• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 580 Views, 82 Comments

A mare and her dog - cammera



One day, Applejack decided to take a walk.

  • ...
0
 82
 580

PreviousChapters Next
Night 23: As reflections wander across yonder

"Seriously"

Winona didn't answer.

The crevice didn't seem really old, for geological features: the trees in its walls weren't older than a decade or two, and the broken trees at the bottom hadn't quite finished decomposing.

They stood still for a moment, looking at its hole ridden depths. A cave system, with old mining equipment here and there, could be seen in the deepest reaches, which the crevice followed.

It was also a rather big cave system, and hence a rather big crevice, that twisted like snakes would if snakes were stupid enough to twist, old trees growing in the portions of land that hadn't fallen. What seemed like a thousand birds and small animals (Mainly foxes and felines) moved in its walls and small pathways, abusing the fact that it was less likely to be holed by moles (Which wouldn't, if Applejack was to guess, be much of a problem anymore) and too small for rocs to fly properly in it.

With an annoyed sigh, she set out to walk around the crevice.



-º-



Hours later, Applejack found herself.

Well, not herself in a physical way, or in a deep and meaningful way, or even in a lewd way. It was more of a mirror kind of thing.

She looked around, then back at the statue. There was a mirror in each of the faces of the statue's base, apparently made of some metal, with something inscribed around the borders of the mirrors.

After a moment of wondering about it, she started walking away from it and out of the "peninsula" of land in which it was.

"Yo"

She stopped.

"Yo sistah"

She turned to the mirrors. She now noticed four gargoyles, each about as big as a small kitten, in the upper corners of the statue's base.

"Yo sistah, cancha make me a favor?" asked the one closest to her.

"Don't" said another gargoyle.

Applejack blinked at them. Their lips weren't quite synchronized with their words, and they somehow talked Equish...

"Are you Magic?" she asked after a moment.

"Yes" Nodded the first gargoyle.

"Telepathic. And he can only tell lies," pointed the second one "I say truths"

Applejack gave them a confused look, then pointed at the other two gargoyles, "And them?"

"One says half truths or factoids, the other white lies" explained Truth.

"The sky is an upside-down lake" said one "Just a bunch of water"

"Also cold coffee will give you diarrhea" said the other.

There was a moment of silence.

"Enuff of that, cancha make me a favor?"

"Don't" repeated Truth.

"Uh, what kind of favor?"

Truth facepalmed, "There we go..."

"Cancha, uh, replace me for a moment?" asked Lie anxiously "I need to go to the bushes"

"Bushes?"

"You know. The bushes" he pointed with his wings "The little pebbles room?"

"Just go," said Applejack, pointing at one "This is a forest"

"Didn't know"

"Also this is an obvious trap"

"Totally not"

"I will turn into a gargoyle when I replace you"

"I've been needing to go for like twenty years now"

"No"

"Aaaaawwww cammooooooon"

Applejack shook her head with finality.

"See? This is why it works every time" reprehended Lies, giving Truth a mean look "Your darned lies"

"I'll send someone to help y-" tried Applejack.

"Don't bother, that zebra witch tried to help us a few times," shrugged Truth "The curse will wear off in a two centuries, give or take a few decades"

"You would help us?" asked Lies, in shock "For real?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

Lies sniffled, sandy tears falling to the ground.

"I absolutely fucking hate you, you whore" said Lies, trying not to cry "This is like that time a bird kept pecking at my balls, only worse"

"Every time," deadpanned Truth "Every single time"

"Remember when the unicorn knight went on that quest for the weird cup?" asked one of the others "Didn't even work"

Applejack backpedaled silently, not wanting to end up involved in their dramas.

PreviousChapters Next