• Published 9th Jan 2016
  • 7,898 Views, 271 Comments

Of Monsters and Girls - Fullmetal Pony



The girls of Canterlot High must confront an invasion of monsters from underground! Is everything as it seems? Equestria Girls/ Undertale Crossover

  • ...
12
 271
 7,898

Me

Look, the animation was okay, but the story just didn’t sell it to me after the Spirit Community arc.” Dash slurped up that last bits of her smoothie. “I mean, what was even up with that final villain?”

“Who cares?” Undyne huffed upwards, blowing back a few strands of her hair. “Seeing all those ultimate moves is what really mattered!”

Alphys fidgeted in her seat. “But, I mean, there was so much we didn’t see. We don’t even know if Momiji and Miki got together.”

“Who?” Dash and Undyne both asked.

“You know…” Alphys tucked in her chin and blushed. “They hung out with Posco’s group all the time and then… I guess the author just forgot about them.”

“Sounds about right.” Dash rested her hands against the back of her head and leaned back. “Shame, she really had a good series going for a bit.”

Undyne crossed her arms. “You’re both dweebs. The series was awesome start to finish.”

“Oooh!” Pinkie leaned over the booth shoved her head in between Alphys and Undyne. “Are you girls still talking about all those cool anime?”

“Pinkie!” Dash blushed deeply. “Not so loud!”

Undyne grinned. “This might be your greatest weakness.”

“Gah!” Dash groaned and slumped over the table. She then noticed that Pinkie was still staring at her. She pulled back and straightened up. “There something you need, Pinkie?”

Pinkie lifted a hand up to her hair and wrapped one of her curls around a finger. “Well, I didn’t want to interrupt you all being friends—or is it still frienemies?— but I can’t seem to reach Applejack or Mrs. Smith. I tried calling Big Mac and Applebloom too, but no one is picking up. Mrs. Smith said she could provide the drinks for tonight and it’s getting a little close on time.”

“You want me to go out and check?” Dash asked.

Pinkie’s eyes lit up and her smile widened. She zipped across the booth, clasped Dash’s hands and fell to her knees. “Could you? Could you, could you, could you? I’d go, but I’ve gotta work with Metty and Naptsy on the final touches!”

“Easy, Pinkie.” Dash pulled her hands out of Pinkie’s grasp and laid one on Pinkie’s shoulder. “I wanted to check in on AJ anyway since she’s been so busy at her farm dealing with stray monsters. Just leave it to me.”

Pinkie sprung up from the ground and let out a cheerful squee. A snort from Undyne made her sink back to the floor.

“It okay if I tag along?” Undyne asked. The rigidness of her face and the ferocity in her eye made everyone tense up. She then smiled. “If some monsters are misbehaving, I’ll put them in their place.”

“Not gonna challenge AJ to an arm wrestling match or something?” Dash chuckled.

“Depends. She as much of a hothead as you?” Undyne snickered.

“Ha, you wish. I might beat AJ at most stuff, but right now I bet she could kick both our injured butts.”

“Maybe no butt kicking until everyone is fully recovered?” Alphys suggested.

Undyne gave Alphys a hearty slap on the back. “We’re just playing around, Alphys. Think I’ve had enough of feeling like my back is stuck in Hotland anyway.” Undyne then turned to Dash. “So, when are we headed out?”

Dash glanced out the window at the sun hanging over the western sky. She then scootched out of the booth, grabbed her crutches, and balanced onto her good foot. “Best we get going now. Tonight’s gonna rock, so we let’s make sure it rocks hard!”

“Uh…” Alphys raised a claw but kept her head bowed. “S-speaking of rocking, would it be okay if I stuck around here?”

“No one is stopping you,” said Undyne. She saddled up close to Alphys, causing her blush to deepen. “What’s got you interested down here?”

“W-well,” Alphys gulped. “Mettaton and Napstablook h-have both been talking a lot about all these new performance and music devices, b-but I’ve been so busy with Twilight and Sunset and… stuff, that I haven’t really had time to look at any of it.”

“You silly nerd.” Undyne leaned in and gave Alphys a kiss on the cheek. Whatever yellow remained on Alphys’s face turned a heavy red. “Have fun.”

“Sheesh.” Dash shook her head. “Haven’t seen someone blush that much since Twilight asked what a—”

“Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie shot out a hand at blinding speed and pulled Dash’s mouth shut. “We promised never to mention that to anyone else!”

~~~

“Get out of here, Frisk,” Flowey growled.

Frisk was quivering so much it looked like they would fall over, but they managed to shake their head.

“Guh, you idiot, you don’t even know what’s going on,” Flowey huffed. He then turned his attention to Sunset. Sunset gulped and felt her skin crawl when Flowey’s eyes widened and gained beedy white pupils while his mouth grew fangs. “Neither do you, but I can see why these stooges were so obsessed with you. You’re different, aren’t you? That power of yours… something close to DETERMINATION yet not. I wonder what will happen…”

The bullets inched a little close to Sunset. “W-what do you want?”

“What do I want?” Flowey hummed. He then pressed the bullets right up against Sunset’s neck. “I want to pay THEM back for what THEY’VE done! And to do that, I’m going to tear through this sick joke!”

Sonata slumped her head forward. “M-mr. Flowey, w-what about us?”

“Shut up!” Flowey snapped and summoned more pellets around the Siren’s necks. “No one cares about your stupid magic anymore! You’re all just pawns, so you might as well be pawns to me instead o—”

A fireball flickered into existence and smashed into Flowey, knocking him out of Sonata’s hands and throwing him across the room. The bullets vanished. Sunset fell to her knees, gasping for air, and the Sirens shrieked and fled from the library.

Toriel lowered her hand, rushed over, and scooped Frisk. “Oh, my child, forgive me!”

Frisk reached up and gently placed a hand over Toriel’s mouth. They then shook their head.

“Oh… Yes, Frisk, I know you are a strong child, but I still worry about you, especially when you leave so suddenly and without telling me.” Toriel then looked over to Sunset, who was still on her knees but had managed to reign in her breathing. “Ms. Sunset, please forgive me, I have no ideas what those girls wanted, but that flower has caused some problems in the past. Please don’t hold it against him though, Frisk has told me he’s… not well.”

“maybe we just need to plant him outside.” Everyone twisted their heads upwards to see Sans laying atop a bookcase with Flowey floating beside him and snarling. Sans glanced at him with the slightest hint of a flicker in his left eye. Flowey froze, glared at Sans, and then snorted. “give him a sunnier disposition.”

Sunset glared up at Sans. “How long have you been there?”

“eh, long enough to know you really shouldn’t work yourself to the bone so much.” Sunset blinked and then Sans was on the ground. He then looked over to Toriel. “nice to see my door buddy, too. surface life going well?”

“Oh yes, Mr. Sans, Frisk has really been enjoying it being back and there’s been so many good books up here.”

“yeah, just look around us, you could say there’s a skeleton.”

Flowey groaned. “I’ll get THEM for this, I swear it.”

Sans floated Flowey closer to him. “what was that?”

Something tugged at Sans’ jacket and he looked down to see Frisk at his side.

“Don’t bother, Frisk,” Flowey spat. “I know what this guy’s really like. Oh, well, just get it over with.”

“well, I could, but that’s a lot of effort.” Sans sunk down and leaned against a bookcase. Flowey floated over to Frisk and the tinge of light blue that surrounded him vanished. “besides, i trust frisk on these sorts of things.”

Frisk smiled and bowed their head to Sans. They then looked at Flowey.

Flowey turned his head. Frisk mirrored his movements. This continued until Flowey had gone in a full circle in is pot. At this point, he snarled and bared his fangs at Frisk.

“Frisk,” he growled. “THEY’RE just using you. It’s even worse than before. It’s not just you this time, it’s everyone.”

Frisk drew back but then tightened their jaw.

The pupils returned to Flowey’s eyes. “Don’t be that stupid, Frisk. You think they actually care about you? I know they don’t.”

Frisk bit their lip.

“THEY didn’t tell you, did they?” Flowey glanced at Toriel, who had her hand raised at him. “Fine, come closer, so only you’ll hear this. I’ll show you what this is really all about.”

Frisk pressed their head close to Flowey and he whispered in their ear. Even from afar, Sunset could see the goosebumps racing up Frisk’s arms. The color drained from their face and Flowey pulled back wearing a demented grin.

“So what do you think now?” Flowey asked.

Frisk’s hands shook. Then, the shaking stopped and they stared straight at Flowey. “THEY made it better though.”

“You idiot!” Flowey snapped. “You’re smarter than that, Frisk! You know THEY can do it again!”

“But THEY haven’t!” Frisk yelled back. They then lowered their head and sniffled. A few tears dropped onto the floor. “Please, you’re here now. That’s what matters.”

“I’m not him, Frisk.” Flowey turned his back to Frisk. “He already told you that.”

“But he’s still there,” Frisk said with a cracking voice. “If you were like before, you would’ve tried to hit me too.”

“I…”

“M-ms. Pinkie is throwing a big party soon,” Frisk continued. “You should come too. You… you only get scary when you’re alone.”

Flowey turned and yelled, “I don’t want to be with these pawns! I want… I want…”

Frisk was staring straight at Flowey despite their puffy eyes and quivering chin.

“Damn it.” Flowey wilted a little. “Fine. THEY want to make you sad if I don’t go, then I’m not given them that satisfaction at least.”

A small smile formed on Frisk’s face.

“But,” Flowey said in a grave tone that made Frisk and everyone else in the room shiver, “If THEY try anything, I will make them pay.”

Frisk took a breath and then nodded. They then marched over to Toriel and looked up at her.

“Well, my child,” said Toriel, “I do not fully understand what just happened, but I know you are trying to do what is best for everyone, and it seems this flower doesn’t want you to get hurt at least. I am here to help you with anything if you need me.”

Frisk turned their head and looked over to Sunset.

“I see.” Toriel nodded. “You’re right, Ms. Shimmer has done a lot for us, so I can stay here and help. You just call me if you need anything.”

Frisk smiled up at Toriel and then took Flowey to another corner of the library. Toriel made her way over to Sunset and knelt beside her.

“Mr. Sans?” She looked over to the bookcase Sans was resting, but he was sound asleep. Toriel shook her head and looked back over to Sunset, taking in the deep bags under her eyes. “I don’t know how he does it, but perhaps take a page from his book.”

Sunset opened her mouth to reply, but stopped when she felt a warmth wash over her. She looked down and saw Toriel’s paws encased in a crackling glow as they glided over her torso. The weight on her eyes and the ache from her neck down to her feet lightened and her heartbeat slowed.

In a blink, she was staring down at a small cut on a her furred leg. There had been shards of glass and the burnt remains of spellbooks all around her. She had sniffled as the warm glow of magic told hold her. She had not dared to look up.

“Sunset,” Celestia had said in the softest tone she could muster. “Are you…”

“...okay?”

Sunset opened her eyes and was back in the library. Toriel was still beside her, but had retracted her paws.

“Ms. Shimmer?” she asked. “Are you okay?”

“Yes…” Sunset placed a hand on her forehead and took a breath. “Still just a little out of it.”

“And yet you seem so DETERMINED. That magic of yours is quite interesting.”

“My…” Sunset drew her hand back a little through her hair and felt an ear poking up through it. Her brow raised and she looked back to see that her hair now extended across the floor. A little bit of red rose up to her cheeks. “Oh.”

“Is there something wrong?” Toriel asked.

“No, I guess.” Sunset took a breath and her ears and hair reverted to their normal state. “It’s been a long time since somepony used a healing spell on me and it made me think back to… a different time.”

“I see.” Toriel took a breath and smiled. “It’s nice to see that DETERMINATION and magic have developed like that on the Surface.”

“Yeah, I guess it is.” Sunset smiled. Her pocket then buzzed. Pulling her phone out, she looked at the text. A bit of sweat formed on her brow. “Oh geez, it’s this late already? I’m not gonna have enough time to get ready.”

Sans hopped off the ground and mosied over to Sunset. “don’t worry. i know a shortcut.”

Sunset pursed her lips. “To my house?”

“i got shortcuts everywhere. i couldn’t stand actually having to walk the whole way.” Sans shrugged and bent his skull close to Sunset’s ear. “I owe you for helping Frisk, too.”

Before Sunset could say anything, Sans lifted her off the ground. For a moment, it felt like Sunset was weightless before she found herself back on her feet. Sans pulled her along, and Toriel waved them off.

“oh, and door buddy, you should check out this party too,” Sans said while he continued to lead Sunset deeper into the library. “this one girl may have even us beat in puns, and I hear she’s might get some accordion sandwich guy to come too. worth checking out.”

“Uh, Sans?” Sunset asked. “We’re going the wrong w—”

The world bent and pressed around Sans and Sunset and then popped like a balloon. There was a great roar of a vacuum. Then, with another pop, Sunset found herself in her small, spartan apartment.

Sans released his grip on Sunset and plopped himself on the old, shedding couch in the middle of the room. “mind if just rest up here ‘till you’re ready?”

Sunset crossed her arms. “Mind if I ask you what’s up with the lazybones act?”

“Heh-heh,” Sans chuckled and shook his head. When he looked back up at Sunset, his pupils were gone. “I’m just doing my part and keeping an eye out for trouble”

Sunset shivered when San’s lit up with an ethereal pupil and a golden iris.

Sans lowered his head and leaned back. “luckily, you and your friends seem to have everything under control. so, like i said when we met, I have no bones to pick with you. oh, and props for the pun. best hurry up now. I’m gonna catch a quick nap.”

Sunset kept her arms crossed and stared at Sans for a few moments, but he appeared to nod off instantly. With a deep breath, she made her way over to her bedroom.

