• Published 14th Mar 2016
  • 4,034 Views, 243 Comments

Legacy of Kain: Harmony's Rise - Time Reaper



Raziel has accepted his fate in the Soul Reaver, bringing a chance for the restoration of Nosgoth and the defeat of The Elder God. But the Elder God, not accepting defeat so easily, has decided to escape to a new realm and Raziel will give him chase.

  • ...
4
 243
 4,034

Chapter 18: The Gala of Friendship

Twilight and her friends were trying to convince the soldiers to let them pass into the upper floors with frustration going through their veins as they couldn't find a way to pass them and, that way, try to stop the fight between Princess Celestia and Raziel.

"Come on!" - Shouted Rainbow Dash. - "We are the Elements of Harmony, you know, the ones who defeated Nightmare Moon! We must go there to help Princess Celestia!"

The guard remained stoic.

"I have orders from the Captain of the Royal Guard to not let any civilian enter and that's final."

"If that's the case, will thee let them pass if thy princess orders thee?"

Everypony turned around and saw Princess Luna getting close to them with her royal regalia and with an authoritative aura that told everyone that she was intending to pass through. The guard remained stoic, hiding any kind of distrust or suspicion towards the princess that once was Nightmare Moon and escaped from the tower hiding the Elements of Harmony when Princess Celestia needed her help.

"I can let your majesty pass" -. He said with his stoic voice. - "But I cannot guarantee that the Elements will be safe if they pass."

"Then We will go first and, should We see that the area is safe, thee shall let them pass after Us."

The guard accepted the order and moved away as the princess of the night looked at the elements and explained their idea.

"As brave as thee can be, We cannot put thy life at risk. Especially if we cannot assure how big is the threat."

Rarity quickly interjected to defend their ghastly friend as he was burning the bathroom that Celestia freezed in the hopes of capturing him.

"If I may, Princess Luna, if Princess Celestia is fighting who I think she is fighting with, then I assure you that we are in no danger."

"Yeah" -, continued the energetic Rainbow Dash as she was restraining herself of dashing through, - "Raziel would never harm us, that would be not cool, and that is why we must go there and tell Princess Celestia that Raziel isn't a threat before she damages him."

For the first time since the Nightmare Moon incident, both princess and scholar looked at each other in the eye and made a silent agreement of their understanding of who was in real danger on this fight and Luna made that opinion being voiced.

"As certain as thee may be, Rainbow Dash, We cannot assure thee for safety as there can be recoil from the ongoing fight between our sister and the creature she is fighting against. So We shall go first to make sure that it's safe for thee. Agreed?"

The six mares looked at each other and silently nodded before Twilight made her response.

"Understood Princess Luna. We shall let you go first to ensure the safety of the place but I insist on hurry before something bad could happen."

Luna agreed and moved as fast as she could to the upper floors. Not a minute passed before her voice could be heard thanks to the Canterlot Voice telling them of how safe it was for them to pass. As they moved, the dark sound surrounding them was starting to become nauseating, making them want to create a conversation to lighten up the mood.

"Twilight" -, started the honest Apple, - "Ah am aware that you know Raziel better than any of us, so Ah would like to know, how bad do you think this could go?"

As they went up on the stairs, Twilight let her mind go back to that first day she met Raziel and how he was capable of keeping a conversation between himself and Nightmare Moon. The finesse of his words, the Nightmare's clever responses, how Raziel went from a peaceful creature to one ready to destroy Nightmare Moon and how close he was to achieve it. Twilight then remembered Celestia's mood when they were together at the Galla and how she looked like there was something bothering her and her strange behavior after that voice spoke and the rumble she felt not too long ago.

If Twilight was certain of something, Celestia was fighting Raziel and there was no way for her to win against him, not if she didn't know what he was capable off.

"Much worse than you may think Applejack, we need to stop the fight from happening."

"But, Twilight, dear, Celestia is a wise pony and Raziel is a very well mannered... thing... I'm sure that their fight musn't as bad as it sound."

In that moment they reached the hall where the battle started and, to their shock, they tried to comprehend what kind of spell was used on this place as the walls were crumbling down, the carpet was disintegrated around the blast area, the surrounding area was cracked and there were signs of burn marks on the walls on both sides.

"Whoa!" - Shouted the farmer in shock to the display of power that wrecked the hall. - "What in tarnation is princess Celestia thinking with using so much power?"

"Yeah! Not even my wildest parties cause so much destruction!"

As the mares tried to rationalize what they were looking at, Twilight analyzed the spells used on the battle which made her the shocking realization that this were spells to cause more than severe damage. Why would Princess Celestia use such a powerful spell?

As they were discussing, Twilight noticed how the trail of destruction went toward the stairs, prompting her and her friends to follow around in the hopes to stop the fight before it could get a winner.

"Hum, girls..." - Said the timid voice of Fluttershy. - "Do you think Raziel will be fine? Don't get me wrong, I know Princess Celestia will be fine but I'm not sure if this could get well for him."

"Raziel isn't the one I'm worried about."

Twilight's response shocked their friends as they were about to enter the stairwell.

"Excuse me!?" - Rainbow almost shouted as she flew above Twilight to confront her. - "Look, Twilight, I know what you said about Raziel and how he almost kick Nightmare Moon's flank but we're talking about Princess Celestia here, the most powerful pony on Equestria, and there's no way Raziel could beat her."

"I have to side with Rainbow on this argument" -. Continued Rarity as they stopped due to Rainbow confronting Twilight. - "Princess Celestia controls the sun itself and, in terms of raw power, she wins against Raziel and that's not even counting her deep knowledge of ancient spells. I doubt Raziel has any chance to stop her."

Twilight was about to respond about how Nightmare Moon also had more magic than Raziel as well as more knowledge on ancient spells than him and how that didn't stop Raziel from beating her but she was interrupted when the six of them started to feel a huge magic pressure going through them and coming from above them. Twilight and Rarity through their horns, Rainbow and Fluttershy through their wings and Applejack and Pinkie Pie through their hooves. As they felt the pressure going up, it was becoming harder and harder to the unicorns and earth ponies to stay up while Rainbow was forced to stay on the ground due to her inability to control her wings as they ruffled due to the magic passing through them. The powerful sensation was outstanding and, before they could start to feel tense for its pressure, it was all released on a single blow that imprinted in their memories as they never felt so much magic close to them.

Once the magic pressure was gone, they took their moments to regain their positions as they tried to understand what they've just felt for it was clear that this magic attack was much stronger than the previous one that shook the castle even though this one didn't move it.

"What was that?" - Asked the worried pink pony as they all tried to understand what just happened. - "It felt as if a huge amount of magic capable of shattering bodies was just used to destroy a shield spell."

For the first time in a long while, Twilight took Pinkie's words to the heart and decided to run as fast as she could toward Celestia and Raziel, worrying over who may be the winner. She passed through Rainbow who was still trying to understand what'd just happened, she climbed the stairs as fast as her weak body could let her, she opened the door of each floor she passed by in the hopes of finding a sign that the two combatants were there, she felt a little surge in magic and went to the floor that was the source of it, she passed through the door that Raziel went through not too long ago, she passed through the hall with the burned bathroom and her mind went into shock as she heard Luna's voice shouting the same thing she was thinking so far.

"Stop!"

Twilight realized that Luna found them first and went to the hall containing the three most powerful entities that Twilight has ever found in her life and, to her shock, she heard how Luna was pleading Raziel to not finish Celestia. As she got closer by, she felt her heart break as she found Raziel without a single noticeable scratch while her mentor, the pony she looked up to the most, the pony that gave her the confidence she needed to go around her school life, the pony that was capable of banish anyone to the sun and yet would have the mercy of a mother to their foal and the pony that was like a second mother to her was now lying on the ground, battered, burned, bruised, with her mane falling to the ground and unconscious.

Twilight tried her best to not lose her mind at what she was seeing and tried to listen at the conversation between Raziel and Luna in the hopes to find something that could put her mind at ease.

"Are you sure that she will listen to you?"

Luna's voice felt coarse as she tried to suppress her own emotions.

"Yes, she will. I won't let her do anything to you until I have no other way to defend you and I promise that I will make her enter into reason."

Twilight looked at Raziel's eyes and, to be a creature with no pupils, she could see suspicion and doubt on his eyes the like she has never seen on him before.

