• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 580 Views, 82 Comments

A mare and her dog - cammera



One day, Applejack decided to take a walk.

  • ...
0
 82
 580

PreviousChapters Next
Day 32: For bridges to fall

Author's Note:

Achivement get! first month done, 600 words minimal wordcount until next month.

"Oh, yes. I can just feel it working"

Nanda didn't answer.

"How's the whole tearing skin off business these days? I heard its all the rage in Manehattan"

Nanda grumbled under her breath.

"So? Do go on. I am sure the bridge will scream in pain any moment now"

A light wind made them sway under the rain.

"Just like that, yeah"

"Shut up"

"You know, when I saw this bridge it put me in a jolly good mood" she continued "I mean, who hasn't ever dreamt with plunging to his death from a rickety bridge?"

"Shut up"

"And instead we nearly plunged to our deaths and ended hanging from rotten ropes, too bundled up to move, and under the rain" she slipped a bit and grunted, strengthening her hindlegs' grasp in Winona.

"Shut up"

"Every night I dream with this, no joke. Sometimes they are hot, you know. Have to take a cold shower as soon as I wake up"

They both fell silent for a moment.

"Are you quite done?"

"Nearly," she plunged her head backward, landing a blow in Nanda's forehead "Now, that's what I needed"

Silence fell again.

"We could try to swing to that rock"

"It'd break the rope"

Another gush of wind swayed them. Applejack's bags slipped another centimeter, and she felt Nanda gasp. She was holding both their bags from falling with the only free arm any of them had.

"We need to attract something"

"Any great idea?"

"If you laugh I'll bite the rope," Nanda cleared her throat, took in air, and ululated.

A moment later, a fox appeared in the border of the crevice, eager to show his masculinity to the world. Another appeared, and another, and another...

And five minutes later, what Applejack could only describe as a small army of hot and bothered foxes watched Nanda intently.

"Hey, genius" said Applejack when Nanda stopped calling them.

"What!?"

"They are in the wrong side" she deadpanned.

"You lit-" Nanda cut herself "Help me turn us around"

Applejack did so, giving the foxes a last look before all she could see was rock. Nanda fell still, and she heard the foxes running away.

"Huh? Anything wrong?" she tried to see Nanda.

Nanda didn't answer.

"Hallo?"

A fox appeared in the crevice, did something that resembled a bark, and ran off again.

"Great"

A few minutes passed.

"Could as well practice" no one answered ""Hey, old lady, did you actually hate your husband...?" No, how about, "Hallo. Why aren't you crying a sea?""

She fell silent.

"I mean, its weird... how about "Yo, hag, cry and stuff"?" she said in a gruff tone "Na, that's too Dash for this"

"Its weird that you keep switching on and off with... everything. Good hag, bad hag, wise hag. Its like you are five hags per minute or something. Angry about your husband and then going wise on me? Seriously?"

A fox barked, watching them intently from the side of the crevice they hung from. Moments later, the rest appeared.

"And what in the hay is on with the lot of you?"

As one, the foxes grabbed the rope in their mouths...

"Oh no no no!" she looked around in desperation, searching something to grab a hold off.

...and pulled it, lifting them.

"What"

When they were up, Nanda shuddered and jerked up, breathing deeply.

"I hate having to do that" she grimaced in distaste.

The foxes were still for a moment, then watched each other in confussion.

"What"

The foxes ran away.

"What"

PreviousChapters Next