• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 2,094 Views, 24 Comments

Thrackerzod - Charx



Thrackerzod, born into Equestria as a normal, average unicorn filly, is really attempting to advance her own organization's power.

  • ...
5
 24
 2,094

Mentally Advanced

My name is Thrackerzod. I am a normal pony. Anything you read here that appears strange is merely the intense imagination of an average filly.

This is how Thrackerzod began her latest diary entry. Her sister Rarity said it was normal to have one.

The Elders had taken notice of a unicorn known as Twilight Sparkle. She had hatched a dragon egg, and was the protege of the immortal alicorn Celestia.

That had been 15 years ago, when Twilight was still a filly. Through careful planning, Thrackerzod was born into the body of a filly who would become close to Twilight as time progressed. The Elders knew not the importance of this filly, but they had informants in Celestia's court who had discovered that she was planning to send Twilight to Ponyville, and this filly was in an excellent position to spy on her when she arrived.

And today Twilight Sparkle had arrived. Thrackerzod was surprised at the friendship that formed between her older sister and Twilight, but accepted it as the proper course of events. It only got her closer to Twilight.

From the beginning Thrackerzod noticed that Twilight knew more about the occultic than she should, despite not appearing to have any connection to demons. In contrast, Thrackerzod observed another pony, Pinkie Pie, who was clearly influenced by demons and perhaps even a Great Old One, but had been driven insane by the contact.

Twilight did not have extensive knowledge of specific places or entities, as far as Thrackerzod could tell, but she was aware of the existence of points, and their convergence. Thrackerzod decided to test her.

XXXX

Ponyville was covered in snow, and the sky was obscured by clouds. The cover of darkness would aid Thrackerzod in her mission, which was why she had chosen this night. However, she needed a disguise. A filly breaking into her house and asking her to sign a demonic contract could arose suspicion.

She sat in her room, at the Carousel Boutique, eyes closed in concentration. Slowly, she extracted herself from the body she inhabited, until she slipped out as a cloud of darkness. The body fell over, only a shell. Thrackerzod quickly took over the body of the nearest two creatures, a cricket and a rat, and used her new physical form to lift the pony body into bed. She didn't want Rarity to become suspicious of anything.

Thrackerzod flew out the window, on her cricket wings. She was still the size of a filly, but looked as a demon would, walking out the gates of Hell.

Twilight's house was not the most secure. It was only a library, after all. Thrackerzod worked her way from the topmost branches to a balcony door, which opened to the attic.

Thrackerzod entered Twilight's room from the attic. She had been worried her new form would frighten Twilight, but it was sometimes a good thing to appear as an immensely powerful demon. Besides, she had an immensely traumatizing childhood, from what Thrackerzod could gather.

Thrackerzod creeped toward Twilight, a plan already in mind. She would take her to the Place Where All Points Converge, and show her the immense power the Elders were capable of. She did not know what Twilight was after, but she would surely accept a contract upon witnessing their power.

Thrackerzod began the spell, accessing Twilight through the Dreamworld. Her dreamscape was slowly morphed by Thrackerzod into the Place Where All Points Converge.

"Twilight Sparkle," said Thrackerzod, "Your consciousness has been transported by I, a great demon of the Dreamworld. We have much to discuss."

Twilight's dream self cocked her head, confused. She appeared innocent and pure, until her conscious caught up to her. Her faced screwed up into anger, "Where the Hell are we?! I didn't summon you! Only Princess Luna can access the dream-"

"I am a representative of the Elders. I have taken you here, to the Place Where All Points Converge, for our discussion."

Twilight paused and looked around. They were......underwater? Protected from the crushing depths by a bubble spell, similar to her brother's. They were in the middle of a city, but it was not in ruins. It had.....strange geometry, and magic symbols were imprinted on every building. Twilight pondered these things, realizing their location.

"This-this is-," she took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts, "This is R'lyeh."

Thrackerzod nodded, smiling, "I am pleased to see you have knowledge of this city. After the war-"

"ARE YOU CRAZY!? CTHULHU'S HERE! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!?!?" Twilight exclaimed rushing to the edge of the bubble.

"The Dead Cthulhu dreams. After the war between the Great Old Ones, the one that destroyed the race called humanity, the gods returned to rest. They left behind.....stains of their magic. These are called points, and are accessed by all creatures to use magic. It is nothing more than the remants of a war between giants," Thrackerzod paused, allowing Twilight to catch up, "Where points converge, magic is most powerful. This, the resting place of Cthulhu, holds the deepest magic. I propose a contract. The Elders need a spell preformed, and will give you all you desire. What do you wish for?"

Twilight grew a smug smile, surprising Thrackerzod. Any normal pony would be astonished by the current circumstances. "I've.....already been approached. By the people of Thorabon. They are with a man (he looks human) named Nodens-"

"Nodens? You've met Nodens?!"

"Well, no. I.......why am I talking to you!?! I don't want your contract! I'm going to help the people of Thoroban. They have something more powerful than these remnants of godly wars." Twilight sneered at her, like she was beneath her, "This is just a dream! I'm lucid dreaming! I can just wake up! It's not like there's some crazy powerful Dreamworld!"

Twilight disappeared. She must have awoken. Briefly cursing the Elder Gods, Thrackerzod quickly exited the Dreamworld and went back through the attic and scurried to Rarity's as fast as possible. The Sun was peeking over the horizon already. Twilight would likely take measures to prevent Thackerzod from meeting her again, holy water or something.

She could not be allowed to contract with Nodens. An Elder God?! What was she thinking!?! Thackerzod's superiors were called Elders, but they were certainly not gods. Twilight had to be stopped.

XXXX


Perhaps some explanation is required to better understand this account, wrote Thackerzod. The universe was created by the Blind Idiot God Azothoth, May He Be Praised! My organization, controlled by entities called the Elders, fights for the recognition of this God. Many say he is insane, but his power is crushing! All must worship him!

This planet, called Earth or Equus, was the battlefield for a great war of powerful beings, the Great Old Ones. They left magic behind when they retreated to their rest. The old race, humanity, was replaced by magical beings: ponies, dragons, griffons, etc. They use the remants of the Old Ones' war to perform magic. I myself am a being of the Dreamworld. I can access dreams, as well as the points (stains of magic), but that is the result of my physical unicorn body.

I was sent by the Elders to contract Twilight Sparkle to preform a spell. She, as the most powerful unicorn alive today, can withstand the immensity of what they ask of her. However, if she wishes to ally with a being as powerful as an Elder God, Nodens, she must be destroyed rather than allied. She currently has support of a race called "the people of Thorabon", who inhabit Leng. I know not of they are truly under the control of Twilight or pawns of Nodens. Neither do I know not the product of her power. I must render that useless before killing Twilight Sparkle.

Author's Note:

Based on the Mentally Advanced Series and the Cthulhu Mythos. MAS has alot of Lovecraftian stuff.

I may or may not continue this. :pinkiehappy: