• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 814 Views, 52 Comments

Empress of Flame 4: The burning truth - Pathious



Sunset has been given another chance to make her life right before having it result in equestrias foreseen end. Will sunset make use of this second chance.. or is there more to this flame that burns inside

  • ...
7
 52
 814

Empress...your lost.

` Sunset was really confused as to what the hell she had seen... Was that pony Celestia was kissing. Was it really Sombra? If so, then why and how? Sunset felt really lost. She was also so afraid. The dreams usually meant Empress was trying to take control. Sunset wished she could just go through the portal. The one that Empress had closed with obvious intention on allowing the past to repeat itself. If this was so then that would mean Empress was another who had recollection of everything that had happened. Sunset looked over at flash and then she looked up at the ceiling. The room was so quiet which allowed her to think clearer then she was before. How was she suppose to know what Empress was trying to show her. Then it hit her. Sunset had to allow her mind to slip into rem. A kind of sleep that occurs at intervals during the night and is characterized by rapid eye movements, more dreaming and bodily movement, and faster pulse and breathing. Sunset felt the sweat slowly running down her face as she thought about doing it. She laid back and closed her eyes. She let out a deep long sigh.

"Alright Empress give me all you got." Sunset said, almost instantly she felt a wave of electricity shoot through her body. This put her to sleep instantaneously.

"Luna you know i cant miss my meeting with the crystal empire." Celestia said as she stared down upon her sister. "The king of the area seems to be getting worse and that could lead to him falling into darkness. "i always knew they should have never let that pony into power."

"I understand sister but i don't understand why your not allowing me to come with?" Luna said as she got up off of her thrown.

"I have my reasons Luna. Trust me for once when i say i can handle this on my own." Celestia said as she had finished getting her dress on. She wanted to look good for when she had this meeting. She had been secretly mingling with the king for some time. She had gotten really close to him. So seeing this evil side of him made her uncomfortable. So maybe she could talk some sense into him before he did anything drastic. Not long after the talk Celestia found herself outside the castle door of the Crystal Empire. It did not take long for Sombra to open the door.

"Princess what a delight to see you." He smiled as he tried to keep his composer around the guards. He didn't want anypony finding out about the royal affair. "Please come inside where we can be alone." Sombra said with a very stern look as his eyes shifted to look at the still floating crystal heart. His eyes flashed in a cyan color briefly as he looked at it. Celestia slowly followed him inside. He turned towards her. "So how far along would you say you are now.?" he looked at her stomach

"The baby is not why i am here. Me and my sister have heard some interesting rumors." Celestia said with a blush as he had mentioned their baby. "I really hope these not to be true, i would hate to have to..." She lowered her head.

"Use the elements against me?" Sombra said as he levitated his helmet like crown ontop of his own head. "Are you saying you would consider me the same as Discord? The one you and your sister imprisoned." Sombra let out a soft chuckle as a dark mist started to come from his eyes.... "Celestia i thought you were better than that." he grinned. "I was wrong clearly."

"S-sombra you have it all wrong.. i just want you to make the right choices. for our family. The one me and you both wanted."

"The same one you refuse to make public?" Sombra said as he faced away from her. "How am i even supposed to know that the kid is mine."

"Sombra how dare you~!" Celestia said feeling hurt... "why would you make such a dark comment. "Seems some of the rumors have been true."

"Oh really? Maybe you could consider for once that the subjects of this damn empire wish for and alicorn to lead them. they want the unicorn gone. He has little power they all scoff at me. I will show them~!" Sombra said as her floated off the ground. The amount of Dark energy coming off the unicorn was astounding.

"Sombra, Don't do this.. your not like this~!" Celestia said reaching out to him.

"Apparently thou princess does not know me as well as she has proclaimed." He grinned as black tentacles of black magic shot from his back wrapping around Celestia. "Leave my kingdom or i will declare war upon you filthy castle."


"Sombra please honey don't do this." Celestia struggled to try and get free. She really didn't want to hurt him.

"I said leave now~!" Sombra tossed the princess against the hard crystal wall. "you and your sister have done nothing but judge my ruling. you only loved to keep me occupied~!" Sombra snarled as Celestia surrounded herself in a golden light of magic. She teleported away and into her castle bedroom. She cried into her pillow as she couldn't take the emotional heartbreak.


