• Published 16th Jan 2016
  • 1,316 Views, 13 Comments

Almost Equal - REDMAMBA



Brian is a daredevil from earth when he suffers a catastrophic parachute failure and is sent spiralling down to earth. He suffers a violent crash and wakes up to find that he cant remember a thing... thats good... right?

  • ...
4
 13
 1,316

Day 2

Author's Note:

Took much, much longer then it should have.
For those of you that read this already, I'm sorry but I accidentally published it without thinking. It was not ready, I really don't know what I was thinking.

I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in a cold sweat. I was breathing heavily as my eyes shot around the room.

I shoved the covers off and headed for the window; I pushed it open and threw up. I’ve never been that scared in my life. As soon as I emptied my stomach onto the ground two stories down, I fell into a heap of tears as I curled up into a ball. I felt like I was falling, I enjoyed it at first… but the sky went dark as I was engulfed in it. After that I fell into a canyon, landing in a river. I tried frantically to swim away as I fought to catch my breath, but every time I grabbed a rock a wave engulfed me and swept me farther down river.

As hard as I tried to save my self it was in vain. I screamed for anyone or anything to save me. But I knew my screams wouldn’t be heard over the raging torrent. I cried as I was swept farther and farther downstream. I still screamed every chance my mouth wasn’t filled with water. And that’s when I heard it…

A waterfall.

My eyes went wide as the roar of the falls increased. I tried to swim upstream but it was in vain. I slipped over the edge as I screamed in utter fear. As I fell I looked below, there was no river it was just the ground. After what seemed like I hit the ground… It caused me to wake up and head straight for the window. I cried for about ten minutes until the shaking of my body stopped. Once I calmed down I climbed back onto the bed and went back to sleep… well, tried to at least. I tossed and turned for most of the night and didn’t get much rest.

I woke up the next morning felling like crap. I sat up and rubbed my face.

“Awe what a miserable night,” I said as I let my arms fall on the bed.

I heard the door shoot open.

“Morning, Brian!” said Twilight happily.

“Morning, Twilight,” I mumbled.

“Are you okay?” she asked with a hint of worry.

“I didn’t sleep well,” I said.

“Why not? Was it the bed? Spikes snoring? The large room? The-”

“I had a nightmare,” I said interrupting her.

“Oh… was it that bad?” she asked.

“Yes, and I’d rather not talk about it,” I said.

“Oh, okay,” said Twilight.

“So what are you up to?” I asked trying to lift the mood.

“I just came to see if you were awake, and to see what you would like for breakfast?” she asked.

I tossed the sheets off and put my feet on the floor. And damn was the floor cold, “Oh I don’t know, what did you have in mind?”

“Well Spike wanted cinnamon rolls, is that fine with you?” she asked.

“Sure!” I said happily.

I stood up and arched my back and stretched my arms over my head. Unfortunately my nose got a little close to my armpit.

“Woof! Woah! I smell bad!” I said as I jerked my head away and lowered my arms, “Uh Twilight?” I asked.

“Yes?”

“I could use a shower. You wouldn’t happen to have any other clothes for me?” I asked.

She put her hoof to her chin, “I know that I have one other pair you could use..." she put her hoof back down, "but that’s it,” she said.

“Well could you please get them for me?” I asked.

“Of course!” replied Twilight.

“Thank you.”

We left the room together. Twilight headed for somewhere, while I headed for the bathroom. Once I made it to the bathroom I stripped down and took a well over do shower. After about ten or so minutes I got out and dried myself off. About halfway through I heard Twilight knock and tell me that my clothes were placed outside the bathroom door. Being quick and stealthy I opened the door and grabbed my clothes. I slipped on my underwear and why are my pants and shirt both blue? Eh no big deal. I got dressed and headed for the… crap I’m lost again.

“Twilight!?”

“Yes Brian?” responded Twilight as she rounded a corner, “what’s up?”

“I got lost… again.”

“Oh don’t worry about it. I got lost a few times myself when I first moved in,” replied Twilight.

“Wait… you moved into the castle?” I asked as I joined her side.

“Yes… I guess I’ll have to tell you that story sometime,” she said.

“Well you know where to find me,” I said sarcastically.

We chatted as we walked the short distance to the dining hall. Once we were inside the hall we walked in and up to the table. She grabbed a seat and so did-

“Crap!” I fell backwards and land on the floor with a good thud.

“Oh my goodness! Are you okay?” asked Twilight frantically.

“Yeah…” I looked up at her, “hey Twilight?” I asked.

“Yes?” she responded nervously.

I began to shuffle on the ground, “Do you think we could get a larger chair for me? I don’t seem to fit in this one,” I said as I stood up and sat back down in my chair. Making sure to be careful not to fall…. again.

“Of course.”

“Thank you,” I said.

“No problem.”

Spike came out a few minutes later with a batch of warm cinnamon rolls. We sat and chatted while we had a very delicious breakfast. After about twenty or thirty minutes breakfast was finished. Twilight tried to coax me outside again, but I still didn’t feel comfortable. Sometime after lunch Twilight headed out to do something.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Twilights POV

“Okay, I’ll be back soon,” I said, “Brian are you sure that you don’t want to come with me?”

“Yes, I’m sure Twilight,” he said firmly.

“Okay, just making sure,” I said.

I opened the door to the castle and stepped out into the warm afternoon air. I trotted through Ponyville until I came to Rarity’s boutique. I opened the door and stepped inside while the little bell announced my presence.

