• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 575 Views, 82 Comments

A mare and her dog - cammera



One day, Applejack decided to take a walk.

  • ...
0
 82
 575

PreviousChapters Next
Day 35: For fully grown magicians to act like the kids they actually are, you don't need much

"I demand sacrifice!"

"No"

The self-declared spirit was mute for a moment.

"Could you repeat that?"

"No" she repeated, still talking in Equestrian.

"I don't think I understand you"

"Exactly" Applejack glared at the apparition.

"I will rip flesh from bones, only sinew will rem-! What are you doing?"

"Searching a knife," she kept rummaging her bags "I am pretty sure I had one"

"Ah. Uh. I'll be going" He started floating away from her.

"But mere metal can't hurt you, right?" she took her head from the bags, the knife in her mouth, and followed "Shush shay guied bor a hohen"

The floating gryphon seemed to consider it for a moment, "Er, it... it unwaves my... ectoplasm frequency. Yeah"

Nanda walked in from a group of bushes, carrying berries, and stopped dry.

"Ron?" she asked "You are doing it again, aren't you" she said tiredly.

"Uh... no?" he backed off "I was, uhm, giving her... traveler tips"

"Drop if off, will you. And I mean the spell, too" she put the berries in a bowl "Do you ever do anything but bother travelers?"

"Sometimes I meditate and align my chak-" Nanda gave him a look "Right away, ma'am" the gryphon took a stone from his back, instantly changing in aspect. Before, Applejack hadn't been able to focus on him, as her eyes seemed to slip over any kind of specific detail other than a eerie glow surrounding him. Now, she saw it-- an old, mostly featherless gryphon with an eye bulging from the socket, as if trying to escape the rest of his body. She could only commend the effort.

Applejack's gaze shifted from gryphon to zebra for a moment as a sense of dread formed in her.

"Please tell me he isn't a necromancer too" she backpedaled from them "I can only bear so much of it at once"

"No, he-"

"I am a guruu in-"

"In stupidity" Nanda interrupted back.

"I'd like to see you making yourself one with nature" Ron glared at her.

"I've lived in a forest for longer that you've been here. And I am no thief" she added.

"Oh, don't start with-"

"You ask turists for sacrifice or wealth. You've been doing so for years"

"It's not my fault if they give me things after I merely ask for some insect or another to eat like any good gooru" he crossed his arms and noticed his mistake just before his beak impacted the ground "I still don't get used to being quad-"

"Reincarnation isn't real! You never were a minotaur!"

"Guruu Nuti proved it as true!"

"Aria the bone-dancer proved that it isn't!"

"It i-" started Ron before a hoof was shoved into in his beak and Nanda's mouth.

"If the mountain comes down on us" Applejack whispered sweetly "I'll kill you both before any rock reaches us. Understood?"

They nodded.

"Now, I'll take my hooves from your mouths and you won't shout"

They nodded again. She took her hooves from their mouths.

"The spirit dissolves without body or mind," whispered Nanda "Or especially apt environments" she added.

"The spirit flows into the earth, were it is recycled in accordance to Nuti's fourth law..." whispered back Ron.

PreviousChapters Next