Sunset opened her eyes. She felt little control of her body. She felt rain pouring down on her. She was sitting on the roof of canterlot high. Her eyes looked down to see the elongated fingers of empress. She had turned into her while she was dreaming. The rain bated down upon her. Her fire like hair was the only thing unaffected by the rain. Sunset felt herself fully unable to do anything to if something happened. Empress slowly stood up her wings were clinging close to her silky looking red back. The rain made her gleam in a way that nothing had ever seen before. Sunset could feel that Empress was very calm. Empress wrapped her hand around a flag pole that was on the roof. She was looking around her for she had not been in the human world fro some time now. Empress looked as she saw the car of Flash sentry pull up. Flash had decided to go to school for he had forgotten some items inside. Empress saw as another car was pulled into the parking lot. A group of individuals exited the vehicle near flash. These individuals were now following Flash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Hey kid, what are you doing out here so late.. you know it's dangerous at night." One of the individuals said as he pulled out a pocket knife. Flash turned and saw the already soaked blade shinning in the lights of the light posts around them

"Whoa dude... No need for thats shit alright.." Flash said raising his hands slightly. "Just tell em what you want and i will give it to you."

" give us all the money on you." The man with the knife said as the man next to him pulled out a gun. "Or my friend her will put bullet in your pretty blue haired head." Flash gulped as he reached in his pockets to feel they were shallow and empty...

"I got nothing on me." Flash said feeling very scared... "Oh crap you guys are gonna hurt me aren't you?" The other man pointed the gun at flash. He was about to pull the trigger when he was distracted by the sound of large wings flapping.

"Brother did you hear that?" He said lowering his gun. "There is something else out here with us man." He looked around.

"shut up and shoot the idiot so we can get out of here." The knife man said as he put his knife away. He looked back at flash to see glowing eyes behind him. He fell backwards "Holy shit shoot, shoot" All the could see were glowing eyes as the man fired a shot. The eyes looked at where a should might be. That was when all the men heard a very deep growl come from whatever it was in the darkness. Empress flew up and then coming down drop kicking the gunned man into the side of his own car. Flash reacted running for his car. Flash got in as the rain was beating down. He skidded his tires as he shot out of the parking lot. He was on the phone quickly dialing 911. He didnt know what was going on. He only got a small glimpse of the thing attacking.

"stay back said the guy who had taken his knife out once again." He saw flashes car leave way out of site now. He then trained his tired eyes back forward to see the thing was gone. He was slowly backing up when he felt needle like talons grasp his shoulder. He was quickly pulled up into thew air. His weapon falling way down. He looked up to see a demonic creature holding him. Empress flew at the roof peek of the school. She flew low and close to the roof as she dropped him down landing on him. When he hit the ground he made quite the thump. some blood coming from his mouth. Empress had her large boot placed on him to keep him still. Empress looked down upon the human who had a life of crime.

"You think it's fun to pick on people who can't defend themselves." she flapped her wings and as she did lighting lit up the sky. The energy in the sky was rather attracted to her. "You shouldn't try and hurt other when you don't know who might love them." Empress said as she placed more weight on him. Her sharp heal was nearly about to stab into his chest. The man let out a scream as red and blue light started flashing in the distance.

"I need money.. i need it, no one around here is willing to give a guy like me a job." He coughed up more blood as she placed more weight on him. Empress gave the man a look as she placed a hand on his chest. The man started to scream loudly as he started to catch on fire.

"I'm sure you'll have someone to pay for your funeral." Empress flew straight up to let him burn alone. The guy screamed loudly as he jumped off the roof hoping the puddles below would put out the flames. Sunset who was seeing all this was crying inside. She could stop empress from doing anything. she was helpless.

"Empress stop your lost stop~!" Sunset yelled but was not able to be heard. Sunset screamed out and empress started to change back in mid flight. She was to low on energy to be able to keep her form. Sunset found herself falling very fast as she had no wings. she was pinwheeling to the ground as the last thing she saw was the rim of a dumpster. She fell inside her head hitting the lip of the top. She was out cold. she was out cold in a dumpster that had slimy cold and wet garbage filling it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset had the feeling of bleeding as she was drifting in and out of dreams.

"Wake up honey you have to wake up... you cant fix anything if your dead." Sunset heard a very soft voice as she was still drifting in and out. "Wake up hurry before it's to late." She saw the faint image of daydream reaching out a hand to her. "Hes coming hurry he knows."

Author's Note:

first time ever you get both point of views :D that dream sequence though. what do you think. Whats going to happen. and i bet your all excited now fyi i drew this picture int he chap