• Published 9th Jan 2016
  • 15,828 Views, 544 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Becomes a Changeling Queen, Book 1 - bahatumay



Twilight Sparkle has been through some interesting changes in her life. She wasn't quite ready for this one.

  • ...
30
 544
 15,828

Chapter 7

Shining Armor had snuggled with Cadence enough times to know when she was angry or upset. That one time she'd seen him hugging another mare? It was as if she'd become a rigid block of ice every time he even tried to brush up against her.

Of course, he being the thick-headed pony he was, it had taken him all that night and most of the next day to figure out what she was so upset about. It had finally dawned on him when she had had a stunned and speechless reaction when he introduced her to his cousin from Whinnyapolis who was in town just for the weekend. She had later apologized. Repeatedly.

And quite physically as well.

Tonight, though, there was something else on her mind, and it wasn't Shining's fault this time. She barely noticed him when he climbed onto the bed and pulled her into being his little spoon. She didn't flinch when his hooves began gently prodding at her body and poking at her hips, and she didn’t respond to his gentle nuzzling of her neck.

When she didn't even react to his ear-biting, though, he knew he had to speak. “You're worried about Twilight, aren't you?”

Cadence chuckled mirthlessly. “Was it that obvious?”

Shining ignored that question. “Cadence, she killed Queen Chrysalis, by herself,” he said. “I really don’t think there’ll be anything she can’t handle.”

“I know; but…”

“I trust her,” he said firmly. “Celesia trusts her. She'll be fine.”

“Yeah, but…”

Shining pulled her close. “She'll be fine,” he repeated. “She's staying here in the castle tonight, anyway, and Luna's guards are standing watch over the mini-hive tonight. They take their job seriously. I'd bet anything it's locked down tighter than a noble's coinpurse. Trust me. No changeling's getting out of that cave tonight.”

* * *

Twilight's door opened, and a changeling slid inside, clinging to the ceiling. He grinned. “Took me a while to find you, your highness,” he whispered. He crept along the ceiling, heading towards Twilight's bed. He was silent as he went…

...until something hard and sharp hit him on the back of the head, causing him to simultaneously squeak in surprise and lose his grip on the ceiling. He quickly dropped to the ground, and landed with a crunch.

“Knew I shouldn't accept that offer of my own room,” Spike grumbled, picking up a second gemstone and cocking his arm back for another throw.

The changeling shot to his hooves, fangs bared… and then he froze. “A dragon,” he breathed, taking a step back.

Spike didn't understand the word that came out of the changeling's mouth, but he certainly understood the tone and his body language. “Yeah, that's right,” Spike growled, tossing the ruby up once as intimidatingly as he could before catching it and pointing it at him threateningly. “A dragon. Twilight's got a guard dragon. And right now that dragon wants to know why you're in Twilight's room.”

Twilight sat up, awoken by the noise. “Who in what room?” she asked blearily. Her eyes narrowed as she noticed the changeling there. “Is there a reason you're in my room at…” She glanced at the clock. “...one in the mor-” She did a double take. “One in the morning?!”

The changeling cowered slightly. “I was ordered to be here,” he explained.

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “By whom?”

“Queen Chrysalis.”

Twilight glanced back at the clock, but it hadn't changed; it still read near one in the morning. “Why?” she sputtered.

The changeling shuffled uncomfortably. “She thought me a skilled lover. Which, I am, I suppose; but...”

Twilight’s eyes widened. “Wait. Are you saying you came into my room with the express intent of mating with me?”

Spike's eyes widened as well. He was only understanding Twilight’s half of this conversation, but that half was sounding very disturbing. What had Twilight gotten herself into?

“Yes!” The changeling’s wide smile dimmed somewhat at Twilight’s bewildered expression. “Is that wrong?”

Twilight tapped her chin with a hoof. “Well, hmm, let me think about tha- Yes! Yes, it's wrong! Why would you do that? Why would she do that?”

“Well, I…” The changeling scratched the back of his neck and muttered something under his breath that Twilight could barely hear, and finished with, “and that’s very desirable for changeling females.”

Twilight cocked her head. “I don’t understand changeling anatomy yet,” she confessed.

The changeling nodded. “If I translated it to ponies, it would probably be...” And he finished that sentence whispering in her ear.

Twilight’s wings flared open, but she quickly brought herself back under control. “But I do not wish to have sex with a changeling," she protested.

Spike gagged once. On second thought, maybe he should have taken up Celestia on her offer of his own room, after all.

The changeling shrugged. “It was a standing order.”

Twilight blinked. “I rescind it,” she said.

The changeling sighed with relief. “My life-mate will be pleased.”

Twilight was taken aback. “You’re married too?” she asked. Perhaps it was a bit speciest, but she had trouble imagining all these changelings courting each other. They still all somewhat looked the same to her.

The changeling looked down and scuffed a hoof. “Well, not technically--Chrysalis didn’t want her lovers attached to anypony else--but we’re-”

Twilight’s voice nearly raised an octave. “And she made you do this anyway?”

“Yes...?”

“Every night?”

He shook his head. “Not every night, no. She rotated between three or four of us.”

Twilight’s jaw dropped. When she was able to regain some control over herself, she scrambled to her hooves on top of her covers and shouted, “Royal decree number two! Any other standing orders that involve sensual conduct with me are hereby rescinded!”

The changeling shuddered briefly as the royal decree pulsed across the hive. In slight contrast, Spike shuddered at the thought of a changeling kissing Twilight.

Twilight inhaled deeply, held her breath for a few moments, and then slowly exhaled. “I’m almost afraid to ask; but are there any other royal decrees I should be aware of before I can go back to sleep?”

The changeling shrugged. “Most of her decrees were along the lines of ‘get out of my way’ or ‘go clean pits and don’t stop until your hooves are bleeding’ or ‘leave my hive and never return’.”

Twilight shook her head, unable to comprehend this. To her, that was wrong on so many levels. "But why?" she asked.

The changeling shrugged. "She was the queen. Her commands were always right.”

“She was doing something wrong,” Twilight growled, now feeling tainted.

The changeling looked conflicted. The old queen had told him that as queen, she could do no wrong. But here was another queen, who could also do no wrong, saying that what the old queen was doing was wrong. Both queens could not be right at the same time. Whatever was a simple changeling to do?

Twilight noticed his confusion and decided to give him something else to do before he hurt himself. “Tell you what. Here is your new order. You go home to your life-mate, and treat her like you would have treated me tonight.”

The changeling’s eyes widened. “Are you serious?”

“As a heart attack.”

The changeling blinked and cocked his head. “What’s a heart attack, Princess?”

Twilight realized that she really had no idea how changeling anatomy worked. “Never mind. Just go.”

The changeling bowed and quickly darted out of the room.

Spike lifted a claw, lowered it again, and then decided to risk it. “What was that all about?” he asked.

Twilight placed the pillow over her face. “You don’t want to know.”

Author's Note:

Ok, I lied. Maybe there's a little bit more of the sex tag. :unsuresweetie: