• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 5,457 Views, 155 Comments

A Cog in the Machine - Zoom zoom



A 2nd person story where you are a child being raised by Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
11
 155
 5,457

Transition (You may skip this chapter but it does fix one small hiccup in logic)

Now how should I go about it to you audience? This story is of course second person, but here is where we have an impasse. See if I keep this up I’m not sure you would be able to keep up with who’s who at this zoo. So I believe at least for this chapter, I must change things for now. So as unfortunate as it is for me to do so, I’m going to need to change this into a third person story. DON’T LEAVE! I assure you it is only for this chapter, and it is only for the good of all. But you know, to make things a bit more fun I think I’ll have to have a special story teller instead of myself recapping for you.

Question is, who could it be? Ah, no that wouldn’t work. Maybe….yes that will. Besides because his cameo in another one of these author’s stories got canned he needs the work. What do you say to in?

*Snap*

Why I’d be delighted my good sir. Now go on and speak to your heart’s content about your concerns. And you know what? I’ll even do you a solid and keep it second person. Sound good?

A smile crossed his face, “Perfect. Thank you so much.”

Hey, helping those in need is what I live for. Besides this should be fun and lets me scratch off service time with Celestia.

“Don’t forget it keeps the entire, ‘Why isn’t Luna or Celestia helping if Pinkie is an element of harmony?’ plot hole at bay.”

Well I’m sure the readers will understand. Though shining a light on it may not be the best course of action. Guess we’ll see in the comments.

“Oh,” he said suddenly remember. “Cog’ll wake soon. Better get into position.”

Have fun. I’m sure this will be far more chaotic for here on out if you had to call me in.

Author's Note:

I made this more as a joke and to explain how I will be keeping it 2nd person without making it too weird since the narrator is now a character in this thing. And yes as this part shows Cog really is related to Pinkie in this sense as well. I decided to make him the subconscious due to obvious hiccups if Cog could break the fourth wall at all.

As for me, I'm off to edit some of the older chapters to have it make more sense. at least up to the chapters I skipped before I return.

TTFN

Comments ( 13 )

Plot hole reasoning:
A) Celestia and Luna don't have to deal with their problems because they are the elements of harmony. She did not send them the gala tickets at first, only when Twilight, her personal student, asked for them.:trollestia:
B) They don't know. Pinkie wants to be self sufficient and does not tell Cog because it will worry him. She may do the same with the princess. It's not like she lives in Ponyville.:moustache:
C) Fuck all logic, it's a story.:derpytongue2:


Edit:
Hi Discord!

2785404 yeah it is a problem I found with all fics set with something like this story being made after season 3. I started before it began but it took so long I had to address this factor.

When one of them is a princess, the other five have become a friend to Celestia and Luna-who can go into children's dreams at any time and Cog would send sirens compared to most- in differing degrees and one of them is best friends with the God of Chaos it is really hard to explain why you don't just pull endings like all those plays where no matter the conflict that french king shows up and fixes everything.

With this at least I give a "Safety Net" without having to outright have any godlike beings to save the day since the conflict is mostly inside Cog at this point and Discord isn't about to do anything about that.

I finally caught up! I read this story way back when I didn't have an account and there were hardly any chapters. Then I forgot about it. And now I've found it! I shall wait eagerly for the next installment of this thrilling tale.

EDIT: I just realized something that leaves me puzzled. In the beginning I thought his father killed his mother and he was afraid of his father and wanted to be sent to an orphanage because his father has killed at least one of his guardians. That was furthered due to Cog having a picture of his parents with his mother's face slashed and fixed with tape while his father's head was taken out completely. From the sound of chapter 'Memories' his father is the good guy while his mother is the crazy. And how did his father go from thief to mad murderer? Just something I realized and was confused.

Comment posted by Zoom zoom deleted Jun 28th, 2013

how cool would it be if at the end, pinkie goes pinkamena diane pie on there asses and kills his father and mother :rainbowderp:

2798393
Father is already dead.

Though I will say pinkie does need one more bit before the end

2798423
to be honest, the story involving his mother and father has eluded me, i dont know why but i couldnt follow, i initially thought his mom was dead and his dad was alive O_o :pinkiecrazy:

2799399
Details next chapter but you had it right.

It's why the tail end was so disjointed, cog could not process things right after learning this

I got this, cog's mother is also appleblooms mother... That would make it weird dating your own sister?

I also can't form sentences at 3:19 in the morning

Login or register to comment