• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 7,760 Views, 117 Comments

Flapjacks - Baal Bunny



Applejack realizes one morning that Rainbow Dash has apparently moved in with her. This discovery surprises Dash more than a little, too, and sets off a chain of events neither could have imagined.

  • ...
19
 117
 7,760

The Never-Ending

The wedding shut down Ponyville and the countryside all around starting with the pancake breakfast Saturday morning. All four princesses and Discord got into a semi-friendly frying contest, too, their various forms of magic pumping out stacks and stacks of flapjacks for the hungry and cheering crowds. Still, Applejack was more'n a little surprised when Princess Celestia came up the winner.

Discord sniffed and said, "I always knew she had the heart of a short-order cook."

Luna laughed, poking her elder sister in the barrel. "Well, pancakes are a form of cake, are they not?"

The Wonderbolts did their fly over just as the breakfast was winding down. Nothing too fancy since the squadron was two flyers short with Rapidfire now cooling his hooves in a fourth-floor room at the Canterlot Correctional Treatment Facility, but the way it set Dash's eyes to wavering told Applejack it had been entirely worth arranging it.

Everypony wended their way out to the Acres after that, and the ceremony itself kicked off about noon. Twilight had spent the week before in gleeful research, digging up so many weird old pegasus and earth pony joining rituals that Applejack'd had no choice but to put a hoof down. "Short 'n' sweet's the name of the game, sugar cube. We don't want Dash falling asleep halfway through."

"Hey!" Dash had given her a glare before cocking her head and saying, "Yeah, y'know? That's probably exactly what'd happen."

As it was, there wasn't a dry eye in the house as her and Dash repeated the vows Twilight had found for them. Applejack got a little misty herself, looking at Rainbow with that simple wreath of laurel Rarity had woven around her temples, her face shining but oh, so serious as she said words Applejack hadn't ever dreamed she'd hear but now couldn't understand how she'd lived so long without.

Of course, when it was her turn, she couldn't hardly get her throat to work: twenty minutes it felt like she stood there hacking and coughing, but she finally squeezed the dang things out, her blush so big, it heated her up from forehead to fetlocks. And the party after that

Lying in bed back at the Acres, Applejack stretched her ears, pretty sure she could still hear music drifting up the lane from all the way down in town square even though that was late Sunday afternoon sunlight shining through the curtains and dappling the carpet across the room.

Warmth stirred against her, and Applejack forget everything she'd ever known 'cept the pony curled along her side. Dash somehow wriggled closer, then opened her eyes. "Morning," she murmured.

Applejack had to snort. "Four or five hours ago maybe."

Dash snickered, her breath rustling Applejack's mane and making her shiver with a happiness deeper, she was pretty sure, than any she'd known in all her born days. "Yep, yep, yep," Dash was saying. "I'm thinking, though, that for our second date, we should prob'bly head up to Canterlot."

Every bit of warmth whisked away from Applejack, and she crooked her neck to look down at the ding-dang love of her life. "Really?" she asked.

"Well, yeah." Dash's grin made her head appear to have more teeth in it than any pony's ought rightly to have. "I mean, c'mon! What could possibly go wrong?"

Comments ( 37 )

...I can't be the only one who wants to see that teased sequel, titled "And this is why we don't do dates", where everything that can go wrong in Canterlot does.

...right?

"I mean, c'mon! What could possibly go wrong?"

:rainbowwild:

6831601 Yep yep yep!

"I mean, c'mon! What could possibly go wrong?"

You just had to go and jinx it, didn't you, Dash?:facehoof:

:rainbowlaugh:

This is one of those stories you just want to keep hitting the thumbs up button over and over and over.
:twilightsmile:

6831292
Everything goes completely flawlessly, but Applejack is incredibly tense waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Sideplot of Fluttershy having to keep Discord behaving himself because he can feel the wasted mischief and it is driving him sane.

6832548
Plot twist so convoluted M'Night Shamalan wouldn't do it.

...
...
...

I'd read the shit out of that slice of badassery

...it is driving him sane.

Heh.

This was better than expected. of course, after the first chapter, this only could get better!!!

The cherry on the cake! :pinkiehappy:

Love is in bloom,
A beautiful bride, a handsome... um, other bride?
...
Needs more work.

6831292

I second that notion.

~Skeeter The Lurker

This was quite the little tale you've weaved to us.

My only grip? I wish you went more into detail with Rapidfire's Doomsday device.

Then again that probably would have made it longer that truly needed but hey I'm the kind of guy who likes the idea of the Death Star so...

Anyway, I'd 'call it' now, but I can't so enjoy this ominous "judgement pending" in its stead.

~Skeeter The Lurker

I loved the Writeoff original, and wasn't sure at first about the expansion. I loved the expansion, and wasn't sure at first about this filling out into a whole story.
Wow this is so good. Like sure things got kind of silly, as an SoL fic suddenly started having an antagonist and a semi-life-or-death Adventure Scenario, but I think that's just AppleDash for you? No matter what it was funny and cute and I love it.
Also I'm a sucker for weddings.

Thanks, folks!

