• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 580 Views, 82 Comments

A mare and her dog - cammera



One day, Applejack decided to take a walk.

  • ...
0
 82
 580

PreviousChapters Next
¿? 14: as dreams flash

"Who are you?"

-º-

Apple Bloom held tightly to her leg.

"Do you really have to go?"

She sighed, "No, but I need to" she ruffled her mane "Didn't I tell you? I'll be back before you know it"

-º-

Rainbow tapped her hoof angrily against the ground, and Twilight looked at her in shock.

"Really? You'll just walk away?"

"And I'll come back as soon as I can"

"You- But-" Rainbow started and cut herself both times before managing to say something "Around the world? The whole way?"

"It's my fam-"

"Crud is what it is!" Rainbow interrupted her "What if we need you?"

"Rainbow" Twilight put a hoof in Rainbow's shoulder "If she feels like she must do it we can manage"

-º-

Two rocs landed near her in the borders of the river, giving her their sideways glances.

When they didn't do anything, she just scowled and kept pulling from the rope with Winona, taking the ceiling from over the other roc.

-º-

The same two rocs, one male and the other far younger, hopped to the female and started to, slowly and delicately, removed the splinters from the female's wing.

-º-

Twilight gave her a monocular, "A tool to see what lays beyond your sight," she said.

"Heh, girls, you don't have to be so formal on me" Applejack took it uncomfortably.

"Nonsense!" Rarity gave her a pair of saddlebags "A clothe to carry your gifts," she said with a small reverence, then pushed Fluttershy forward without much subtlety.

"Uhm, I know it's not much," she took a small but heavy looking package from her saddlebags and gave it to her "A home to warm your hearth"

-º-

"Do you really have to go?" she asked.

Her mane was ruffled, "Don't worry," she was picked up in a tight hug "I'll be back before you know it"

-º-

An old zebra looked at her, her mane a sea of dreadlocks with clay beads on it. She tried to say something, but the world felt too heavy and, before her mouth had time to open, her head fell again.

-º-

She walked in a moonlit clearing, wasps of light floating around her. The first were green, red, and golden.

The golden wasp escaped despite her cries, leaving a pale yellow one behind.

A rainbow-colored wasp joined her from the forest, covering a pink one as if challenging the world to try and hurt it. Another one appeared, a bright cyan, together with a white one.

Soon she was surrounded in wasps, of as many colors as she could imagine. A gray one, traveler like her, carrying a message.

The world was ultimately kind in spite of its cruelty, she had found. Or maybe because of its cruelty.

She walked across the clearing and entered the forest, the wasps following her.

PreviousChapters Next