• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 575 Views, 82 Comments

A mare and her dog - cammera



One day, Applejack decided to take a walk.

  • ...
0
 82
 575

PreviousChapters Next
Noon 46, fragment two: Treason and loopholes

There were several emptied food trays around them, rests of food having flown off with the wind. Both Hlaoo and Mirria had refused, for several reasons, to descend from the spire. Strategic knowledge was a somewhat secondary one.

More smoke rose from the windows of the Church, and the light seemed to be being warped around it.

"Do you think its time?" he asked Mirria.

After a moment's consideration, she shook her head.

As if on que, golems started pouring out of the Church, turning unnoticeable almost instantly.

"Damn," he stood up and took a few steps, testing the heavy iron boots he wore "Are you ready?"

She stood up, nodding.

They took wing, descending quickly. They passed over his troops. Their eyes were unfocused, gazing into infinity.

He had expected this to happen, due to their proximity to the dreamer, but had hoped it didn't. With no tropes to inspire, he took out his cape without stopping his flight over unnoticing soldiers and uncaring golems, and entered the Church.

Mirria first flew and then ran with him, sliding across halls and into the inner church.

You'll always come back to me!

Believe me that I'll go back to you.

It wasn't enough to just kill it. He would steal the parasite's hopes when it was convinced of its success.

Rubicon deserved that much.

PreviousChapters Next