“Coming!” cheered the happy mare.

“Hi Rarity,” I said happily.

“Oh Twilight! I didn’t know that you were stopping by,” she said with a smile.

“I’m just here to fill an order.”

“And what order would that be?” she asked out of confusion.

“You remember those odd dimensions I gave you?” I asked.

“But of course!”

“I could use some more clothes,” I said.

“Why would you…” she trailed off, “uh… is that thing… awake?” she asked nervously.

“Yes. And I know what you’re thinking, no he is not dangerous, no you don’t have to worry about me, and his name is Brian,” I said before the stupid questions began to roll.

“Are you sure darling? I’m mean-”

“Rarity, I had this conversation with Rainbow. I’m being careful,” I said interrupting her.

“Okay…” she said nervously while she looked to the side.

“Hey you want to know a little secret?” I said leaning in a little closer.

“Sure,” she said as she leaned in closer.

“To be honest… he’s more scared of us then I am of him,” I said.

Rarity leaned back, “Really?”

I laughed a little, “You should have seen his reaction when he first saw Spike. He practically hit his head on the ceiling he jumped so high.”

She giggled a little, “Well… that is pretty funny, but I want you to be safe,” she said with a more serious tone.

“Don’t worry I am,” I said.

“Thank you darling.”

“You’re welcome,” I replied, “So when can you have that order done?”

She turned and walked over to a nearby table, “I can have it done in the next few days.”

“Okay, I’ll stop by in a few days.”

She talked over he shoulder without looking at me, “I’d rather stop by the castle, I wouldn’t mind meeting this Brian,” she said.

“I don’t know if that’s the best idea Rarity,” I said nervously.

She turned to look at me, “Oh come now Twilight! He can’t stay in the castle forever, he’s going to have to come out eventually,” she said, “I also have the feeling that you would want us to meet him eventually. You are the Princess of Friendship after all!”

She has a point there.

“I still need to coax him outside,” I said nervously.

“And how do you intend to do that?” she asked with a head tilt.

“Probably nag him until he gives in,” I said sarcastically, “that usually works on Spike.”

“And if that doesn’t work?”

“I’ll think of something. Anyway I’ll get out of your mane,” I turned and trotted to the door, “I’ll see you around Rarity.”

“Good bye Twilight!”

I trotted back into town to run a few errands. The rest of the day went pretty well. I picked up a few groceries, bought a book, or two… or five. Hehe, what can I say I like reading. Anyway, when I get a new chair I’ll have to have it custom made… Brian might not like it though. Then again he has to come outside eventually. I guess I still need to think of something.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Brians POV

The rest of the evening went pretty well. Well except for some interesting books that I think twilight would want me to keep quiet about. Who would own a book called 101 Ways to Court a Stallion? Sends a cringe up my spine, and an awkward one too. Hard to believe that there are people, or ponies in this case, that can be that desperate.

Anyway, I don’t think Twilight would be too happy about me telling someone that. So I just went around a looked for something interesting. I grabbed a history book and just started reading. Twilight came back at some point. When she found me she grabbed a book and decided to join me. After a few hours we had dinner. She tried to coax me outside yet again.

“Brain you have to go outside at some point!”

“I know Twilight but… *sigh* I’m still trying to grasp the whole situation,” I said reluctantly.

“I promise you that nothing bad will happen.”

I gave her a bemused look, “You don’t know that.”

“What do you think is going to happen!?”

“Let’s see,” I looked to the ceiling as I grabbed my chin with my hand, “for all I know someone could use their ‘magic’ and probably kill me,” I looked back at her and put my arm on the table.

Now it was her turn to give me a bemused look, “I doubt that, especially if I’m standing next to you.”

I let out a depressed sigh, “I don’t know… it’s just… I guess I’m just nervous.” I paused, “even though I can’t remember anything I know for a fact that I don’t belong here.” I leaned back in the tiny chair, “I’m still doing my best to get accustomed to my situation.”

“Do I really need to hold your hoof?”

“Hold my hoof? Twilight I have hands a feet, not hooves.”

Immediately she made a piece of paper and quill appear. She scribbled down a few notes before making it disappear. I sat there at a loss.

“What was that about?”

“Just taking some notes,” she said happily.

“Do you really need to take notes about me?”

“Well ever since the… incident. I haven’t been able to take proper notes. But now that you’re awake I can!”

“Do you really have to do this?” asked feeling rather annoyed and frustrated.

“You’re an entirely new species! I want to learn all I can.”

“Fine… whatever,” I crossed my arms and looked to the side.

After a few awkward seconds I stood up, “Thanks again for dinner.”

I didn’t acknowledge Twilight and just left the room. Once I stepped through the doorway… I think I heard a sniffle. I ignored it and went to my shitty room and lied down.

Let’s just say it was another crappy, sleepless night.

Comments ( 5 )

Nightmares? The plot thickens!

But in all seriousness, your doing good so far! I think that's worth a like.

why.... is this story ded i wanna new chapter...:fluttercry:

8153443 Well... this is a colab with another guy and unfortunatly he said he was going to write the next chapter! Hasn't really happened... :twilightblush:

8153576 well... maybe you can go ahead without the other guy and continue andl let him write another chapter when he comes back i think he left the site or probs left writing so go without 'em:raritywink:

I can't wait until the next chapter:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment