• Published 22nd Jan 2016
  • 308 Views, 0 Comments

The RoseLuck chronicles #1: The Madman and his box - Trixterforrester



Hello, my name is Roseluck; I'm an earth pony, from a land known as equestria, and this is a record of my time aboard the TARDIS.

  • ...
 0
 308

Chapter two: The lady in pink

As I lead my new acquaintance towards town I noticed a few things that where quite weird about him, aside from the obvious transformations, freakish form, and blue box of crashing, rather little things that he didn't seem to know that to me seemed like rather trivial bits of knowledge; for example he didn't know about cutie marks, that magic existed or how we put the fillings into cakes with hooves.

But most surprisingly of all, he seemed genuinely shocked when I told him about Celestia and Luna, and their abilities over the sun and moon respectively.

"So let me get this straight, you have two standing monarchs that not only are referred to as princesses and not queens, but they are also in control of this planets major celestial bodies?"

"Well yes, why doesn't your world work like that?"

"No, most if not all habitable planets orbit their respective stars, not the other way around" he answered

"That's...weird, how do you know when it's going to rise if it's not on a schedule?"

"We just time it and run off of that" he said

As he started to explain the nature of astrophysics to me I noticed something jumping towards our general direction, something pink, curly, and spotted in icing.

"And another thing I don't get, how do you measure years if you aren't orbiting the sun, I mean days can be stimulated but not yea-OOF!"

The Doctor didn't get to finish he train of thought as I shoved him behind some conveniently placed boxes in an attempt to hide him from this eccentric new arrival

"Heeeeeey Pinkie" I said trying to look casual and not suspicious in the slightest "what's up?"

"Oh hey Rose, I was going down to the train station to collect the new shipment of sugar all the way from saddle arabia, to top up our supplies of fondant after somepony broke in and ate it all" Pinkie said grinning, unaware of the Doctor, who was crouched down behind the boxes and chuckling his flank off.

"That's great, I was just hoofing my way back to my store, getting back in the saddle and getting my flank into gear" as I kept talking I noticed that the Doctor was giggling more and more.

"Is there somepony back behind those boxes?"

"Oh nopony at all, just some er... enchanted flowers I was taking back to the store" I said, starting to sweat, as I was sure my lie would fall though at any moment, and this feeling was supported with the fact that Pinkie was starring at me quite intently as the Doctor kept giggling in the background.

"Great!" said Pinkie as she returned to her usual state of cheeriness, "need a hoof with any of it?"

"Oh nonono I'm fine thanks" I said hurriedly before looking down at my non-existent watch, "Would you look at the time, I must be off now, bye!"

As I started to jog down the street I was stop be Pinkie.

"WAAAAIIIIT!"

I then turned around to see Pinkie reach down behind the boxes and lift up the Doctor who was on the verge of experiencing a pun related meltdown, until both turned to looked each other in the eyes, this went on for about a minute until the Doctor asked her if she was alright, to which Pinkie let out a gigantic gasp and fled from the area.

"You don't think I scared her off do you" said the Doctor as he picked himself up off of the ground

"No, she probably went of to start planing your welcome to Ponyville party, it's kind of her thing"

"Well then, I guess I'll go and see that later...probably...maybe..." he said, tapping his chin before grinning, "Ah why not, I am on holiday and a pony party sounds like it could be fun"

"They usually are, I tend to supply snacks in the form of tulip salads" I said

"Then why did you hide me?"

"I didn't know if aliens liked parties or not and I didn't want to start a war over some misunderstanding"

"Well I promise I won't start any war, alright then Ms. Luck, on with the tour."

---

As we continued to wander around town, stopping by the 'Quill & Sofa' quickly to grab my order of eagle feather number 2 quills, only for them to be out of stock (again).
We then stopped by the library which rather tickled the Doctors interests ("putting books into a tree, now that's just counter productive"), as I talked to the librarians assistant for all of two minutes before the Doctor came back saying that he had finished everything and was ready to move on.

This was more or less how the rest of the day went up until it became 3 o'clock, the time at which all of Pinkies welcome parties take place, usually outside of or in the town hall, with some exceptions including twilight's party and that one time a giant snake snuck into town with a false passport.

As we arrived to the Doctors (or as Pinkie called him: 'mr. brown chuckle pony', in absence of his real name) we managed to meet up with a couple of my friends and introduced them to the Doctor, although I didn't reveal anything about him being an alien, instead I told them that he was my cousin from Trottingham who was visiting for a unspecified amount of time, which they all excepted as the truth.

As the party went on I watched from the sidelines as the Doctor went from entertaining the masses with his tales of previous adventures, inhalation of confectionaries, and a verity of party tricks involving daisies, tablecloths and a generation 4 fusion matrix.
This continued until he happened to witness magic for the first to time, a sight which made him drop his slice of cake in order to rush over to the unicorn in question (who I believe was called Amethyst Star) and started to scan her horn with the weird metal stick, but as he did so all of the unicorns at the party started screaming in agony as their horns lit up and started discharging everywhere.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?!" I shouted as I rushed towards the Doctor

"I don't know, I was just seeing what that magic stuff was made up of and then all of a sudden all hell broke loose" he said as he clamoured around the various unicorns effected,

"The magic in question seems to be composed of highly concentrated psychic energy, but I can't see how they could all be effected by a sonic screwdriver unless they where all robots or connected by a telepathic field of the same frequency"

He continued to dash around until he reached a unicorn friend of mine called Lyra, "WAIT! I HAVE AN IDEA!"
An idea that he tested out by head butting her.
"Yep, definitely a telepathic field" he said rubbing his head, "she'll be ok, although you might find that she has knowledge of humans from now on along with a splitting headache."

"So what do we do now?" I asked him

"WE do nothing, I'm going to the TARDIS in order to reach the source of the signal and switch it to a different frequency, YOU are going to stay here and stop anyone from creating a stampede, see ya" he said as he ran off back towards my house

"Oh you are not ditching me like that space Colt!" I shouted as I ran after him, towards that blue box that would change everything.