• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 580 Views, 82 Comments

A mare and her dog - cammera



One day, Applejack decided to take a walk.

  • ...
0
 82
 580

PreviousChapters Next
[%timescale%][%%%+1], fragment three

The ground shook for a moment before Quibra emerged from it amidst a glass cloud, sweating profusely. Spike's armor sealed against the particles immediately, and he covered Applejack's muzzle with a piece of cloth.

-º-

A punch reverberated, and another, and another. The thick shell Twilight had formed, inside which the very air was still being plasmified, cracked by the third and opened by the fourth. Twilight didn't move out of the way, and a stream of plasmified air hit her directly.
The creature peeked out.
Twilight stood there, most of her bone and all her tissue gone. Only a jawless skull, eye sockets filled by violet wisps, remained.
It didn't fall. The wisps in her eye sockets titillated, still glaring mutely at him, and a column grew and extended into ribs, then legs.

cen
-

º

-
/center[]

a soul is a polymorph-- sorry. a soul is... the first thing you are given, and the last one you let go off, thats what my mother used to say. but why do you ask? why do you look so sad?
a girl in school said that... that i dont have...
ssh, dear, dont be so upset... shes just being silly.
but--
but nothing, if anything that filly is the one who doesn't have a soul. You are a intelligent, resourceful little filly. Aren't you?
Mom?
Yes, dear?
Do you miss me?
Of course I do, dear, but I... I had to take on the travel---
Why?
Because I am aff--

WHY!?

Because I had to--
Mom?
Yes, dear?
Did you see this city?
It is impressive, is it not? A city built by giants, so long ago...
Mom?
Yes, dear?
Why didn't you come back?
Mom?
Yes, dear?
Can I hate you?
Mom?
Yes,--
Why do I have to hate you?
Because I--
Mom?
Was I a bad daughter?
Dad?
Did you and mom hate us?
Dad?
Can you come back?
Mom?
I miss you... Why are you away?
Mom... why did you have to go away?
Mom... why did you take dad away?
Dad... will you come back?
Mom?
Yes, dear?
Do you really have to go?
Don't you worry. I'll be back before you know it.
Mom?
Dad?

/enter] -º-[
dad?
hmm?
what's a soul?
a soul is... heh, you caught me blind.
why?
because a soul... a soul ain't no thing for words. they wouldnt make it justice.
why?
'cuzz a soul is the only thing you are given for free, and the only thing you can never give away... not all of it, at least. i reckon your mother has a good chunk of mine, and that someone will have at least a bit of yours some day.

I think someone does already...

for real!?
yes! she's an eeeeviiil witch!
nooooooo...! stop, dad, dont-- i aint no kid no more, dont you make funny faces at me. i am seven!
wow, really? i lost track,
I am not a kid, don't act like I am! I am nearly fifty years old, consarn it!
What? You don't look a day older than twen
I am not a kid, don't act like I am! Why didn't you come back? Why didn't you bring mom back?

PreviousChapters Next