6831292

Of course, a second story would have to involve the near-destruction of Canterlot, so that might take a little planning on my part. But I certainly won't rule out a sequel... :pinkiehappy:

6847798

I don't envy you folks the task of judging all these. There are some really good stories in the mix here! :twilightsmile:

6849608

Most everything I write ends up being an adventure story somehow, it seems. And this is actually the second Pony wedding scene I've written, now that I think about it: Applejack and Fluttershy get married at the end of my Romance trilogy--which I won't link to here since the whole point of those stories was to see if I could write something "rated mature for sexual situations." They're all over on my AugieDog account, though, if anyone wants to go looking... :raritywink:

Mike

Their date in Canterlot: AJ and Zecora get their bags mixed up. AJ accidentally spills the contents of Zecora's bag (samples of Poison Joke) into the water supply, but it touches her first and so AJ's Poison Joke effect takes place all over the city. Rainbow Dash is now effectively a giant amidst the horde of Canterlittle ponies.

"I mean, c'mon! What could possibly go wrong?"

"Now, I know Cloudsdale had that fancy fall-apart system an' all, but this is ridiculous."
"Oh come on, why does Canterlot even have legs? Why would you build that?!"
"I don't rightly know, sugarcube, but I recon' we best go catch it."

6911549
6913226

I need:

To find a way to use all these suggestions at once. :pinkiehappy:

Mike

I had... SO MUCH FUN with this! Oh my gosh, was it good! :rainbowlaugh:
Know what? I don't care for nitpicks. I don't have any. Maybe I could try to read it again and again and again, dissecting it until I found, well, something. But where's the fun in that? No, instead, I relish that goofy grin that's plastered on my face for the last hour.
IT.
WAS.
AWESOME.
Seriously. I try to say something, you know, helpful. Something more... detailed, maybe? But I just can't get over how unbelievably awesome this was! It's ridiculous, really.

So... yeah. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :pinkiehappy:

7092362

Thank you:

For reading it!

Mike

7112254

If you don't mind:

Some futanari and some clop, I've written a whole trilogy over on my AugieDog account exploring this very subject with Applejack and Fluttershy trying to sort out what it means to be friends in love. "Biology: A Romance" is the first story in the sequence, and I won't link to it here 'cause it's rated mature for sexual situations. :twilightsmile:

Mike

:rainbowhuh: Oh, there was one more chapter :twilightsheepish: I knew that, I was just-uh, checking! Yeah, checking to make sure you were paying attention! Eeyup. :eeyup:
Cutest darn fic I've read this side of the Bacon Horse. :rainbowlaugh: Countryisms: Nailed it.

PS, sorry if you get a notification for cute/heartwarming stuff, I was going for favorite romance stuff and clicked wrong :facehoof:

so..much..fluff!!!:flutterrage::heart::flutterrage::heart::flutterrage::heart::flutterrage::heart:
:rainbowdetermined2:"ohmygosh!ohmygosh!ohmygosh!ohmygosh!ohmygosh!ohmygosh!"
:ajsmug: "well it's sabout darn time"
SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:
*dies*

so yea, it was a very fluffy, an fun story! though, dash's last comment. hilarious! xD
...*favs*

This was brilliant. Exactly how Appledashery should be done. Everyone always focuses on their competitive nature, the constant competition bringing them together but... That's honestly a bad basis for a relationship, It's gonna Happen fast, be explosive and probably end badly. A relationship founded on competition BECOMES a competition, and that's not healthy.

Putting the focus instead on The things they share in common instead of the things they bicker about, That slow burn relationship that everyone else sees coming except for them starts to develop and you get something as brilliant as this. Because neither of them would be much for big flashy displays of affection and are both too busy to worry about stuff like Dates or anniversaries probably wouldn't even be paying attention to how much time theyd started to spend together..

Still waiting on that second date! :rainbowwild:

7614724

I took a little:

Time out to write about Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash saving Cloudsdale--that city gets into more ding-dang situations! "First Pony Plural" is the story over on my AugieDog account. :eeyup:

Mike

Awesome story, I love how the romance between the two of them just snuck up over time and it finally just snapped in AJ's head exactly what was going on between her and Dash. They were both sweet and amusing in their own ways. Near the end was sad but great with Dash worried about how AJ felt about them being a couple. Dash telling her that they don't have to label it, just so long as they can just keep up what they had together. It felt very sweet and a bit desperate of her, which was a really nice emotional mix.

Rapidfire turning on a doomsday weapon over the sake of being jealous...that guy does not have his priorities straight. :facehoof:

Wonderful story, I am happy to have read it. :pinkiehappy:

8023346

Thanks!

Romance has always been difficult for me to write, so I'm glad when folks enjoy it!

Mike

Was walking in the store when I suddenly saw this:

i.imgur.com/Zdl2G6N.jpg

Made me instantly think of this story. Much love to the writer, awesome fanfic

You have changed my mind about this ship.

Not whether it'd work, or not. Nothing so serious a that. But Flapjack has now replaced Appledash as my preferred name for it. :pinkiehappy:

By the way, I feel like I should say something about the story itself, too, but most of what I want to say has already been said. It always makes me feel boring and unimaginative repeating other people, so I'll just stick with: This was a fun little story, and I really like the Hurricane Protocol thing. I'll try to remember that, and maybe even find someplace to work it into my own stories. Maybe.

If I do, I'll try to remember to credit you.

9356507

It's always:

Such a sweet surprise when folks come across these old stories. Glad you enjoyed it!

Mike

This was wonderful, and lovely, and sweet.

Oh the fuzzies:rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment