• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 1,368 Views, 44 Comments

Into the League - Seth Typofather



A few champions from the League of Legends find themselves stranded in a world only thought to be a myth.

  • ...
2
 44
 1,368

Prologue

“Deliver this, deliver that, whatever boss. ‘I don’t care if it’s a blizzard, Snowshoe, this package will make it to Ponyville from the Crystal Empire or I’m blacklisting your lazy ass.’ Fuck you too,” Snowshoe grumbled to himself, adjusting his winter goggles to protect his eyes from the blizzard. Out of all the available workers, he had to be called in on his day off. Maybe it was because of his dark brown coat that kept heat in that made him ideal for the task? The cold never seemed to bother him, he only wished he has a darker coloured mane and tail to keep the rest of him warm. “Why did I dye them aqua blue…?”

Deliveries were always a hassle for him, especially since he’s an Earth pony, Pegasi usually deliver in weathers such as this. The delivery Pegasi though just had to be off sick of all days, sickeningly convenient.

“Alright.” Taking out a map to view his current location on the snow covered road, he looked back up to see a crossroads sign. “Not too far now.” The wind picked up, snatching the map out of his hooves. “Wait! No!” he screamed, chasing the map. Unbeknownst to him, Snowshoe took the wrong direction to follow it. “Come back! Come back!” Snowshoe called out to his map, not that it would help.

Through the blizzard, the map disappeared into the distance. The pony, having realised the path he took far too late, turned to see the road has disappeared into the vast white waves of snow. From how far he galloped, it seemed he would have to consult his compass. Muttering insults to his boss, he rummaged through his saddlebag to find his trusty compass. Hoping to Celestia he didn’t leave it back home in his hurry, thankfully he did not.

Opening the lid to his compass, Snowshoe observed the needle point north. “Alright, take a right and continue forward. Should be straightforward.”

A low growl emanated from behind him. For a brief moment, the pony felt his heart skip a beat as the growl reached his ears. Spinning around to see what was stalking him, he was met with a cold, crystalline maw breathing cold air right into his face. He screamed, scrambling back. The Glacier Wolf growled at him before rearing back and howling. Following behind were two other Glacier Wolves, freezing smoke pouring out their gaping maws. One bite and you freeze slowly, before becoming a statue as a reminder to those who dare enter Glacier Wolf territory. Unlike Timberwolves, these creatures were rare and physically indestructible. The jaws of the pack leader snapped at Snowshoe, slowly approaching.

Seeing no other option, Snowshoe grabbed the package from his saddlebag and threw it at the wolves, knocking the pack leader square in the snout, shattering it. While the other two were distracted, he turned tail and galloped as fast as his legs could take him. “Fuck this shit! I’m quitting if I make it out alive!” The snow crunched beneath his hooves each time they struck, the biting cold fended off by his adrenaline rush. Swearing quietly with each breath, Snowshoe turned his head to see if the pack were still in pursuit of him. His heart leap out of his chest as the frigid fangs of the wolf snapped just inches away from his leg, catching the tip of his tail instead which froze almost instantly, breaking off.

In a panic, Snowshoe’s eyes darted to the nearest cliffside. Without a second thought, he made a mad dash for the edge, leaping off. The fall was shorter than expected, his tumbling body met with a slope, rolling him into a parallel slope far steeper than the one the pony had descended from. Once his vision cleared, Snowshoe was met with the whole pack staring at him with fierce, hungry eyes. The pack leader stepped forth, ready to pounce. Seeing no other way out of this, the pony shut his eyes tightly, covering his face with a foreleg.

“Not so fast!” a heavily accented voice called out, followed by a projectile of ice in the shape of the head of a goat smashing into the pack leader. As if planned, a quick beam of energy shot through the leader, tearing it apart. Glacier wolves were able to regenerate in mere seconds, this however was no physical attack.

Slowly opening his eyes, Snowshoe was met with two tall figures standing on two legs. One was tall and brawny, holding a large shield decorated with a goat’s head with a broken horn on the front. The other was shorter and thinner, wielding two guns. The second figure spun the guns in his hands. “We’re gonna need more coffins,” he said with a visible smirk, taking aim at the rest of the pack who were snarling in his direction. The air was filled with Glacier Wolf shards within seconds of the smaller figure blasting away, the larger figure resting against his shield to watch the light show with an odd ball of fur resting on his shoulder.

“Do not overdo it, friend!” called out the large male, turning his head to the confused pony, giving a wave. “Hello, my name is Braum. What is your name, little friend?” Unable to answer from shock, Snowshoe jabbered incoherently while trying to comprehend the events unfolding before him. The small ball of fur hopped off of the tall man’s shoulder and onto the pony’s lap. Usually he would have knocked it away out of fear, but the way it nuzzled against him made him feel safe. It made an odd purring sound before hopping down to the snowy ground nearby, panting like a dog with a tongue as big as its face. “I see brave Little Arrow likes you,” Braum said with a smile that raised his moustache.

After regaining some of his senses, Snowshoe said, “M-My name is S-Snowshoe.” He saw the slimmer figure approach, spinning the guns before resting them upon its shoulders. “Who’s he?”

“Name’s Lucian,” Lucian replied. “Any later and you would have ended up wolf chow, or a statue. Shouldn’t you be headin’ off?”

“Uhm, well, I dunno. I’m gonna lose my job anyway, I’m late for my delivery and I threw the package away to keep those things off of me.”

“Can we escort him?” piped up Braum, giving a hopeful grin. “I always wondered what other wonders this land has!”

Giving thought about it, Lucian tapped the guns on his shoulders to get his mind going. They were stranded and without food, coming across the pony was a stroke of luck. Perhaps the other inhabitants will be as welcoming? Shrugging, Lucian replied with a small smirk. “Why not?”

Unable to contain his joy, Braum punched the air with a hearty laugh.