• Published 9th Jun 2012
  • 1,000 Views, 24 Comments

Crossed Dimensions - Sparkling Shield

  • ...
15
 24
 1,000

Chapters 1 & 2

Chapter 1: The Crossing

My name is Nick Revel

Well, it's better if we start off with my life story.

My life, I can't even believe what happened. I was born into a fine family, but when economy took a hit; my dad was forced to divorce my mom when I was 5. My mom treated me like crap, only because she cared. Then she got into a car accident. I stood at her grave for hours, crying nonstop. Then, Jane was walking to her father's grave when she saw me. She got her mom, and then came over to me. This is when my life took for better. I was given clothes, food a place to sleep, and a family. I was treated like I was one of them, yet I felt out of place. Then, when I was 15, a show was Aired called “My little Pony, Friendship is Magic.”
This show changed my life.
I was taught Kindness to all, Honesty is the best policy, Laughter can change lives, Loyalty to those who you care for, Generosity leads to happiness, and that there is Magic in everything.
Then, we met Kevin when I turned 16, he was homeless because his family got in a car accident, and he was the only one who lived. Practically like a little brother to me, he asked me for help for a lot of things, since he lived in the country side. Then I introduced them to “My little Pony” and then they saw what I saw, and why I let Kevin stay with us. But, June's mother, I and Kevin's adopted mother passed away, but not before giving me her most prized position, the Family bracelet, passed down from generation. Then, she uttered a phrase I have never heard before. That phrase was “Believe in Magic, and you will live your Dreams.” I had no idea what it meant, but I would never trade it for anything I my life. We three had good enough education to start collage, but we bought a whole apartment that was 5 min. away from the collage grounds, and sold the house. I kept the bracelet all the time. But, there felt like a magical presence within the bracelet. I still can’t figure out its use. Then yesterday, as we were creating our pony personas, I got a strange uh… letter, with a diagram on it. That diagram brought us here, yet I can tell we were meant to be here.

Yesterday, Earth, the Apartment

“Nearly done, just need a cutie mark” I said contently
I was working on my OC character, Steam Streak, an Pegasus
He is a cyan Pegasus, with blue and dark blue mane and tail, randomly ends up as Twilight’s style
“Hey, Nick! The mail is here” That’s Kevin, my half-brother. He is shy, but it didn’t take long to be friends with him. Still reminds me of Fluttershy.
“There’s also seems to be a letter to all of us, not just bills and news” That third person is Jane, my half-sister. Yet, I get the feeling she wants to be more than that.
Jane’s OC was Silver Mist, a Unicorn, silver coat and yellow mane/tail, in Rainbow Dash’s style. She knew I liked Rainbow Dash, so it was obvious to use RD’s style.
Kevin’s I find strange. Flame Tail, also a Pegasus, had a black coat, pink mane/tail, and the ends of the feathers on his wings and tail looked like fire, hence, the name Flame Tail
He looks tough, but is soft on the inside
“I'm coming, just a sec”
I hit save, making sure that I finished making the OC’s (I'm the animator, editor, and color guy of the group) but since I had no time, we had no cute marks
‘Later I’ll finish up’ I thought
I made my way to the living room, seeing the mail strewn around on the coffee table.
Jane handed the strange letter to me

To Nick, Jane, and Kevin Revel
That bracelet is your key to a world of happiness, and love. On The strike of 12:30 am, hold hands and say
“Our lives were filled with torture and sadness. We lost the ones we loved, and wish to start anew.”
You will start over, but remember you will always have your friends by your side.
P.S. Stop torturing Jane, you know she loves you, so love her back.

PC

That last one caught me off guard, but I decided later, I will.
‘Why does the initial’s PC look familiar?’ I thought
I looked at the clock, and saw it was 12:20 at the moment.
I looked on the back of the letter and saw

*Almost forgot, don’t bring anything with you, just the letter and the bracelet

So I tucked the letter in my pocket, and told Jane and Kevin what to do, excluding the love part.
“But, how do we know it’s a place of happiness?” Kevin asked
“I guess we’ll have to see” I said
Then Jane said “please tell me you’ll bring the bracelet, it’s the only thing we have left of mom”
She had tears forming at her eyes
I wiped them away and said “Don’t worry; we need it to go there, remember?”
Jane nodded, and I looked at the clock. 12:30
I grabbed her hand and said “come on, its time”
We stood up, Kevin grabbed my hand, and we all said at the same time
“Our lives were filled with torture and sadness. We lost the ones we loved, and wish to start anew”
Before I knew it, the bracelet started glowing. It emitted a glow, which surrounded our bodies.
I closed my eyes, waiting for something to happen. Then I felt conciseness slipping away, and everything went black.