~~~

Undyne’s fingers dug into the door handle.

“Come on,” said Dash. “Watch the upholstery.”

“How can I be sure you won’t use this damn thing against me?”

Outside the car, a stop sign whizzed by. Ahead, the road narrowed and grew a bit more rugged, with some rocks, dirt, and dust marking the edges of it.

“Heh, now who knows whose ultimate weakness?” Dash’s lips curled into a grin. “Can’t wait ‘till I make pro, then I’ll get a real monster to drive in.”

Undyne brought her free hand up to her mouth and let out a sickly cough. “I don’t know how Papyrus can like these things.”

“Aw,” Dash groaned. “This is just a thing that gets to you? Darn, I was hoping to pay that bag of bones back for scaring Fluttershy.” Dash shrugged. “Oh well, I’ll just have to come up with a different prank for him.”

A little ways down the road, Dash slowed down as a pair of gates came into view. They were both open with one hinging back and forth in the wind. Dash gripped the wheel and pulled forward.

Undyne glanced out the window. The orchards were marred with piles of upturned earth. Tunnels criss crossed the fields.

“Sheesh, no wonder Applejack’s been so busy,” said Dash. “This place looks like a warzone.”

Undyne snapped the door handle into pieces. Dash slammed on the breaks. Before Dash could say anything, Undyne tore off her seatbelt and bolted out of the car.

“What the heck!?” Dash shouted. She put the car in park and limped after Undyne.

“No, no, no,” Undyne said in rapid succession as she knelt nearby.

Her arm shook when she stretched it out into a thick pile of dust. It was coarse in her hands. A light breeze kicked up and sent the upper layer of dust into the wind. Undyne watched the dust scatter out of her hand. More piles lay around her and further out in the fields and by the orchards.

By now, Dash had managed to hobble close by. “The heck got into you?”

“No,” Undyne muttered.

Dash raised an eyebrow. “What?”

“No!” Undyne roared and slammed a fist into the earth. A sizeable crater formed beside her. She raised her arm and brought it down again and again while screaming, “No! No! No!

She launched onto her feet and summoned her spear. With a snarl, she tore off toward the farmhouse.

“Wh-wait!” Dash called out. Her wings exploded out of her back and she gave chase to Undyne.

Adrenaline coursed through Undyne’s veins and kept the fire roaring up her back at bay. She plowed up the farmhouse steps and barreled inside. Dash zoomed in after her and nearly plowed right into her. Both stood frozen taking in the room. The scent of dust was thick in the air. The walls and furniture were covered in it. Thick piles of it were strewn across the floor.

The only area inside not marked with dust was where the Apples laid across the ground.

Dash rushed over to Applejack and lifted her torso onto her knees. “Applejack! C’mon! Say something.”

Applejack let out a low groan. Her head then flopped to the side.

“Bastard!” Undyne hissed. Spears materialized around her. “I’ll make whoever did this pay!”

“Wait!” Dash shouted, but Undyne had already stormed off into another section of the house. Dash looked at Applejack and then the rest of her family. She clenched her teeth. “Damn it!”

Summoning all the strength she could, Dash slung Applejack over her shoulder and pumped her wings. She managed to maintain a hover while bobbing up and down. Sweat streaked down her face.

“Just hold tight, Applejack,” she huffed. “Just gotta get you to the car an—”

Dash’s world exploded into a blinding white flash of pain. Gravity took hold of her again when her wings faded away. Everything was ringing. Her whole head shook from the force of whatever had struck her. She was out before she hit the floor.

Her assailant looked down at her limp body and smiled. “Time for the fun to start.

Author's Note:

Made it in time for the anniversary!
Sorry for the delay in chapters, but IRL issues are IRL issues and take precedence.
Seems I'm not the only one that got in on the anniversary if Steven Universe is anything to go by.