• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 5,455 Views, 155 Comments

A Cog in the Machine - Zoom zoom



A 2nd person story where you are a child being raised by Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
11
 155
 5,455

Hearts and Hooves Day (Part 2)

“Be careful,” you cry stopping the orange filly from climbing into the fridge for a bottle of milk. “Take one from the door. We need to cycle through them here.”

“Yeah yeah,” said Scootaloo annoyed taking an open bottle in her teeth. Once she put it down you made sure to check you had everything ready in case of anything in sight. Whisk? Check. Measuring cups? Check. A Few eggs? Well you’d need to go get them now.

“Why do you guys have so many fridges anyway?” asked Scootaloo looking around as you opened the egg container to take out a half dozen. The first two as usual with you slipped out of your hooves, which was why you grabbed six in the first place. You really needed to get your magic going, but aside from that the remaining four were put well and you could then answer.

“Not really sure,” you admitted. “I asked Pinkie once, and aside from saying something about an incident with the local Milkmare she was tight lipped about it. Maybe Cupcake was just jealous of her or something but the result seems to be all this to keep the produce fresh enough to only get her milk once a week when Carrot’s out of the house.”

“Nah,” stated Scootaloo, “Must be something else. She’s like our second biggest customer at my job. I don’t interact with her too much but she seems pretty nice and always asks for Pinkie first so she must be on good terms with everypony here.”

Something about that made you not want to delve any deeper into speculation. The clues were obvious of course, but considering you couldn’t figure out your own feeling it would be hard to be sure of everything; especially since there were still a few different outcomes from the evidence. It wasn’t worth trying to understand right now.

“Well whatever the reason,” you say moving on, “Let’s just get this cake started. You start mixing the other ingredients like it says in that guidebook and I’ll clean up the eggs I spilled and get the flour.”

“Rodger that,” saluted the filly with a smile before picking up the guide and reading over it again.

The rest of the cake making actually went on without a hiccup after that. Both you and Scootaloo worked together fine enough and as you waited for the Cake to finish baking, the two of you just had a normal everyday talk for once.

You realized just how much you missed talking to her like this, without her being all freaked out about one thing or another concerning others. Well besides Rainbow Dash. Most of your conversation outside of school was slowly becoming more of Rainbow vs. Pinkie for best Surrogate sister.

“Rainbow congratulates me when I actually do some great work.”

“Pinkie actually works hard.”

“You take that back,” shouted Scootaloo. “She trains hard for the Wonderbolts.”

“Which she’s yet to get into,” you countered, “Tell me when she finally has a position. Pinkie’s already got two Diplomas so she wins.”

“Yeah, well Rainbow is a black belt and can kick Pinkie’s flank.”

“Oh yeah? Pinkie’s got a cannon she can pull out of anywhere and fire Rainbow out of Equestria.”

“Well Rainbow is teaching me so I can just kick her flank if she does that.”

“Yeah, well Pinkie showed me how to inflate my hoof.” Wait what kind of retort was that? That was just plain weak.

Scootaloo paused for a moment at that and deadpaned, “You can’t inflate your hoof.” Oh good she didn’t notice or was feeding into you.

“Yes I can,” you argue getting ready to show her, despite the fact you’ve never done it, when the bell in the oven chimed, saved by the bell. “Well, cake is done.” That’s right, just play it cool and you likely won’t be called on your bluff if she’s distracted enough by the cake.

“Ooh,” Scootaloo exclaimed, “I’ll get the frosting. We’re going to need all the colors if we’re going to get Rainbow’s cutie mark on it.” The idea was actually a like simplier than you thought. At least she was staying within means of what was possible since with how small the cake would end up being you’d be able to help with the proper frosting spread for the design.

“Hey what’s this stuff?” came Scootaloo’s voice as you set the cake on the table. You looked over to find her staring at a jar of pink goop. You had not seen it before yourself so you trotted up to take a better look at it.

The contents were very watery so it wasn’t jelly, but still too thick and left a trail that didn’t make it juice either. Well this is a kitchen so many it was edible, but you didn’t want to take that chance either.

“Let’s just leave it alone,” you finally said. Before you could turn however, Scootaloo had spun the lid of the jar and popped open the top. “What are you doing?!”

You tried grabbing for it but Scootaloo jumped back and smelled the contents. “Wow this stuff smells really good.” She suddenly seemed unable to stand straight and a large blush was over her cheeks as she looked back at you. Just what was in the jar? “Ya know Cog, I’ve been holding back on somethin’.” Oh crud she was slipping into an accent and slurring. This wasn’t good.

The jar tumbled from her grip as she trotted toward you, the liquid spilling all over the floor and getting on her hooves. You held your breath, not wanting the same effects to take you in as you tried to back out of the kitchen.

Instead you were met with soft flesh. “Oh hi Coggy,” chimed Pinkie Pie is her usual bubbly tone. Oh no, don’t inhale. For the love of Luna Pinkie, do not inhale. “What’s that smell?” Shit.

It was at this point Scootaloo caught up to you and brought you into a very odd embrace with her hooves on your leg joints that corresponded as Pinkie’s nose wrinkled. You needed air. You couldn’t last very long if this pink goop was now on your shoulders too.

“Oh for the love of Luna,” cried Pinkie Pie scanning the kitchen. “Which one of you opened my Heart’s Desire Frosting? I didn’t even get the sticky stuff out of it yet to put on Milky Way’s cake yet. It’s gonna take forever to clean.”

Well that at least finally confirms your earlier ignored train of thought.

Author's Note:

So yeah, not much to say here accept YES, the rest of this chapter is going to be Scootaloo stuck with her hooves on your shoulders and hips.