• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 580 Views, 82 Comments

A mare and her dog - cammera



One day, Applejack decided to take a walk.

  • ...
0
 82
 580

PreviousChapters Next
[%timescale%][%%%+1], first fragment

Twilight Sparkle, daughter of the late Twilight Velvet and Night Light, sister of Mi Amore Cadenza and the late Shinning Armor, Equestrian Princess of Friendship, Guardian of Knowledge, and Element of Magic, took a deep breath.

-º-

The sleeper's temple shook, as if about to fall to pieces, and fell still as quickly as it had started moving. Litters upon litters of ҉̹̺͍̗͎̪͕͎͈ͅͅ ̵̷͚̺̳̘̟̗͚̫̥͔̭͚͓̥̱̦̉̎̅̇ͬ͗̾̍͝͠ ͂͋̐͒̉̏̚̕҉̦̭͉̩̤̳̹ͅ ̡̗̱̭̱̜͊̔̏̆̀ͫ͌̾̈ͤ̇̍ͩ̓̄̈́̇͐͘͡ ̛̼̜̫̠̯͈̙͉͕̠̩͚̰͈͔̠̬̄ͧͨ̾̉ͧ̓̀ͯͮ̃̓̅̌̀͂͡ͅͅ ͥ̌̒̄̓̃͒ͪͦ̒͟͞͝҉̖͖͈̳̠̭̖̠ ̡̩̭̰͎̯ͦ̎̾̔̌ͭ̒̊ͭ̓͗ͭ͒ͣ͐ͬ̚͢͜͝ ̶̴̹̰̬̪̳̯̼̥̠͎̮̖̤̻̥ͪ̆̾̾̈́ͤ̉̉ ̴̊ͣ̆̒͂ͯͯ͐̇̓́̍͘͏̹͓̜̤̲̰̼͈͈͔̰̤ poured out of it like a tar... only to be burned to nothing when, breaking through a wall thick enough to make a home in, Twilight entered, covered in a shield.

She didn't say anything, instead waiting for something to happen with her jaw clenched.

It didn't take long.

-º-

As she had grown in years and knowledge, a certain feeling had appeared to her, a sensation of being but an external spectator, merely sustaining some kind of interloper -an insider, something that somehow interfaced between her and the world and buffered the effect each had in the other- by divine providence.

Many things had staved that feeling in various ways -friendship, love, pleasure of the private and public kinds- but it was ultimately, she felt, an unalienable part of her self that couldn't be taken away in the same way her brain or body couldn't.

-º-

The double doors of the church opened, letting something quadruped with a heavy backpack on.

She glared at it, demanding a name.

-º-

It was thanks to this feeling of externality, this essential separation, that she could read the world.

Everything was composed of smaller components, that much had sparkled her early interest in magic and the ways to affect said components.

-º-

The thing undid its backpack and, uncaring of her glare, opened it and bit into something inside it.

-º-

But as she had read in search of some kind of unification theory that explained how was that components unified into larger entities, she had come to find that all were flawed.

-º-

Thunder snapped from her shield bubble and struck the figure, but the energy simply phased through it, shatering and melting the insides of the temple.

With a grin, it took a glass ball as big as its head and crashed it against the ground.

-º-

...All, except for one. One that she believed to be closer to the truth, because both herself and the theory perceived the world as a series of strands, diminutive fibers that, somehow, ran across everything like a cord would through a paper sheet, a tridimensional object through a bidimensional one.

What those strings were, how could she perceive a pentadimensional entity, was something that did not worry her in this particular moment.

-º-

The glass shattered and released mist that expanded quickly, covering Twilight's shield in an instant.

"yOU ARE BREAKING THINGS AS MUCH AS i AM," Said the thing, its presence an ineffable reality that now transcended light. "yOU KNOW THAT AS WELL AS i DO."

She didn't deign to answer.

"i WAS A BIT OF AN ASSHOLE TO ANYONE WHO COULD HAVE NOTICED WHAT i WAS DOING, YOURSELF INCLUDED," The mist started retreating, and Twilight noticed a certain wavering quality to everything around her. "yOU? yOU ARE A WALKING PUNCH THROUGH... EVERYTHING! hAH, WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DO YOU NEED TO BE TO NOT KILL YOURSELF?"

"You tried to halt my mind," She forced her jaw to open. "You killed my friends."

"i WAS DOING COMMUNITY SERVICE, LADY!" It laughed, and the wavering accelerated. bUT! i HAVE THINGS TO DO. lIKE MAKING A LITTLE SHOWCASE.

Before she could do anything, the painful feeling of an extra dimension being slapped into the one she perceived through made itself known, Oneiros ramming into her senses like a stallion with a hundred too many drinks.

"OneiROs," She said through the pain. "You are REAlly TRying to make a playground? The COUPling won't last a year."

"nOPE," Its shape shifted "i AM DOING THIS. fUNNIER! aND SELF SUSTAINING!"

With a click, oneiros decoupled.

-º-

Fibbers cried around her.

Twilight Sparkle, daughter of the late Twilight Velvet and Night Light, sister of Mi Amore Cadenza and the late Shinning Armor, Equestrian Princess of Friendship, Guardian of Knowledge, and Element of Magic, cried with them.

-º-

"Ouch!" The creature rubbed its ear. "Shut those mouths, girl!"

Tears falling from her eyes and mouth clenched shut, she dispelled the bubble and felt heat radiating from her when-

-º-

-a foci of null, a focus of not merely destruction but dicreation, was formed in more than a plane and shot at the awakened dream-

-º-

-, who ignored completely.

"Don't you get it?" It walked to her "I don't care about your rules anymore, whatever you are. I am finally awake, and I am bored" The creature, the awaken dream, disappeared.

Author's Note:

So.
Twilight is pretty much a lovecraftian entity in this.
https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2013/1/16/214026__safe_meme_animated_exploitable+meme_alicorn_smoking_rock_tom_swag_cigar.gif
If someone is curious, her nature is actually closer to CHIM than anything else. Guess that the nature of the Awakened is.

PreviousChapters Next