• Published 1st Jan 2016
  • 682 Views, 3 Comments

Happy Hearth's Warming Eve - Juu50x



Three stories of our ponies celebrating Hearth's Warming Eve their own way.

  • ...
4
 3
 682

Written (RariJack)

Nothing was ever so perfect. That's what Rarity had come in terms with, but everything had a limit. “Applejack... dear.” she said in tone that was promising trouble for the earth pony if she didn't get her act together.

“Calm yer hoovsies there sugarcube.” Applejack calmed her marefriend.

“Calm? Calm!?” Rarity raised her voice. “How anypony can be so calm if they had to wait on a cold, winter night outside like I have! While everypony else is spending Hearth's Warming Eve inside, where it is also warm!” Rarity was very close on losing her patience.

“A'hm telling ya, you should be more patient.” Applejack called back. Her own raised up a bit.

“Well excuse me if my blood isn't cold as the snow around us!” Rarity huffed. “At least someponies have the decency of getting inside and not wasting our time outside for some nonsense!”

Applejack groaned at Rarity's comment. “Yer such a prissy princess sometimes!”

To that Rarity gasped in shock. “Well, with that kind of language you are making me very unconvinced, and makes me think you called here just so you can secretly laugh while I'm freezing to death!”

Applejack facehooved and made loud groan of annoyance. This was once again one of those moments that she just couldn't stand. And Rarity wasn't finished just yet. “Sometimes I wonder how I can stand being with you. You are such a stubborn mare!”

“A'hm stubborn?” Applejack gasped this time. “Now hold just a gosh darn secon' there! I'm stubborn! At least Ah don't take six minutes to put mah eyebrows!”

Rarity huffed at that remark and raised her snout. “I have you know that it only takes six and half minutes, and it is an eyelash! You also have to do things your way! Sometimes I don't understand how I got into you!”

“Well, Ah DO!” Applejack screamed this time. Making even Rarity jump from startle. “An' Ah also rememba' how Ah got into you!” There was hurt those green eyes that were so bright to Rarity for some reason.

“Yeah, ya can have yer moments when ya get on mah nerves, either unintentional or just intentional. Just like Ah do.” Applejack said. “But the way ya keep yerself up and try yer best so everypony can have what they want. Tha' devotion ya have. To yer work. To make sure everythin' was just as ya or yer costumers wanted it.”

“When ya get an inspiration, there' tha' fire Ah see in yer eye.”

As Applejack went on Rarity felt the frustration and anger towards Applejack decrease. It was true that both of them did get on each others nerves, but there was still something so beautiful about their relationship.

She remembers when Applejack had asked out the first time. And that time she learned that Applejack can blush could easily rival Big Macs coat, but it was still so sweet and she had learned more that Applejack can be more reasonable and even lady-like given the right circumstances.

And now, at Hearth's Warming Eve, Applejack had had something in mind, but it seems things haven't exactly gone as planned and that was costing on poor earth ponies nerves. And Rarity herself didn't help with her uncomplaining.

Oh my dear Applejack. she thought, slightly shaking her head. You could have just told me. But of course whatever it is, has to be a secret. Rarity said in her head, as a smile formed around her lips and she walked to Applejack. Embracing her in a warm hug, ending her ramblings that had gone quite a bit already.

“Just shut it you ruffian.” Rarity said half joking. “I think I get where you are coming from.” she said. “But you could have just told me.”

She and Applejack then separated from the hug, but now were holding their hooves together. Applejack giving Rarity expression that was cross between amusement and sadness. “Yeah... but all Ah wanted, was this to be our special moment...” she said in disappointment. Her ear flattening against her head. “Since it's been now six months...”

“Of course my dear Applejack.” Rarity soothed Applejack by running her hoof down Applejack's cheek. “Maybe you can show it to me when a cold weather doesn't get in the way?” she asked, or rather suggested with a smile.

That brought Applejack to much more happier mood and she nodded. Both them finally letting go, started to leave their place, but were halted by a soaring sound.”It can' be...” Applejack said in disbelieve. “Someponies know how to pick 'em...”

Rarity was bit confused. What happening right now? Was this the surprise Applejack had in mind? And soon she saw what was making that noise, and it was small squadron of pegasi. An aerial show? she thought confused. Isn't this more of Rainbow's department? she wouldn't dare to ask the question out loud to Applejack, who had gotten more of her usual cheerfulness back.

“Well, Ah guess it's better than never!” she exclaimed. Raising both of her hooves in triumphant as the pegasi fly over them, and then into the clouds. And then out from the clouds and back in, and they continued this for a while. Forming something on the clouds.

And soon Rarity could see, they were forming words on the thick cloudy sky. And through the letters, she could see the bright moonlight shining through them. And in little time, she could read perfectly what it read: Happy 6 Month Anniversary Sugarcube

“Heheh... yeah. It was actually Fluttershy's idea-” Applejack wasn't able to finish her sentence as Rarity had stolen her lips and then had collided them with her own. And Applejack didn't mind, as now things were more like how she had planned.

Few hiccups and bit of getting to each other's nerves. It was worth. This was now her best Hearth's Warming Eve. And she and Rarity would enjoy it the best they could.