• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 526 Views, 6 Comments

Derpy's Muffin - Starry Wisp



Derpy heads to Sugarcube Corner to purchase their final muffin of the day. That is, until Octavia swoops in and takes it before Derpy can. Can Derpy do everything she can to retrieve HER muffin? Or will she cause more trouble than she can handle?

  • ...
 6
 526

A Sneeze Away From Trouble

Derpy and Doctor set out immediately to Twilight's castle, in seek of her support and guidance.

"Your Highness! Princess, we need your help! Octavia bought Derpy's muffin, and we need your help to get it back before she eats it tonight! Can you help us?" Doctor said in a frazzled state, as he ran up to Twilight, who sat in her throne, reading Daring Do and the Ring of Destiny, her favorite Daring Do book.

Twilight turned around, and trotted towards the two panicked ponies. "Okay, what happened, and how can I help?"

The two told Twilight the whole story, and barely letting Derpy finish, Twilight was in. " Okay. Let's get you the muffin that you deserve!"

And with that, the three ponies rushed over to Octavia and Vinyl's split two toned cottage.

Doctor knocked on the door, and moments later, a messy, dazed Vinyl showed up at the door, wearing an off white bathrobe with her cutie mark design printed around it, hair in a bedhead look, tired, red eyes, red nose,and coffee floating in her blue horn aura.

":snuff: whuh- whadoya want- Oh! Sorry, Princess, I didn't expect to see YOU here!

With that embarrassment, Vinyl started sweating a bit.

"really, SO sorry... I'm just- :snuff: comin' down with a bit of a flu.." ACHOO!

Vinyl's embarrassment didn't end. She just sneezed a massive sneeze into Princess Twilight's face.

Twilight gave a silently polite "ulgh" then rubbed the slime off of her face.

"Is Octavia home? We'd like to see her." Twilight said, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, yeah sure. Tavie's home. Come in, sorry about the tissues."

The three ponies were hesitant at first to enter the germy house, but they figured that knowing Octavia, she'd probably had cleaned fairly recently.

Trying to stay healthy, Twilight and Derpy hovered, and Doctor was being cautious. After knocking into a seemingly expensive vase and failing to keep it intact, Derpy then landed to join Doctor.

Then, at the end of the hall, was a completely, tissue-free zone- the end of the hall that Octavia's room is in.

They knock on the side, even though her door is open. No response. Then, Twilight notices the sound of water rushing, a bit muffled. She comes to a conclusion about what it is.

"Um, guys, Octavia's taking a shower. Maybe we should come back later."

Then, the water stops, and a door knocks open. After a minute, Octavia, in a towel, walks out, without realizing her visitors. Twilight knocks the wall again.

Octavia jumps in embarrassment, then lets out a small shriek, and blushes.

"Uh, one minute!" Octavia says, motioning to Twilight to close the door.

Twilight abruptly shuts the door, blushes, and waits with Doctor and Derpy.

"She's a little busy at the moment... Give her a sec..." Twilight nervously says, embarrassed at what had happened.

A few minutes later, Octavia opened her bedroom door.

"Sorry about that, Princess Twilight. I wasn't expecting visitors..." Octavia blushed again.

A small awkward silence occurs. Then Octavia speaks up. "So, what brings you here?"

Twilight motions Doctor over to speak.

"Well, Derpy told me that she was waiting in line for her muffin, then you purchased said last muffin before she had her turn. But this may be on the faults of Mrs. Cake, who didn't remember Derpy reserving it earlier that morning. Have you, by any chance eaten it? I hate to pressure you, but Derpy here was pretty upset when she came home."

"No, I haven't eaten it yet, and I'm so so so sorry, I wasn't thinking. I would have told Mrs. Cake to save it for you any day. I was just a little frazzled. With Vinyl being sick, and me having had a lack of sleep, :sigh: I'm sorry."

Octavia walked into the kitchen, then returned with a white paper bag in her mouth. She put the bag down in front of Derpy, pushing it closer with her hoof.

"Here. It's clearly more important to you than it is for me. Now that I think about it, since Vinyl is sick, she's probably going straight to bed tonight, instead of to her DJ booth. I might finally get some sleep!"

Derpy placed the bag into her saddlebag.

"Thank you so much, Octavia! You are a great friend!" Derpy then hugged Octavia. Twilight pushed forward.

"Good luck, with sleep, and with Vinyl."

"Thanks, Princess. And never speak of this incident again." Octavia motioned into her bathroom, and winked. Twilight winked back.

"Ok, let's go!" Twilight said as she took off to avoid tissues again.

"Wait, Twi? Can we go to Sugarcube Corner to talk to Mrs. Cake? I want to talk to her about this."

"Sure, Derpy. Whatever makes you happy!"

They carefully left Octavia and Vinyl's house, and headed towards Sugarcube Corner.

Comments ( 5 )
Comment posted by Cracked Egg deleted Aug 23rd, 2016

Deleted comments... Not a good sign.

7827505 They were honestly offensive, to me and to Derpy. My writing is my writing, and I like it. More people need to read these kinds of things, just to discover their interests, and maybe find themselves giggling in the end.

7827505 This is also my first FiMFiction, so it's not as good as my Project Stardust: NaNoWriMo Edition.

7865225 You say they're offensive, but all a prospective reader has to go on is your word. You really hurt your reputation when you resorted to censorship.

Login or register to comment