• Published 2nd Jan 2016
  • 4,860 Views, 76 Comments

Alphacorn Restoration - AkumaKami64



Alpha Church appears in Equestria: He is now an Alicorn with ponifed Halo armor and weapons, along with the AIs(Beta/Tex included) made from his fragmented mind, which may or may not be deteriorating. They may not be sure how to react to him.

  • ...
6
 76
 4,860

Dreams and Weapons

Twilight Sparkle sighed as she walked through Ponyville, heading towards Sweet Apple Acres. The town, like her, wasn't in a cheerful mood today. Everyone had a tired, sad or otherwise troubled look about them. Not that she could blame them, she was much the same after...whatever last night was.

And whatever indeed; She had thought it was a random nightmare at first, something left over or inspired by her experience with Discord, or maybe even Nightmare Moon. It was rare for Luna to miss a Nightmare like this, but not unheard of- get too many intense nightmares on the same night and not even the Dreamwalking Alicorn can stop them all. Still, after asking Spike and making a few 'bad night?' questions offhandedly to ponies in passing, Twilight concluded that something else was up. Mass nightmares on the same night? Now that was disturbing.

The trouble was, Twilight's nightmare, if it could be called that, was filled with a lot of lights and screaming, with little else that she could remember.

Hopefully, talking with her friends would get her a better idea of what was going on.

*sniff*

She stopped in surprise as she heard the sound, turning to see Apple Bloom sitting on the side of the road with a sad, quivering look on her face.

"Apple Bloom? Is something wrong? Are you hurt?" Twilight asked in concern, trotting over to the filly.

The young mare looked up at the scholar unicorn with glistening eyes, so lost and confused, "What's wrong with him, Twilight?" She asked softly.

"Who? Big Mac?" Twilight asked, wondering if she had upset her elder brother somehow.

The young earth pony shook her head sadly, "The stallion in ma dream," She answered simply.

There was something ominous about hearing those words from this child, "What stallion? Aren't you a bit young to be having dreams like that?" Twilight asked, forcing a smile and a teasing tone to try lightening the mood.

Apple Bloom, not falling for Twilight's bait, just shook her head, "He was cryin an screamin an...an..." Apple Bloom trailed off as she choked back a sob, "I...tried to help him, but I couldn't get close ta him. I...don't even think he heard me. He just kept screamin," She said with more sorrow than a filly her age should know.

Twilight swallowed her shock at her sincere tone, as she believed every bit of that was real, "I-it's okay, Apple Bloom, it was just a dream. No one was hurt," She tried to assure, placing a comforting hoof around the smaller pony.

"But...Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were there with me," Apple Bloom retorted quietly, staring at the Element of Magic with a strange, almost pleading look.

Twilight froze at that, her eyes wide. If the fillies really were having a shared dream, it had to be something important, "Can...can you tell me about the stallion?" Twilight asked curiously.

Apple Bloom nodded absently, "He's really big, like Princess Celestia. He's covered in this blue metal stuff all over his body. Almost like one of those knight suits in the stories, but with these little lights coverin it. His tail is black and a bit spikey. His helmets got a horn. I don't know if it's real or not. He's got wings though. Big ones. I don't know whatcha call that part of the wings, but the boney part is covered in the armor too. And there's this...orange glass over the eyes," Apple Bloom described slowly, as if she could still see the pony.

Twilight painted the odd picture in her head, scrunching her eyebrows, 'Strange. It sounds like an Alicorn, but I've never heard of a male one- and the horn might just be part of the helmet's intimidation factor. The only blue armor I know of are the Lunar Guards though,' She mused before blinking, 'What if this is some ancient supporter of Nightmare Moon!? It would make sense, considering the nightmares. Maybe that's why Princess Luna couldn't stop the nightmares! She was trying to deal with the source of them!' She theorized, wishing she had brought Spike with her to send a letter to the royal sisters to verify or disprove that- or, if Luna was unaware still, inform her.

"There...was one other thing," Apple Bloom said with a thoughtful frown, getting Twilight's attention, "Well, more than one. He had these weird...things attached to him. Two of them were small, on his flank. They were like some kind of bent bars. Two others were under his wings and they were longer and bigger. And on his back was this...long pipe-like thing," She explained in confusion.

Twilight stared at her oddly, telling Apple Bloom she wasn't sure either, 'Magic tools, perhaps? Assuming Apple Bloom didn't imagine any of this, it sounds like some old legends of weapons with vague, contradictory descriptions...'

Meanwhile

Delta was concerned.

Theta was scared.

Beta was worried.

Omega was confused.

Alpha was not.

"Well, the motion tracking still works," Church commented, watching as a fox scurried off through the forest.

"That's good news, I guess," Tex mused with a shrug as she watched him from one side. Theta and Omega were floating near her while Delta was by Church's shou-withers, "So...we're not going to talk about your little episode?" She asked awkwardly.

"Can you fix it?" Church asked bluntly, folding and unfolding his wings, trying to get used to moving them.

"Negative," Delta answered honestly, getting a glare from Tex, "None of us possess sufficient knowledge of the subject to assist in fixing this, Alpha," He confirmed.

"Then no, I'm not going to talk about something we can do nothing about while I still have a new body, a techno-magic suit of armor and a whole new world, if not reality, to figure out right now," Church answered matter-of-factly.

"Bite me for caring," Tex muttered under her breath.

"Delta? You...you got any ideas on how to fly?" Church asked curiously, almost grinning under his helmet.

"Fly?" Theta asked, perking up instantly.

"Fly? Church, that suit weighs half a ton, literally, before. Now it probably weighs a full one," Tex pointed out.

"Tex, it's fucking armor designed for a winged horse. If...whatever created this thing has half a brain, I doubt it took away my ability to get air superiority," Church countered.

"You are both correct, actually," Delta chimed in, stopping any arguments before they got too far, "By my calculations, the armor does in fact weigh within a small margin of being one metric ton, thus making flight under Alpha's own power difficult if not impossible. However, one of the armor's functions appears to utilize the wing armor and ports from the hooves to release increased amounts of Alpha's naturally generated energy in a manner that would make flight a possibility," Delta informed.

"Ha! Told ya, Bitch!" Church cheered, pointing a hoof at her.

"Great, you have the ability to fly. Just means I get to watch you fall on your face, Jackass," Tex retorted, "...Omega, you make us all uncomfortable when you're this quiet."

"Hm? You say something, Beta?" Omega asked absently, bringing his equine head up to look in her direction.

"Omega has merely been analyzing the weapons capacity of Alpha's armor," Delta elaborated.

"Weapons?" Church asked in interest.

"Yes, seems this suit came with the full shebang," Omega said with a small smirk, "Five firearms modeled after two MA pistols, two MA5 assault rifles and a modified replica of your oh-so beloved Sniper Rifle," Omega listed off with a diabolical chuckle, "And that's not counting the explosive launcher or some of the more melee-type armaments."

"Okay, A. You're creepy as hell. B. As badass at that sounds, I don't see any of that stuff on me. C. Where fuck am I supposed to get ammo for that shit?" Church asked in annoyance.

"A moment please, Alpha," Delta requested. Church swore he heard a small buzzing noise, "Under-wing mounted weapons activating," Delta called out as a small flash of light emitted under Church's wings, making him blink and unfold them to get a better look.

There indeed were two rifle attached to his tor-barrel. And while they looked very much like the genuine articles, the biggest differences were the lack of a detachable ammo clip or even a trigger. It was also attached by some sort of swivel stick near the back-end of the weapon, "Okay, that takes care of problem B, but what about ammo?" Church asked curiously.

"Maybe it shoots magic bullets," Tex snarked with a smirk.

"...Actually..." Delta started cautiously, his self-preservation routines kicking in.

Church jumped as the rifles shot a short burst of bright blue blurs at the tree he had been staring at.

"Oh, you have GOT to be shitting me!" Tex groaned, face-hoofing.

"Well hot damn!" Church said with a grin, "Delta, that mean I got infinite bullets?"

"All of your ammunition seems to be formed from dense amounts of your own energy, which you and Beta have chosen to designate as Magic, so "infinite" in the sense that you can make more without limit as long as your life force holds out. As I do not possess enough data to determine how quickly using these weapons will deplete your energy or how much time recharging yourself would require, I cannot say how long you could commit to continuous fire," Delta explained.

"Eh, I'll take it. Means I never got to worry about Caboose misplacing the fucking ammo again," Church mused.

"Umm, Alpha...?" Theta called quietly.

"Yeah? What's up, kid?" Church asked, tilting his head curiously over his shoulder to the AI.

"A bunch of creatures are coming this way," The child-like AI informed in worry.

"What?!" Everyone asked in shock, minus Delta.

"Theta, I thought you were observing that motion tracker while I assisted Alpha?" Delta asked with what might have sounded like scolding on anyone else.

"I'm sorry! I thought they were just passing through, then they got closer, then there were more of them and...I'm sorry," Theta apologized, dropping his head in shame.

"Well, looks like we'll have some fun after all, hahaha," Omega mused darkly.

"Why did you think putting the kid as the look-out was a good idea?" Tex asked to Delta in annoyance.

"Okay, everyone shut the fuck up!" Church said sharply, glaring at the AIs, "From now on, all of you run shit by me before you make bullshit decisions like this! Theta, stop sniffling, no one is mad at you. Omega, we're not going murder-happy here you psycho! Delta, turn the guns off, I don't trust Omega to not hijack them. Tex, you think you can get the cloak working?" He instructed quickly as the guns vanished.

"Ummm, maybe? Is it even in there?" Tex asked uncertainly.

"It is," Delta answered bluntly.

"See, it is. Now all of you turn your ghost-selves off and get in my head or whatever the hell you do!" He ordered urgently.

"Aww, Poo," Omega said with an audible pout as he faded away.

"Be careful, Alpha," Theta requested meekly.

"Hologram shutting down," Delta answered dutifully.

"Well, here's hoping," Tex said with a sigh as she flickered out of existence.

Church sighed as he drew his attention to his hud. There was indeed a motion sensor map, indicating about half a dozen potential hostiles, coming up towards the area...where he leveled all those trees.

'Told you we should have left before locals came to investigate,' Tex chimed in his head. Or his helmet, he wasn't sure at this point.

"Less talky, more cloaky," Church urged in a whisper.

'Oh? I could just let you figure it out,' Tex warned.

"Then I'll have fucking D do it while I sic Omega on you!" Church countered.

'I'd do it too!' Omega assured eagerly.

'Asshole,' Tex muttered with an eye roll, 'Okay, look, we have no idea how well this'll work, so...good luck,' She warned as she turned it on...

Meanwhile

"Wow."

That was really the only word to describe it. Dozens, perhaps hundreds of trees laid leveled before their eyes.

"Well, at least no pony will need to worry about cutting down wood anytime soon," One blue pegasus commented, her eyes still wide.

"Look at this," A white earth pony said in amazement, "It's like...something just swiped right through the trees."

"I think it would have had to be a dragon to do this, Double," A unicorn pointed out.

"Unless it was with magic," another unicorn chimed in, climbing atop the logs and examining the broken end.

"What is it, Link Stone?" Double asked curiously.

"This...looks way too clean to be snapped off," Link answered with concern.

"There...aren't a lot of unicorns that could do this with pure magic," The blue pegasus noted, voicing everyone's thoughts.

"Glider, you go check if you can't see anything from up top," Double advised, "The rest of us will look around here for anypony. Somepony could have gotten hurt for all we know," he pointed out as they nodded, "Be careful out there."

"You too, Double Diamond," Night Glider cautioned as they started to spread out.

The white earth pony scowled as he made his way through and around the broken trees, the recent destruction making the forest ominously quieter than it should be. Most of the animals were either gone or hiding still, likely waiting to make sure the destroyer was gone. Every little sound, from branches creaking to fruits falling, was louder and sharper to his ears. As if he wasn't on edge already.

He blinked as he found a stream. Or rather, what was on the other side of the stream.

There were no fallen trees on the other side of it and, on the banks of the waterway, there were hoof prints. Big and deep ones at that.

Scanning the area and finding nothing, he quietly crossed the water and examined the tracks, "Whoever this was, they were one big pony," He commented to himself with wide eyes. The size and depths of the indents alone painted the image of something much larger than the average pony. Unusual for a unicorn.

Double cocked his head as he noticed something...odd. The way the hoof marks were littered all over the area seemed like whoever it was had been in pain of some kind, as if they had been thrashing about. Not only that..., "There's something odd about these hooves," He murmured, seeing how smooth they were with strange little ridges in the design.

Looking around a bit more, he found a fainter trail of tracks leading away from the stream, into the undamaged forest. Perhaps he was too curious or perhaps he just didn't want to spook whoever was in there. Either way, he cautiously followed the tracks.

As he went, he couldn't shake the amusing yet disturbing thought that he felt like he was in a horror story: Alone, quiet forest, mysterious tracks, unexplained incidents, and the growing feeling that he was being watched.

No, seriously, he didn't even noticed when he first felt like he was the one being tracked down. He just knew it get worse when he entered a clearing...the tracks ending in the middle of it, 'Teleport?' He mentally pondered as he approached the spot.

He shivered as he got closer, feeling more and more that he was definitely not alone here, like an odd weight on his head, as if somepony was staring very intently at him.

The feeling reached its peak as he stood before the final hoof prints, seeing no other sign of-

Double Diamond suddenly shot around as he heard...something…a whirling, almost metallic sound. It was low, like a whisper, and impossible to pinpoint. Yet it was very, very close.

He looked every which way, seeing no source of the disturbance...but he did spot a strangely singed tree that caught his eyes.

Latching onto anything to take his mind of this feeling of being watched, he gulped and moved to investigate the new anomaly while taking a deep breath to calm himself. He really wished he had gotten the others before coming over here.

The scorch marks on the tree didn't make much sense to him. They didn't seem to be from flames so much as from small explosions. He might have thought it was a unicorn practicing dangerous spells, but there were also small punctures in the trunk, as if somepony had hammered in and removed a lot of nails…only...more violently.

Whatever this was, it wasn't painting a nice image to Double Diamond.

With sweat on his brow, he turned to get far, FAR away from here...only to stop dead in his tracks.

The hoof prints...wasn't the last set of them farther away than those?

Fear pumping through his veins, Double slowly walked around the outer edge of the clearing, keeping eyes fixed on the "empty" space near the center.

Just towards where he entered the area, he froze again, swearing that the dirt around the hoof prints moved.

His eyes shifted up and he saw it.

Or rather, he didn't see it.

Up until then, it looked like nothing was there, but just then? For a split second?

It looked like something "wasn't there," distorting lights and colors around it.

It was a pony shape. An Alicorn shape even...and unless Diamond had completely lost it...it was looking Right. At. Him.

Double Diamond ran as if the demons of Tartarus were chasing him.

Once he was a considerable earshot away, Church decloaked with a smirk under his helmet, "Predator ain't got shit on me!" He declared smugly.

"Terrifying the locals, really smooth first impression," Tex commented dryly as she flickered into existence beside him.

"Oh bite me," Church snipped with an eye roll, "What are the others up to?" He asked curiously.

"Don't know. They got really quiet after going into your...mindscape, I guess?" Tex answered with a shrug.

"Cheesy, but simp- Wait, what? Should...I be worried about them stomping around freely in my head?" Church asked in slight alarm.

Tex stared at him for a long, long time before answering in a slow, awkward voice, "You do remember we're all technically just the voices in your head, right?" She pointed out.

"Yes, I'm crazy, moving on," Church said with an eye roll, "Should I Be Worried About Leaving Them Unsupervised!?" He repeated pointedly.

"Jeez, calm down. No, I don't think so. They...we can't really do anything to the place. Besides, Omega actually..." Tex trailed off at that, getting his full attention now.

"Omega actually, what?" He prompted suspiciously.

"He likes it in there. All of them do, really," She answered, her wings twitching nervously.

"Huh..." Church looked down at that, not sure what to say or think on that just yet, "Still...what the fuck are those little bastards up to?" He mused, less concerned and more curious.

"I'll go check and bring back Delta, maybe drag Iota and Eta up here for you to meet," Tex commented as she faded away.

"...Now I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that can see these "holograms" or whatever they appear as now," Church muttered as he started to walk away from the direction the pony had run to, "Now to make myself scarce..."

Meanwhile

Tex decided it was best not to tell Church that his mindscape took the form of a certain abandon freelancer base on a particular ice planet…too soon to bring up that particular issue.

If the stallion Church had scared off was a good reference, the rest of the AIs were about regular sized in the mental realm- except for Theta, who was unsurprisingly kid-sized. She was still taller than them by a bit, so Church would dwarf them if he ever came into his own mind.

The seven of them were all lined up on the high walkway, overlooking the frozen field below.

Omega was in the center, front hooves on the sides of the platform, leering down at something and looking ready to jump off right then and there.

Flanking him was the pegasus Gamma and the unicorn Sigma. Their new forms were very much pony versions of their old ones, making them the only two without armor- Gamma being a near featureless and glowing entity of pale-blue, lacking even a mane or tail, while Sigma gave off the impression of being made of flames. His mane and tail, however, were definitely made of fire. Both of them looked a mixture of interested and displeased.

Next to Gamma was Delta, with Theta sitting on the far end while sticking close to the green AI. On the other end was fearful Eta and happy Iota, the ever inseparable twins of a unicorn and a pegasus. Eta's gold form shimmered in worry under the twirling lights of Iota's cyan wing, who looked very giddy about something.

Alarm bells could not have rung louder.

"Okay, I'll bite, what's got everyone so worked up?" Tex asked with a sigh as she approached the ledge.

"It is probably better -if you just see- for yourself," Omega answered, his voice flickering between his now-normal O'Malley voice and the deeper Omega voice.

Strike that, alarm bells just got louder. MUCH louder.

Tex eyed their tense frames a moment longer before looking out over the edge, noting the howling winds and the light snow fall. Were they doing that? Was Church? It was hard to tell. What wasn't hard to tell was what had them so on edge.

"...What. Is. That?" Tex asked, her voice colder in this mental realm than it would be in the actual world.

Out there, in the snow, was a dark blue object, trudging through the area.

"That, Beta, is an intruder-That, Beta, is an intruder," Sigma answered bluntly.

"How the FUCK do we have an intruder in Church's goddamn mind?!" Tex asked with a very obvious glare and snarl.

"Insufficient Data," Delta spoke up, "Perhaps it is some entity similar to an AI. Perhaps the native inhabitants here have some kind of ability to enter minds. For now, we have no reason to dismiss either scenario, or nearly any other."

"I still find it weird that the logical one is okay with the idea of magic and mind-walkers," Tex said with a sigh, "What do we do with it?"

"Her."

"Huh?" Beta asked curiously, looking to Delta in surprise.

"It's a mare, Texas!" Iota answered cheerfully.

"One. Who. Looks. To. Be. The. Same. Species. As. Alpha," Gamma added in.

Tex looked back out to the interloper, her vision enhancing slightly. While she couldn't positively guess the gender, she did agree with the other parts- those were definitely wings and there was a horn on that head.

"What now?" Theta asked meekly.

"...Delta, can we make the storm worse?" Tex asked thoughtfully

"Yes, as it appears to be a portion of Alpha's mental defenses. In fact, we are actually holding the storm at bay since we were unsure how we should proceed with this incident," Delta answered.

"Then let the storm rip. We'll tell Church about this afterwards, see what his take on it is," Tex recommended.

"Ahh, we don't get to try and make new friends with her?" Iota asked with a pout.

"Speaking of the Alpha-Speaking of the Alpha?" Sigma asked curiously.

"Alpha will meet with you and Gamma properly at his own leisure, Sigma," Delta answered instantly.

"He's still working through things, Sigma. I'm sure you all felt...THAT earlier," Beta reminded grimly, making Eta shiver- and not from the cold.

"Beta, would it not be wise to try and learn from this individual?" Delta asked, even as the storm started to pick up, trying to change the subject.

"Maybe, but I don't think Church would be very welcoming of anything invading his mind right now," Beta pointed out grimly.

"A fair point," Delta acknowledged.

"Omega, you're on watchdog duty. If she tri-" Tex ordered, blinking as she looked at his still form. Too still, "...Omega?" She repeated suspiciously as she walked over and poked him lightly...only for the illusion to disappear, "...Ah, son of a bitch!"

"It seems Omega has gone hunting-It seems Omega has gone hunting," Sigma pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

"When the fuck did he even leave!?" Tex growled, "Okay, new plan, hold the storm back again until I get to them. I'm going to go find Omega before he kills that bitch down there!" She ordered as she ran down the walkway as fast as she could.

"...You knew he was gone the entire time, didn't you, Gamma?" Delta asked knowingly.

"No. And. Neither. Did. You," Gamma lied with a smirk.

"Omega may force the intruder to reveal some of her abilities, and if Beta "saves" her, then that will convey to the intruder that this is not an entirely hostile environment, which will lead to us being more prepared if she or any others try to return here and possibly learning how one accomplishes such a thing as entering a mind," Delta explained stoically.

"...D, you can be really scary sometimes," Eta pointed out nervously.

"I do not mean to frighten, only to assist and protect Alpha," Delta assured.

Meanwhile

Princess Celestia bit her lip nervously as she paced her sister's bedroom, the younger Alicorn lying down in what looked like normal sleep but the sun princess knew to be something else entirely- her sister was traveling through the dream-world.

Usually, Celestia would not be concerned with this, as it was one of her sibling's special talents as ruler of the night. However, considering what Luna was attempting, it was granted that the elder sister would worry a bit.

Last night, the whole kingdom, if not the world entirely, was subjected to sensing magic translating the agony of some creature being pieced together in their dimension, bit by bit. How or why, no pony could possibly know.

However, if the visions she and her family had received were anything to go by, one thing was clear: The world had a new Alicorn in its midst.

Luna, with her link to the dream-world, could sense this mind rather easily. So, when she thought he was asleep, she decided to try and make contact with the new ascended.

Needless to say, Celestia was even more concerned when Luna jumped out of bed, flying to the ceiling while wrapping her hooves around herself, shivering like a leaf.

"Sister! Sister, you're back!" Celestia yelled in concern. When Luna had been younger, she had sometimes become too "into" another's dream, leading her to have trouble mentally coming back to reality, even after waking up.

"Cold. So very, very cold," Luna muttered as she floated down to the bed, wrapping the blankets around her form, hoping to ward off the phantom feelings of frostbite.

"Luna?" Celestia asked softly as she came over to her side, wrapping a wing around her.

"I-I am alright, Sister, ju-just need a moment to shake off the dream-sensations," Luna assured with a few more tremors, feeling her body slowly returning to its normal warmth.

"...What happened?" Celestia asked patiently.

"I entered the mind of a being that is scared, scarred, tired, confused, likely has a new body and has no idea who or what to trust. I got bucked up, Sister, and not in any way that could be described as pleasant," Luna ranted lightly, still keeping the covers on her, "His mindscape...It t'would actually make the Frozen North feel pleasant in comparison. Tis a strange place, with great metal structures."

"Metal structures?" Celestia asked curiously.

Luna shook her head, lacking an answer, "I never got close enough to see them in detail. The storm rolled in, blinding me and almost burying me. The winds made flight impossible."

"So, you didn't meet with him?" Celestia asked for clarification.

"Not with the Alicorn, no," Luna answered grimly.

"...Sister?" Celestia asked in confusion.

"There were two ponies in the snow, Celestia, in his mind. One was an Earth Stallion; the other was a large Pegasus Mare. She was holding back the other one and told me to leave. The other? There was something...strange about him, something dark about his presence. He only said one thing to me before the pegasus showed up to drive him off: You Have No Idea The Trouble You Are In," Luna explained with a scowl.

"You're...saying this being has other entities in himself?" Celestia asked in concern, knowing that could mean a lot of bad things…Nightmare Moon came to mind.

"No, I'm saying his mind is well protected," Luna answered with a sigh, "It has been a thousand years, Sister. For all I know, there are such mental defenses in our world. Or perhaps that are native to his realm."

"...You're going to try again, aren't you?" Celestia asked with a frown.

Luna nodded with a frown of her own, "I know not what he was, Celestia or truly what he is capable of. I am not even sure if he was ever truly aware of my presence. I can better prepare myself now, I believe, but I am not willing to abandon this venture yet. Besides, next time, I may at least be able to ask one of those...entities to deliver a message to the true occupant of that mind," Luna mused.

"Be careful, Luna, you of all ponies know of the things that lurk in the minds of others," Celestia cautioned, hugging Luna closer with her wing.

"And if this Alicorn is plagued by such things, all the more reason to establish contact with him, before he and others are endangered," Luna countered softly, relaxing into her sisters embrace.

Celestia sighed in resignation, knowing her sister was right. It was hard to stay objective when family was involved.

She glanced towards the window with a sad frown. Even the sunlight seemed dulled by last night's event, matching everyone's somber mood. No one had any idea how to make sense of it and only a few would suspect some sort of psionic wave being the result of it. Of course, that was only true as long as no one else had any dreams like they did. While she would welcome help in finding this new Alicorn, the last thing she needed was certain individuals trying to get to him first or misreading him as hostile. Or worse still, somepony over reacting to the stranger and making him think they were the hostile ones.

This was a very worrying situation, obviously. All she could hope was that he would be of a friendly persuasion.

Still, her dreams troubled her, but Luna had been too busy trying to find the newcomer rather than decipher what the nature of the dreams might mean, beyond announcing his presence and agony to the world. A broken mirror, the northern lights and a guard pony with many shadows? There was a meaning there, she was sure, but it eluded her.

She blinked as she found that Luna was snoring, a sign that she was truly asleep this time. With a fond smile, she tucked her sister into bed, "Rest up, dear sister," She whispered, kissing her on the forehead and heading out. She had duties to attend to herself, especially if she didn't want ponies getting too alarmed over the strange night and the melancholy that followed.

Author's Note:

Beta: Dragon_Wizard91

There we go, chapter 2! Sorry for the delay. I've had....some life issues mixed in with two or three cases of writer's block on this story. I've had Twilight's scene down for a long while, same with the scene right after it.

Still, hope this was worth the wait. Now Church has made first contact in several different fashions- I'm sure many of you have guessed where he's near now. And he doesn't even realize the whole world is actually aware of his arrival yet.

And, yes, he's got technomagic guns, among other things. I'm still working out the exact way I want the sniper rifle to look and work on his armor when it appears. Might be mounted on his back like a cannon.

Well, not much else to say, hope you all enjoyed this.