• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 1,374 Views, 44 Comments

Into the League - Seth Typofather



A few champions from the League of Legends find themselves stranded in a world only thought to be a myth.

  • ...
2
 44
 1,374

Chapter 2

After a lengthy conversation of explaining where Ashe came from and the state of their homeland, Runeterra, Twilight stared in awe at the notes she took describing everything the archer had told the princess “So let me get this straight, you’re a queen? And this… monkey-?“

“Not a monkey!” Tryndamere screamed from across the table.

“Ahem, and this guy, is your husband?”

Ashe nodded. “Correct.”

“And you two came from a world where you have magic too, and you live in a kingdom ruled by three dominant tribes which are battling over their ideals on how to rule what you call the Freijlord?” Twilight asked, her quill prepared to edit any notes. “You know, you’re taking this whole being in another world thing quite well.”

“I have seen and experienced things that are far stranger than this, also, your summary is correct- dear! Stop pestering the dragon!” She glared daggers at her husband who was poking Spike curiously. “Pet of yours?”

“Pet?!” cried out Spike, hopping onto the table to be the centre of attention. “I’m no pet, I’m Twilight’s personal number one assistant!” He stated placing a claw to his chest proudly.

“Pretty shrimpy one…” Tryndamere muttered under his breath, receiving another glare from his wife. “What? I’m bored!”

Spike hopped off the table, pulling his face with a forked tongue stuck out at the barbarian who returned the favour with a snarl, sending the baby dragon running for the door.

“Sorry about my husband.” Ashe placed her forehead in her palm. “He can be a handful if he gets restless, I think he may just be uncomfortable being in a place so odd to him or it could be his rage bubbling up again.”

“Rage?” Twilight questioned, opening a page in her notebook.

The archer rested back in the crystal chair, thinking back to her husband’s past. “He has a deep rooted affliction which causes him to lash out, if I remember he had his own tribe. However, they were all slaughtered when he was young. A dark figure looming over them, giving the raiders unheard strength…”


“Kill them all!” a raider cried out. The rest of the raiders roared in unison as they charged down to the tribe, torches lit and swords bared. “Leave none alive!”

“Raiders at the gates!” roared the gate watcher, ringing the alarm. “Raiders at the ga-“ His warning was cut short by a flaming arrow lodging itself in his neck. Unable to scream, his limp form fell over the side of the wooden watchtower into a hut, setting it ablaze. The whole tribe’s warriors were called to arms, all ready to fight off the raiders the second they entered.

Without warning the gates burst open, a flurry of arrows and spears raining down upon the front line, the unfortunate without shields falling before their comrades. Tryndamere stood firm, wielding his blade and swung without pause at the first wave of attackers. They dropped like flies, steel clashing and sending sparks. The Northern Barbarians forced back the onslaught of raiders, blood staining the snow red. Favour seemed to smile upon the brave defenders, until a figure arrived from the shadows. Wielding a cruel living sword, eyes glowing red as the spreading blaze, torn wings flapping like a cape, Aatrox had arrived. The mere presence of the Avatar of War had caused an inhuman response from the raiders, something that would scar Tryndamere to this very day.

Raiders began flooding the area, eyes bloodshot and foaming at the mouth with rage beyond human comprehension. Tryndamere turned to Aatrox, charging forth with all his might. The foul creature did not even lift his sword, instead swatting the barbarian like a fly aside with a claw-like hand, mortally wounding him. Coughing up blood, Tryndamere struggled to stand, only able to watch as his home, his friends and family become engulfed by the forest of flames that grew. Only he was left standing amidst the army of raiders glaring at him with their weapons ready. Finally, something grew within him. An uncontrollable feeling to unleash his anger upon all who stood in his path. Gripping his blade, Tryndamere roared out, shaking the very mountains his demolished home resided near. Aatrox grinned.

Cutting his way through the raiders, their weapons unable to impede his unstoppable assault, Tryndamere roared out as he raised his weapon to strike his nemesis. Aatrox smiled with satisfaction at his work, his greatest creation complete. Before Tryndamere’s blade could even get near, the Avatar of War withdrew into the shadows as quickly as he came. Unable to contain his anger, he lashed out at the remaining raiders until he was hacking at corpses through the night before coming to his senses.

His home gone, and the one who caused it all had gotten away. To this day, Tryndamere forged his body to become an instrument of revenge, rage being his weapon.


“Amazing…” Twilight gasped, her notes sprawled all over her side of the table. “And you married him? I thought you were a pacifist?”

Ashe giggled then replied with, “Oh I am, you will not believe how often I’ve been asked that.” The archer and the princess shared a laugh as Tryndamere groaned in boredom, slowly smacking his helmeted head against the table. “When will those friends of yours come? I’m sure I would love to meet this… Fluttershy?” she questioned, making sure she got the name right.

Twilight nodded.

“It would be lovely to meet another fellow pacifist, where I’m from, not many people see eye to eye with me about fighting back with peace. Everywhere I go with my friends turns into a brawl. Everywhere! And for some reason, fighting always seemed to work! Gragas settled a dispute between warring tribes after beating the daylights out of them with his special brews.”

Tryndamere cackled. “He does know how to start a party!” He continued to laugh at various memories, setting his feet up on the table. “Remember during our wedding?”

“Vividly…” Ashe mumbled.

“What did happen during your wedding?” the princess inquired, curious and trying not to laugh at the thought.

“Well,” Tryndamere scooted in closer. “He thought it would be a great idea to use a fountain as a brewery, the water supply was tainted with his patented ‘Graggy Ice’ for the whole ceremony and we all ended up having a drunken brawl at the reception when everyone had raised their cups for a toast!” he said, bursting into laughter which was soon joined in by Twilight, much to the archer’s dismay.

“Oh my gosh!” Twilight giggled, cupping her muzzle with her hooves. “You two should meet my brother and sister in-law, their wedding was crazy too.”

“How so?”


“We then used our love to send the Changeling invasion packing,” Shining armour grinned, nuzzling Cadence.

Braum sat there with a tiny teacup in his hand, wiping a tear from his eye. “That was so beautiful, right friend?” the strongman nudged Lucian.

“Yeah,” The corners of his mouth did not even twitch.

“Is something the matter?” Cadence asked. “You seem upset.”

“I’m fine,” Lucian replied bluntly, taking a sip of the tea before putting the cup down and standing. “Thank you for your hospitality, but we really must get goin’.”

“Oh no you don’t,” Braum said, placing a hand on Lucian’s shoulder before he could leave through the crystalline door. “They offered to help us, gave us a roof over our heads and you want to go alone?”

“Don’t you get it?! If we’re here, then ‘he’ might be here too! We can’t just sit here and let him take souls from this world! The last thing I need is to rest!”

“He?” Questioned both Shining Armour and Cadence.


What delightful agony we shall inflict.