• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 814 Views, 52 Comments

Empress of Flame 4: The burning truth - Pathious



Sunset has been given another chance to make her life right before having it result in equestrias foreseen end. Will sunset make use of this second chance.. or is there more to this flame that burns inside

  • ...
7
 52
 814

All hail

sunset slowly woke to the sound of Daydreams voice. She had the biggest lump on her forehead from the fall. She looked up to see something she had never seen before. There was a large spiraling mist in the sky. Black tendrils coming from its center. Helicopters reporting the incident were flying rather close to the anomaly. Sunsets eyes were wide as she saw this huge thing in the sky. She slowly and shakily climbed out of the dumpster. Her cyan eyes were sparking with magic as she exited the dumpster. Sunset felt magic surging through her like never before. She fell to her knees as she let out a scream. That was when she heard Flash.

"Sunset what the hell are you doing out here?" He said as he ran to her side. A loud siren like sound went off as three military jets flew over head. Sunset looked at flash whom was helping her up.

"Flash it's to dangerous for you. Go~!" She yelled at him as she saw the anomaly in the sky was getting bigger. Green arks of lighting were now constantly arching across its whole surface.

"Sunset i can't just leave you here, I care to much for you." He said as he tried to rush her to his car. Sunset looked up and saw a crashing jet. The plane fell and hit Canterlot high in the distance. The explosion was quickly followed with the sound of sirens heading that way. The larger siren nearly overpowering the smaller fire sirens. She slowly got in the car with Flash. Her head still full of pain as she looked up at the sky again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"alright we are live from the sky" The reporter said as he held tightly to the support in the helicopter. "As you can see the anomaly is sparking like crazy, The military is here yet they have not said anything as to if this thing is dangerous or not." The reporter said as the helicopter hit some air turbulence. "This thing is giving off such an energy that the power plants nearby have been overloading. Superficials are keeping them under control to make sure they don't melt down." The reporter looked out the window. "Wait..... what the hell is that?" a black mist was headed right for the copter. The mist hit the copter and there stood Sombra now in a human form. Her held the camera man up in the air as he stared directly into the camera. His face now on live television. The sound of a breaking neck was heard as the camera then fell out of the copter. The last thing it saw before hitting the ground was an explosion from within the copter.

"holly shit i just saw one of my fellow reporter get taken out of the sky. From what appears to be some kind of super human." Another reporter said as her was shaking and sweating from the site he had just seen. "It attacked and then returned to the cloud. The military have reported that they have heavy artillery now in bound. "Wait.. i think it leaving the sky~!" The reporter said as the mist was now headed in a streamline for the ground. Tanks and military below it.

"Repair yourselves men this thing is on it's way down here." The captain said as he looked at the far off media. "this is a threat con delta. Specifically from the equestrian origin." It was obvious now that the human world was aware of Equestria. The media had luckily caught them saying it. Sunset heard this over the radio and her eyes widened.

"They know about my world." She reached over and grabbed hold of the steering wheel. She pulled flash over to where she originally was as she now had control of the wheel. Knowing Sunsets frisky attitude. This was going to be one hell of a ride. She pulled the e brake as she drifted to turn around. She released the break as she steeped all the way on the accelerator. The tires spun creating smoke as the vehicle now was shooting down the road. Flash was holding onto his brace bar as she drove so fast. He felt he was going to get sick. She saw the military as the mist had hit the ground. Sombra now standing before them. She sped the car in the direction as she ramped it in the direction. Time felt like it was slowing Down. Sunset opened the door as she used the cars force. She tackled Sombra to the ground.

"F-fire~!" One of the officers said as the military all shot at them. The bullets began to melt away as heat was coming off of Sunset. Bursts of magic started to come off of her. The color of the magic was yellow and it was following the beat of her heart. She floated off of sombra who slowly got up. a Smile upon his face as he recognized the magical essence coming off of Sunset. Bright Yellow wings of light shot from Sunsets back as a red Stripe appeared around her eyes. Flames flowed on the surface of her skin as a white dress was now forming. Sunset looked at Sombra who was now floating across from her. She let out a scream as she turned completely into the one and only Daydream Shimmer.

"What a pretty thing you turned out to be my dear." Sombra said as he sneered in her direction "I see Celestia in you still." He said as he threw his arms back causing crystalline structures to shoot from the ground. Many of these speared through the military vehicles.

"King Sombra." Daydream said as she floated towards him. "Darkness still consumes you i see."

"I come for my daughter~!" Sombra said as a black tendril swiped Daydream out of the sky. She flew and hit a building nearby. She crashed through the building and even though she had not planned it she avoided hitting anyone when she when through the window. She was against harm to humans. She looked out the broken window to see Sombra was scaling a building using crystals. A military helicopter shooting it's mini gun his direction. Sombra looked in its direction as he swiped his hand the propellers of the copter were clogged by red Crystalline structures. Daydream flew out the window and in his direction. Her hands were glowing in a yellow aura. She shot a huge beam of energy at him. The yellow magic knocked him back and into the building her was scaling. Daydream went through the hole after him. Just as she entered more black Tendrils wrapped around her. She was unable to fight back as the Tendrils were sucking energy from her. Daydream was slowly turning back to Sunset Shimmer.

"I'm s-sorry." Daydream said as she disappeared leaving Sunset in her true form.

"There is my daughter." Sombra placed a tendril on Sunsets Forehead. a Flash of a memory went through her head.

Celestia was in the hospital she was holding two babies. Tiger lily loved Sunset in a different way then she perceived. They... were... sisters.

Sunset opened her eyes as she saw she was now falling through the red mist in the sky. How did she get this high in the air. The ground was several feet below her. Sunset was overwhelmed with emotion. She had always thought her mother was somepony else. She never knew it was Celestia. Sunset felt a green lighting bolt slam into her as she fell through the cloud. This was the end. Her second chance had only lead her to the beginning of a much bigger story. That was when she thought about it. There was only one way out of this. The ground still several hundred feet away as she started to sing the same song that had let her change at will in the future.

"I'm sick I think I'm sick, Sometimes I think I get like this, I bite my tongue, I clench my fists. Resist at first and then reverse." Sunset's hair beginning to flow like fire slightly. ""The night knows me by name. Its shadow trained to dull the pain. All the black begins to blur. Resist at first and then immerse." Sunsets skin started to turn red. "It tires me, it makes me sad. To think of all the nights I've had. Eyes shut tightly, I shut down. Won't be that much longer now. In the quiet, in the dark. All my ideals fall apart. When they come for me again. Resist with everything I am" Empresses demonic wings ripped out in formation. as Cyan rings formed around Sunset. They streamed down her body fast enough it was like a strobe light. ""It tires me, it makes me sad. To think of all the nights I've had. Eyes shut tightly, I shut down. Won't be that much longer now!" sunset throws her hands out to embrace Empress. "I'm sick, I think I'm sick. Sometimes I think I get like this. I bite my tongue, I clench my fist. Resist at first and then reverse. Life's a war, you pick your fight. I think mine picks me first most nights. If I should wake before I die. Then promise me you'll never get this sick inside~" a large beam of cyan energy engulfed Sunset as she fully and violently turned to empress. Who then took over with singing. "Can't undo a word I said. Years of struggle still ahead. All the trouble in my head. I wish I were good instead, Can't undo a word I said. Years of struggle still ahead. All the trouble in my head. I wish I were good instead." Empress folded her wings as she was now only a hundred feet in the sky. She hit the ground and dust flew everywhere. All hail the Empress of flame. The story about to spew out like blood from a slit neck. The truth about to be told.