Chapter 2: The Arrival

When I woke, the first thing I saw were 6 ponies laying on the floor, except Fluttershy, who was sleeping at the foot of Kevin’s… wait, is that Kevin?
He looked like Kevin’s OC, and then I realized what happened
We were in Equestria.
That meant Jane was; Yep, Jane was Silver.
That meant I was Steam. I wasn’t surprised or curious. I felt, at peace; like I could make a difference in this world.
I sat up, and say the rest of the Mane 6, Applejack, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity.
Whey was sleeping, yet I had no idea why they would stay with us, when we just dropped into this town.
When I looked closely at mine, Jane’s, and Kevin’s body, when my vision was clear, I saw we had cuts bruises, and I had a nasty gash on my neck
Then I heard a voice in my head, like it was from some time earlier.

“Nurse Redheart, are you sure”
“Yes, I’m sure Twilight. These ponies might not make it another day”
I saw a memory pop in my head, like it was during that time.
Nurse Redheart walked out of the room. Then, Twilight walked over to my bed, and laid hoof on my head, and kissed my cheek.
Then I heard Twilight say “I don’t want a handsome stallion to die, not when I haven’t had the chance to talk or the chance to make 3 new friends”
Twilight lay down on the floor to sleep near my bed, and as the memory fast-forwarded, I saw the others walk in, but not trying to wake Twilight, instead; decided to sleep with her, Fluttershy obviously going to sleep at the foot of the bed of the pony that had the same hair color and style, just shorter.
And with that, the memory ended. I must had my eyes open, but only slightly, so they couldn’t tell if I was awake, thus, allowing me to have the memory.
I sat there, waiting for the others to wake up.
The first one was Applejack, who said out loudly “Well, look at that, you’re already up ‘n about”
This caused the others to wake, including Kevin and Jane.
Then, Nurse Redheart walked in the room, and said in surprise “well, looks like the survivors are awake”
I was confused, and asked “What, happened to us?”
Jane also added “Yeah, it feels if like I got hit by a train”
I looked at Kevin, who was looking away, at the wall, His shyness kicking in.
Surprisingly, Fluttershy went and talked to Kevin, in so low voices, only they could hear each other.
I looked back at Nurse Redheart who was looking at Twilight
Twilight then said “Fine, I’ll tell them what happened. I was on a walk to the Park to meet up with everyone for a picnic. Then as I was walking, a Manticore came out of nowhere. But, before it could attack me, I saw a bright flash, and three knocked out ponies landed on its head. It’s started flailing; giving the cuts you have, flung into the ground, which gave you guys bruises. Before I could transport it away, it slashed you at the neck, uh…”
“Steam Streak”
“Alright, Steam. It slashed out at the neck, which made you lose the most blood. I teleported Dash to me and Fluttershy came up, and we carried you to here, the Hospital.”
“Then Nurse-“
“Nurse Redheart said we might not make it another day, I know.”
Twilight was surprised “How did you-“
“I made a memory. Apparently, my mind wasn’t able to proses it until I was fully awake. And I know what you said, but I hold nothing against you”
Twilight looked way, blushing.
Rarity spoke up “What do you ever mean by that Steam Streak”
“Two things; One, call me Steam, not my full name, two, I can’t tell you what I mean. It’s a secret, and I know you’ll try to find it, but don’t. It will make it more complicated.”
Rarity nodded, apparently understanding.
Then I felt my wings being examined by Rainbow, who was surprised at the design of it.
“Hey, how did you get such cool wings? They are like, 20% cooler than mine!” she said.
I looked at them. They were my cyan colored wings, but they had the same style as Dash, and at the ends of the feathers were red tips.
‘I never used red tips, but it blends well’ I thought
“I don’t know exactly, I guess they were always like that” I replied
Dash seemed to accept this, and floated back over to the others.
Then Nurse Redheart said “Well, its looks like you three can go now. For some odd reason, I got a permit from Princess Celestia saying it was ok”
“Oh, that was me. I sent a letter to the Princess.”
‘Princess Celestia? That’s who PC was!’
“Who was what now?” Pinkie picked up
“Wait how… never mind, I’ll just go with it.”
After I said that, I got up and Help Jane off, seeing that her leg was broken,
Then I saw Kevin and Fluttershy hugging. The others looked at what I was looking at, and we all said “AWWWW”
This made them jump up, give a small scream or yelp of some sorts, and made them hide under the bed.
I shook my head and chuckled. As much as I knew, Kevin and Fluttershy made a perfect couple. Once we got then out from under the bed, the 9 of us set out to the library as, Twilight suggested. I had to carry Silver cause of the broken leg. We had to use our OC names, or we blow it. Having a chance to start over, it can’t be ruined.

This is the start of something I can’t explain.

Yet.