• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 814 Views, 52 Comments

Empress of Flame 4: The burning truth - Pathious



Sunset has been given another chance to make her life right before having it result in equestrias foreseen end. Will sunset make use of this second chance.. or is there more to this flame that burns inside

  • ...
7
 52
 814

The truth and nothing but the truth

Author's Note:

i might make you cry

Sunset was once again seeing the world around her through the yes of empress whom was now on the hunt. Sunset felt allot of pain in the back of her neck as she was thrusted into a familiar memory.

The timber wolf pounced on her sister Tiger lily. That was when the picture shrunk down a little and there were two babies in a crib. They were both playing with dolls that looked like Timber wolves. Sunset one of the children in the crib was pretending to have the toy pounce on her sister.

"He got you" she giggled at Tiger lily as she tossed the toy. It landed on her own lap as it fell back down.

"Sunset nuuu... He cant get me..momma would be mad." Tiger lily said as she pouted. "I don't want to play this game anymore." she started to crawl for the raised barred end of the crib. The crib was open on the one end so the kids could get out when needed.

"Tiger don't be that way come back and play with me.~!" Sunset giggled as she pulled her back pretending the toy dog was attacking again. She made Tiger lily fall over which made the crib shake. a small important screw became dangerously loose. as the two were giggling. Tiger lily and Sunset were having the best time two tots could have. Tiger lily like usual was quickly getting scared by the timber wolf toy.

"sunset i really want to stop playing t-this game." Tiger said as she stood up in the crib going for the raised exit again. Sunset tossed the toy at tiger. Time seemed to slow down as lily fell down. The raised crib exit came down on her neck very hard. Time appeared to speed up again as the child had blood shoot out of her nose and mouth from the impact of the cage door.

"Mama~!" Sunset yelled for her mother instantly as she saw the red liquid shoot out. Sunsets horn tried to produce magic to lift the heavy door off her sister. The magic was no use she wasn't strong enough.

"H-help m-me" Tiger said in a gargled voice as the timber wolf toy tumbled to the floor in the distress. The eyes of Tiger lily had become blood shot as black color now consumed the whites of her eyes. Celestia came in as Tiger went limp. The room was silent for sunset as coughed blood from her sister was on her face. Celestia was yelling out as she held the limp and dead tiger with magic. Sunset couldn't hear any of it for her state of shock was consuming her. Blood dripped from tiger mouth and onto the toy. Sound slowly came back to sunset as she could hear her mother crying.

"Why~!" Celestia yelled as she held her limp child. She looked at Sunset who had been staring this whole time in shock. Celestias horn began to glow which caused sunset to abruptly pass out.

Sunset saw the memory slowly fad as she now realized that it was her fault that her sister had died. The timber wolf memory wasn't how it really had happened. The wolves were nothing but a representation. Sunset felt like she should curl up in a ball and cry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empress landed next to Sombra who had been running this whole time. Her halo like eyes staring at the king of Darkness.

"If it isn't the blood of one of my daughters." Sombra said with a chuckle. "Shame really that one had to die." he grinned as his eyes began to flow with dark magic. Empress had a grin as well as she listened to the words Sombra was uttering.

"Shame you were banished before you could care for either of them." Empress flexed her wings and lighting struck above. Sunset was watching through her eyes like windows. She wanted out. She wanted to turn back. This conclusion was heading rock bottom fast. The portal had to be getting overheated much quicker now. When she thought about the portal she sent a message uncontrollably to Empress who had the sudden realization of what was at stake. Empress looked deeper into sombras eyes. Sombra was clearly angry as he was staring back at her. He looked ready to charge. Empress quickly turned and started flight for the school. Sombra started to float on his black smoke cloud. Empress was flying full speed for the rock statue as Sombra was right on her tail. Sombra was inches from grabbing hold of her when they collided with the portal that was now active. Empress went through the portal as she felt a pain throughout her whole body. Upon exit the portal had split empress from Sunset Shimmer. They both landed on the other side as separate beings.

"It's about time you get back." a Soft voice was heard. Celestia had entered the room. "I suppose by now Tiger lily has shown you all the truth. You really think Daydream can turn back time and make sure no pony else remembers. Y\I wanted one kid. You were suppose to be the one under the crib door." Celestia teared up slightly as she thought back. Sombra finally walked through the portal.

"You... planned that." Sombra said as he exited. Celestia had the most surprised look upon her face.

"So you brought your father back with you.. how wonderful..I suppose you both have to die today then." Celestia slowly spread her wings as the hazy image of Tiger lily slowly fused back with Sunset. Sunsets eyes immediately went dark.

"You killed me..." sunset said in a very crazed voice. "I'm going to kill you~!" She pounced for Celestia whom quickly reacted with a bounding spell. Golden chains now held Sunset to the ground. Sunset looked back to see her father was also bound. Celestia was walking towards him., her magic wielding a golden sword.