• Published 15th Mar 2017
  • 14,980 Views, 1,230 Comments

Of Heaven and Earth - Garuda IV



It's been over a thousand years since Sol was hidden away and sealed in crystal. Now freed by Twilight and her friends, he must readjust to the present while also having to deal with old grudges both from and against him.

  • ...
34
 1,230
 14,980

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32- A Happy Hearth's Warming

Despite being irked from Sol and Twilight's moment being unintentionally interrupted by Shining, Celestia didn't let it bother her too much, knowing that they were clearly on the road to being a couple, and would be so in time, with our without her intervention. As for the rest of the night, it had been a rather pleasant one for her and everypony else involved. By the time the Hearth's Warming Eve Ball had ended, Celestia was pleasantly tired and fell to sleep soon after her head hit the pillow.

Laying peacefully in her bed, Celestia slept with a small smile as she dreamed of Sol's and Twilight's possible future together, and what it might bring. Unfortunatly for her, she was in such a deep sleep and so into her dreams that she didn't hear the doors to her room being thrown open. It wasn't until she felt somepony pounce on her and let out an "Oomph" that she woke up and saw Sol standing over her with an excited grin on his face.

"Wake up, mother! It's Hearth's Warming morning!"

Realizing what was going on, Celestia mentally rolled her eyes playfully at her son's enthusiasm for his favorite holiday. Of course, she couldn't help but feel joyful at the fact that she would once again be sharing these moments with him.

"Happy Hearth's Warming to you too, Sol," Celestia said in her loving, motherly tone.

Wrapping her forelegs around him, Celestia hugged Sol and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Feeling Sol return both gestures, she watched as he got up and darted out of her room, before hearing Sol burst into Luna's bedroom to probably wake her in the same manner that he had with her.

Chuckling, Celestia got up out of her bed, made her way over to her dresser, and cast a quick spell to fix her messy mane. Though her mane and Luna's were ethereal-like, that didn't exempt them from the wildness that was bedhead. Once her mane had been taken care of, she walked out of her room just in time to see Sol running out of Luna's bedroom and down the halls. Pausing for a moment, Celestia peeked into Luna's room and saw her younger sister sprawled out on her bed, grumbling to herself as she saw Celestia's head poking into her room.

"You need to teach your son self-control," Luna frowned as she slowly crawled out of bed.

"He's just excited is all," Celestia dismissed.

"He's a grown stallion, Tia, and a prince. I understand that this is his most favorite of holidays, but does he really need to be so exuberant about it as to jump on my bed and wake me like he used to when he was a foal? Because while it was admittedly cute back then, he is a lot bigger and heavier now than he was back then."

"Cut him some slack, Luna. It is only once a year he acts like this, and it's in private, so it's not like anypony else will know about it."

Luna gave a snort. "Have you forgotten our old saying about maids, sister?"

Celestia smiled as she remembered another of their old sayings.

"Maids know everything," she said with a small chuckle.

"Indeed. Even after over a thousand years, that unspoken rule still seems to apply even to today."

Her mane combed, Luna walked out of her room with Celestia as they made their way down towards the throne room where the hearth's warming tree had been set up at, talking to her sister as she did.

"I'm sure that you are aware of it, Tia, but new rumors about Sol have been spreading," Luna continued. "As it turns out, one of them is that Sol is your illegitimate son, due to you two sharing the same colored eyes and coats. Make no mistake of it, sister, that the similarities are there clear as day. If these rumors continue like this, it won't be long before ponies realize that Sol truly is of your blood."

"I know, Lulu," Celestia sighed. "Believe me, I would like nothing more than to announce the truth of Sol to not just Equestria, but to the rest of the world... but that will have to wait for a later time."

Luna, knowing what was bothering Celestia and why she was hesitant, placed a comforting wing over her.

"I know, sister. I just thought that I would bring it to your attention, if it hasn't already reached your ears that is." The two looked ahead and saw the doors to the throne room wide open. "But we can worry about that at a later date. Right now, we have a certain stallion-foal to control."

Celestia chuckled and trotted alongside Luna to the throne room, where they saw Sol sitting in front of the Hearth's Warming tree with an intense glare as he stared at two of the presents beneath it.

"You're not going to find out what's inside it like that, Sol," Celestia chuckled.

"I know, but I can't help it!" he exclaimed as he continued to try and think of what was inside. "They're too big to shake without risking breaking whatever they are."

I highly doubt that, Luna thought, giving a good-natured eye-roll as she walked over and sat down near Sol.

"So then, did everypony follow the one-gift-per-pony rule?"

"Yes, Aunt Luna."

"I did as well."

"Good." Luna looked over the six presents sitting beneath the tree. "So, who should go first?"

"I believe that Sol should go first," Celestia suggested, sitting beside Sol and wrapping a wing around him.

Luna shrugged. "I don't see why not. Very well, then. Sol, pick your gift to unwrap."

His excitement overtaking him, Sol reached for the box he had first stared at earlier, which also happened to be the larger of the two, which happened to stand about as tall as he was, and was about as equally long. Reading the nametag, Sol thanked Luna before he began to unwrap it. Once he did, he was surprised to see a set of full-plate armor that covered just about every part of him from head to tail, leaving any areas that weren't plated to be covered in a layer of chain mail, minus the wings. Along with the armor set was a white cape with gold trim that hung from the front of the shoulder pauldrons. But, although it looked like an ornamental piece of armor at first glance, after he gave it a few taps, Sol could tell that this was made of high-grade metal, and its silver and gold colors were not of those metals, but were painted on instead.

"I seem to recall that you've never owned a set of armor before," Luna began explaining, "so I figured that it was about time that you had your own. Granted you can change the composition of your own body and use that instead of wearing a suit of armor, but as was proven in the Coliseum, there may come a time in which you will need it."

Not to mention it compliments Tia's gift to you very well, she mentally added.

Sol ran his claw over the armor as he walked around it, being reminded of the identical colors and patterns it shared with his old hammer. After he made his rotation around it, he went over to Luna, wrapped his arms around her in a hug, and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you, Aunt Luna."

"You are most welcome, Sol," Luna said, wrapping her forelegs around Sol and returning the hug. A few moments later, they broke their hug with Luna clearing her throat. "So, who shall be opening their gift next?"

"I think you should," Sol quickly said, levitating Luna's gift to her. "It was pretty hard to find a gift for you two. I mean, what do you get the two ponies who could literally have anything they wanted with just a simple command?"

"When you put it like that, it does make shopping for us sound difficult," Celestia chuckled.

Sol smirked. "Which is why I had to get you something that hasn't even come out yet."

Luna paused and looked curiously at Sol. "What did you get?"

Sol's smirk turned into a grin. "Why don't you find out?"

More curious than ever as to what Sol got, Luna held the wrapped present in her magic and inspected it. She took notice that it was about eight inches tall by six inches wide, roughly a half-inch thick, and felt very, very light. Once Luna tore away the wrapping paper and got a look at it, her jaw dropped at what she was holding.

"But... h-how did you...?"

Sol chuckled. "I take it that you like it?"

Luna's head shot up at Sol. "How did you get this?! This isn't supposed to come out until next month!"

"Let's just say that during my travels around Equestria earlier this year, I met a certain somepony who got cornered by a group of thugs. After I drove them off and saved him, he thanked me and said that he owed me one favor. Of course, he did ask that I keep his identity a secret from everypony."

"What did he get you, Luna?" Celestia asked, trying to see what Luna got.

Luna looked to her sister and turned her present around for her to see.

"It's the Dissidium: Pony Fantasy game for the Neighstation! But I don't understand, Sol. Just who was this pony?"

"Sorry, Aunt Luna, but I'm not telling~" he taunted.

A second later, Sol found himself in a bone-crushing hug from Luna.

"This is a most wonderful gift, Sol. I look forward to playing it as soon as I can, and am sure to be playing it for a very long time. And once it officially releases and its online gameplay goes live, I shall dominate everypony!"

"Glad you like it," he strained.

Letting Sol go, Luna giddily pealed off the rest of the wrapping paper and began reading the back of the cover.

"Well, mother," Sol began, retaking his seat, "I suppose it's your turn then."

"I suppose it is," she said, smiling at how Luna was acting and how excited she was.

Looking back to the tree, Sol reached with his magic and levitated one of the presents out to Celestia. Taking it in her own magic, Celestia's smile widened when she saw that it was from Sol.

"Hmmm. I wonder what this could be," she asked to herself out loud.

Celestia looked over her present and how big it was, being four feet square, and two inches thick. Humming to herself at what it could be, she slowly began to tear off the wrapping paper until the front of it was exposed. When Celestia saw what it was, she gasped and her eyes shot wide open. Moments later, her eyes became watery with tears as she ran a hoof over the surface.

"Tia? What is it?" Luna asked, having taken notice of Celestia's rather extreme reaction.

Wordlessly, Celestia turned her present around for Luna to see, who too gasped when her eyes laid upon the framed, watercolor painting of Fissure, Celestia, and a baby Sol laying in a meadow in front of their old castle.

Awed by the painted picture, Luna looked over to Sol, who was watching them with a nervous look.

"Did you make this?" she asked Sol, who gave a weak smile and nod.

"Learning how to paint with watercolors was a bit tricky, so I had to ask somepony to help me get better, and then practice before I could get good enough at it." Sol rubbed the back of his head. "To be honest, between my work in the Underkingdom and spending time with you two and my friends, I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to finish it in time."

The sound of a sniffle drew their attention back to Celestia, who now had tears streaking down her face, along with one of the warmest smiles either of them had seen on her. Setting the painting gently off to the side, Celestia went over to Sol and hugged him tightly against her chest.

"It's beautiful, Sol. Thank you," she thanked with a nuzzle and another sniffle.

Happy that she liked his painting of their family, Sol relaxed and melted into his mother's embrace. For several minutes they remained, neither of them wanting to move from their spot until Luna gained their attentions.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this touching scene," she began, "but I believe that there are a few more gifts to unwrap?"

After wiping her eyes, Celestia kissed Sol's forehead before she let him go.

"Luna's right, there are a few more," she said, eyeing the next one that was going to be unwrapped.

Lighting her horn, Celestia lifted another large present from beneath the tree over to Sol, who took it in his own magic and eyed it. Unlike the last one, this one, while several feet wide, was a bit thinner by comparison, save for the middle of it. Curious, Sol unwrapped his gift and paused in mid-wrap when he saw what it looked to be. Blinking in surprise, Sol hastily tore the rest of the paper away, leaving him smiling widely at what he got. There in his claws, Sol once again held a heater-type shield made of ironwood in his left claw, while his right held a one-handed, double-headed war hammer, which glowed with a bright light as he held it.

"My hammer and shield! You found them!" he exclaimed.

Celestia smiled at how excited Sol was to have his old hammer and shield back.

"Yes. I found them last month tucked away far towards the back of the vault."

Sol smiled as he looked over his faithful hammer and shield, recalling the power behind his hammer and the magical boost it gave his light-type spells, and how his shield, while being as light as balsa wood, was also as strong as iron. And since the shield was made of ironwood instead of normal wood, it was highly resistant to the heat of fire, including dragon fire, and was basically immune to lightning.

Feeling a mix of joy and relief, Sol set his hammer and shield down against his armor and went to hug Celestia.

"Thank you for finding them, mother," Sol thanked, nuzzling into Celestia's chest.

"You are welcome, my little sun," Celestia said, nuzzling him back. "Happy Hearth's Warming, sweetie."

"Happy Hearth's Warming to you too, mother." Sol paused and reached out to Luna, who he then pulled over to join them. "And Happy Hearth's Warming to you too, Aunt Luna."

"And to you as well, Sol," Luna returned as she and Celestia sandwiched Sol with a hug.


Twilight sat in her parents' living room with a bunch of wrapping paper scattered about. Looking around, she smiled when she saw the rest of her family looking happy. Night was looking over his newest book on bingo strategies, Velvet was looking through the brochure for the mountain skiing trip her family got for her, Shining was watching Flurry, who was currently playing with the wrapping papers and bows, along with Cadence, who would idly fiddle with the new necklace that Shining got her, and Spike, who was reading over the newest edition of books and guides for Ogres and Oubliettes.

"Well, I think it's safe to say that this has been one of the best Hearth's Warmings we've ever had," Twilight announced, earning her a chorus of agreements in return.

"But it's not over yet," Spike announced, earning him confused looks from everypony.

"What do you mean, bud?" Shining asked.

"Give me a sec." Getting up from his spot, Spike made his way over to the stairs and up towards the spare bedroom he'd claimed. When he returned, he did so with a pair of unmarked Hearth's Warming presents.

"Spike? What are those?" Twilight asked, eliciting a grin from him.

"These," he began, holding them for everypony to better see, "are for you and me, Twilight."

"From who?" Night wondered, which only cause Spike's grin to grow.

"They're from Sol."

Surprised by this sudden revelation, Twilight remained silent as Spike handed her her present, before he sat back down in his spot and tore open the paper. Revealing the box, Spike tossed the lid off and arched an eyebrow in confusion at the piece of paper in it. Taking it out, Spike's eyes glittered and his mouth began to drool upon seeing the different types of gemstones that laid within.

Licking his lips, Spike was tempted to gorge himself on the gems when he remembered the paper that came with it. Resisting the urge to chomp on them, Spike opened the letter and began to read.

Spike,

Being part-dragon, I am aware of how delicious gemstones are to our draconic kind. So, my gift to you are these Fire Rubies, Forest Emeralds, Water Sapphires, Wind Diamonds, Sun Topazes, Moon Onyxes, and Twilight Amethysts.

Hope you enjoy them.

Your friend,

Sol.

P.S. Don't try eating them all at once. Trust me, I tried it before and it didn't go so well.

Spike chuckled as he finished reading that last part. "Well, well, well. No wonder why they look so delicious."

"I'm more curious as to where he got so many rare gems from," Cadence voiced. "Did they come from his hoard? ... does Sol even have a hoard?"

"Don't know, don't care," Spike said before he began sucking on one of the Forest Emeralds.

Watching Spike a moment longer, Twilight then looked back down to the wrapped-box laying before her.

"Well? Go on, sweetie. Let's see what you got," Velvet encouraged.

Nervous and excited as to what Sol got for her, Twilight light her horn and began tearing away at the wrapping paper until it revealed a brown cardboard box. Removing the lid, she saw that like with Spike's gift, there too was a folded note in this one, which she opened up and read silently to herself.

Twilight,

I know how much you love reading new books, and how much you love learning, so I'm giving you Starswirl's personal notes and books on magic that he had stashed away in my personal library in the Undercity's castle. I don't remember them being there before I was sealed away, so I'm guessing that he put them there afterwards. But I digress.

You're a smart mare, Twilight. More so than I can put to words... and it's one of the many things that I have grown to admire about you. I know that you'll take good care of them, and knowing that wonderful mind of yours, I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to make something out of what he left behind, or even create a whole new spell from them. I hope you'll enjoy these, Twilight. Thank you for all that you've done for me, and Happy Hearth's Warming.

Yours truly,

Sol.

As she finished reading the letter, Twilight felt a mix of emotions washing over her her. It started with surprise and anxiousness for Sol having even given her a gift, and once she read the letter, she felt a surge of joy and excitement that she had Starswirl's personal notes and books about magic. But, as she got towards the end and finished Sol's note, those feelings of joy and excitement had turned into a familiar warmth in her chest, one which felt very similar to how she'd felt when she and Sol almost kissed last night.

Knowing what this feeling was, Twilight smiled softly and took the top book out of the box, laying it on her lap as she gently glided a hoof over the cover.

However, Twilight wasn't the only pony who picked up on the emotion that was filling her. Off to the side, Cadence, having clearly felt Twilight's emotions suddenly swell with love, eyed her with a small, knowing smile.

"So, Twilight, what did Sol get for you?" Cadence asked, drawing Twilight out of her thoughts of Sol and back to reality. Of course, that didn't stop Twilight from smiling.

"He gave me Starswirl the Bearded's personal notes and books on magic."

Spike and everypony else in the room went silent and were now all staring at Twilight.

"... then why aren't you squeeing and bouncing all over the room?" Shining questioned, knowing how his little sister tends to get when it come to Starswirl and magic.

Twilight closed her eyes and gently hugged the book to her chest. "... no reason."


The sun had just set as Sol stood out in the castle lobby to greet Twilight and her family. Ever since he found out last night before they left, Sol had been looking forward to having this Hearth's Warming dinner with Twilight and her family. But, thanks to what almost transpired between them on the balcony, Sol found himself extra eager to see her... and a little nervous.

"Calm yourself, Sol," Luna said from beside him. "Honestly, you're acting as though you're waiting for your date to arrive."

Luna smirked when she saw Sol flinch at her words. Though he and Twilight may not have gotten together last night like she, Celestia, and Cadence had hoped, that didn't mean she wasn't going to mess with him while pretending to remain oblivious to how close he and Twilight had truly become.

"I-It's not like that," he stammered. "I'm actually nervous about how Night Light will act."

While Luna knew that Sol was trying to come up with an excuse, she did in fact believe his words there to be true. Though the two of them seemed to have gotten along well enough during the ball, Sol was still wary of Night's actions.

I suppose it's to be expected, she mentally sighed. He'll more than likely be like this for quite a long time, even if Night does approve of him and Twilight.

Luna was drawn out of her thinking when her ears perked up at an approaching sound from the other side of the castle doors. Knowing who was coming, Luna stood beside Sol as the two waited for their guests to arrive. As they did, Celestia teleported in in a flash of light.

"I'm not late am I?" she asked.

"Actually, sister, you are just in time."

Seconds after Luna said that, a pair of guards opened the door, allowing Twilight and her family to enter into the castle where Cadence rushed ahead of them to Celestia and Luna.

"Happy Hearth's Warming, Aunt Celestia, Aunt Luna," Cadence said as she shared a hug with them.

"Happy Hearth's Warming to you too, Cadence," Celestia returned.

"How was your day today?" Luna asked.

"Oh, it was exciting, and exhausting," Cadence replied with a tired sigh. "But, I've still got some energy left in me for this."

Once she was finished with them, Cadence turned to Sol. "Happy Hearth's Warming, cousin."

"And a Happy Hearth's Warming to you as well, Cadence," Sol returned.

Cadence walked over and surprised Sol with a hug. "By the way, good call with Twilight's gift. I also read the letter you wrote to her. That was a nice touch."

Knowing what she meant, Sol's body went rigid. "Did she like it?"

"Oh, I'd say that she more than liked it." Cadence let go of Sol and smirked. "But if you're that worried about it, why not ask her yourself?"

Thinking of doing just that, Sol turned to face Twilight, but stopped himself from asking her when he saw how she carried herself as she approached. Seeing her acting shy like that reminded him of their morning together, so Sol went with another question instead.

"Hey, Twilight. Are you okay?"

Without making eye-contact, Twilight gave him a small nod.

"Yeah... I'm alright," she replied before slowly looking up at him. "Hey... is there a place we can talk... in private?"

Sol paused and looked over to Celestia, who had been watching them since they began talking, while Luna was talking with Cadence and the others.

"Go ahead you two," Celestia told them. "The chefs had informed me before that the food won't be done for another twenty to thirty minutes still, so you've got some time."

"Alright. In that case, come with me, Twilight."

With a nod, Twilight silently followed behind Sol. After a few minutes of walking, Sol looked back to Twilight.

"I take it you would like to talk in the library?" he inquired, only to be surprised when Twilight shook her head.

"Not this time," she said. "Perhaps a place more private where nopony will bother us?"

"... in that case, I have an idea."

Wordlessly, Twilight continued to follow after Sol. As time went by, they came to a familiar wing of the castle which Twilight had traversed many times during her time living as Celestia's personal student. Passing the double-doors with Celestia's cutie mark, Twilight slowed to a stop behind Sol as they stood before another pair of doors.

"Other than mother, Aunt Luna, and myself, ponies rarely come here, so we should be alright."

Twilight watched as Sol pushed open one of the doors and held it open for her to go into. Giving a quiet "thanks", Twilight walked in to what she believed to be Sol's room and was immediately drawn to the cheery blossom tree that was growing in it. Surprised by the tree being there, along with it still having all of its pink petals, Twilight made her way across the floor, and onto the patch of soft grass, before she raised a hoof and placed it against the trunk.

"Is it alive?"

"It is," Sol answered, walking up alongside her. "I modeled this room after my old one in the castle down in the Underkingdom... although, I think I might look into getting some carpeting installed."

Twilight idly nodded before she winced from a glint of light that had caught her eyes. Looking over to see what it was, Twilight was surprised to see an armor rack that bore a full-body plate armor, along with a shield and hammer laying up against the wall right by it. Curious, Twilight walked over to them and eyed the armor, hammer, and shield. As she continued to look them over, her eyes widened and she turned back to Sol.

"These aren't the hammer and shield that you said had gone missing, are they?" Twilight asked, which caused Sol to blink in surprise.

"They are. I'm surprised you remember that," he said.

Twilight turned back at the hammer and shield. "How can I forget? You were so sad that day you returned to Equestria, and I remember how disappointed you were when you found out they were gone too. Where did you find them?"

"Actually, mother was the one who found them. They were apparently tucked way back in the vault, and she didn't find them until just last month. She said that she thought it'd make for a good Hearth's Warming present."

"I suppose it does," Twilight said with a giggle before she turned back around and faced Sol. "Speaking of Hearth's Warming presents, I wanted to thank you for the one you gave to me."

Sol gave a nervous smile. "Yeah, about that... did you like it?"

Twilight slowly shook her head. "Sol, I don't think that I can even begin to explain to you how much I love it."

"Oh, thank goodness," he said with a loud sigh of relief.

Though she smiled at Sol's reaction, Twilight couldn't help but blush.

"... although..." Sol's attention was immediately drawn to Twilight as she continued. "I do feel a little guilty that I didn't get you anything."

"It's fine. This was supposed to be a surprise gift, so I wasn't expecting anything anyway."

"Still, I want to give you something... and I think I know just the thing."

Sol arched an eyebrow. "Huh?"

Twilight's blush reddened as she approached Sol. "There's a reason why I wanted us to be in private. It won't be like how it would have been last night, but..."

Having an idea of what she was talking about, Sol tried to ask her if she was going to do what he thought she was going to do. Before he could, his answer came a moment later when Twilight leaned up to him and pressed her lips against his cheek. Taken off guard, Sol stood still as he felt his face and chest heating up from this sudden act of affection. Not wanting to interrupt this moment, Sol remained still as Twilight held her kiss. It wasn't until after several long seconds had passed that he finally felt Twilight's lips parting his cheek, only to feel her pressing against him as she wrapped her forelegs around him in a hug and nuzzled his neck.

"Happy Hearth's Warming, Sol."

With a goofy smile from being kissed by Twilight, Sol wrapped an arm and his wings around Twilight and nuzzled her back.

"Happy Hearth's Warming, Twilight."


Over in a cabin near the Smoky Mountains, a certain blue pegasus stallion stood hunched over the map of Equestria laid out on the table, with five other ponies gathered around him. Giving a heavy sigh, he turned his gaze from the map to the others gathered.

"Report."

One of the ponies stepped forward and saluted. "We have finally managed to completely take over Vanhoover."

The blue pegasus frowned. "And did they manage to send anypony to warn Celestia and Luna?"

"No. Thankfully, our troops managed to intercept anypony who tried to leave the city. Nopony outside of Vanhoover knows that it is now under your control."

"Good. Anything else?"

Another of the ponies stepped forwards, giving a salute like the other. "Apart from the settlement that those two families made that we captured, we are ready to begin with the next phase of the plan with Las Pegasus. If all goes well like with Vanhoover, we should have complete control over Las Pegasus without drawing the attention of the Royal Sisters."

The blue pegasus grinned. "Excellent, but we'll wait for spring to arrive before we execute the plan. We got lucky with this weather, but I won't risk losing the army in a march through this winter again." He turned his attention back to the map on the table. "At this rate, we will have enough resources to begin our attack by-"

*Bang*

Without warning, the door to the cabin was thrown open, causing everypony in the room to take an aggressive stance at whatever threw the door open. However, instead of it being a stray pony, a royal guard, or worse, it was a lone pegasus mare in full winter clothing stumbled that into to room and collapsed onto the floor. Knowing that she was one of them, they closed the door behind her and began to inspect the downed mare, only to cringe when they saw that her wings had been badly frostbitten from the excessive flying she had undoubtedly done.

"I thought I told all of you to be careful when flying out there in the winter," the blue pegasus berated. "For what reason do you have that would prompt you to go against my orders?!"

The mare weakly reached into her coat and pulled out a map that had been rolled up.

"I... found... him..."

Knowing what she meant, the blue pegasus ran over to the map and unrolled it. After looking over the map and seeing where the mare had marked it, he looked up and addressed the others.

"Change of plans. Come spring, you will accompany me on a little excursion, while the army moves to take Las Pegasus." He glared at the ponies watching him before pointing to the downed mare and bellowing, "And get her down to those mines and bring her to the healer! This one deserves a rest for what she's done."

Hooves scrambled about as the other ponies in the room lifted the frostbitten mare onto the back of one of the others and took her to the back room that held a bookshelf concealing the mining cave behind it. Once they were out of sight and could barely be heard, the blue pegasus stallion took the map and laid it out across the table, grinning widely and chuckling as he stared at the mark.

"Happy Hearth's Warming indeed."

Author's Note:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and safe travels.

PreviousChapters Next