"And why would you defend me when I was the one who almost destroy your life? Why to defend me when you have more than enough reasons to distrust me? This isn't the first time I've been given offers like this and I know for a fact that I shouldn't be accepting them with such naivety."

Luna tried to vocalize an answer but none came from her mouth. She didn't know Raziel well enough and as much as his actions could be justified when facing Nightmare Moon, it wasn't enough to convince Celestia to stop her attacks on Raziel.

"In that case, I will defend you."

As the two powerful beings turned around and saw Twilight also making her position, the librarian pony and element of magic decided to take matters on her own to ensure that this horrible moment was put to an end.

"Princess Celestia knows me and she trust me, I know you well enough to make a case for your defense and I will not rest until I can convince her of your innocence."

For the first time so far Raziel showed signs of relenting on his decision as his eyes got softer and his blade no longer was white and Twilight decided to say one last thing that, hopefully, would make him stop.

"Raziel, please, you can trust me. Celestia is my mentor but you are my friend and I know for a fact that you two would get along quite well but to convince her to listen you need to listen first, please, show us that you aren't the monster that you look on the outside and listen."

Raziel looked at them for a good brief of seconds before his ethereal blade disappeared and his body language no longer felt threatening. Both Twilight and Luna felt relieved at this but it didn't stop him from talking.

"Fine, I will put my trust on you. But I do recommend you to put something on her so she doesn't attack immediately after she wakes up as well as we should put them out of their stupor."

As he said this, he pointed to five mares behind Twilight that were unable to move as only shock was controlling their bodies. Twilight got close to them and touched them with her hoof but none of them reacted (with Pinkie practically becoming a statue) for a good while.

As the hours passed, and with Luna's orders to not attack Raziel despite the guards's desires, the castle was put to work. Celestia was treated for her wounds as well as she was tied to a chair and her horn got a magic suppressor. The ponies went to the room Raziel mentioned, as well as Twilight went to look for Spike, where they could get their reunion going and the ponies would start to vocalize their opinions as they waited for Celestia to wake up.

"Girls, are you alright?" - Asked Twilight worried for their friends after seeing their princess being taken down by Raziel. - "I know that what you saw was shocking but you haven't said a word so far."

She looked at them for a while, trying to understand their position and hoping that this didn't harmed their relationship with Raziel.

"Well." - Started Spike. - "I never thought that Princess Celestia would engage Raziel, I thought she would be the most calmed pony among us and the one that would accept him the most. I cannot even understand why she would do this."

"Wait, she?" - Almost shouted Rainbow. - "What do you mean she? You have nothing to say against the one that... kicked her flank?"

"I mean, yeah, I didn't like it but, from what I get, it was Celestia who attacked first and Raziel was defending himself."

"Ah don't know Spike, it didn't look so much as self defense when she was on the ground and he was still aiming his sword at her."

"And let's not forget how he left her bruised... sorry I'm just pointing it out."

"Girls."

All the mares looked at Twilight and her calm demeanor as her tone of voice hid her worries and only gave the vibe of someone determined to get an answer.

"I know what we saw and it was bad but I- we need to know why it happened if we want to fix this and throwing accusations won't help."

She looked at them in the eyes and gave away her serious features to make a more sympathetic face.

"I also feel bad for Princess Celestia but I know Raziel enough to assure you that he would never go for her like that without a reason. Before we start judging we first need to listen both sides of the argument, ok?"

She then gave them a more scrutinizing look.

"And I'll remind you that is a bad thing to talk about others when they are in front of you."

The five mares looked at each other, they then looked at Princess Luna as well as Princess Celestia before giving another look at Raziel, who was standing between the windows, eyes closed, back to the wall as if he was waiting for something to happen.

"Oh!" - Claimed Applejack. - "Mighty pardon Raziel, I just got carried away."

As the rest of them were apologizing, Raziel just raised his claw and opened his eyes as he vocalized his mind.

"Worry not as my actions weren't completely well intentioned and I still could have controlled myself when fighting Celestia" -. He then turned his eyes towards the mares and asked. - "And how was your night? I heard you had plans for this particular celebration and I think we could have something else to talk about that isn't why your princess and I fought."

The six mares looked at each other with regret in their faces as they were wondering if they should be talking about their little journey.

"Well" -. Began the fashionista. - "I'll sadly admit that this wasn't the night I had envisioned. Blueblood wasn't the gentlestallion I was actually expecting him to be. He was more a brutish foal that I hope to never see again."

As she let those last words hanging in the air with as much anger as possible, Applejack decided to give her two bits on the subject.

"Tell me about it. That little colt threw my food to the ground and denigrated mah family's work just because it wasn't made by his fancy good fer nothing friends. It was already bad that I wasn't having sales but to get the Apple's name tarnished was just too much."

"Well, at least you got to put that stallion on his place and you made a sale" -. Continued Rainbow Dash. - "I wasn't even close to get the Wonderbolts attention and I don't even know what I was going to do if it weren't for that fight between Raziel and Princess Celestia."

"Oh, I know what you mean. I don't know what I was going to do just to get closer to those cute animals that weren't capable of understand that I wanted to be with them!"

Fluttershy took a moment to look at her shocked friends who never thought to look at her with so much anger in her voice before she went back to her introverted self.

"But don't mind me. It was just boring, and what about you Pinkie? Did you manage to have fun in the party?"

"No I couldn't all I got were a bunch of stuck up meanie pants that were too boring to play actually fun music and were instead listening to those boring sounds that I would never play in one of my parties."

It was quite interesting for Raziel and Twilight to note that the most interesting part of the evening was actually when they had to search for Raziel and Celestia.

"Then We supposed Our sister was correct about how mundane and stagnating this galla was."

All the individuals in the room turned around at Princess Luna was having a slight smile as she was looking at her sister.

"Our sister told us for days about how much she never liked the Grand Galloping Galla due to how much waste of her time it was for her to stay in day and she always hope for something interesting to happen."

The irony of the situation didn't escape anyone in the room as Spike made a final question.

"What about you Twilight? You were with Princess Celestia this whole night, did she look bored while you were in the entrance greeting everypony?"

"Well, yeah, we both were bored. It was so frustrating to cut any of our conversations just so she could greet any pony that went through those doors but then I heard-"

Twilight was interrupted by Celestia reincorporating herself around as she tried to remember what was the last thing she did and why she was feeling like being hit by a building. As she opened her eyes, she was greeted with the sight of her sister and her faithful apprentice looking at her with worried glances, making her wonder what was going on.

"Hello Princess" -. Said Twilight in a worried tone and forcing a smile. - "How are you feeling?"

Celestia tried to keep on remembering her last moments before losing consciousness but that didn't stop her from answering.

"I feel fine, a little in pain, but fine."

"What is the last thing you can remember?"

Celestia started to think back for a brief moment, her mind covered in a fog as if she got a huge beating on her head but she quickly snapped as she remembered the why she felt beaten down.

"Sister!" - Celestia hastily said. - "Quick! There's a dangerous creature in the castle, I need your help to capture and take it out of Canterlot!"

Both Luna and Twilight looked at each other with a lot of worry before looking back at Celestia.

"Uhm, yeah... about that princess..."

Celestia started to look behind her sister and Twilight and noticed the elements on the background looking at her with the same worry and, right between the left wings, she saw then Raziel back to the left wall as if he was waiting for something and her instincts quickly ran as she tried to move just to realize that she had her body completely tied and was unable to move at all. She tried to use her magic but she soon realized that a ring was also stopping her from making magic.

"What" -. It were the words of a princess that realized that she was being betrayed. - "Why are you doing this, he is a danger to Equestria."

"Sister, just listen to thyself!" - Claimed Luna as she tried very hard to not use the Canterlot voice on her. - "Thou have always been a model to remain calm on the storm and to never act rashly, but now here thou are trying to murder a creature that never had the intention to fight thou on the first place."

Celestia rose her eyes to her sister and looked how, for the first time in a long time, she no longer looked afraid, only showing indignation towards her which Celestia wasn't sure if it was better to see Twilight looking at her with pity and worry on her eyes.

"Princess Luna is right, I've never seen you like this and that worries me Princess. Why are you acting so out of yourself? You always taught me to never judge others and to always search for friends, what happened that made you act like this?"

Celestia looked on Twilight with worry for she wasn't sure if she had to know the truth about what she knew but then Twilight said the words that pinched her heart.

"Does that voice had something to do with it?"

"Voice?" - Applejack's voice resounded on the room as she started to get closer to Twilight and Luna. - "What voice are you talking about Twilight?"

Twilight looked at Applejack with worry on her face as she felt more and more worried about her state of mind.

"Didn't you hear it? It was on the Galla, it came out of nowhere, it was huge and loud and it told Celestia that 'he was here'" -. Twilight then looked at her mentor with worry. - "Princess, you must have listened to it, I was there and I know it was directed to you. Who did it mean with 'he'? Was it Raziel? Was it-"

"Wait, Twilight" -. Interrupted Rainbow Dash. - "I've been in that Galla the whole night and I never heard any voice, are you sure you aren't inventing it."

Twilight was going to defend herself but Rarity decided to join Rainbow Dash.

"I agree darling, I also was on that place the whole evening and my ears never heard such a voice."

"Yeah, Twilight, I was so borde that I'm sure a voice that came out of nowhere would have made the night more interesting."

Twilight was feeling cornered as her only explanation about it was her getting mad but then...

"She isn't inventing anything, if that description is true, then its completely normal for only her to have listened that voice."

Everypony turned towards Raziel as he got closer to a shaky Celestia trying to remove her ropes and chains and he explained with more detail what he meant with that.

"If what Twilight said is true, and I know it is, and based on what Celestia said to me prior to our confrontation" -. Luna then glanced to her sister as she reduced herself out of shame for her behavior. - "I can deduce that Celestia's motives behind the attack were based out of fake information provided by a creature beyond your imagination" -. He got closer to her as Luna put her wing as a barrier that told Raziel the limit for him to get closer to the white alicorn as he looked at her with scrutinizing eyes. - "Is that correct?"

"Wait a second" -. Interrupted the farm mare once again. - "What do you mean by that? It doesn't make sense."

"It does" -. He said as his eyes turned on the orange mare as she felt the determination behind that look. - "For it's a creature that it can only be comprehend by those who look at it and don't fall into dementia. A creature whose presence can devastate the whole land and enslave any creature for it has powers beyond what is pure."

He then looked at Twilight who was looking at him with a knowing look.

"It was the creature for which I came to destroy."

A chill ran down everypony's spine as they tried to understand the kind of enemy Raziel was describing and their minds were getting into a state of madness as they tried to understand how was Raziel aiming to destroy it.

"Wait a minute!" - Interrupted Rainbow Dash. - "None of that explains why only you, Twilight and Princess Celestia can hear it but not any of us."

Raziel looked at her with a face impossible to read, making the prismatic pegasus hope that she didn't pushed the wrong button. Whatever was Raziel thinking was kept to a mystery as he turned around and looked at Celestia.

"As for Celestia, it is because the creature allowed her to listen to it" -. He then turned to Twilight. - "As for Twilight, it is because I aide her to see beyond what is normal" -. While this made everypony's eyebrows to rise (including Twilight's) in wonder as to what he meant with it, he then turned and tried to look at as many ponies as he could. - "As for me, I've always been able to see it since I was cursed into this form."

"Hold on, you didn't look like this all the time?"

Twilight along the rest of her friends did a coordinated hoofface as Rainbow let clear how little attention she paid when Twilight explained that.

"Yes, Rainbow. I explained that before, weren't you paying attention?"

"Nah, you made it sound too boring."

As Twilight was trying to keep her patience, Celestia took the moment to put everybody back on what was important.

"I can't believe this, why are you listening to him? How do you know he isn't lying to you?"

"But, princess, Raziel has never given us reasons to distrust him. He has always helped us and been a good friend."

"Really, Twilight?" - She looked at Raziel with suspicion in her eyes. - "Did he told you about when he tried to get to the Elements of Harmony and broke the vault?"

For a brief second, Rainbow Dash was going to shout 'awesome' but understood quick enough that it wasn't the time for that. Meanwhile, Twilight looked back at Raziel, dejected for the accusation done to him.

"Is it true? Raziel, did you really broke into the vault?"

Raziel looked at her with a neutral face as she hoped that it was wrong somehow but Raziel confirmed her fears.

"Yes, I did."

Twilight took a step back as she tried to rationalize what she was hearing.

"But, why? What reason could you have to do something like that?"

She saw into Raziel's eyes and managed to see how they reflected back regret and sadness as Raziel's voice remained neutral.

"I had to know if the Elements could be purified on their own."

"On their own?"

"Yes, for I thought that, if they could be purified, then I wouldn't need to risk approaching to you. But I was wrong, the Elements of Harmony cannot be purified on their own. The only way to do so is by purifying their bearers."

Twilight tried to make sense of what he said but the more she tried to rationalize it, the more questions came to her mind.

"But, why didn't you want to be friends with us?"

Raziel turned his eyes to the window as he made his confession.

"I thought that none of you would try to get close to me due to my... condition... position that was further proven after seeing you react to the zebra."

Twilight's friends flinched at the memory as he continued.

"When I came here, I came with the objective to destroy the monster that ruined my world but I alone cannot do it. Only if I pass my powers to the Elements of Harmony it can be done but that is not possible unless I befriend you first."

He looked at Luna.

"I thought I would be more accepted if I vanquished you first but we both know the results of that attempt."

He then looked at Twilight's friends.

"I then thought that I would be accepted if I tried to bring peace to the area but all I got was getting banned from entering Ponyville."

In that moment Fluttershy shrunk as she started to feel embarrassed for her actions.

"For a while I thought that I would never meet you again until that night on the Everfree forest."

In that moment Twilight's ears lifted up and her features enlightened.

"Thanks to you I saw that hope wasn't lost but I still need to amend my actions with Celestia."

He then moved again toward her as he backed down his head.

"I apologize for causing you fear and for trying to take your life. I was falling to the depths of fear and I almost do something that we would regret forever."

Celestia looked at Raziel with doubt and suspicion in her eyes as she remembered all the things she was told about Raziel, she was aware that she had no reason to trust him but the voice wasn't in any better position.

"Twilight" -. Her voice resolute as she made her student to pay attention to her with expectation in her mind. - "Do you trust him?"

Twilight looked at him as she gave it a thought and wondered on her piece and how to voice it. Her answer was as sure as anytime she has been in times where no doubts are allowed. Something that would save both her and her friends in multiple occasions.

"Princess. Raziel is... something... that comes from a world where most of our values doesn't exist. That much is clear" -. Her voice grew heavier. - "However. To say that he hasn't proven himself trustworthy would be unfair and an outright lie" -. She looked at him as she remembered her encounters with him. - "He helped me to stop Nightmare Moon and he first tried through the use of words, something that never crossed my mind" -. She turned to her friends. - "He tried to befriend us through knowing us instead of forcing it and saved the life of our relatives in more than one occasion" -. She looked back at Raziel. - "It is true that some of his actions are questionable, but we cannot doubt that they were made with the best intentions in mind. But if there is one action that I feel you should be taking into account if you want to judge him, know this" -. She then got as close as possible to Celestia, close enough for her to notice Twilight's features to soften up and show her true emotions to the mentor that saw her growing and treated her as a daughter and said with one of the most sincere and loving voices she could muster. - "He saved my life."

Celestia gave Twilight's words a deep thought as she then decided to ask her friends's opinions.

"And you? Do you trust him?"

Each one of them looked at each other and gave their honest answers.

"Princess" -. Started Applejack with a serious but humble voice. - "As far Ah'm aware, he saved Applebloom's life on more than one occasion and we Apples don't forget that kind of things. As far Ah know, he is good for me."

"Sure, he may do some questionable things" -. Continued Rainbow Dash. - "But everything I know of him just speaks awesome and someone as awesome as him would never try to eat our souls."

"I concur Princess" -. The posh and regal unicorn said. - "He has shown more than once how open he is to solved a conflict through peaceful terms and is quite capable of having a proper discussion and act as a proper gentlestallion. If anything, he should be considered as a part of your court due to how well versed and how much experience he has shown to have."

"Well" -. Said Fluttershy as he tried to force her words out while hiding her face behind her mane. - "While I may not approve of his methods. I do think he means well. He could have just ignored me when I told him to stay away from Ponyville, but he respected me and didn't try to bully me or my friends."

