seen a burn that bad or so cold since vulkin tried a nicecream.”

“Mr. Sans…” Celestia wagged a finger at him. “You really must stop popping in like that. Ms. Pie might think you’re issuing a challenge.”

“Nope!” Pinkie appeared in the room from out of Asgore’s cape with five drinks balanced on her arms. She moved by Asgore, Celestia, Luna, and Toriel, who each took the drink and smiled upon realizing it was their favorite kinds. “Sansy here has got me beat fair and square. I may be the party queen of Canterlot High, but even I couldn’t get around to all the monsters like Sansy can.”

“hey, thought we were keeping my end of the deal on the down low,” said Sans. “i might need make some additional conditions to our agreement now.”

Pinkie bit her fingernails. “Oooh, but if I give anymore pranks, I’ll be digging into my premium material.”

Sans grinned. “maybe some more ketchup flavors?”

“Gah, you are one demanding skeleton, Sansy!” Pinkie then started buzzing. She pulled her phone out from somewhere and her pupils shrank. “Oh my gosh! It’s almost time for the main event. Oooh, I hope Dashy and AJ get make it on time!”

Pinkie darted off in a puff of smoke.

Sans took a seat and leaned back. “see, that’s the kind of energy I could never deal with. think I’ll just sit the rest of this out here.”

~~~

Twilight squeezed her way through the crowd and made it over to where the drinks were. She reached out to grab the serving spoon from the punch bowl. Her hand bumped into Alphys’ and the both pulled their arms back.

“T-twilight,” Alphys murmured.

Twilight looked to the floor. “Alphys…”

“About yesterday,” they both said and then paused. “I…”

They were silent again.

Twilight chewed on her lower lip. “Should I go first?”

“I… I don’t know,” Alphys stammered. “I mean, I already sort of apologized to Sunset earlier and I don’t want you to worry and I…”

Twilight put a hand on Alphys’ shoulder. “Breathe, Alphys. I can at least tell you that much thanks to my old babysitter.”

Alphys followed along with Twilight. She took a breath and mimicked the rolling gesture Twilight made with her arm towards and away from her chest. “Thanks, Twilight. Guess I’m a bit nervous without Undyne here. I’m not used to being around this many people either.”

“I know, right?” Twilight looked over the party. Trixie was juggling flaming horseshoes. The magician monster was turning drinks into bouquets of flowers. Most eyes were on the main stage where the DJs had moved their rigs to the side so the band could play, and Shyren and Lemon Bread could sing. “It’s nice to know not everyone is watching every move you make.”

“Yeah.” Alphys scratched the back of her head. “I’m still worried about Undyne though. I know it’s silly, but the way she talks with Rainbow Dash is different from how she talks to me. Now she’s off picking up another strong human. It’s like how those love dodecahedrons in Betsusei and Nekoken form. Oh geez, I hadn’t even thought of what Undyne thinks of me hanging out with you and Sunset all the time. This could be a worse catastrophe tha—”

“Alphys,” Twilight interjected. “This isn’t an anime. Not everyone is falling head over heals for each other, so there’s no need to worry. Has Undyne done anything to make you not trust her?”

“Well, no…”

“Then things are okay.” Twilight scanned the party and spotted Sunset chatting with Rarity and Fluttershy. “I don’t know that much about those kinds of relationships yet, but I know Undyne is your friend, and you can always trust your friends.”

“Yeah, and it gets you so far in life,” Flowey spat.

Alphys and Twilight turned to see Frisk had come up behind them with Flowey in tow.

“Oh, nice to see you again, Frisk.” Twilight smiled, but the smile quickly faded when Flowey glared at her. “Guess your friend is still having trouble enjoying the party.”

“I’m going to be saying this the entire damn night,” Flowey grumbled, “it doesn’t matter how ‘super duper extra spectacularly cool’ this party is as that pink idiot barfed up.”

“Sounds like you’re not too big on the whole ‘being social’ thing. Maybe we can start a club… even though we don’t like being… social.” Twilight let out a nervous chuckle and grabbed a cup. “How about some punch?”

Frisk smiled and nodded.

The lights then went out. When a lone stagelight flashed on, everyone’s attention went to the main stage. The band had vanished. Pinkie and Mettaton stood in their place.

“Wowee! What a night so far,” said Pinkie. “Is everyone having fun?”

“Yeah!” the crowd answered in a deafening unity.

“Well, I hope you’re all ready for the big event of the night,” Mettaton beeped. “I know the monsters in the audience have gotten a hint of what’s to come from my final episode, but with Dr. Alphys’ help and the great contributions of Ms. Pie, the school band, the lovely siren sisters, and our talented DJs, it’s time to give you all a show like you’ve never seen before!”

A cheer went up through the crowd, but a loud screech and the sounds of a crash halted it before it could reach its peak. The doors leading out to the courtyard burst open. Their hinges were nearly torn off from the force of the push. Undyne stumbled in with Rainbow Dash and Applejack slung over her back.

Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Papyrus, Twilight, Sunset, Frisk, and Alphys all rushed through the crowd and over to her.

“Undyne!” Alphys shook and knelt beside her. She reached out and put a hand on Undyne. She shuddered when she felt the thick layer of dust covering Undyne. “W-what happened?”

Undyne shook. A few tears spilled out of her eye and onto floor. “I couldn’t save them, Alphys. All of them, just dust. All of them.”

“W-what?” Fluttershy gasped.

Undyne slammed a fist into the ground, shattering the wooden boards. “I wanted to find whoever did it, but when I heard Dash get hit, I wasn’t going to let whoever it was hurt humans too.”

The crowd around them parted and Celestia, Luna, Toriel, and Asgore made there way over.

“This seems serious,” said Celestia. “First, let’s get you all some first aid.”

“There’s three more outside,” Undyne huffed. “I tried to be careful, but it wasn’t easy driving here.”

“Thank you, Undyne,” said Asgore. “Rest now, we’ll handle it from he—”

“No!” Undyne roared. “Whoever did this is still out there! I’ll rest after I’ve made them pay for what the—”

Undyne gasped in pain. She looked down and spotted the sharp end of a knife stabbing through her side. A glance back revealed that the knife was buried up to its hilt in her back. She turned her head up and snarled at the figure standing outside. Her pupil shrank. “You!?”

Apple Bloom flipped a second knife into the air and caught it by its hilt. She then turned to Undyne, displaying cheeks and irises as red as her hair. “Yes, it’s ME.

Frisk shivered and ducked behind Papyrus.

“No.” Flowey shook. “How? You’re supposed to be dead!”

“Oh?” Apple Bloom titled her head to the side and grinned at Flowey. “Aren’t you one to talk, Asriel? So, how about we finish up that plan of ours?”

Author's Note:

"Hmmm? Odd, someone really messed things up."

W♒♋t ♋r♏ you ♦♋●king about? ✞⬜♓♍♏... my voice is different.

"Fun isn't it? Always nice to see someone dealing with chaos after they've bit off more than they can chew. Luckily, I've lightened up a bit, so as a good friend of mine usually asks, care for some tea?"

Tea?

"Oh yes, I just finished scouring Neighpal for the finest china. The tea really brings out the flavor of the porcelain."

You... eat the cup?

"You mean this entire time you've been here you didn't try to have a little fun with the whole 'trapped in an eternal maelstrom of energy?' Not even conjuring up a few cups?"

I wouldn't consider it... fun.

"Oh, then I have work to do."