"Yeah" -. Continued Pinkie Pie in a surprise calm tone. - "He may have managed to avoid my parties yet but I know he isn't a meanie pants and he even helped me when I felt alone by convincing me of giving my friends a second try and shouldn't I had listened to him I may have missed my own birthday party."

Celestia looked at them with pride as they showed what true friendship was about, but she wasn't done.

"And you, Spike, what do you think of him?"

Spike panicked a little bit as he realized for the first time someone was asking for his opinion and quickly tried to think of an answer.

"Well, when I thought I was being replaced by Owlowiscious. I ran away and... well... when I thought I was done for, he came to help me for enough time so Twilight could take me home" -. He then realized something which made him look at Raziel. - "By the way, what happened to that dragon? He isn't..."

All eyes turned to Raziel as he remained unfazed at the peer pressure before he simply responded.

"If you want to know, he isn't dead, but suffice to say, without adding any more details, that he won't be a menace to anyone for a long time."

As nobody wanted to know the details of Raziel dispatching his enemies, Twilight quickly looked at Princess Celestia and continued.

"As you can see, Princess Celestia, Raziel has proven himself to be the hero he deserves to be known for and I think we should accept his help to save Equestria from certain doom."

She then turned towards Raziel as she made herself very clear on her terms.

"And that also means that no more secrets. I want to know all your story so we can avoid any more troubles like this. Understood?"

Both Princess and Soul Reaver looked at each other before looking at Twilight before agreeing and presenting each other how they should.

"Greetings, my name is Princess Celestia, Princess of the Sun."

"Greetings, my name is Raziel, the Soul Reaver."

And, thus, Celestia was released, Raziel started to tell Twilight about the days before he was who he was, as he was very adamant on telling at least a few details about Kain, and the next day was done so all the elements along Princess Luna, Princess Celestia and a royal chronicler would be there to take note of a story they were very sure was worth remembering as Spike, begrudgingly, had to stay away as they all knew he could get traumatized from it.

"This is a very special gem that can manifest your memories if you focus well enough" -. Said Princess Celestia. - "All you have to do is to focus your magic into it and all you will have to do is to tell your memories."

Raziel saw the red gem on his hand and started to infuse it with his powers, quickly drowning the throne room in light as it was soon turned into a room quite remembered as the room where the leaders of the vampire clans would meet to talk.

Twilight and her friends became mystified by the room, how erabolate it was, how they were surrounded by creatures that told of how powerful they were, especially the one in the throne room, completely different both in appearance and in might from all the others.

It was then that Raziel's voice surrounded them and started to tell them a story that they never thought possible.

Kain was deified, the clans tell tales of him but few know the truth.

He was mortal once, as were we all.

However, his contempt for humanity drove him to create me and my brothers.

As he said this, all the mares heard a series of footsteps getting closer to the throne room and, to their surprise, they saw one of the most beautiful creatures they ever saw in their life. It's clothes showing his rank and power as well as letting clear of how high was his rank. His facial features talked about confidence but never drowned on pride as it got closer to the figure known as Kain.

It was here that Raziel, as he told the story of his life, felt that strange feeling that is very rarely felt, one created at the knowledge that he was being accepted for who he was and that, for the first time on his entire life, he knew for a fact that he was doing the right thing and not being manipulated by a superior creature for an ulterior motive. Giving him pride of finally saying his name without shame for his actions.

I am Raziel. First born as his liutenants...

Author's Note:

Just remembered that Luna had a speech pattern of ancient english... now I have to go back and rewrite that. Ugh.

Anyways, with this, I have finally finished the first arc, this story is 1/4 complete... I have to watch other three seasons... and this arc took me two years to complete...

God give me strength.

I hope you have enjoyed this ride so far. I do plan to make some filler chapters (whenever IDK what to write) to show parts of Raziel's story being told and how the ponies react to it (I know you all love reading that stuff) as well as making one interlude chapter... later... I'll take a rest from this and write again later.

Meanwhile, you can read my other two stories which I will be updating from time to time as well as I'm planning to make two more prototype/oneshot/story to see what people think of them.

Have a nice day everyone.

EDIT June 16th of 2019: If you like this and you want to support me, you can do it through my Ko-Fi. Feel free to check it out.